/wt/ watch thread

This thread is about the appreciation of watches, as well as the micro-engineering and materials engineering that are required to make a fine watch.

Required viewing for newbies:
youtu.be/508-rmdY4jQ

Strap guide:
pastebin.com/SwRysprE

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.de/gbsyc14
ebay.com/itm/New-Old-Stock-Junghans-Quartz-Wristwatch/122146869814
ebay.com/itm/122102574740
support.apple.com/en-us/HT205000
youtu.be/uB_MvyBtwsg)?
youtu.be/_cHFSCqghEI?t=3m41s)
youtube.com/watch?v=f1fimWOj27U
youtube.com/watch?v=n0ahSmqoBxU
sinn.de/en/Modell/6000.htm
sinn.de/en/Modell/358_DIAPAL.htm
forums.watchuseek.com/f29/omega-speedmaster-professional-3590-50-1986-moonwatch-serviced-september-2016-fantastic-3594330.html
ebay.com/itm/Old-Stock-China-Shanghai-Vintage-Man-Wristwatch-Rare-7120-Clean-Long-Pointers-/171949021031
tineye.com/search/93f3469c3a02aaafa01b668c60ec9cbc652f65b2/
watchgecko.com/canvas-denim-vintage-leather-watch-strap.php
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Reminder ninefag is a fag

Every movement is terrible one way or another, whether they're mechanical or electric. Prove me wrong.

OK, time to once and for all to see if the divers are posers. Or just diving into Jungian fantasies. Pic, umm, related.

Strawpoll
strawpoll.de/gbsyc14

On what basis could you define a a 41 year old mechanical movement that ca easily be regulated to run ~+0s/d, including remaining between -1s and +1s total for 14 days straight (netting to +0s), as terrible?

Daini Seikosha did not fuck around with the 5256 in the 52KS Special.

Also, new Milanese mesh now scotchbrited to knock down the finish a bit.

Where is the watch in this picture? WTF?

>On what basis could you define a a 41 year old mechanical movement that ca easily be regulated to run ~+0s/d, including remaining between -1s and +1s total for 14 days straight (netting to +0s), as terrible?

i would define it as quartz

>reminder to take off your watch before shooting hurtcore cp photos as men have been identified by their watches before even after editing out their face when fingering crying kids
why hasn't archie been caught yet

It has to have some pain in the ass flaw, you just don't know about it. My guess is the impossibility to find spare parts without having to butcher a donor.

ebay.com/itm/New-Old-Stock-Junghans-Quartz-Wristwatch/122146869814
I found this beauty while surfing Ebay, so far the only affordable quartz I'd wear unironically as a daily. I'm not buying it, I gotta stop hoarding watches already, so I though /wt/ might want it.

>worthless crap

no thanks

we're good

I hope you realize how much more of a challenging feat of engineering this was with springs and gears.

It does have one minor annoyance: while it has almost no positional variation, it does gain amplitude on the wrist vs off, so you have to regulate it to account for the fact it will run slower while worn.

I'd consider that more of a quirk however.

>It does have one minor annoyance: while it has almost no positional variation, it does gain amplitude on the wrist vs off, so you have to regulate it to account for the fact it will run slower while worn.

do you have a girlfriend?

have you ever had one?

Still no answer on whether you still own another parts 5206 and if you need a dial to complete another piece.

What watch is Jack Bauer wearing? So it will go with my HK P30.

>>reminder to take off your watch before shooting hurtcore cp photos as men have been identified by their watches before even after editing out their face when fingering crying kids
>why hasn't archie been caught yet

Forgot pic..

>>reminder to take off your watch before shooting hurtcore cp photos as men have been identified by their watches before even after editing out their face when fingering crying kids

he only posts photos while fingering their SHIITERZZZZ!!!! with his rolex serial number blocked out

I have a 5206 for parts, but I'm just keeping it for spares. The only way I'd consider another 52xx is if it had a blue sunburst dial.

I'm married, actually. Also, considering which thread you're in, you should hardly be surprised at a certain level of watch autism.

As a poorfag student that knows nothing about watches, what's some half decent watch I could get for as cheap as possible?

Repoastin from last thread.

Why don't people like the Eco-Drive on Citizens?

>Why don't people like the Eco-Drive on Citizens?
because they are ugly

is your wife fat or ugly?

Eco drive is fine, the rest of the pig disgusting disaster on your wrist is the problem

Put a $10 bid on one myself. The funny thing is the NATO will probably end up costing more than the watch.

Ok I thought they had some issue with the functionality.

>pig disgusting disaster
thanks G

that is one ugly watch user

Meh what can I say its fucking $10 dollars.

10 ugly dollars

assuming you werent looking for >you's

that isnt terrible.. I've seen way more offensive shit on here

Rate my Komandirskie

autism the webm

>my boss at work keeps bringing up my speedy and talking about it in front of others

Now I'm known as the resident watchfag at work and people talk about it.

