>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Use the buyer's template
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

aliexpress.com/item/Plum84-electrostatic-capacitive-mechanical-keyboard-topre-clone-compact-gaming-keyboard-PBT-keycap-detachable-cable-84-mini/32598836635.html
imgur.com/a/6bbJB
i.imgur.com/ktKQsOB.jpg
i.imgur.com/r4tJWBh.jpg
youtube.com/watch?v=7L2F7YC8e_A
youtube.com/watch?v=m_E9tt2Nd0U
youtube.com/watch?v=Fea9OxQHebU
youtube.com/watch?v=Bz9Y5nZK3eo
youtube.com/watch?v=Eg-FWSDY0-Y
maxgaming.no/gaming-tastatur/ozone/strike-battle-gaming-keyboard-black-mx-brown
pimpmykeyboard.com/dsa-patriot-keycap-set/
pimpmykeyboard.com/dsa-rainbow-keycap-set/
pimpmykeyboard.com/dsa-think-different-keycap-set/
pimpmykeyboard.com/dsa-sublimated-keycap-sets/
aliexpress.com/item/Topre-realforce-hhkb-capacitor-keyboard-keycaps-multicolour-cap-pbt-material/32680577961.html?spm=2114.01010208.3.1.IShldY&ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_10,searchweb201602_2_10057_10056_10065_10068_10055_10067_10054_10069_10059_10058_418_10073_10017_10070_10060_10061_10052_10062_10053_10050_10051,searchweb201603_7&btsid=9ec83bf9-d703-4d58-8637-989fa7bccddc
mechanicalkeyboards.com/search.php?keyword=&brand=&switch=&size=60%&led=&capmat=&capprint=&model=&availability=&show_kb=off&show_kb=on&show_acc=off&show_acc=on
amazon.com/Storm-QuickFire-Rapid-Tenkeyless-Mechanical/dp/B00C2MBG2U/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1474711541&sr=8-6&keywords=quickfire rapid
aliexpress.com/item/High-quality-Rapoo-V500-gaming-mechanical-keyboard-free-shipping/32469615292.html
monoprice.com/product?c_id=114&cp_id=11401&cs_id=1140102&p_id=13787&seq=1&format=2
bestbuy.com/site/corsair-strafe-mechanical-gaming-keyboard-cherry-mx-red/4799900.p?skuId=4799900
reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/50mdnx/review_noppoo_choc_mini_rgb_with_noppoo_blue/
mechanicalkeyboards.com/search.php
ebay.com/itm/Poker-II-Poker-2-Keyboard-With-Box-Cherry-/122124938172?hash=item1c6f36abbc:g:VNkAAOSwgZ1XqmYa
aliexpress.com/item/Drevo-Gramr-84-Key-Gaming-Mechanical-Keyboard-White-Backlit-Wired-Mechanical-Keyboard-Black-Switch/32685552791.html
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
aliexpress.com/item/Noppoo-Choc-Mini-84-POM-Black-Keycaps-Wired-Gaming-Keyboard-Cherry-MX-Red-Black-Blue-Brown/32449188241.html?spm=2114.01010208.3.11.FbKaMk&ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_7,searchweb201602_5_10057_10056_10065_10068_10055_10067_10054_10069_10059_10058_418_10073_10017_10070_10060_10061_10052_10062_10053_10050_10051,searchweb201603_1&btsid=0d96e60b-c79c-417d-a894-1ab2d1fdd57e
elitekeyboards.com/products.php?sub=keyed_up_labs,tenkeyless&pid=es87u_ce_bbb_al
elitekeyboards.com/products.php?sub=keyed_up_labs,tenkeyless&pid=es87u_cc_bbb_al
mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1754
aliexpress.com/item/Noppoo-new-60-size-compact-noppoo-84-mechanical-keyboard-lolita-mx-switches-gaming-keyboard-PBT-keycap/2043196124.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for Topre is not mechanical.

Finally someone who speaks logic

when

Is that the originative modern beige set?

another delay from massdrop. if only i had a topre board to justify complaining about my topre spacebar being delayed.

>i need to have a buzzword decide what i buy

Mechanical is inferior to topre though.

I think that topre is technically mechanical, and generally with a higher overall quality- if only for the fact that the topre market is so new and exclusive. If there were as many topre knockoffs as there are cherry mx knockoffs, it would probably be a different story.

I'm actually waiting on a Tai-Hao Miami set I bought a couple months ago - it's shipping right now from DHL so it'll be here in like a week.

A rubber dome with a spring and tactile bump inside it isn't anything new.
You can get those old keyboards for like 20 bucks and they feel much better then even fully mechanical keyboards

Literally just bought that keyset on eBay, shipped in like a week though. Looks great at uni, certainly gets a lot of attention when I'm clacking in cafes

well mine is probably staying with my desktop, but they look good so I'm excited to finally get them

the 33 bucks was almost not worth it for the shipping wait

b-b-but they use a pcb instead of a membrane

that's worth 300 bucks more, r-right guys???

They're not considered mechanical because there's no actuation mechanism. Rubberdome over membrane is directly actuated by force and Topre is capacitively sensed.

