What your thoughts on Everykey Cred Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post-quantum_cryptography
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

This is a f•••ing game changer

it's going to be fun to see how this breaks
>mcafee

hi jordan! what's your (real) dad's name

(((Mike)))

>Everykey utilizes AES 128-bit encryption
>2016
>128-bit AES
DOA

isnt like 128 and 256 really fucking similar cause they take fucking ages to crack

..256 is like triple as hard to crack as 128 do the math

ik but isn't 128 stupid hard to crack anyways

>triple
>not x10^128

Ye but this thing is expensive...

Yeah but if you're trying to make a modern long lasting product you might as well go for as strong encryption you can get for future proofing.

>go to everykey website
>see it's associated with John McAfee

Yeah, no, fuck off.

well meme'd friendo xD

I hope they're paying you well over there.

hitler did nothing wrong

Oh dear, have I been speaking to a retarded man this whole time?

I had the same reaction.

ez bait lol

No videogames until you've finished your homework!

When you shill a product, at least tell us what its use is.

>$128 for a piece of plastic

nah

If quantum computers become commonplace, almost all current encryption methods will become obsolete.

>256 triple as hard as 128
>do the math
You are aware that (hypotetical) 130 bit encryption would be 4 times as hard as 128?

do you think that could happen in the next 50 years? legit question.

couldn't this same thing just be done with an app on your smartphone?

It's different, this is ment for more than that, and with this you can keep all your security messures and keep your fingerprint autentication on your smartphone without having to use when you have this with you, for example, sometimes it gets weird that i have to unlock everything even tho i'm home, with this, i just turn it on.

192 and 256-bit AES both have related-key attacks that could make them weaker than 128-bit AES

>want to unlock my laptop
>my dongle battery is dead
>have to wait for it to charge

My guess is that it's a yubikey clone marketed towards normies

The only known effect quantum computers will have on symmetric key cryptography is halving the effective key length (so 256-bit AES under a quantum grover's attack will become only as strong as a 128-bit AES for a classical computer)

Also, quantum computers will be many orders of magnitude slower than classical computers, so even attacking 2^64 on a quantum computer will be virtually impossible compared to a classical computer.

>If quantum computers become commonplace, almost all current encryption methods will become obsolete.
That's completely false.
Quantum may crack current public/private-key, but symmetrical cryptography like AES are still safe.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post-quantum_cryptography

>Provided one uses sufficiently large key sizes, the symmetric key cryptographic systems like AES and SNOW 3G are already resistant to attack by a quantum computer.

I didn't knew about yubikey, it seems to be great, also has integration with dashlane

Beware. The latest Yubi's are now closed source. Only the NEO is still fully open afaik

And what does it mean exactly?

Now you can't be certain of the code. Any old government back-door could be hidden in your supposedly secure hardware token.

Hm i see, what about nitrokey?

Yeah it's breddy good

I keep hearing conflicting reports on if they already exist. Everything from news articles about how IBM sells them for three million a pop to a guy at a TED talk saying his company makes them. Not is designing or researching, makes and uses.

If they already exist the NSA and such probably already have them and all your security is pointless at that level. It'd still be awhile before more everyday threats like Vlad the Credit Card Thief all have one though.

>I keep hearing conflicting reports on if they already exist.
The reason you're getting conflicting messages is because you're looking for a binary answer to a much more complicated question.

First of all, the definition of what a “quantum computer” really is that's up for debate. Many companies like D-Wave etc. who label themselves as “quantum computing” companies manufacture shit that has about as much to do with quantum computers as an orange peeler has to do with a banana tree.

You can safely disregard anything along the lines of quantum annealing etc, or anything else that uses “quantum effects” to “speed up” computing. (Which are all still slower than classical computers doing simulated annealing, for example). The only thing that matters for cracking password is a “real” quantum computer, i.e. one that actually has fully entangled qubits.

Secondly, just because a quantum computer exists doesn't necessary mean it's fast or large enough to attack your passwords. How many qubits you have determines how large of a number you can factorize. If you want to crack 4096-bit RSA, then you need a 4096-qubit computer. (Or something on that order of magnitude)

Current lab-based quantum computers still measure in the single digits when it comes to how many fully entangled qubits they can sustain for long enough to perform an actual computation. The highest numbers that have been factorized by quantum computers are in the low hundreds. Quantum computers have a *long*, *long* way to go until they will be both large and fast enough to factorize something resembling a 4096-bit number.

>proprietary software
>by john mcafee

>buy memekey
>all my shits encrypted
>cant use bank without it
>cant start my car without it
>cant get in house without it
>cant turn on computer without it
>cant open files without it
>it breaks
>what do
yea, nah I'm good. If you cant manage your passwords, you are too incompetent to be in charge of anything anyway. Better buy a mac, faggot.

>future proofing

It was revealed that FBI has the ability to crack AES128 in real time.

>Everykey

>Can freeze through app if lost
>Need it to unlock phone

I think you can still unlock your phone with your code, otherwise this would be completely bullshit
>implying you remember the one code for your phone

*citation needed*

fucking dumb. there's nothing stopping someone from using another persons everykey without permission. and what of the time it takes to realize you've lost your everykey to the time it takes to deactivate it. this thing is beyond retarded

real long time

>the present year
>worshipping Hitler unironically
>in a country that fought Nazis to the death
>still not getting the point

i prefer the anykey

>you can freeze it
nice but by the time you do it might be to late
>reuse you old password
possible giant security issue here

also its a single point of failure

also I cant even find enough info on how it works to belive anyopne who says its safe even knows enough to have an opinion worth considering

>McAfee
>trusting a criminal with anything
>especially security

>passwords automatically generated by everykey
>lose everykey
>freeze everykey
> don't know the password to any accounts, now locked out of everything

Shhhh you'll scare the underage retard

>hypotetical

So, Cred Forums, what's the best key then? NitroKey seems to be bretty gud...