I'm not even trying to be flashy. It's just on the regular steel bracelet.

Co-worker wants to sell me this watch for $200

I know fuckall about watches, is this any good, or will I be paying more for a sub par watch because of name brand? I considered buying it because it looks cool

You need to pressure him into getting one, because he clearly wants one bad. Then he wont talk about your watch anymore, he'll talk about his.

>spending less than 15k on a watch
Please be undergrad

what's wrong with talking watches? watch archie to learn how to do it right

speedmaster or tudor BB
which one are normies more likely to comment about

I can't wait t oget a BB, sometime in the next 1-2 years I'm copping one

A Tudor will get you called the guy that can't afford a Rolex. I'd say save a bit more for a 14060m Sub which you can get for around $3500(shit condition) to $4200(good condition).

>get you called the guy who cant afoord a rolex

by the people who are autistic on Cred Forums

>A Tudor will get you called the guy that can't afford a Rolex.
Now that Tudor is using their own movements how can you justify the huge price increase for Rolex any more? It was one thing when they were still using ETA movements but the difference is even less now.

>Dad gives me a Samsung Gear S2
>mfw it's just as useless as the Samsung Gear S1 I've had
Watches are useless.

yeah whatever shitbag

no one can touch the autistic sterile perfection that is rolex movements
but COSC cert is good enough

is something like a rolex really an investment or is that just a justification people use to spend a lot of money on watches

Such a shit poll.

I got certified on vacation in Australia. My Black Bay Bronze was with me the whole time under water. About 4.5hrs total now. Perfect visibility and dat patina is growing now. Its beautiful.

It can be. I don't think watches are very good as investments, but certainly some people have made money off investing in specific models over time.

Watches are never an investment. The sooner you get over that the better you will feel.

Unless you're a soothsayer you can't really know what watches will become extremely sought after in the decades to come. Just get what you want and be happy with it.

Also this is somewhat true, I am , and I'd say if you went with a Rolex-esque Tudor watch, most people would be confused. I could have purchased a Rolex, but the bronze was too pretty to pass up imo. I'll probably get a Milgauss at the end of the year using my bonus or something.

But picking one of the Tudor's that Rolex would never produce because of their insane conservatism (like my Bronze one) or the North Flag or the PVD blacked out one, I think its more unique. Although the Pelagos is pretty much a direct rip on the Sub, the titanium is all kinds of alluring.

The BB Bronze is an exception, similar to some very unique BB models and the Pelagos because Rolex don't do Titanium. Also Patina is stupid, why would you wear something that is easily corrode?

Bronze develops a patina to better protect the metal underlying the patina. Its why many seafaring instruments were made in bronze prior to advances in metallurgy.

This is an instance where corrosion is a good thing in the long run. Also the uniqueness of wear and tear is something that appeals to a lot of people. Like leather, some things just look better with time. That is my reasoning by the way. Even with all that time in salt water (which speeds the patina), its not like it's going to turn into a giant lump of mess.

Fair enough, there are some idiots out there that soak their $3000 watches in Apple Cider Vinegar though...

No user, smartwatches are useless.

Does the bezel even turn anymore?

Well with bronze the only thing you need to watch out for is chlorides, which will cause bronze disease and eventually destroy the watch. Proper rinsing after taking it in the ocean is very important until that passivation layer forms sufficiently so apple cider vinegar soaking is actually going to protect the watch better.

Honestly I rather just wear stainless steel.

This guy is right, always rinse with freshwater and pat dry after you get out of the ocean. Although the apple cider vinegar sounds excessive, but that's probably because I prefer mine to develop naturally over time. At points where it comes in contact with skin, it'll patina differently than the watch in general, mostly the crown and bezel for example.

Interestingly enough in the long run bronze is actually more resistant to seawater corrosion than stainless. Personally I prefer the look of steel though and until someone starts making bronze bracelets I'm not very interested.

I am probably not going to be spending enough time in the ocean to worry about the difference. I do chlorinate my pool, even though I don't swim with my watch I swim every morning and wear my watch everyday. I don't want any residual chlorine to get stuck under the nato band.

How can a device do so much yet still be so useless?

I don't even feel comfortable calling people with it because I look like a douche, talking into my wrist, and having my entire conversation blaring out loud for people to hear. Texting's not worth it.

The only thing I use it for is telling time, and occasionally playing music.

Where can I buy a good quality replica? Also is there a brand that is more subtle and doesn't stand out too much?

What is this perlon strap meme?

Watch companies that make fakes aren't particularly concerned about real quality, they're concerned about mimicking the appearance of a watch that is quality.

WTF GUYS

WTF IS THIS SHIT ABOUT

just bought this second-hand

better take it off when you rape kids you sick fuck

only YOU can stop dogshit watches

None of them.