Topres are capacitive rubber domes, not mechanical. Which isn't even a bad thing.

cherry clones are ok so why not topre clones?

aliexpress.com/item/Plum84-electrostatic-capacitive-mechanical-keyboard-topre-clone-compact-gaming-keyboard-PBT-keycap-detachable-cable-84-mini/32598836635.html

but topre just doesn't seem very appealing to me personally and i think part of the charm of a keyboard like hhkb is the premium price tag and the elitism and smugness that comes with it

Anybody know a good way or a guide on how to restem keycaps?

reminder that nobody really cares

imgur.com/a/6bbJB

Corsair really needs to update their bottom row.

Thank you

People really need to stop buying corsair.

but gaymers think they need a wide left ctrl

Anybody have any ideas on how I made the grey and yellow keycap in the picture to match the stems from the black keycaps? I can't manage to find a single website that sells these and i'm trying to restem them myself but seems fuckall impossible.

Wait dont tell me you bought a corsair keyboard

If you bought it from a group buy ask them if you can get those two keycaps separately. I'm sure they have leftovers as they aren't common keys, otherwise thats your best bet

are gateron clears a meme

yes I bought a fucking corsair keyboard and I don't regret it for 2 keycaps but i'm just seeing if there is a workaround for what i'm trying to do.
the black keycaps are the one that came with the keyboard originally.

what I was asking was where did you buy the yellow and grey keycaps? Maybe I can match the set from somewhere else

Everything is a meme on Cred Forums

I got the keycaps custom made from WASD keycaps. Where could you potentially match the set from?

Literally superior to Cherry MemeX

>shit keyboard
>shit keycaps
This is what happens to wasd keycaps
i.imgur.com/ktKQsOB.jpg
i.imgur.com/r4tJWBh.jpg
damn you just threw a lot of money down the drain.

well it's whatever I make 3 grand a month ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

>wont receive tada until january

wtf...

>3 grand a month
that's the avg salary in the united. Nothing to brag about since I make about the same

ha

I guess this meme isn't catching on soon

WTF is with these shitty meme layouts? How do you even spacebar or left/right arrow on this thing? Also how do you type numbers?

Looks like a shit posting keyboard to me, don't need left or right if all your gonna do is scroll up and down. Also shit typing numbers to trigger more.

those aren't the keycaps that come with the keyboard. Do you really need three shift keys. Also you can get numbers with function layer mapping. Pic related is the layout

WTF are 1.25, 1.5, 1.75, 1u, 2.25? These aren't normal keys.

And yeah you pretty much do need 3+ kinds of shift with that few keys.

Considering i'm 21, no kids, and not married makes it something worth bragging about imo

pre sure that bottom row is a space bar with two shift keys on it or alternatively is a space bar and an enter or something like that.

I really don't think anyone is stupid enough to drop a space bar for a second (and third) shift button

what board is that and what are some $20 examples for topre-feeling keyboards?

>WTF are 1.25, 1.5, 1.75, 1u, 2.25? These aren't normal keys.
Well you heard it here folks it official modifiers are no longer normal keys.
Sorry Tab, Enter, \ and Shift looks like you have to go.

But if you are wondering that's the layout as stated in the post. Those numbers refer to the size of the key, not whats actually printed on them. Its left blank because the keyboard is programmable and you can buy they keyboard without keycaps, or with blank ones only

if you consider he "only" paid ~1 day's work worth of salary it's not exactly the end of the world

I make around $100 a day yet I don't spend it on overpriced garbage.

exactly my point
I paid $50 for some keycaps that I literally customized in everyway that I wanted that I couldn't get anywhere else, that's not overpriced garbage.

I just got a windfall and can't justify upgrading my hardware to be able to play gaymes at 1440p144hz yet so I'm gonna buy a nice kb to sate my irresponsibility urge. Have a noppo choc mini (layout is basically mandatory for me).

Figure I'll buy the plum 84 and some super sweet sick satirical keycaps. Anyone have the pleb 84 how is it

custom garbage is still garbage, they're low quality products. plain and simple.

and there's plenty of other options, they just cost a lot more.

I can go to McDonalds and have them make me a custom hamburger and it will still be shit, or I could go to Bgoods and get a custom hamburger there and it will be immensely better.
WASD Keycaps are garbage plain and simple. Just google WASD Keycaps review and you can see plenty of images of faded keys. You could make custom keycaps from vendors that actually put effort into making a quality product but those cost more money.

Getting a KM-G3.
Anyone want to spook me and make me cancel my order or welcome my into the blue switch brotherhood?

>Budget
About $150
>Location (continent at least)
Australia
>Preferred switch type
Blue
>Layout
ANSI
>Form factor
100%
>Backlight
Not necessary but if it does have them, it's fine.
>Previous/current keyboards
None.

More expensive options for custom keycaps?
I've got a 100% Ducky, but the all-black keys are getting stale. It came with red w,s,a, & d keys, but that shit is retarded.

>/mkg/ - weeaboo edition

should I buy the japanese layout of the hhkb? or just the regular version?

placebo thread

I can answer you on whether or not it's placebo on Saturday.

see

even without ever having tried a mech keyboard i started to realize how disgusting my rubber dome keyboard was and then i got my mech and it's just so fucking good like you can't even imagine

you bet your ass I'm gonna be elitist and smug if I buy an hhkb. my only worry is that I won't like it but I'll still have to pretend I do

Ducky

would buying an Model M be conciderd being elistist?

>You could make custom keycaps from vendors that actually put effort
Such as?

