> based 1366x768
> i5 slower than my Core2
> 128 GB ssd
> 1600 USD
> mfw

Other urls found in this thread:

apple.com/shop/buy-mac/macbook-air
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Get out newfag. Pay attention in middleschool.

>Another nigga that understates the importance of a hardware manufacture that also controls the software.

Not OP but that seems very unimportant. Buying Apple products is dumb, it's pure brandfagging.

It's not important...until your computer starts running shitty, your drivers start conflicting with your software, unexplained blue screens of death, viruses up the ass and you have to call Haji to figure out why your computer keeps shutting off randomly. So...there's that to look forward to. Meanwhile my Macbook Pro from 2012 runs like a top and syncs with my phone and tablet all seemlessly and without have to configure shit. In the end, you get what you pay for just like with everything else I suppose.

I got one for my cousin for like $900. Normies cannot tell the difference.

>first time in my life
is the closest university at least an hour away from you?
the air only exists now to be relatively cheap. they haven't been interested in the product for years. they sold those plastic macbooks for too long for the same reason

>virus argument
>blue screen argument

what's it like to live in an expensive bubble?

>> See MacBook Air for first time in my life
>> based 1366x768
In it's defence, having a high res on such a small screen is pointless
inb4 phonefags come and start waving their placebo 4k screens about

They aren't anything else than just a fashion statement and bragging rights.

Pretty well, TY. Especially since I experience none of the two.

Many people buy Apple products because they actually like the product, they're not wrong to do so.

ebin

He already described it, it's virus and blue screen free

You have a laptop, phone, and tablet that are underpowered and overpriced. Good job, super shopper.

ITT : iCuck will defend their shitty product like a hivemind. So good to be human.

>underpowered
no
>overpriced
no, well maybe the phone and tablet

Mine is 1440x900

I love how it's okay to be a blatant fanboy but the moment Apple's involved it's not even okay to consider their products no matter how great they are. Stay retarded

>Calls man newfag
>Posts shitty non-oc from a week ago

Neither do i

Macs are as susceptible to malware, ridiculous software crashes and other nasty shit as well, so if you think your bubble is going to keep your candy ass safe you're living a lie

Sorry I'm not into overpriced obsolescent and closed source products with retarded design and useless functionnalities.

>Calling tech support
>Posting on Cred Forums

is this board just faggots Cred Forums or what

>well maybe
this fuckhead has no idea what he's buying has he?

Fucking faggot

Which model costs 1600? I don't see it.
apple.com/shop/buy-mac/macbook-air

Sorry I don't read posts from retards that spout random adjectives about things they don't like for no reason

The fuck are you on about? I was saying iPhones and iPads are overpriced. Jesus Christ are you ever retarded.

>why your computer keeps shutting off randomly
i have a rMBP sept 2012 15" and it has been randomly shutting off recently (and freezes), do you know why? I have to unplug the charger and wait 15 mins before it will turn on again. It also now shuts off when i try to run a game and some websites. please help

>Sorry I don't read
>Read it anyway
iCuck everyone.

They could do 1080p at least. Otherwise you can find 768p laptops much cheaper than the air. The only selling point for the air is "lol apple" and battery life.

But if I wanted battery life with a shit screen I'd just buy the ideapad 100s instead.

I stopped 5 words in, wouldn't really call that reading the post.

I don't know user. My Macbook doesn't do that.

>The only selling point for the air is "lol apple" and battery life.
OS X's definitely a selling point.

It's really the price most can't get around. At the end of the day most would rather spend less money and deal with the fallout of owning windows. Even my most staunch apple hater friends will jump at the chance to "experiement" with my used apple products at a steep discount. It's not about the hate, it's about the money. But you niggas knew that already.

K

The MacBook Air is designed to meet two aims.
Low battery usage.
Small size.
Parameters like price, speed and capacity are not as important.
For example: my gf is still recovering from cancer surgery. She is having problems with the size, weight and battery life of her 2009 MacBook. The MacBook Air weighs in at just over just over 1Kg compared with the MacBook at over twice that. It's a little smaller and lasts longer per charge. It runs all her software and the current version of OSX/MacOS. Speed and capacity are not big items for her.

>2017-1
Are people really still using this argument?

Nigger this is an actual computer. Specs matter more in this case.

Why would you give cancer to your girlfriend who's recovering from cancer?

Lol

You've been taught to say insensitive things like that.
Aren't you just a little ashamed?

I apologize for him. I wish her to recover for that.

Why laugh at facts? OS X's the only reason I buy anything from Apple, well that and the fact that iMacs are great

Please say that to my laptop/server that has been sitting on my desk, running non stop, since I plugged it in in 2013. It has only ever shut off twice, because of dust.

Are you fucking kidding? A 12" MacBook with 8gb of ram, i5 processor, and 500 GB flash mem costs $1599 in fucking 2016. And you say that's not underpowered and overpriced?

I got a T420 with the 1600x900 resolution right when they came out. I'm still using it. There is no way I can accept anything less than that on a laptop now. I've gotten too used to it. I'm a developer and I need the screen real estate. I don't do much development on the laptop anymore, now that I'm out of school. But when I want to, I don't worry about the size of the screen at all.

Actually the best programmer I've ever worked with used a MacBook Air for his portable.

Eh, I think they're a little overpriced, and I don't agree with all of the design decisions. If you ignore the price (which I've already said, is an obvious downside), they're pretty good computers.

Basically, they're not my first choice, but they're not bad. I went with the Thinkpad because I like removable batteries, matte screens and keyboards that can take a pounding. Those are design decisions though. There's people that don't care for those features.