The pelagos is way too much of a poor mans sub to me.
The black bay is unique at least.

Looking good
What's your wrist size?

small

A more expensive but more useless nylon strap?

Green dial with raised markers.

I'm still waiting on a price quote from a watchmaker.

Congratulations on missing the ENTIRE point. Well done, user, well done.

>Such a shit poll.
Not optimal, I'll give you that but it was rather fun. And enlightening. Other boards here on Cred Forums use more strawpolls.

I'll re-do it next round with a more thought out set of questions. Silly I know but I missed the option "I do not have a diver".

Are they aiming for that Antikythera feel??

Congrats, user. It is not about being flashy, they are commending you on your good taste and as says your boss needs one too.

por que?

None, speedmaster is understated, but you can tell people how much it cost lol. Tudor is a fad watch and will be phased out soon.

I've worn a speedmaster for like a year and not one person has commented on it.

They probably think it's something dogshit Fossil like pic related.

Mirin?

Good taste. How much did you pay?

More like minging.

Thinking about copping a second hand Zeno explorer or any other good Rolex Explorer homage but I already own a SARB033.
Would it be redundant? They have similar case styles, bracelets, size and dial colour.
Pic is from some guy on Instagram.

>titanium
>500m
>HEV

>poor mans sub

like they're not even similar

Like any of that matters
People who buy the Pelagos are ones that wanted a sub but didn't want to spend the 8k

How is it a poor man's Submariner? They don't even look much alike...

Are you fucking blind?

seems like he's someone that put themselves into debt buying a rolex then go around calling everyone poor who has anything 'less'

>different material, dial, hands, bezel, case, bracelet
you've pretty well established that you are

I have ~£1000 to drop. w2c?

Nothing, you can get some nice watrches in the 2-4k range, but nothing exceptional for £1k

Hamilton khaki

Does anyone have a good recommendation for a perlon strap?

Either Eulit (regular or Palma models) or the Italian made ones. Daluca are also an option but are generally less common.

Pelagos or Black Bay lads?

What does /wt/ think about this brand specifically their bronze divers.

Do you have any links to the middle two watches? They're really nice.

this is also my problem

the pelagos would be more practical, but the BB just looks so good

>dat chocolate fucking dial
>dat subtle bronze textured font
>dat bronze hands
>dat strap that matches the watch completely
The BBB is classy as a motherfuck. The only thing I hate about it is if it patina it will look like crap.

>Link

Not as simple as that i'm afraid.

Would you trust a brand that gets the hour and minute hands backwards? Because I sure as all wouldn't.

(Enjoy being unable to unsee now that I told you).

Do I have to do the old search on ebay for months to find one that may or may not work?

>The only thing I hate about it is if it patina it will look like crap.
but that's kind of the point of making it bronze
people want that

They didn't get it backwards, what hands do you think "should" be bigger underwater when you're diving? Especially since the watch has a hrv for saturation dives.

This is an IWC right?
This is from the night manager

Pic you posted is the patina, this is what the watch looks like brand new. If you need an example of how it will look just turn it around and look at its back case. Rolex said it will look like the back case when the watch is patina'd in.

I wouldn't say months, but being 45 and 50 year old JDM pieces in good cosmetic shape and running order you'll have quite a bit of searching to do. LM specials (5206/5216) usually pop up on the bay and the 6206 Weekdater (Seikomatic) are

I think i saw a guy on WUS that's selling a 6218 Weekdater. (275$ is too a bit too much for one, but go figure)

Though, I've helped our resident bogan find a JDM piece and i wouldn't mind more joining in on the fun. So here's a similar watch with a good version of the 56XX cal: ebay.com/itm/122102574740

it gets like this
which looks great idk what he's on

If you don't enjoy learning enough about a vintage watch to successfully hunt down an undervalued example on eBay or Y! Japan auctions, then vintage watches probably aren't for you.

Also, I may have changed my mind on whether the heavy Milanese mesh looks better on this watch than the fine one...

Nice call on linking a 5601, I was expecting to have to start complaining that you were tying to foist a day or day/date 56xx on the poor bastard.

(For those who don't know, all Seiko 56xx movements with day or day/date used a plastic gear in the day/date mechanism that is highly prone to shrinking and cracking due to age, meaning the quickset will eventually stop working on all of them. For this reason, 56xx movements with day or date should be avoided.)

Looks live an IWC Mark 17 chrono

The mark 18 is preferable

>Our special snowflake microdiver ignores a design convention used on literally every other watch ever made.
>I-its a fe-feature though!

No. Fuck off with that thoughtlessly designed China made Miyota powered diver #9876.

I'm not in the business of cucking people who are interested in JDM pieces. As long as it doesn't involve them trying to get any high-beats.