How is the blackwidow?

Cancer

but the keys are so clicky . . . it feels like a real buckling spring

why is it cancer?

Half of the time when buying products like these, Cred Forums turns out to be right and it's not really just placebo.

I decided to spend 80 euros on a mechanical keyboard which is supposed to arrive in an hour or two. I'll tell you then.

the only real drawbacks are the ABS keycaps and the price

REAL BUCLKING SPRING

>you sir are a meme

its good but not recommended, ABS keycaps, shit MX copies and overall bad product for the price

Are greens any good? I have and i am currently using blues, i have been thinking of getting greens on the TEX Yoda when it drops.

They're just blues with a heavier spring, so you can probably imagine exactly what they're like.

Then what do recommend for that same click?

You are mom is a meme, but I am still going to be hir best customer

anything with blues should be similar enough

have you even used buckling spring?

and just to clarify, i mean blues are quite similar to razer green, not to buckling springs

>MX anything for sound

Razer Greens vs Cherry Blues:
youtube.com/watch?v=7L2F7YC8e_A

Topre:

Alps:
youtube.com/watch?v=Fea9OxQHebU

Actual fucking buckling springs:
youtube.com/watch?v=Bz9Y5nZK3eo

>Topre:
disgust

>youtube.com/watch?v=Fea9OxQHebU [Remove]

How many options are there for ten keys on the left?

Not many unless you count buying a TKL and a separate numpad to place there.

More switch comparisons:
youtube.com/watch?v=Eg-FWSDY0-Y

just get a separate numpad

here's a newbie question: if we are talking cherry switches then what's the point of buying more expensive keyboards if all of them use the same switches anyway?

so far the only mechanical keyboard i've had a chance to use was cm storm quickfire which is supposedly one of the cheaper ones and yet the quality is pretty much excellent

is there anything that would justify paying twice or even thrice as much for some different keyboard if the most important thing is the same?

I got this thing with black switches. I was told that it needed some pressure at first but most of the rubber dome keyboards I used were harder. I can literally blow over the keys and shit will register.

i had the same experience with cherry blues
i was told they needed a bit of pressure to use but they need way less force than my last rubber domes

because of that i was doing way more mistakes at first but holy hell, it's so pleasant to write

jYeks.

I jilteranlly cu;n t seto makkieng teypoas

>my only worry is that I won't like it but I'll still have to pretend I do
I don't use this term often, but I think for once I can call someone here a literal meme.

Good job user.

The price of a keyboard can be higher because of:
* Markup because of a certain brand or look (see Razer, Corsair etc.)
* Higher build quality thanks to better construction, materials and components
* Low batch sizes - stuff gets cheaper if it can be made in bulk (see most niche or custom boards)
* Low availability (usually older or imported products)
* Extra features you may or may not need (lighting, programmability, knobs, wheels, USB passthrough...)

CM Storm is probably the most sane of the gamer keyboard makers. Low markup, high batch size and availability. Fairly standard plastic build with just a few gaming oriented features thrown in there. Good boards to start with.

Ok, so my Qpad MK-80 arrived. Great keyboard overall, but the usb hub and the media buttons don't work.
What do? It has 2 connectors - 1 PS2 and 1 USB for the hub and the backlight.

thank you for clearing it up
i was offered one for 45$ used but in a very good condition but i still i wanted to make sure

>It has 2 connectors - 1 PS2 and 1 USB for the hub and the backlight
I wish the Das Keyboard had that so that the actual keyboard could run through PS2 while the volume knob and USB hub could run through USB.

Nvm, turned out you have to restart the PC.

Need a keyboard for work, gaming and writing.

>Budget
€50-100

>Location
Europe

>Preferred switch type
Black/Linear Gray

>Layout
ISO is preferable

>Form factor
Full keyboard

>Backlight
Yes

Logitech MK220

>certainly gets a lot of attention when I'm clacking in cafes

This thing It does come with blacks.

Thank you, I'll check it out.

You know, they have a success company for a reason. Why shouldn't I buy one of their keyboards? I haven't heard anything horrifying that I haven't heard for other keyboards.

But hey this guy said we should stop buying corsair, pass the memo.

What a beaut. Sad I can't get it anywhere else than amazon.com...

>Why shouldn't I buy one of their keyboards?
Non-standard bottom and also known for a plethora of issues.

Feel free to buy corsair if you like, but don't think that people in keyboard enthusiast communities recommend against that for no reason whatsoever.

They have success as a company because they market to gaymurrs and people who generally don't know shit about the peripherals that they're buying.

Why do you guys keep falling for it?

if you already have one it's not that bad but i would recommend against buying one for sure. and i was in a similar position not long ago, questioning why i shouldn't buy a corsair keyboard

Keyboards in Europe have a completely different layout anyway. So the bottom row isn't an issue for anyone outside US.
"non-standard" is non-issue. And Corsair at least has a warranty, unlike to the obscure massdrop chink shit you are using here.

No you go ahead and get Corsair, that sexy unnecessary bezel and that very functional bottom row. Their LEDs are very reliable too.

