>ranked lower than some csu schools
>litterally a joke reputation
>employers will assume you party and throw out your application

not technology

>not going to ccs

>literally ecxepts everyone

Clearly

>>litterally excepts everyone

Your uni isn't why they're throwing out your Appplikashun.

MIT here, ask me anything.

>#8 public school in the country
>shitty

What parts of your university are considered a joke?

Do you have a thorax and antennae?

Life is what you make of it.

>litterally
>excepts

What a fucking joke University in the United States has become that you don't have to be competent with your fucking native tongue to be admitted

Not like the gooks can speak English either

Just looked it up, it has a lower acceptance rate than UW. That counts for something, right?

University of South Alabama reporting in.

>pooNloos and sandnigs type I'm "USA college"
>see our university because our initials are USA
>get overrun by foreigners

Not a SINGLE fucking Linux user in sight. Kill me now.

Lol, what a strange thing.
>NO LINUX USERS, MUST BE A SHITHOLE
I get it, you're probably in Greater Technocapitalist Studies or whatever, but literally no other department runs by this logic.

There's just too many non-whites here.

Too much Cred Forums in Alabama

Kill me.

I guess I should elaborate.

>classes are hard as fuck, even the best students are are barely getting Cs
>CS department is horribly understaffed. It took me weeks of waiting on the waitlist to get into nearly every single one of my classes
>because of enormous student:faculty ratio in CS, most of my classes are 200+ students
>time is spend studying constantly. I have two exams tomorrow I should be studying for, for example
>every class gives tons of homework, which graded far more leniently than the test
>have to walk over a mile in Georgia heat to get to my first class
>a parking spot costs $800 per semester
>has the most phallic logo I've ever seen

Also, Clemson just tore us a new asshole

My cousin went to UCSB, I forgot what he majored in but he spent most of the time partying and smoking weed.
He's been jobless his whole life.

Hello fellow technig/g/er!

>nobody speaks english fluently
>engineering professors universally come late and keep class late
>exams on top of exams
>campus is literally a hobo's asshole full of thugs two blocks in any direction

At least we get job connections out the ass.

One of my professors acts like she's high as fuck 90% of the time. Bizarre. Usually the head TA ends up teaching the class.

The diversity here doesn't bother me; it's just a difficult school. But hey, I signed up for it

Diversity doesn't bother me, it's the lack of ability to enunciate anything in clear english that I have hated for years. I'm graduating BSEE this fall. Even the damn capstone prof. can't pronounce the word "electromagnetic," and just writes it on the board. It's comically bad.

I'm sure many of them are brilliant researchers but at some point they're going to have to screen people by their ability to do basic instruction. I basically self-taught my way through the whole program and used my brother, who is already an EE in Atlanta, as the english speaking professor I never had.

Oh yeah dude, I see what you mean.

I'm in a final project group with three Korean immigrant dudes who can't speak English worth a shit. Like, I can barely communicate with one of them because he can't understand sentences with even a hint of complexity, and he can barely construct a sentence himself.

I try not to hold it against them (I grew up in Metro Atlanta speaking English — they didn't), and they're smart people, but jesus christ it makes communication about a project designed to require communication difficult.

I haven't told anyone this because being annoyed about it makes me feel like a bad person, but if anywhere will be receptive, it's Cred Forums desu

Try going to school with non-whites and see how miserable it is for yourself.

>fucks up the spelling in a quote
lmao

Canadian uni, usually the only white guy in a class. It's fine.

>university ranking drops 22 spots in one year
>no mention of it by administration, but they do make sure to send "diversity" initiative emails
>graduate student union is shit and doesn't get anything done for students
>graduate student union makes sure to send an email about how they don't support some local pro-cop movement that has fuck all to do with graduate school
>campus has illegal immigrant group
>administration allowed students to organize and shut down trump rally earlier this year
>whole place is a ultra-left circlejerk where anyone with even slightly right views will be ostracized and targeted
what's funny is that urbana-champaign is a well respected school and this place is such a shithole.

Anyone have any experience with NJIT?

I've heard mixed things about it, if you're looking into NJ I would probably have to recommend Rutgers before NJIT as I looked into both and almost went to the former except it was way too goddamn expensive coming from another state. It's alright, but I'd look with heavy discernment into your department you're looking at.

D-do I qualify?

Do you qualify for what?

>Be Indian
>go to 41th best univ in the country and best in the state
>IT first year student right now
>univ only teaches physics, chemistry, maths, basic electrical engineering and C programming to first years, most of which is extremely irrelevant to the discipline and the industry. The real discipline related subjects start 2nd year onwards
>in C programming class
>still using Windows XP 32 bit on an i5-5k
>still using turbo C++ 3.0
>still teaching us an int data type is 2 bytes big
>extremely clerical curriculum, we have to write C programs in paper first, then get them checked from the professor, then finally type and execute the same shit on the computers to get full marks
>teachers can barely speak English, I don't know the local language either, so communication is very difficult
>teachers don't know shit for that matter
>99% of the time is spent in a classroom with negligible once a month club activities, nobody gives a shit about extracurriculars
>director is a tuk-tuk driver who eloped with the Chancellor's daughter, and now is our director

The memes are real
Never hire Indians without testing him out first
There are retard here who haven't ever used computers before. I feel sorry for them but it's 20 fucking 16, their fault for being retarded bookworms who can get 99/100 in theory examinations but can't even turn on a computer. These guys really treat computers like academic instruments, they literally think computers exist only to be used at corporate offices and have no place at home

>41th

In their defense, when you consider India has a population of 1.3 billion, that's not bad

i think hes saying it should be 41st

Any UC besides Riverside or Merced is fine.

Do you want a cute boyfriend??

>UCSC
>UCSB
>Fine

Haha try again

Anyone in:
Cornell
Columbia
NYU?

What's it like? Are you satisfied/what parts of it are shit? What are you studying?

UCSB is ranked higher than both Davis and San Diego, lol

Go away Davis/SD/SC, you're drunk

>>litterally excepts everyone
I can tell

My maths tutor is a comfy, redpilled 24 year old vindaloo who talks about anime with some students and uses Linux on his laptop.

nah bruh its fine, graduated last year and now im in a stem phd program ranked higher than mit for my field

>native tongue
You mean the tongue of their imperial overlords?

>Be Indian
POO

What course, and is Rivest still teaching?

Since Riffle has been proven broken in half an hour by a drunk TOR developer do onions trigger you?

pic related

CS program is pretty cool. Hands on, but understaffed cause every STEM major goes to Tech. SJW hive, hipster cucks as far as the eye can see, Saturdays get wild and the women are hot and wilder. 8/10

Fucking Mimi. Pic related

>go to some college
>hear about a computer engineering technology major, sounds cool
>it's 2 years of a EE/ME hybrid major and 2 years of a cluster fuck
>turns out there was a lot of strife in the department with professors going after each other
>last two years were nothing but a mix of classes, both old ones and new ones brought into the major
>was effectively a liberal arts major for anything IT related
>now 1+ years unemployed with no knowledge and no money for graduate school, if that's even worth it

Are you a nigger? I bet you're, fucking MIT nigger, do you even algebra?

ask me about monads :)