Which still raises the question, Green sunburst-ish. Interested before i stick on the bay?

Fuck it, I will just wait for Steinshit to make a homage to the Black Bay Bronze...

Why is Steinhart shit?

I never said it was shit, why do you think I said I will get one?

>Steinshit

Memes are confusing mang.

but they already do
sort of
i think they had this before the BBB

Certainly to newfags like yourself. You will get the hang of it soon enough younganon.

Here's my problem with it:

-dial not brown
-green lume fucks up the brown aesthetics for me
-bezel is fine and they even have a brown option but it all clashes with the grey/green dial

/k/ here, you guys certainly love your useless fucking mechanical watches that breaks if you look at them funny. God forbid if you drop the thing during a tactical situation.

-Altimeter/Depth Sensor to 50m
-GPS
-Heartrate monitor
-WEB browser
-Text app
-music player
-fucking Pokemon Go
-water Resistant to 50m
-you can swim with it unlike half of the mechanical crap you posted here
-can take a beating unlike half the crap here
-$250 avg.
-rechargable
-keeps 100% accurate time

Seriously what is your excuse to still own something from the last two centuries?

They make nice watches but I think their bronze models are much too expensive relatively speaking.

Wait so the fuckheug hand is the hours?

It looks damn nice on the wrist too
It's a shame IWC is dogshit

What kind of retard puts his watch on his phone on a coffee table?

Can anyone post the fp journe chronometre bleu pic of lawyer user? The one with 3 pictures in one? Also what is approx the price of it?

>board obsessed with casios and steinshits
>complains IWC is dogshit

Laurie did not age well

I think anything Richemont is shit.
ALS is the only exception.
Richemeont is so fucking dirty they make swatch look like a non-profit

First vintage purchase. How did I do?

Probably bad.

Next thing you'll tell us that slinging lead at high speeds is outdated and stupid.

You could have done worse, but on the other hand you could have bought one with the plating being in better shape. The groves on the case are unusual, but don't really make it look better.

Yea I was into getting a vintage because the current 090 case vostok has is just too big for my taste.

For $34 this will be nice till I find one in a better condition.

If anything the Black Bay looks more like a no date Sub.

The 090 isn't that much bigger that the 710.

Then again, the black scuba and the 710 case are gone and the blue scuba is inside a 420 case until i manage to get a 120 case.

Also, i was just reminded of a really nice barrel cased Poljot i was eyeing on for quite a while. Guess it's time to pull the trigger.

>Richemont is shit
how come?

Are you sure you've got the right watch mr tacticool "I take my coffee black" guy?

I'm not here to spoonfeed horology to idiots

>it's not my job to educate you shitlord

>Being enough of a newfag to not get the "spoonfeed" refence.

Shaking my head to be honest family.

IWC, JLC, ALS and VC are all Rochemont and they all have nice in-house movements (though not in all models).

Prices are high, but that's the case for the Swatch too.

Now please explain what's so shit about them

The influx of newfags isn't necessarily a bad thing, but nor is it a good thing. Since the bi-monthly shill/sperglord on a rampage usually scares off a few each time.

Anyhow, anybody got a screencap of Furfag's quote? All i have on my phone is the Casioshill.

To be fair, I didn't mean of.
Glad I'm remembered though. Makes me feel all fuzzy

And i'm glad your shilling spergout ended.

Then again, somebody still has a screencap of my stupidity while using a trip.

I still shill casio all the time though.

I have $3.5k CAD, is the Black Bay the best dive watch at that price point?

Get a speedy

Within somewhat reasonable limits. Advising people to buy digital for utilities/features isn't a bad thing. Plus, you can't really keep a digital watches thread.

A spergout is when you post more than 1/3rd posts in the thread and they are all shilling and dissing other watches/companies/mechanical vs quartz/photons and etc.

Japs make best value watches lets be real senpai.

Cheapest I can find a new one is $4.6k from Europe. With taxes on top of the price difference, it's going to be $900.

Aside from that, I'm not too fond of the Speedy Pro's looks.

what
you can get a gray market speedy for like 3.5k

What is the quartz equivalent of an Amphibia? As in:
>stainless steel case
>domed crystal
>60's-70's tool/sport watch look
>affordable

Shallows were designed by nature, for retards. Enjoy, my special one! Float to freedom!

just get the explorer

LIT watch. Those polished markers are real neat. Underrated diver imo nothing is even close at 1000$ and below.

But why?

Why not?

You still haven't answered my question.

Because I have any analog quartz in my collection because I don't like any of them.

I'm not quite sure what you meant here.

I somehow knew this would be your next reply, you autistic robot man. The word that was left out is obviously "don't" between "I" and "have".

>LOL CURRENT YEAR XDD
I'll pay you 100 dollaridoos to fuck off cunt

Drunk autistic robot man complies.