>Keyboards in Europe have a completely different layout anyway. So the bottom row isn't an issue for anyone outside US.
>"non-standard" is non-issue.
sorry but you come off as very naive and it's not like we're trying to "troll" you into buying a chinkboard we're just autistically stating our more or less educated opinion

>And Corsair at least has a warranty, unlike to the obscure massdrop chink shit you are using here.
that might be a valid point for group buys and aliexpress etc but amazon has great consumer protection and there are other legit vendors as well

Here's what QWERTZ looks like. The bottom row looks like this.
Nordic layout is even more confusing. And french has a different bottom row, but same enter.

"non-standard" is really not an issue for anyone outside US.

Ducky has a warranty too with a wider selection of keyboards and better build quality. The nice thing too is that they both cost around the same. You could buy corsair for their brand and aesthetic, there is nothing wrong with that, but when there are better options for a similar price I thing I'll go for those. Besides the PBT keycaps that ducky uses really are much nicer then and ABS I've used

Corsair isn't the only one that makes keyboards in Nordic, French, German, etc. layouts

>Nordic layout is even more confusing
I don't know why mechanical keyboards come with nordic layouts. Why not just include the different norwegian, danish, and swedish caps in a bag? Like they do with extra gaming WASD and super keys.

Filco has a proper swedish one at least, so I just use that.

bullshit

and look here, in THIS GODDAMN THREAD:

You can find any layout in mechanical for the same price as corsair. What layout is it anyway?

>Keyboards in Europe have a completely different layout anyway.
Do you think that there's no addons or complete sets for the ISO layout?

The bottom row is the same regardless of whether it's ISO or ANSI.

See for an example thereof. The bottom row layout varies a lot with membrane keyboards, but any reputable manufacturer of mechanical keyboards will stick to the standard bottom row layout.

Yes, it is the best. They used to be annoying as hell, though, when you were in a room full of people using them at work

but I was asking about oranges

oranges aren't even clicky

your pic related is not a standard QWERTZ but a swiss layout

standard QWERTZ has @ on Q

Are there any 104 DIY kits/plates?

There is the TX1800, but it costs $300. If you just want the plate and PCB then its $70

Domes are typically between 60-80g to actuate and blacks fall within that range.

There's a new Leopold keyboard coming out which is modeled after the 1800 layout. It's called "Leopold 980M", and there's also a topre counterpart.

I only want the plate, without the pcb desu.
Not sure about the layout, finding keycaps for it isn't going to be easy.

Guess ordering a metal plate laser cut is my best bet

Alright senpai, where do I get these japanese key caps.

CUSTOM ALPS KEYAP SETS WHEN???

BÉPO is the answer.

It's a rebrand of the Motospeed Inflictor CK104

To add to you can find almost identical models but from seekers with no reputation for cheaper or in cheaper in shit color schemes. I went with Amazon since I have Prime Student and 2 day shipping.

Why not just handwire the thing together. If you are going to make your own plate then you get to build your own layout

3d print them yourself

>have to press AltGr 2/3 to get < and >
>Same for &
>ù now takes at least two strokes to get
>retarded dead key placement
You faggot hipsters and your shitty layouts, I swear.
This manages to be even more cancerous for programming than AZERTY, and that's no little feat.

>AFNOR
Now that's fucking great, they're getting this shit standardized.

I plan to design and build pcb from scratch, but I still need a cover.

Actually, 1800 might be a great idea. I tried playing around with layout editor to make something that would work for me. Thoughts?

>Budget
Around 100 bucks, but if it's quality i can go a bit higher. (Price for the keyboard itself, not shipping)
Sweden
>Preferred switch type
One for gaming, Brown or Red works
>Layout
I really like the sleek nice ones without keypads
>Form factor
As long as it's a good keyboard, i don't super mind how it looks. QWERTY obviously, but i could go for an American layout.
>Backlight
It'd be nice to have a backlight, but only if i can turn it off at will and change the color of it.
Laptop scizzor switch built-in :d

here is a nice TKL nordic keyboard, they are nice

maxgaming.no/gaming-tastatur/ozone/strike-battle-gaming-keyboard-black-mx-brown

they also have a swedish site i think

Right on the money, my friend. Perfect reccomendation!

>I plan to design and build pcb from scratch
keep us posted

>Thoughts?
Looks good if you want a full-size but still want to have it be at least somewhat compact. Though your bottom row modifier placement estranges me a bit, and what's with that return key and the long left shift? It looks like you're going for JIS, but with an ANSI/ISO style bottom row.

cheers

>that return key and the long left shift
I'm going for Russian layout, the most popular one is based on ISO, but usually has both. Note how the key next to left Shift is just useless and doubles everything on the key next to Enter.
ISO Enter and long Shift are what I'm used to, I absolutely want both.

As always.

just switch to ANSI how hard could it be

I'm on ANSI keyboard currently. It is pretty hard.
It's not like I have to too.

That Topre spacebar is really fucking annoying.

what does /mkg/ think of the hyperx keyboard?

> Compact design
> Full size keyboard

???

at least the bezel isn't yuge

What's the cheapest SA/DSA set?

All SA sets are sold out
But the cheapest DSA is around $60
pimpmykeyboard.com/dsa-patriot-keycap-set/
and
pimpmykeyboard.com/dsa-rainbow-keycap-set/

that's not really compact at all. The 1800 layout is full size and compact

> the cheapest option is fat or gay

Didn't realize how popular the tai hao keycaps were.
Thank god I switched them out for shit hipster shit.

the funny thing is then ext cheapest option is mac
pimpmykeyboard.com/dsa-think-different-keycap-set/

well if you don't like those options for $100 you can make your own custom PBT dye-sub DSA keycaps
pimpmykeyboard.com/dsa-sublimated-keycap-sets/

>can't even get the full set
Talk about gay.

