Web browser thread

Web browser thread

Which one is the best? Does a good one even exist?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Features_of_the_Opera_web_browser#Legacy_features.5B10.5D.5B11.5D.5B12.5D
addonconverter.fotokraina.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Which one is the best?
Opera 12.16
>Does a good one even exist?
Yes, but it's three years old.

Opera. Followed by Chropera. Followed by Vivaldi.
Firefox is somewhere on the list above Chrome.

>Opera 12.16
Why is it good?

It's lacking many modern features.

Exact opposite actually, it's the modern browsers that are feature lacking, which is exactly why Opera's the best. All the shit it can do and how it does it.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Features_of_the_Opera_web_browser#Legacy_features.5B10.5D.5B11.5D.5B12.5D

chrome.

im still stunned that this browsers manages to make me happy while im browsing and while i am developing. im no big google fan but its their killer product and lets just hope that they wont bastardize it with their material design.

>Which one is the best?

Chrome

Yes, Chrome

Why do you hate RAM?

>material design

It's much too late for that, now, they already did

You seem poor. Do you run on x2 1GB RAM sticks?

Your chinkpad probably chokes on Chrome even if you run 4GB RAM

The best nowadays is chropera, which is shit compared to Opera.
Browsers nowadays are pieces of shit.

It consumed most of my 8 GB and I had to frequently close things down do prevent my entire OS from freezing with just ~20 tabs open. Since I switched to Firefox I have had no problems. Chrome is a shit.

i might be unware / not up to date as I use some extension that enforces some minimalism but last time i checked it only had the ripple effect and some bigger buttons which while i find unnecessary is nowhere as bad as it could be.

because its 2016.

>Which one is the best?
Safari on OSX
Yes, Safari on OSX

The rest are shit tier though

>i have never tried Safari on OSX so i'll just post a gif lulz

I'm using OS X right now and have definitely used Safari, it sucks.

Name 800 things Chrome does better

Why would I want to utilize less RAM at the cost of my browser's performance?

Where did I say Chrome was good?

Safari is trash. It doesn't even have favicons to show you when you got a (You).

>buy 16GB of ram
>doesnt use it

Yea, man, fuck how efficient it is. No favicons, that's what really matters

What is more efficient about it than literally any other modern browser?

Chrome was using 1.5gb of ram with only one tab open and it was increasing by 50mb per second. My 4gb ram shittop didnt like that.
How does it feel like to use one giant memory leak, chromefags?

>efficient
"no" chrome beats it in every way.

just don't use anything chromium based and you should be fine

For one Safari has lots of energy saving features compared to others like shutting down plugins and stopping gifs when switching tabs or scrolling past

There are numerous tests proving that you gain 4+ hours of extra battery life on a macbook by using Safari over another browser

>clueless the post
Complete syncing with Safari on iOS devices.
A built-in reading list and RSS reader in the sidebar.
Native Mac notifications from a wide variety of sites.
Built-in Reader mode, for clutter-free reading.
Toolbar and tabs optimized to use as little vertical space as possible.

Firefox

Chropera with battery saving mode enabled has been proven (by Opera Software, so take it with a grain of salt) to be more battery-efficient than any other browser, including Safari.

I'll take the loss of battery life over not having to use shitware any day.

google dont make chrome
the chromium devs do and google adds botnet and calls it chrome

16GB of RAM here. Use Firefox and Chrome both, no fancy scripts or torn down forks of either.
20 tabs in both (at least) all day.
No issues

Yep, 16GB is the best. Poorfags with their 8GB

I'm using FF just fine with 8 GB. 60 tabs currently.

Chropera. Especially because of built in VPN and adblocker.

Fx nightly

>while i am developing
God forbid you want to use backspace to go back.

Lets not forget how it had built-in user.js support, all in one mail, RSS and IRC clients.
Why did they ditch presto for objectively worse engine - chromium?

When i upgraded from 8 to 16gb my system used way more ram than before. It's always between 5-7 with only a few tabs open in chrome now.
Granted I'm on os x so it naturally uses more ram than winblows

You should stop looking for CP.