Vintage Soviet quartz watches, Luch/Poljot 2356 or the very unique Luch 3055/3056 high beat quartz, Raketa Amphibian quartz.

Other options could be Accutrons, both old and new.

Obviously new, idiot, else I wouldn't be asking.

The Accutron II line has a few neat models, like the 96B210.

Alright. Too bad it's just barely domed.

$3.5K USD is $4.6k CAD. Is it actually a Speedy Pro?

Kinda ironic when Cred Forums hates the most technically advance watch in the world just because its made by Apple. Yet you idiots cling to watches that die every few days and require $125 every 3-4 years just so it can keep half-good the time as a digital or smartwatch.

>implying that people who post here actually hang around the rest of Cred Forums
I think most people here are just /fa/ outcasts that are too autistic for the watch threads there.

You do have a point, I can't stand Daniel Washington or President Nixon enough to fucking want to hang out in there.

We have some here, but most are resident Cred Forums fags.

Hi.

Never been to /fa/.

Honest Opinion here, you need a Sub 14060M or BB ETA 2824 used.

Nice space watch collection, is it yours? Still needs a Sinn (D-1 and D-2 Shuttle missions), that polish LED watch (Interkosmos), and Bertalan Farkas' Heuer Montreal (Interkosmos, probably first V7750 in space).

>I think most people here are just /fa/ outcasts that are too autistic for the watch threads there.
Not my impression. And I look at /fa/ only when I want a laugh.

Let us take this example:
>Watches are the only universally acceptable jewelry you can wear as a man.
Indubitably those savages dropped out of a tree yesterday.
Pic related.

I accidentally clicked on the bottom link, fuck you.

>most technically advance watch in the world

>bid on iWatch One
>reserve not met
>reserve not met
>ask seller what is reserve
>$250
>basically the price of the iWatch 2 which is 50m WR
Why do Macfaggots think they can get away with this shit? Even Apple said they will no longer support the iWatch 1.

The quality of posts is extremely important to this community. Contributors are encouraged to provide high-quality images and informative comments.

>seiko sumo sbdc033 since it has the prospex logo

Well, the idea was to prove they are savages. I think we can agree.

To counter with some good taste, please enjoy a superbly aesthetic horological masterpiece, pic related.

I thought I saw someone talking something about Black Lives Matter in that thread, I closed the browser before reading the post. Those guys are so detached from the rest of Cred Forums its scary, Hiro-sama needs to cut that tumor out before it spreads.

Might make it spread out over the other boards if you kill it.

>For $34 this will be nice till I find one in a better condition.
081 case brand new komandirskies are cheaper

As a board that is literally worst than reddit I doubt it, they come to other boards they are going to get triggered and leave.

Don't have the pic, but I think it's 26k USD right now.

>those quads though

can your watch do this:
?

Yes

support.apple.com/en-us/HT205000
>Showering with Apple Watch Series 2 is ok, but we recommend not exposing Apple Watch to soaps, shampoos, conditioners, lotions, and perfumes as they can negatively affect water seals and acoustic membranes. Apple Watch should be cleaned with fresh water and dried with a lint free-cloth if it comes in contact with anything other than fresh water.
>Water resistance isn't a permanent condition and may diminish over time. Apple Watch can't be rechecked or resealed for water resistance. The following may affect the water resistance of your Apple Watch and should be avoided:

Oh come on...

There is a sports version

>Even Apple said they will no longer support the iWatch 1
So what about the idiots that bought the 16k dollar one?
This is gold

Please help me find a nice looking nylon or leather strap for my Seiko 5. The lugs themselves are 5mm wide, with 10mm of space in between them, so I can't just swap in a standard NATO strap, unfortunately. The metal bracelet that it came with feels cheap and rattles loudly :(

If I can't find something, I might just open it up to mess around with and/or use for parts -- so I was also wondering if it would be possible to salvage the stem in this thing to use in my SKX007 diver which has a crown that will no longer click into the date and time positions when pulled out.

You could get a custom one made. or cut down a regular strap. Or make your own strap from scratch.

tricky situation, that's why I don't like those kinda lugs

They're the normal kind, they're just very close together.

>Apple Watch can't be rechecked or resealed for water resistance.

LOL
There goes the iWatch water resistance. However, it kinda make sense: the longevity of the WR is the same of the iShit itself; couple of years if you're ANALLY careful.

And to think I can have any of my vintage watches reasealed to almost their origial WR, +30 years later.

There you go m8.

>anything Richemont is shit
You clearly don't know what you're talking about kid. You should read a LOT more before writing a shitpost like that. Cheers.

If that's the real condition of the case, not that bad, actually. Vintage collecting, specially cheap watches like that, is a hit and miss scenario. Don't expect marvels from the watch. However, make sure to enjoy it and post pics here.

Faggot you serious??