Where can I buy Topre PBT Spacebars outside of Massdrop?

aliexpress.com/item/Topre-realforce-hhkb-capacitor-keyboard-keycaps-multicolour-cap-pbt-material/32680577961.html?spm=2114.01010208.3.1.IShldY&ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_10,searchweb201602_2_10057_10056_10065_10068_10055_10067_10054_10069_10059_10058_418_10073_10017_10070_10060_10061_10052_10062_10053_10050_10051,searchweb201603_7&btsid=9ec83bf9-d703-4d58-8637-989fa7bccddc

WHEN

I bought this (nopoo) board off of Craigslist for $20. Did I get a good deal?

If it works then yes. They normally sell for around $90

Best keyboard go

What exactly are you looking for? If its something dirt cheap and will last you a couple years then a rubber dome k120 is the best keyboard

Where can I buy that keyboard??

that specific keyboard looks like a pok3r, but if you want other options there are these including pok3rs
mechanicalkeyboards.com/search.php?keyword=&brand=&switch=&size=60%&led=&capmat=&capprint=&model=&availability=&show_kb=off&show_kb=on&show_acc=off&show_acc=on

The keycaps he is using are after market ones. Called Miami

I'm an owner of one of these. Aside from the font choice(i don't really care), did i fuck up?

why did they put a single zero key where the double zero key goes on the 10key

rate pls

>typing in katakana
How completely and utterly worthless

pls

where else would you put the double 0 key?
Every key is taken up already

just like your mom

Greens are not for typing.

So objectively no.

wtf does that even mean? plenty of us type with clicky switches far heavier, and enjoy it

What?
I can use any switch and still keep the same typing speed

>nasa inspired keyset on assdrop
help im gonna launch my wallet into orbit

They look ugly honestly

>SA profile
Why?

whats wrong with SA profile?

>no row 1 1.5x blanks
>no row 4 blanks
It was so close to being another set I would use for my ergodox. Guess I'll just stick with SA retro.

Just ordered a pok3r 60% with cherry clears

I'm excite

If the TKL set drops down to around 50-60 bucks then I might pick it up

pok3r is dumb desu

What boards are an improvement without going over the 60% size?

I like the hhkb and v60

Don't take my opinion or anyone else's seriously because we are one person buy what you like

their scimitar mouse is nice though

Welp. Now I need this for my space sims.

Whats better Leopold FC660M w/ reds or Vortex Poker 3 w/ browns ? How different are browns and reds to each other ?

Browns feel essentially like reds with a chunk of grit inside them.

It feels like shit but that scratch halfway down the key travel is the tactile feedback coinciding with the switch actuation so you actually know the keypress has registered.

talk me out of buying a Cherry MX Board 6.0

>Budget
$150
>Location
America
>Preferred switch type
Green
>Layout
ANSI
>Form factor
100% or 80%
>Backlight
No
$20 insignia

One guy in the comments.
> Don'y buy it, if you expect massdrop PBT spacebar Quality.

Oh well, might as well wait 10 years for the next massdrop batch to drop.

Get a Quickfire Rapid

amazon.com/Storm-QuickFire-Rapid-Tenkeyless-Mechanical/dp/B00C2MBG2U/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1474711541&sr=8-6&keywords=quickfire rapid

which leaves you like $76 to get other shit

Hey thanks

All cherry switches feel like they have sand in them.

>100%
>red backlight only

Wise layout choice, friend. I'd recommend switching to a standard bottom row but with the ansi left shift and iso enter, you'll have trouble finding a set of keycaps anyway.

Infact, I'd recommend just sticking with a standard layout if you don't already have the keycaps.

As far as getting a plate goes, you can get a custom plate laser cut and then you can get a case lasered out from acrylic or steel if you are truly a madlad. For a one-off keyboard, it's probably not worth designing a PCB but it's certainly an option.

I chose wood and my board is handwired with the switches, keycaps, and plate recycled from an old broken mechanical.

>Budget
100 to 150€
>Location
Spain, Europe.
>Preferred switch type
Brown.
>Layout
Preferably Spanish.
>Form factor
100% or 80%
>Backlight
Yes, +points for RGB.
Shitty 20€.

Ducky shine 5 or Ducky YOTM (pic related), but I don't know if you like the style and removable mouse bungee.

it's almost 2017, won't it look bad if it says 2016 when that's no longer the
>current year

The YOTM appears to be pre-order only and it's almost 200$ but the Shine 5 looks pretty good, any wrist rest you'd recommend to go with the shine 5 or should I just buy a keyboard with built-in wrist rest?

Not him, but don't actually type and use a wrist rest at the same time. Unless you just want to give yourself CTS faster.

you don't need a wrist rest, put the keyboard a bit further into the desk and you can just rest your forearms on the edge of the desk and your wrists will stay in the air with no effort at all

Anyone tried the Logitech Orion 810? Do you like the Romer-G or Cherry Reds?

Anyone know what the difference between Das Keyboard Model S and Keyboard 4 is?

Is it only the media buttons?

Basically yes.

First time buyer, looking for a white keyboard that'll look good with pic related.

