Honest question:

Honest question:

Why do Windows users keep coming to this board?

This is a Linux board and you're not wanted here. Windows isn't an operating system for tech enthusiasts, it's an OS for normies; people who are too dumb to code. It's like showing up to /k/ to brag about your butter knife.

Windows is an OS for consumers. Linux is an OS for people who know what they're doing. If you don't know enough about tech to realize why Linux is superior to Windows you don't belong here, or in any tech communities.

Now go play in visual studio and pretend you're a real programmer because you know how to press buttons.

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/linux/
theguardian.com/world/2013/jul/11/microsoft-nsa-collaboration-user-data
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's obviously not a Linux board since Windows users keep coming here.

Now kill yourself freecuck.

>This is a Linux board and you're not wanted here. Windows isn't an operating system for tech enthusiasts, it's an OS for normies; people who are too dumb to code. It's like showing up to /k/ to brag about your butter knife.

>Windows is an OS for consumers. Linux is an OS for people who know what they're doing. If you don't know enough about tech to realize why Linux is superior to Windows you don't belong here, or in any tech communities.

>Now go play in visual studio and pretend you're a real programmer because you know how to press buttons.

This is a technology board you fucking autistic sperglord and shut the fuck up and deal with it

>free
>cuck

That's an oxymoron.

Because Linux is free it can't cuck you.

Windows on the other hand is literally a cuck OS.

trybuilding up arch and gentoo and then who see is cucking who

Because Linux doesn't cuck you you don't have to install arch or gentoo.

Dumb frogposter

Honest question to Windows users:

Why don't you just leave already if you hate Linux so much.

Why can't Linux people have ONE THING to themselves? Why do windows users have to ruin EVERYTHING???

>It's obviously not a Linux board since Windows users keep coming here.
>Now kill yourself freecuck.

>This is a technology board you fucking autistic sperglord and shut the fuck up and deal with it

Ok, Windows users really need to leave.

t. 15 year old

> I have never worked in a professional environment or developed anything large scale
> I edit config files all day
> I edit config files all day in vim
> I use zsh

Archlinux would be pretty easy to install with such great wiki contributors as Gentoo Linux, and I managed to install both with no formal tech formation (besides Excel when I was 15).

You just need to stay motivated.

Oh, poor baby. Do you need a safe space?

there's a lot of technical stuff to windows you know that isn't programming, maintaining a server for instance

>Frogposting Linux user
This is who I have to share Cred Forums with?

You're an idiot.

They don't use Windows in professional development environments, they use Linux and Unix. Windows is not secure and it's a piece of shit.

Just because you saw a secretary editing a spreadsheet when your mom took you to the doctors office doesn't mean everyone who uses a computer runs windows.

Most professional developers stay far away from windows and the only people using Visual studio or any MS products are code monkeys getting paid 35k/year to re-write legacy spaghetti code while their wife cheats on them with black men.

So you do edit config files all day? :^)

Spoken like a true NEET.

>This is a Linux board

No it's not.
If you want the Linux board you need to go back to reddit.com/r/linux/

Windows:
>office software, mostly female secretaries use it and young virgin men use it for gaming

OS X:
>Graphics design

Linux:
>programming and general computing.

I'll take the bait.

Being a Windows users does not mean you hate Linux, nor does it mean you're not technically literate. This isn't a board dedicated to just linux.

It's not called /l/inux. It's technolo/g/y, something which includes such popular topics as GPUs and Smartphones.

Depressing to have it dominate the board, yes. Against the purpose of the board? No. Windows users, GPU threads, Smartphone generals, that all applies to technology.

If more people on Cred Forums were interested in programming, in linux, in all that other smooth Jazz, such topics would be just as active if not the dominate topics on this board.

The fact is however most people on Cred Forums don't give a shit and can't code. Coding is hard. It's literally learning another language, one that works contrary to 'natural' languages, and one that is greatly helped by understanding math.

Not everyone is good at math. You don't have to be good at math to talk about technology, or to use it, enjoy, or anything. It would certainly help. Someone who knows about the inner workings of a CPU is much more useful and certainly understands technology 'better' than someone who only knows the general purpose of clock speed, cores, hyper-threading, L3 Cache etc

However, you don't need to know how an engine is built or works to know how to drive. You don't need to be able write for a kernel to be able to write a very helpful program that people smarter then you would end up using.

yeah maybe but, I want to have arch linux to my main rig and so i made a virtual machine with arch but it took me hours to do and I fucked up at the end

A willingless to subject yourself to hours of tinkering, customization, optimization, blah blah blah, of whatever Linux distro you fancy is not any sign of being more informed about technology than a Windows user, especially if during the whole process you were reading a point by point guide online.

Oh well. I'm done writing this ranty piece. I like Linux. I'm very happy it's a thing that exists. I run Windows on my main machine, and I'll almost exclusively use it until the day comes that running Windows 8.1 in -current year- just isn't cutting it anymore, at which point I'll likely take the dive and switch to Linux.

But especially with so many Linux distros that are now literally for, are used by, and work just fine for 'normies', the people who 'don't know how to code',

This idea that using Linux means you know shit is a very stupid argument.

Mascot is Richard Stallman. Fuck off Wincuck.

Don't forget system administrators for Linux.

ATTENTION:
ALL WIN-NIGGERS, YOU HAVE TO GO BACK!!!

Is you're a developer, GPL cucks you, even if you don't care about money.

So much butt hurt...

I'll not reply to your comment with the exact version of your text written, s/Linux/plan9/;s/Windows/Linux/.

I know right. Wincucks should die in a hole.

Maybe, but I'm taking you with me. It'll be fun. Well, for me anyway...

I just use whichever OS has the cutest anime mascot

Whatever you say Wincuck.

What if I'm an engineer/CAD Drafter?

Stay ass blasted...

You're basically a secretary.

The Windows vs. Linux troll posting and baiting is a cancer to Cred Forums. I don't know what happened but this place is really trash lately. You are part of the problem.

I've noticed that Cred Forums's been really shitty recently too. The fuck happened to this place?

I know right. You sure told that Wincuck who's boss!! :^)

Then leave.

All this was mostly started by the snowden leaks showing that Microsoft secretly colluded with the NSA to hand over data on it's customers. It was called PRISM much of congress didn't even know this secret program existed.

A private company was operating with a rogue government agency, and you guys don't get why they lost all respect of tech enthusiasts?

Its actually an autism board.
One progresses from Cred Forums or Cred Forums to Cred Forums and lands at /r9k/.

I will make a dot-file that explains the traversion of autism using the data i mined from the postfags

No idea. I stopped visiting regularly for a year or so, come back and its all shit outside the generals. I'm really only here for the thinkpad and linux generals.

Unless you have a Cred Forums pass, you're being tracked here too. reCAPTCHA is owned by Google.

It's a fact that the NSA and Microsoft colluded. It's not conspiracy.

theguardian.com/world/2013/jul/11/microsoft-nsa-collaboration-user-data

Stay a cuck

Actually, this is a board for Mac users, specifically, Mac users who want their daily laugh looking at Winpleb and Lincucks issues crying for support. That and teenagers who participate ironically in GPU wars, the single most autistic thing one can do on the internet.

because Cred Forums is a technology board, not a loonix board

t. Applel user

I'm seriously embarrassed to use Visual Studio and I'm pretty sure it cost me my last job.

What is a good alternative?

What if I told you that I enjoy Windows and Linux both equally for what they are?

because i post about things unrelated to OS (most of the board)

>because Cred Forums is a technology board,
.. and you didn't laugh. Bravo.