The most technically advanced watch is not the iShit; if anything, it's more like midget phone, not as usefull, that you strap yo your wrist, IF you like dicks. (Ok, that last part is a joke)
But seriously, last gen quartz are way more advanced and reliable and can lasts years, not days, without any trouble.

Hi!!
Your collection?? Would you care to list them, as I don't recognize all the watches?? Thnx m8.

Goddammit!! I have been looking to buy a George Daniels for so long!!
Thanks for the salt on the wound...

>So what about the idiots that bought the 16k dollar one?
They're fucked

>They're cucked
fixed for accuracy

What's so special about the Eulit ones? I see them being recommended all the time.

Nylon or leather would be difficult, but maybe something like pic related can work for you. Search for generic rubber straps with a 10mm lug/nut.

Thanks

This is my watch I've had it for 10 years.
I've only had to set the date for leap years, the time hasn't lost a second in 10 years.
On it's first battery.
Cost about $25 from Walmart.

Is this not the perfection of time telling technology?

This looks so gaudy.

Pretty cool user.

It took humans a mighty long time to get to the point where it could make a watch like yours. Reliable and affordable.

yeah the kind that connect to the inner bracelet links

That's pretty neat user, congrats.

However it's really not my taste and since perfection is a matter of subjectivity, for me is far from being the perfect time telling machine. Starting with the fact that it has a digital display.
>ewww

However, I won't deny the affordability of it; it's great.

Cheers

The Black Bay wears larger than the Pelagos right?

I think people who buy high end mechanical watches are like audiophiles who buy this kind of stuff.

I recently bought the Black Bay Bronze and although it is 43mm it does wears bigger than that, mainly because of the crown and the long, sharp lugs; it feels like a 44mm pam.

It's probable the same occurs with the 42mm BB.

If you enjoy it then wear it in good health sir

going to buy a ref 1680 submariner red, holy SHIT i can't wait

pic related

The BHSE is actually a well designed amp. If you wanted an example of shit that's expensive just for the sake of it you should have posted the woo wes.

Anybody follow the YouTube channel called TheUrbanGentry (youtu.be/uB_MvyBtwsg)? The dude in the videos is sooo weird. Are ya'll as weird as him? P.S., I am not him. Thanks!

>P.S., I am not him. Thanks!
seems legit

This thread makes me wonder if anyone has ever made a butt plug with a clock built into the end of it.

>Freud
>Plato
>Ray Bans
>Masons
E D G Y
D
G
Y

I think you should be more worried about that lung cancer instead of shilling /wt/.

>P.S., I am not him.
riiiiight...

He is a faggot with half-assed opinions that has to borrow watches to review them. And he looks like a beaten bitch.

I much prefer Fatsorico Talks Watches or Archie.

How long does it take you in the morning to look this pretentious.

He basically stole everything he says about the watches he review from Archie.

I think urban gentry and fatsorisco are husband and husband (source: youtu.be/_cHFSCqghEI?t=3m41s)

You could be the first, user!!
Go make one now.
>And the sell it to NineBalls
>kek

>P.S., I am not him. Thanks!
Reeeally.jpg
I don't follow the guy, but from what I've seen I think he needs to read more about unconventional high-end brands and horology history as well.
Also, he looks like a cheap extra in a zombie movie.

>husband and husband
It seems about right.
>Kek

Both of them went to Thailand with Archie, and Arche said they were more into the ladyboys than the women.

Nick Shabazz is better youtube.com/watch?v=f1fimWOj27U

>Both of them went to Thailand with Archie, and Arche said they were more into the ladyboys than the women.

First of all I can believe this completely, but second, and more important, why were these three graduately fatter, fags traveling together??

Wouldn't be surprised if that was the case for The Urban Gentry. However, I feel that Frederico would've been into the little kids D:

They were "good friends" at one time.

I don't believe it either and Archie is a fucking drunk, but he said this shit on Simon Beech channel. Since then I stopped watching his shit, especially since he started having his favorite escort doing videos.

I'm always looking for new toys to experiment on your mother.

What I want to know is wtf they do to be able to afford all these watches. they are probably worth more than my house.

Fedrico works as a sale, TGV is poor though he lives in Section 8 housing so he probably gets SSI. Archie lives in his parent's basement.

Joke's on you m8.
>She'll fart that thing right into your pussy-mouth and knock off those little faggy teeth.
Btw, how've you been NineBalls. Any recent acquisitions?

They buy and sell watches like Tyrone selling bikes. Unlike me, they don't collect watches, and they use the same -always deprecating- amounts of money to buy different stuff, at the expense of getting rid of what they already owned. That's why they care so much about "holding value".

>good friends
Archie is fun, but he is too crazy to be a good friend. Also, those antennas aren't making friends any easier.

does a 1970s browning hi-power count?

Why don't you ever turn on your trip in /k/?