>Budget
$150
Australia
>Preferred switch type
Brown
>Layout
ANSI
>Form factor
Tenkeyless

The two options I'm leaning towards are aliexpress.com/item/High-quality-Rapoo-V500-gaming-mechanical-keyboard-free-shipping/32469615292.html for a cheap option or a Ducky One which costs about twice as much here. Would the reliability be worth the extra cost?

what's going on with that top right key?

>gaydient keycaps

Duck one TKL comes with a whole bunch of macro features. Like a lot. I've got one and while they are nice I wish that there was some software that would help manage them since each individual key can be assigned with three different macros

Forgot Pic its the non TKL version, but they use the same ARM processor. Also while the keyboard is made of plastic it one of the sturdier ones I've seen.

Attention:

This item is a scam, do not recommend it!

monoprice.com/product?c_id=114&cp_id=11401&cs_id=1140102&p_id=13787&seq=1&format=2

I bought it because they advertise no key rollover, but the keyboard is locked at 2 key rollover. The switches are real reds, but lying about NKRO should be a deal breaker.

They also lie about the cable, it's not braided.

I got a refund (they want you to wait until they receive the product to send a replacement or refund) and advise everyone not to make the same mistake again.

Since I was out a keyboard I went to best buy and price matched this down to a pretty reasonable price. I especially like how it advertises NKRO and then delivers it.

bestbuy.com/site/corsair-strafe-mechanical-gaming-keyboard-cherry-mx-red/4799900.p?skuId=4799900

USB doesn't support NKRO that PS/2, also why buy the worst corsair keyboard there is, unless you are trolling

>usb doesn't support NKRO
but that's wrong, the corsair I picked up does it using 2 plugs

You'd normally be correct that it doesn't and even though the monoprice advertised none it couldn't even get 6 (a basic function EASILY possible with one USB).

And here's the kicker, the monoprice keyboard won't even connect through PS/2 with a logitech adapter, and good luck finding a USB to PS/2 adapter that isn't made by Logitech.

> worst corsair keyboard there is
why?

>why?
He's joking, every corsair board is an atrocity.

And why is that?

>good luck finding a USB to PS/2 adapter that isn't made by Logitech.
What why logitech adapter? I just bought one on ebay for a dollar from china and it worked giving me nkro.

Also the strafe keyboard has this switch problem in which the keys don't reset after a press for some reason. There are also LED problems and the keycaps are made from poor quality ABS, not to mention that when you want to get better keycaps once they start wearing out you can't because of the non standard layout

i updated my review of the noppoo choc mini rgb with some info about the software, the issue with complex light patterns, and example images of a pattern that works and one that doesn't

reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/50mdnx/review_noppoo_choc_mini_rgb_with_noppoo_blue/

Thanks user!

Non-standard bottom row and corsair has a track record of issues with their keyboards.

And they look atrocious, though that's a subjective matter.

>strafe keyboard has this switch problem in which the keys don't reset after a press for some reason
haven't noticed anything like that, though I only have about 5 hours on the keyboard so far. I'm well within my return window, but unless I see an issue I'm happy with it.

>There are also LED problems
always have them off anyway

>non standard layout
That monoprice keyboard had an ISO enter key, as long as the A-Z keys are standard I don't see a problem, they're the only ones I even plan to replace.

Also, I don't see anything wrong with just the looks of worn ABS keys.

>track record of issues
may be the case but like I said I haven't seen any issues so far, and I still have 14 days to find one.

>What why logitech adapter?
forgot to answer this

I actually called monoprice support and asked them why it wasn't working, they confirmed that their keyboards just plain don't work with logitech adapters, something about different pins or circuitry.

Who much did you get it for because they normally sell for around $60-65, but I wouldn't get it for that much after the switch problem I had

what are they smoking over at ducky? man, wtf

I paid the full $50 for the monoprice one, and I think $70 or so for the corsair, it was marked $99 though

I didn't get a monoprice keyboard just a cheap $30 chink keyboard that had nkro, I didn't work with USB and an user said to try it with PS/2 which did work, but I didn't like the switches because they were to light so I decided to go with corsair, but then the switch issue happened so I said fuck it and I just got an IBM model M.

Believe me I tried connecting it through PS/2 to see if that would give it NKRO, I actually really liked the minimalistic design.

It wouldn't even register power through the PS/2 port with a logitech adapter, and I spent an hour or so looking around the internet for one before I just said fuck these liars and RMA'd it.

Hopefully if mine has that switch issue it'll make itself obvious while I'm still in the return window.

Why don't people ps/2 keyboards anymore?

Can I get a mini usb to ps/2 cable?

was it a passive adapter? sounds like bs

passive USB to PS/2 adapters are like $1-3

but not all keyboards work with them

what keyboard uses mini-usb to connect to a computer? Also what computer has a mini-usb port?

the keyboard has a mini usb female port and I want to plug it in via ps/2

could use your regular cable with an adapter or modify the cable with a ps/2 connector

I assume it has a larger male USB port, why not just get an adapter for that since they are much more common?

I had them clarify that it would work with a passive adapter, even showed them a picture of USB-F to PS/2-M connector and they said "Yes but not if it's made by logitech, and 98% of the adapters on the market are made by logitech" I asked him where I could get one, he said "look around on the internet" like that's going to fucking help me.

