I get now why Javascript programmers are so salty...

I get now why Javascript programmers are so salty. Javascript is ass-backwards from literally every other programming language!

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fortune_500
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>t. unemployed neet who just learned how to do FizzBuzz in C and now thinks he's better than actually employed, productive, members of society.

1. Employed by a fortune 500 company
2. Know Java, PHP, Python, and C++
How are the college courses treating you kid?

>Muh javascript is the future, startups use it!

>fortune 500
So a literally who?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fortune_500

Who the fuck brags about being in the top 500. Did you also brag that you were in the top 500 of your high school class?

It's a measure of success.

>Hey look at me I got 493th place in this race!

Were a lot higher than that, bud.

Worst bait of the year

If you were you would have just said the name of the company in the first place instead of going on about this "Fortune 500" bullshit. The fact that you have to hide behind that label tells me where you work isn't even prestigious at all.

>I'm a janitor at Walmart
>I also did some codecademy courses on Java, PHP, Python, and C++

I'm a entry level developer for a fortune 25. There are middle level developers from literal nobody companies who could wreck my shit.

Kekkles

Exactly... Who cares where you work. Being a scrub at Google isn't as good as being the allstar at a small company about to be bought out by Google.

1/10

Hit home a little too hard? Are you a janitor at Target instead?

>implying the most successful companies hire scrubs

Failed but still trying. At least you've got drive.

Then prove me wrong.

Yeah the language sucks but I make a shit ton of money and didn't even have to go to college.

Ah, the argument of the college age kid in his parents basement. Nice try though.

Enjoy mopping those floors then janny.

It has become the new fad. Might last, might not.

It's been around for 20 years, the only language used for the front end, most popular in open source, is expanding to mobile and desktop native, etc etc...

It started out as a very simple language, the javascript used today is completely different than that of 20 years ago. Hell, up until node it was hardly used outside of page styling.

javascript is alright

im going through eloquent javascript which is a total pain to read (ambiguous language in text and exercises, poor pacing, teaches object-oriented programming in the most ass-backwards and enigmatic way I have ever seen in a programming book) but im having fun learning it and think its a great tool, if a little bit frustrating at times.