I've only left my trip on accidentally on other boards. I only trip on Cred Forums.

Well, in all honestly, I really don't care much for guns. I have a simple, honest Beretta 380 and that's all I need.

I'm much interested in watches, cars, cameras, pens, etc.

I bought a C5 Vette a few months ago

Nice. In what condition is it? Pics m8?

Mechanically excellent condition. Under 60k miles. There's a crack in front left that you probably wouldn't notice if you weren't looking for it. Paint is overall fine. I care about it more as a driving machine than as a show car, even if I wash it it will be very quickly dirty and full of dead bugs on the front because I drive it everywhere and everyday.

It's got a surprising amount of room. I've hauled a drill press from home depot and lots of tools and basically everything in it.

no pics atm

>no pics atm
full of shit furfag

deal with it

Not him but

Sturmanskie 15j "Gagarin" (later 17j model likely worn in space by Gagarin)
Early Strela
Speedmaster
Later Strela
Volmax Poljot Okean reissue
Poljot civilian chrono
Bulova moon watch
Seiko "Pogue"
Vostok Amphibian Type 350 (also worn in space once)
Poljot "Stadium"(?) civilian

Hey guys,

Im not that into watches and my fiance's father has talked about getting me a watch as a gift.

Now it's something that I would really appreciate but I know that some can stretch in terms of pricing so I want so examples and maybe see if I can get one in mind for alot cheaper than what I am currently anticipating.

Ideally I would like it to look like pic related but the main things I would like in a watch is a strap like the one in pic related and a plain face, only showing the hands and maybe the hours.

> the main things I would like in a watch is a strap like the one in pic related
straps are interchangeable. You don't buy a watch, especially an expensive one, for the strap it comes from.

It sounds fun NineBalls.

There is a possibility I might need to move, -I'd really prefer not to, but whatever-, and IF I move, I'll probably buy a nice big house, out of downtown, and I know this is a cliche but I have thought about selling the Mercedes and to buy a nice big fucking building on wheels like a Mark II and hire a chauffeur, and also buy an excellent-preserved 60-70's muscle car to drive myself.

that is like that fancy strap in the Apple Watch commercial. ask them to get you an Apple Watch.

Don't be like that, don't talk naive people into buying shit.

If I were you I would ask for something like Omega or Tudor. It's cheaper that a Rolex -so you don't look too greedy- but you get a well made quality watch for not too much money and of a well know brand. In all honesty I would stay away from Breitling

This is why I'm hesitant in telling him which one I like.

The guy has a large collection of luxury watches and I already declined taking one of his $5000+ swiss watches at a dinner a few months back

I honestly would benefit more from an Apple watch since it's something I can interact with but I dont want him to feel insulted for choosing some gadget over one of his swiss watches

Learn about watches. You might find something you appreciate and that he would be excited to buy for you.

Maybe SBGA011
Or Speedmaster Professional
Or a nice Datejust
Or an El Primero
Or one of the new Hermes with their in house thin movement. Like the one that's up for GPHG pre-select.

There's a lot of watches out there

oh oh

A Habring2!

Look at a seiko sdgm003.

You can change the strap for a Milanese strap. This will cost you less than $800 usd all up

Forgot pic

Depending on the guy's attitude, he might want to get something more... expensive, for his future son.

>but I know that some can stretch in terms of pricing so I want so examples and maybe see if I can get one in mind for alot cheaper than what I am currently anticipating

I missed that part.

But if he's trying to give him a 5k watch over dinner.. just saying. You're trying to make this an event for him too, right?

Put an alarm movement in it so it vibrates at random times.

that is fucking disgusting

>stienhart shills will defend this

Recommend me a bronze watch that looks better than that?

Haven't had a watch for years. Found a Casio F-108WH Illuminator in the ground. Keeps time and beeps twice on the hour. Plus it has a light if you need to look at it in the dark. 10/10 watch.

where can I get this case? or a name please

Looks like a Pelican or a Pelican knockoff.

that's not even bronze, it looks like tacky fucking fake gold

Wrist check /wt/. I'm currently wearing my Citizen Eco-Drive field watch whilst house sitting for my brother to look after his cat.

/wg/ hates Citizen for no good reason

What part of it you dont understad??

Looking to buy a watch Automatic
>100+ metres water resistance
>Poire hands
>Roman numerals
>No date
>Extremely clean and legible
>Not dogshit

Know anything like that?

Like if this clock face was on your wrist.

Save for >no date this fits all of those.

>Goddammit!! I have been looking to buy a George Daniels for so long!!
>Thanks for the salt on the wound...
Wow!

Splendid taste, user but just how many banks do you have to rob to get one?

With 3D printing and photolith technology I think this stuff should be easily accessible in a few years time. Someone even made a (large) 3D printed tourbillion and posted it on YouTube. The quartz shock will be peanuts compared to what will happen.