Now, they could've been lying about any PS/2 compatibility in the first place, which fits right in with their track record.

>all the keys I don't have memorized are mislabeled. (home, insert, etc.)
>most of the keys I do have memorized are labeled correctly.
Super useful, guys. Thanks.

>Having a keyboard with a nav cluster

plebe

WASD is my only option anyway, so I kept all the key sizes with what they offer.
Not sure on the exact dimensions on bottom row, but one key has to be 1x and two 1.25x. Alt seems to be the least useful so I made it smaller. I'll think about it some more.

>For a one-off keyboard, it's probably not worth designing a PCB but it's certainly an option.
That's kinda the point. I'm into electronics and I can design and build a pcb close to industrial grade, that's the easiest part of the whole thing for me.

>Hey, check out this cool set for $35
>Wait, actually, to get what's pictured it's $100
>Don't forget shipping too

There is nothing you can do to stop me from buying a Realforce 87UB 55g

they break it up like that so more people can buy into the GB and lower the cost

How about now?

>you bought a full size nonstandard keyboard

I eat dogs for breakfast, Lily

am i the only one who thinks topre is disgusting, kind of triggers me because of how similar it is to (membrane) rubber dome

>Budget
Preferably Location (continent at least)
USA
>Preferred switch type
First mechanical, but I think cherry browns.
Maybe gateron browns? I doubt I would notice a difference.
>Layout
ANSI
>Form factor
60%, 68%, TKL OK. Would prefer arrow keys.
>Backlight
Price is more important but if available.
Had a logitech g11 for about a decade.

I was looking at a magicforce 68 as one option. Can I get those with gateron browns for

I kind of want to buy a 60% keyboard just so that I can buy a keycap set for under $70

you want reds or blues not brown

the thing is that geteron colors don't match up with there cherry equivalent,
But if you want a cheap keyboard then fill the filters and pick one you like

what's a good 60% keyboard?

HHKB pro 2

CM storm quickfire rapid

>how similar it is to (membrane) rubber dome
Maybe because it has rubber domes? Crazy, I know.

nice meme

Isn't brown just non-clacky blue?

Thanks I'll take a look.

if you're ok with topre you may as well look at high-end rubber domes

brown is like the worst version of red you could imagine

just go red if that's the way you're leaning

poker 2
ebay.com/itm/Poker-II-Poker-2-Keyboard-With-Box-Cherry-/122124938172?hash=item1c6f36abbc:g:VNkAAOSwgZ1XqmYa

>budget
£50-£150
>location
UK
>preffered switch type
red or something for vidya gams
>layout
english/britbong
>form factor
80 or 100%
>backlight
nah
>previous keyboards
£10 microsoft one

What video games?

If you play fighting games with KB like I do having NKRO is absolutely essential, but if you're playing FPS games you can probably get away with 2KRO.

>if you're playing FPS games you can probably get away with 2KRO
doubt.jpg

I did it for years and never really noticed any issues with 2KRO until I would put my second hand on the keyboard.

Can you explain why?
Good find. Not sure what switches though.

There are many. It depends on what you want, really. A lot of people like the poker series.

I hate to resort to the meme phrase "reds with dirt in them" but it's surprisingly accurate.

k. It's the only switch I've ever felt other than rubber dome and scissor switches. I'll look for reds, since I'll mostly be gaming with my desktop.

blues are fine too

browns > reds

Alright.
I don't know what to believe any more.

I want to buy one of those switch testing pads, but honestly $15 for something that I will use once just seems ridiculous when I am not sure if I want to spend more than $80 on the full product.

you can go to a store and have a feel, if they don't have them on display you can still feel the razer arrow keys through a cutout on the packaging, razer orange is roughly equivalent to cherry red and razer green is roughly equivalent to cherry blue

but if you buy red "blind" it should be fine for gaming

it's worth it, only you can know what type of switch you prefer

if you don't want to you can go to a store and try em if you have one nearby

by the way is reviewbrah still living in his car?

I'm assuming your not a programmer? Nordic layouts are completely trash. ; ' [ ] { } / \ and are annoying to reach on nordic layouts.

Just got my filco today btw. ANSI feels great.

higher res

this, US ANSI is based

Yeah, I'll check out the stores near me, but I don't have any electronics stores closer than an hour drive away other than best buy.

also you are forgetting that nordic ISO has a completely different layout. Adding æ ä å ö / æ o å would just make things more difficult. ISO keyboards have an extra button between lshift and Z for example.

best buy should have them

best buy should have displays out

Alright. Thanks guys.

oh and apparently best buy price matches amazon in case you want to buy something there

I have a COLEMAK-keyboard. It's ANSI. You can write Nordic characters through standardized key combinations. Are you using EurKey?

Putting up image of the full set and labeling it with the price of half the set is still false advertising

this, fucking chinkdrop

Bought a cheap chink meme keyboard.

Time for some proper keycaps.

stop posting this shit lmao

Still waiting on my backordered kb to ship. It feels stupid to buy the aluminum case before the kb itself even ships, but I'm tempted anyway.

Is it just me or does it look like the lighting effect stutter a bit

probably just the video

Reviewbrah uses blues while waiting for his food order

It's the video.

Why is it that, before buying a mechanical keyboard, without having ever tried a mechanical keyboard either (or at least I can't recall that) I knew exactly how it would feel when it arrived?

because you read up on it

where's the buyer's guide?

