Job/Interview stories

I'll start:
>be interviewing for entry level/help desk role
>sit down with HR lady
>"So user, what animal best describes you?"
>"Uhhhh......"
>sperged out and left 10 min later

I'M NOT JOKING SERIOUSLY WHAT IN THE FUCK? WHY IS THIS DUMB CUNT EVEN EMPLOYED!

>Pic semi-related

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ee60vVR0fQQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>not awnsering dog to get the position without any effort.
Dog = loyal

>help desk role
>entirely dependent on your capacity to be articulate and not abrasive
The questions themselves don't matter, dumbass, she just wanted to hear you communicate your thoughts.

>YASSAH I DO DECLARE DAT IS' BE A GU, A GOO, A GGOODD EMPLOYEH

No thanks user.

>phone interview
>"so what kind of tech stuff are you into?"
>talk about Linux
>"Yes, user Ubuntu is a badass operating system"
>I say that it was badass a long time ago and that Canonical has lost their way
>he asks me to explain
>sperg out, talk about Unity and non-modular design
>mention I use Gentoo
>get called for second phone interview with "the team"
>they sound like normies
>ask me about tech stuff
>they talk like doing stuff via bash is obscure esoteric magic that only elite hackers can do
>again, mention that I use Gentoo, everyone flips out
>one autist asks if I've ever heard of Arch
>"yes, it is my second favorite os
>get hired

Thoughts about spirit animals? Has anyone ever asked you this question during a job interview? Please.

user your dumb as fuck desu senpai.

What kind of company was it? Sounds Awesome to work for. Are you a sysadmin?

Should've said Elmer Fudd
youtube.com/watch?v=Ee60vVR0fQQ

It is for a that records data from sales for various products. I have no knowledge about anything they might want to do and I am very under qualified. I've never had a job before and I have nothing beyond a high school diploma. For some reason, Gentoo was my ticket to making more money than I ever have in my life and my break into the IT industry.

Did you use Gentoo for personal use, did you use it for any projects? I've heard that Etrade actually uses Gentoo. I've been thinking about running Funtoo though, the package manager sounds interesting.

>wanting to work at places where women work
it's like you want to lose will to live senpai

How do you go about meeting women though? Some places don't have good work/life balance.

And for that sweet sweet dog knot. >:3

kik / snapchat / tinder
sounds like someone wants to be mounted

Personal use. It seems my interest and enthusiasm for Linux and going through the task of installing Gentoo is something that the hiring manager really liked. Perhaps he thinks it requires knowledge beyond being able to follow simple directions. Either way, I think I'm in over my head.

A-awoo?

I think you'll make it user, imposter's syndrome maybe? Trial by fire, it'll be a learning experience either way.

Is that really how people meet these days, fuck that shit bro, what if I want to find someone I want to marry? I don't want some social media whore, fuck that shit.

The superior levels subtlety in this shilling is literally historical and actually admirable.
Still a shill, fuck off.

Shilling for what? Enlighten me.

>finding a girl for marriage
>in 2016
i got bad news for you
*rubs behind ear*

I'll probably have to marry an eastern european girl or something. Yea most women are degenerate these days.

>Dog
:3c

I've lived in Bucharest for 6 years, they make american women look like puritan angels. Women are natural cheaters and liars man, don't look for a relationship

No

But yummy looking dog cocks x3

>mfw the l33t shitposters of Cred Forumsentoo are subtly influencing all shitters that read this thread to thinking that somehow you will magically get hired because you installed gentoo

MY FUCCIN GIGA SIDES

BASED /DEVILISH/ BROS

THIS IS SOME QUALITY SHIT

When is this guy gonna show up and tell us his interview story? He better deliver.

>>"So user, what animal best describes you?"
>not replying with "A gnu"

Fuck.

Post more

Shilling for an obscure, free operating system that no ones profits from obviously.

>Not saying a Gnu

Fucking hell, OP.

/thread

Tell that to E*trade.

You just had to say a tortoise

Moderators, pls

>be small time freelance layouter
>moneys short
>see ad from the biggest publishing house in my country
>looking for a magazine producer
>zero experience with that
>apply
>get hired
>improvise my first three months during trial time
>get hired permanently
>worked there for eight years, learned everything from scratch
i know, not tech, but pretty much the same story as yours. if you can throw a fog grenade here and there until you figured out how to deal with the problem you're facing, you'll be perfectly fine. good luck, user.

You can say whatever you want as long as you spin it in a positive manner. It was really a roundabout way of asking "what's your personality like?" and "what are your strengths?" while testing your ability to think on your feet because it's a pretty random question.

MODS = FAGS

Should've said penguin desu, you even posted a pic with one how did this elude you?

nobody cares about the answer. it's about how you can handle the question.

At least post something good

how do you handle a question if not by answering it?

By finding an answer, literally any answer, quickly and also making sure it portrays you in a good light.

>>"So user, what animal best describes you?"
>Not going with Llama then proceed to spit in her face.
No wounder you didn't get the job, no balls, no creativity.

>gentoo literally saved a life

Wonderful.

Was watching that thread too, was hoping to get some advice cause I have an interview in 2 days myself...

>said HR I use Arch as my main OS
>he asks me if I installed it
>say yes
>got hired for SAP dev posotion
>have no idea what SAP is
>learn from scratch and become senior dev
>kek t-thanks Archchan

Literally all you have to do is talk about yourself. Someone asks you something and you answer them. Quit being autistic.