Watch manufacturers are too eager to grunt out hideous designs while the aesthetics of Daniels is not understood. Interesting then that Oechslin entered horology as a physicist, not a watch maker.

What I would prefer is not that complicated. It is just that nobody offers it.

I believe manufacturing a movement is easy, it's designing one that's hard.

For what I want I'd be happy with quartz. For what I want relates to what is shown on the face and lume/tritium.

Submariner or Sea-Dweller?

Sub, the SD is too fuck huge.

THERE ARE PEOPLE ON THIS SUB WHO ACTUALLY PURCHASE DIVING WATCHES AND HAVE NEVER EVEN DIVED OR PLAN TO DIVE

"BUT I NEED IT IN THE SHOWER DURRRRRR"

>HURR DURR I DON'T UNDERSTAND THE DIFERENCE BETWEEN GENRE AND FUNCTION

Would you believe that most Flieger buyers aren't WW2 pilots, either?!

Maybe some people like how they look you fucking idiot

Get the sub like every other basic bitch. Sd is same size. Only the dssd is fuck huge. Orrr wait till basel 2017 and see if they bring back red lettering for the anniversary.

Coming up for auction on Monday
> starting price 4000 euros

>Vaporwave: The Watch

SD is being phased out and might be a collectors soon, that being said all of the SUBs are collectors.

>just how many banks do you have to rob to get one?

Lawyer is a richfag irl, and he does have a collection worth over half a million.
If some user here actually has a real chance to get one I think its him, the fucking bastard.

>only having patina on the outside

>2016
>Not having the ultimate watch winder

youtube.com/watch?v=n0ahSmqoBxU

I will probably buy one after watching this video. Seems like a comfy size, but you may prefer a larger one if you have a huge collection.

I just ordered pic related, as much as I love the look of the bracelet it scratches quite easily and I wanted this to be on leather or maybe NATO. Anyone want to give me some ideas? Looking for fellow SARB owners to chime in.

Please tell me you didn't get trolled by the Urban faggot into buying this piece of shit when a Steinhart OVM is exactly the same price. Call me a Steinhart shill all you want, I get tons of compliments on the watch.

Don't own a SARB, but would recommend a leather strap in navy, chocolate, or honey

Too dressy for a NATO

just a different style

Just bought a new pic related, hiw did i do?

Did it come with the watch? What do you use the extra hand for?

>Find myself checking Panerai prices more and more often.

Why are they so cool?

You spent a lot of money

Excellent model, will serve you well.

How well you did depends on how much you paid.

weird feels of love and envy pass through me every time he posts kek

Should have bought used...

Chocolate with deployment buckle don't look too bad on the cream Sarb. Chococream Makes you hungry though...

>year of our lord 2016
>unironically not wearing your watch on your left wrist

20% discount on store price. 3.4k€

>deployment
It's deployant

I'm reporting this picture to Cred Forums

Maybe your becoming more and more gay

Maybe.

OK deal if you bought from a local AD

Best choice of watch in the price range

Speaking of which, do you know about the Cazzomir Panerai?

Bought from local official Omega retailer. Could get a better deal from unofficial non local one. But would have had to wait an unknown amount of time to get it.

Because, like half the posters on /wt/ these days, you are a typical desperately aspirational middle class wagecuck who longs for what the mountain Jews tell you to long for.

Panerai is the single greatest triumph of what marketing and unremitting contempt for the customer can achieve.

one day i'll have a damasko

Is this watch worth the price, at all?

sinn.de/en/Modell/6000.htm

$3,869

Okay buddy.

What about this one?

sinn.de/en/Modell/358_DIAPAL.htm

$3,566

This is another chrono for a bit cheaper.

forums.watchuseek.com/f29/omega-speedmaster-professional-3590-50-1986-moonwatch-serviced-september-2016-fantastic-3594330.html

The Sinn is Automatic which alone makes it worth more in the long run. Non-Autos don't retain their value.

wut

Get this watch shit off Cred Forums

Do it yourself, with a filter

Lol, that and it's 700 USD

ebay.com/itm/Old-Stock-China-Shanghai-Vintage-Man-Wristwatch-Rare-7120-Clean-Long-Pointers-/171949021031

Anyone ordered one of these? Supposedly NOS.

>i bought the watch from local market or some of my friends. all watches need to do service (some of them runs but not keeping time some of them runs and stops.)

can anyone plz identify this model? i've been wanting to get a g-shock wave ceptor for a while and this is the best looking one i've seen so far

lmtetfy
tineye.com/search/93f3469c3a02aaafa01b668c60ec9cbc652f65b2/

bout to nab one of these little shits on egay
any suggestions for straps?
i was thinking this

watchgecko.com/canvas-denim-vintage-leather-watch-strap.php

>Squale
nah, we're not