That, and I prefer Linux. But at least with Mac OS you're using something Unix-based. For some reason people chastise Macs as being kid computers, because Apple emphasizes the ease of use and simple design. And to be fair that's all that your average consumer ever sees or cares about. That's such a shallow way of looking at it though, you have a fully fleshed out, polished Unix-based OS that is far more developer-friendly and logical, right out of the box, than Windows.

Just a few years ago, Powershell was a total piece of shit.

>moving goalposts and cherrypicking
The laptop in question is a 2012 MacBook Pro.

>they're not wrong to do so.

>t-that Apple laptop doesn't count!

>1600x900 resolution
And I have a 13'' 1080p Fujitsu that I run with no scaling.
Pussy.
It even came with a 1440p option.

>lol the 2012 MacBook Pro is overpriced
>no it's not
>are you kidding? Look at the price of the 2016 MacBook!
How fucking retarded are you?

osx is unix so it's alright on a macbook pro that has usable specs, but good luck getting anything done on a macbook air besides facebook and YouTube.

user, you are beyond retarded.

>laptop is cheaper when it's 4 years old and Apple isn't trying to sell them rubes for an ear and a leg anymore
wtf I love apple now

The 2012 MacBook Pro was just as overpriced in 2012 as the 2016 models are in 2016.
It's still overpriced if you bought it used.

The fuck are you on about?

You're only correct in saying it's still overpriced if you buy it used.

Any i5 is faster than your shitty Core2.

Tell me what this macbook air can do that an atom netbook with 2 or 4GB ram can't?

>You're only correct in saying it's still overpriced if you buy it used.
Nope. MacBooks were just as overpriced compared to the competition back in 2012.

Run OS X

Yeah okay buddy

Atom or celeron*
Forgot about the celerons.

Nobody cares about your toddler facebookOS.

And here I thought you were being serious for a moment...

Nobody cares about your shit memes that are older than you are.

That sounds appealing, but I don't know if I would like it. Is text easy to read?

Something about having a 1080p resolution on a 13" screen makes me think the text is small. I like my text large. I'm looking at the shit like ten hours a day and I need to protect my eyesight. I have 20/20 vision still, and I think a big part of that, is I don't put strain on my eyes. Genetics are undoubtedly the main part but taking care of your eyes helps. Almost everyone I work with has glasses or contacts.

You don't need much in terms of processing power for most development. It depends what you're doing. But speaking generally, you don't need much.

I am.

You can install osx on laptop that will cost you 1/3 if a memebook

>the dust meme

Then why not something like a HP stream 11 or asus x205t?

Both significantly cheaper with good battery life?

The macbook might have a better touchpad but that's not worth the premium imo. I prefer using a combination of touch screen/keyboard/touchpad on my t100ta, which really has a shit touchpad but still somehow a pleasure to use thanks to the touchscreen and battery life.

Also, micro usb charging so I can use my power bank on my t100ta, massive plus for me in case I forgot to charge it at home.

Not vanilla OS X.

MactoddlerOS has and always will be a meme.

>everything I don't is a meme
top kek, come back when you have an argument.

*don't like

come back when you stop using a fruity facebookOS

Like I said, come back when you've got an argument.

Like I said, come back when you stop using a fruity facebookOS

>the middle schooler's so retarded he can't into English
How surprising.

Ah, I'm sure those have their strong points.

I don't actually use a Mac, I was just pointing out, they're not bad computers. I'm keeping my T420 until the thing completely shits out. It's survived two really bad spills. Everyone thinks they won't need a spill proof keyboard. Then you fuck up that one time. Or two times in my case.

As far as the touchpads go, I've actually gotten used to the Thinkpad nipple thingy. Some people have told me they hate the nipple but after using it so much it's almost as good as a mouse for me. I don't think I've ever used the touchpad.

It takes a while to get used to, but once you're comfortable with it, it's very painless to use. I've never carried a mouse for my laptop.

Spotted the middleschooler.

Top kek, you're still posting that? Ready to get banned again?

>crash override still thinks everyone on Cred Forums making fun of him is the same person

topkek, how's that persecution complex treating you crash override?

>implying you're not the same person

(You)

I felt the same way about the touchscreen on my t100ta. At first I thought it was a gimmick and avoided it, but now using any laptop without a touchscreen feels slower and more clunky to me.

I used to have a ThinkPad, one of those old 4:3 models, back in high school. That thing was a brick and the nipple mouse was so much fun to use compared to a regular touchpad.

Wow user you sure showed me

Whatever you say crash override.

Don't you ever get sick of shitposting?

Who am I kidding? Of course you don't, it's the only thing you're good at.

Don't you ever get sick of street shitting?

Who am I kidding? Of course you don't, it's the only thing you're good at.

>> See MacBook Air for first time in my life
where do you live, in a shithole? I live in a pretty decent place and I see Macs everywhere. On the other side, cities full of niggers usually doesn't have MacBooks on sight.
>> based 1366x768
Yeah, I agree it's pretty shitty in 2016, but I would go as far as saying that's the only flaw of that laptop.
>> i5 slower than my Core2
I really, really doubt it, unless you're talking about a desktop Core 2 duo. The CPU in the MacBook Air is very decent, with a very generous turbo boost and better than average iGPU.
>> 128 GB ssd
I agree it's not much, but it's one of the fastest PCIe storage avaiable, I would take 128GB of PCIe SSD over 512GB of garbage 5400rpm HDD anytime, also it's upgradeable, and you can easily manage your shit with external drives/SD Cards.
>> 1600 USD
Now that's the most unfair quote of yours. With the specs you mentioned, it goes for 900 USD on the Apple Store.
>> mfw
fuck off nigger, back to

1/3 of this topic was deleted by crashoverride.

this desu senpai