>trying to find out how much ram I free up after using the suspend background tabs feature
>Browser is based on Chrom*

There HAS to be an easier way. All I know is, it seems to really fix that whole "Chromium eating through ram" issue.

RAM is meant to be used. Unused RAM is wasted RAM.

DELETE THIS

There's arguably no best browser, I use Opera right now though. Firefox seemingly has a weird issue with netflix when it changes to the next episode it locks up my computer for a second and Chrome causes bluescreens. Really odd set of problems I have, but Opera doesn't cause them so.

thats extremely sad. I'm not sure what to do when 12.16 became unusable.

Me either

It depends on what you want from your browser.

No Midori?

>Vivaldi

Hell no that shit crashes all the damn time

When was Midori a botnet?

brave

midori and epiphany

use the DukeNukemForever browser, it is the best by far

palemoon is kinda nice

Should I even bother with IceCat?

Brave or Vivaldi.

>Does a good one even exist
:' (

Lynx isn't a botnet

Seconding this.
That said. I do use "modern" FF and Chrome because Html5 and other stuff but... oh man... Opera 12.16 was the last good thing that happened to browsers worldwide.

And sure, you can do a lot of what Opera 12.16 did... if you install just a FEW FUCKING DOZENS of add-ons and plug-ins. Meanwhile with Opera all you needed to do was edit single config file with notepad.

I pray for this day to never come.

Don't cite me on this but from what I heard it was because of rather toxic management and developer team. Long story short, People developing "old" opera were extremely hermetic and didn't want to let anyone into their "inner circle" of knowledge how to work with old engine. Hence pushing managers/chefs/bosses to pay them more for their "sacred knowledge". Eventually, whoever was in charge, fired the fuck out of them, got new team and swapped to chromium, literally turning opera into chrome.

Keep in mind this might be just a marketing ruse and complete bullshit. I can't tell myself really.

Firefox is the winner at the moment for me. e10 is surprisingly good.

Firefox and Chromium on my main PC.

Pale Moon on my old 32-bit thinkpad.

>tfw no HTTPS Everywhere for Seamonkey.
Anyone have a solution for this?

>Anyone have a solution for this?
Install HTTPS Everywhere

>Not available for SeaMonkey 2.40

Yet here I am using it on SeaMonkey 2.40

Pretty weird, user.

You just need to convert it
addonconverter.fotokraina.com/

>Hurr, unused RAM is wasted RAM
Chrome users, everyone.
Can't expect too much intelligence from someone who uses a browser just because it's the standard one or heavily advertised.

>Opera has more votes than Chropera
I'm proud of you, Cred Forums

Huh, that was weird. I tried to download the version for Firefox and it just installed directly from there after I got the message that it would only work with Firefox.

Some Fx addons work in SeaMonkey, they just need to be modified. Hell I've got 12 addons installed and half of them don't work according to the addons' pages, I'm still using them without issue.

>12 addons
Does that not slow your browser startup time?

I just compiled Seamonkey and I am really surprised at how much less memory usage it uses than FF.

It only takes 4 seconds, I always have it running so it's not like it's that big of a deal

>botMet
nice midori!

Nice, lad.
Any chance I can get a screenshot of what addons you use? I am genuinely curious of what someone with 12 addons would use.

Such is life as an Opera 12 user, I'm not even done setting shit up. I'd be surprised if I didn't hit 20 addons soon.

Why do native desktop apps still exist?

Why the fuck are you using uBlock instead of uBlock Origin?

I don't keep up with the flavor of the day

uBlock hasn't been developed for over a year. Gorhill works on uBlock Origin.

Like I said, I don't keep up with the flavor of the day.

Is it really "flavor of the day" when the entire board blew up about it and the developer told everyone to stop using uBlock? Sounds like you just don't keep up with technology in any way.
Do you at least update your browsers?

I keep up with technology, just not addons in browsers I rarely use. It's impossible to keep up with literally everything, and browsers are extremely low on my list.
>Do you at least update your browsers?
No fucking shit, of course I do. Well, the ones that can be updated.

chrong