This

EU
>Preferred switch type
brown (or red)
>Layout
ISO
>Form factor
as small as possible
>Backlight
doesn't matter

also it has to be wireless

DOES THIS KEYBOARD FUCKING EXIST?

what keyboard?

Anne Pro? Sounds like what you're looking for. Get it off Aliexpress.

10/10

>F and J keys don't have bumps
>somehow keep finding them just fine
>realize they are more concave

O-- oh.

>I bought a Logitech 710+ keyboard over a year ago
>Cred Forums memed that the LEDs would die on me in 6 months and keys would jam and shit
>literally nothing wrong with it even now
enjoy not having a volume wheel you shitposting memelords

GMK keys? It's weird.

Sounds like DSA.

Scoops>bumps, just saiyan.

we got rid of the buyers guide because it caused to much shitposting

whats wrong with a volume switch? Sure its not a wheel but it is mechanical and works just fine in my keyboard

alt+mwheel?

Mito is a faggot.

Where can I find it?

There is an Alps stem DSA IC currently running at geekhack. Taihao also makes ALPs caps.

Buyers template is much more useful

Is these Plum84 keyboads really any good?
This one comes with Gateron 35g aliexpress.com/item/Plum84-electrostatic-capacitive-mechanical-keyboard-topre-clone-compact-gaming-keyboard-PBT-keycap-detachable-cable-84-mini/32598836635.html

>Budget
$110 USD
>Location
South America (probably buying from Aliexpress or using a US proxy)
>Preferred switch type
Own a CM STORM with a Cherry MX Brown, I think Red/Clear is fine
>Layout
ANSI
>Form factor
65 ~ 75 %
>Backlight
Not really necessary but I would not mind
I'm with a CM STORM MECH, but it's pretty HUGE and horrible to type (because of its layout)

>CM Storm

Thank god Coolermaster got rid of this retarded name.

>Drevo Gramr
aliexpress.com/item/Drevo-Gramr-84-Key-Gaming-Mechanical-Keyboard-White-Backlit-Wired-Mechanical-Keyboard-Black-Switch/32685552791.html

what do you think about this rebranded keycool 84? any alternatives in this price?

>>Buyers template is much more useful
Okay, but where can I find it?

2kro is pretty shit for QL. Wallwalking to circlestrafe jump around a corner on the ascent can have up to 6 keys down simultaneously at one point. Shit just fails on a 2kro board.

>6

Fucking phone keyboard. 5 keys rather.

in the OP. Its the first link
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG

you not get a noppoo choc mini:
aliexpress.com/item/Noppoo-Choc-Mini-84-POM-Black-Keycaps-Wired-Gaming-Keyboard-Cherry-MX-Red-Black-Blue-Brown/32449188241.html?spm=2114.01010208.3.11.FbKaMk&ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_7,searchweb201602_5_10057_10056_10065_10068_10055_10067_10054_10069_10059_10058_418_10073_10017_10070_10060_10061_10052_10062_10053_10050_10051,searchweb201603_1&btsid=0d96e60b-c79c-417d-a894-1ab2d1fdd57e

The black switch is the cheapest and with the cost of shipping it should be in your budget

The thing is that the Noppo one doesn't have a detachable cable.

>Budget
None really but nothing obscene
>Location
Burger
>Preferred Switch Type
No idea but I tried a blackwidow at the razor store and it was very comfy
>Layout
huh?
>Form Factor
I think smaller is better but arrow keys would be nice, be great to get some more desk space
>Backlight
Sure why not
>Previous Keyboard
I got a logitec g13 i think and NEVER AGAIN.

Recommendations?

Get some cheap ass 40-50 dollar shit you find at a local gaymer store. mostly great when getting into mech keyboards

>pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
I am in SF what is a local gaymer store?

Just go to microcenter and try out some of the switches they have on display. Pick your favorite and then buy one foe cheap online

Just fill the filter at the top and pick one you like

similar switches to the blackwidow:
elitekeyboards.com/products.php?sub=keyed_up_labs,tenkeyless&pid=es87u_ce_bbb_al

better switches:
elitekeyboards.com/products.php?sub=keyed_up_labs,tenkeyless&pid=es87u_cc_bbb_al

also ignoring your request for le leds, but if that's what you're set on here a decent enough gaymer rgb board
mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1754

Should I get a Pok3r PBT or a barebones WASD Pok3r and some cheap PBTs?

I don't really need no leeds.

nice to see what im typing at night but its not like hte monitor doesn't provide enough light

Thanks for the spoonfeeding you guys its hard to find time for research when I work 80 hours a week for my overloards

The stock pok3r PBT caps are pretty thick aren't they? May as well stick with those.

If the pok3r has dye-sub PBT then get that and call it a day

Laser etched I believe, no better than pad printed.

I was talking about the buyer's guide (not the buyer's template).

aliexpress.com/item/Noppoo-new-60-size-compact-noppoo-84-mechanical-keyboard-lolita-mx-switches-gaming-keyboard-PBT-keycap/2043196124.html
Should I?

Is the Cherry/Gateron switch sampler up on Massdrop worth it for trying out switches?

For $22:
8-switch aluminum plate + 8 Cherry switches, 6 Gateron and 12 keycaps color matched to stem colors.