Help me fix my tv

Help me fix my tv
tl;dr: I've opened up the tv, which currently looks like pics incoming. I think problem is related to lcd panel flat cable connectors but messing with them doesn't change anything. Any ideas?

I once saw a video for my specific model about the problem I'm having and it said to put pieces of paper under the flat cable connectors (see at the top of pic) which will make them connect better in case when the tv needs to warm up for 10 minutes before displaying correctly. This morning the problem got worse, only displaying some lines and didn't resolve itself after warming up. I did the piece of paper thing and the problem got worse. When I removed the pieces of paper I got the screen working as it is in the pictures. Lots of ghosting, and if there is something on screen that color will streak all the way across the screen. Likely It has something to do with the flat cables, but when I press down on them on any part there is no change at all to the on screen artfiacts and ghosting. I'm full NEET so my only replacement screen is a 17" 1280x720 monitor.

bump

Have you tried a different video source?

looks like spaghetti on the southbridge.
Classic problem, seen it many times in my day

Spaghetti on the south bridge? But I haven't dropped mine.

Yes. I've also tried turning it off and on again.

Take a GOOD picture of the circuit boards.

I can't right now. What are you looking for?

Blown caps. Bulging or leaking. Also marks on the circuit board. I once had a tube tv, out of the corner of my eye do something weird. I looked over and nothing was different, the picture looked normal and it functioned fine. The room smelled like burning plastic or something so I unplugged it. The next day I took it apart and found the circuit board attached to to back of the tube was actually charred black.

I have another monitor that has failing caps, for a while the monitor just didn't want to turn on and it would reset every so often. As they failed more, the monitor wont even stay on now.

There's no charring, those black little cylinders with a cross on top are also still good. They're still flat. Didn't notice anything weird.

The video I saw about my problem mentioned popping noises when the tv still needed to warm up, and bad video when it still needed to warm up.

I feel it is at least related to the flat cables on top or the little boards that they are connected to, since that's what triggered the change. I'm just not sure how to manipulate them apart from pushing on them.

The black cylinders are most likely capacitors from your description, though they can be any color and not always have an X. I see them with a flat top and a k all the time.

The board the cables are on does appear to be bent. Solder is actually a pussy metal and will crumble and break if its stressed. When boards bend, a lot of times it the solder contacts will rip the pads off of the board breaking the connection. See if you can see a solder spot that popped up a bit near the op pic and the areas you're talking about.

Actually that board wasn't bent when I did the pieces of paper. Only after I removed them did the lcd panel hang from those flat cables for a small moment, and I think that's what caused it to be bent. I can push them back down but it doesn't change anything on screen.

I've checked the solder points and found nothing. They all look absolutely perfect.

Is it flexboard or an actul pcb?
idk, I dont do this kind of repair on account of being lazy.. Im just trying the basics until someone more knowledgeable in screen repair drops by.

It looks like flexboard. I'm not sure how to tell the difference, but it's very flexible and bends straight with little pressure on the bulging part.

Does it flex without giving you the "Im about to wreck shit in a bad way" feedback?
idfk why they needed a 2mb photo of this shit, but Im not resizing it.

It doesn't give any feedback. No cracking, resistance, or anything that seems wrong to me.

The flat cables are connected through golden flat connectors that span the entire width of the board. They look like they have been "magically attached".

I hate that kind. Ive never had to reattach them before. Try putting some pressure on a them and see if the picture improves.

I cant tell from your op picture but that looks like a normal solid pcb. Those are not supose to be bent like that. How did that happen

>How did that happen
The lcd panel is held in place between plastic edges along the sides, top and bottom of the frame. I had to pull up the lcdpanel to get some pieces of paper out that I had put under the flat cables in an attempt to fix the problem. Shit got worse however. After I removed them I got my image back but with heavy ghosting, and some colors displacing onto parts of the screen where they should not be. Then I noticed that board was a little bit bent.

I'm surprised how thin the lcd panel is. It's beautiful piece of tech that's for sure.

There's a fix for ancient gameboys which also use similar shitty cables, google and try that
If I remember correctly it was about heating up the solder point where the cable connects with a soldering iron

Would it be an idea to try that while the tv is on so I can look if it's working?

Also I don't have/like soldering irons. How about a hair blower?

Try pushing donw on the black chips.
There was a trick with the old xbox 360 where you put a few pennies under the board and then screwed it down tight to push the chips into the board because microshaft decided to be dudget in the solder department and the chips were literally flaking off of the board causing rrods left and right.

Im tired and it just clicked that that paper shit sounds like the penny trick. When I say push it down I mean make sure the silver legs in the chips are in contact with the board.

I assume this is a tv, what brand and how old?

samsung tv. 11 years old. I'm surprised it held out that long. It was on all day every day as a pc monitor.

I'll try pushing the chips tomorrow and see if that helps.

>I'm surprised it held out that long. It was on all day every day as a pc monitor.
d-dont talk like that

Im using a sony lcd tv as a monitor since 2010. Its on and doing stuff sometimes for days at a time.

Hey I don't know if that's normal, but I always figured these things died within 3 years. Guess I was wrong.

My shit cost over a grand back in the day, it better fucking last.
Also usually its the caps that kill this shit, especially the ones from the late 90s to mid 2000s. It is literally called "the capacitor plague" because of the fuckups in china making sooooooo many defective capacitors between the 1980s and 2008