/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/License_compatibility#Copyleft_licenses_and_GPL
amazon.com/dp/B00KB4A2XA/
pcpartpicker.com/list/f7CPFd
ark.intel.com/products/88190/Intel-Core-i5-6300U-Processor-3M-Cache-up-to-3_00-GHz
ark.intel.com/products/88194/Intel-Core-i7-6500U-Processor-4M-Cache-up-to-3_10-GHz
lmgtfy.com/?q=how to list all users windows cmd
lmgtfy.com/?q=how to list all groups windows cmd
lmgtfy.com/?q=how to backup registry in windows cmd
lmgtfy.com/?q=linux directory structure
phonearena.com/phones/compare/honor-5X,Huawei-P8/phones/9648,9127
amazon.com/AMD-FD8350FRHKBOX-FX-8350-8-Core-Processor/dp/B009O7YUF6
us.msi.com/file/test_report/TR19_2887.pdf
amazon.com/D-Link-Wireless-AC1900-Gigabit-DIR-880L/dp/B00J8NCVX4/ref=sr_1_2/151-7999526-8569760?ie=UTF8&qid=1474652158&sr=8-2&keywords=d-link ac1900
amazon.com/Verizon-Router-Actiontec-MI424WR-Rev/dp/B00QGDLA5Y/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8
msi.com/Laptop/support/GS60-2QE-Ghost-Pro-4K-4.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What's the best browser for android

Firefox if you care about extensions / youtube background playing / botnet

Chrome otherwise

Could someone point me to a Type Cover for a Microsoft Surface Pro 3? As cheap as they might come? I don't trust myself to try and find it. I think I found something for 85$ but I don't know.

So long as it's not pink or purple, I'm game.

From the previous bread

Lets say I own a slim 3.55 or lower model.
I looked up a youtube tutorial on jailbreaking and the guy literally installed an update from his USB.
Is that all the work needed to jailbreak a 3.55 and lower? What if its lower than 3.55? Does CFW work equally on all of them as long as they're lower than 3.55?

Is WireShark still the gold standard for examining packets?

Or is there a new hotness?

firefox senpai

What's the current method for not paying for windows 10?

Yes. tshark for cli

kmspico is the only method

what is a good source to find news about vr development and technology?

I'm not a regular on this board, and I just built my first pc. Everything seems to be running fine, but I can't get anything to appear on my monitor. I haven't installed an os yet. What should I do or check?

Install gentoo

Is the monitor plugged in?

Lightning

Take out the RAM and stick it back in with some force.

Yeah, I picked up the wrong dvi, so it won't actually work with that monitor right now. So I'm trying to use the hdmi port on the motherboard with my TV. Just says no signal.

Ram is fully in.

I asked this in the last thread and got no answer.

How do I restore Windows 10's Quick Access "folder" to default view settings?

It used to show categories like libraries, drives, and recent/frequent files, with large icons for the first two, and small icons for the recent files. Now the icons are all mixed together and just sorted by name. It's retarded.

Normally I'd right click the folder and go to properties, or right click an empty space in it and change Group By. But there is no properties on Quick Access, and Group By is grayed out.

You sure? Make sure there's no wiggling at all.
I had the same problem and all it took was a metric fuck ton of force on the RAM to get the PC running.

I just clicked them in again, and nothing.

Take out the GPU and try again

If I write a small Python script that uses a system call to run GPL'd software in a background process, do I have to release my script under the GPL as well?

No, but you need to make sure your license is compatible with the GPL.

For example, for copyleft licenses:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/License_compatibility#Copyleft_licenses_and_GPL

Should I upgrade my i5 4690k to a Xeon E3-1231V3B? I have a GPU passthrough set up, and the extra threads would be nice. Is there anything else for LGA 1150 that would be better?

amazon.com/dp/B00KB4A2XA/

Here is my current rig:
pcpartpicker.com/list/f7CPFd

Eventually I want to get a dual CPU set up, so that I can pass through an entire socket, and run multiple VT-D VMs.

Not using it.

Using an unlicensed copy of a proprietary program is almost as bad as using a licensed copy of a proprietary program.

Also, Windows 7 was the last version of windows with a non fragmented UI, less spyware included, and a usable start menu search.

>compatible with the GPL

That means distributing my source code as well, right? Wouldn't bother since Python isn't compiled anyway.

If you write a small Python script, how do you plan on releasing it as closed source?

Or are you asking about something you want to make for your own use? If you're just using it yourself, you can do whatever you like. You only need to make the source as available as the product itself. If something is for only you and a couple friends, only those people need to be allowed to see the source. You can even link directly to GPL code.

I have an HDD with 2 partitions:

>1st partition I use as media storage for my windows7 SSD.

>2nd partition I have windows 8.1 when I tried it out a long time ago and I don't use it.

Basically I need to wipe that second partition to use the space now. Is there any problem with just deleting that partition with Gparted from a liveCD or the W7 iso? I don't exactly know what windows does but wouldn't it mess with windows boot when it looks for both installations to load?

No, I misread your comment. If you're just calling another program, there is no need to worry about GPL compatibility. (e.g. calling coreutils in your script)

GPL compatibility is handling of rights, not source visibility, though.

The extra threads are nice, especially if your end-game is to run concurrent VMs.

I am not sure if you can passthrough an entire socket to a VM. Have you read something which states you can?

I am also not sure if there is anything better, for a dual-socket setup. Xeons have a very bad price:performance ratio for the higher clock speeds, but a 4770k may be an option if the server chipset supports overclocking (it probably doesn't).

Do you just want to remove the partition and expand your Win7 media one? Even Win7's diskpart (if not diskmgmt.msc) should be able to delete the partition, then you can expand your media one in diskmgmt.msc. This way will remove the 8.1 install and give you all that space.

Or do you need to wipe the data so nobody can recover it with forensic tools?

>Computer unresponsive after sleep

I have sleep after X minutes disabled, but I have a remote control that puts it to sleep.

After that it's completely unresponsive, it won't even post,no bios, no lights or fan movement at all.

Desktop, win7

WOL has no effect, it's happened twice before and I just realised it was the remote. Comes good after a couple days. Really fucking confused.

That should be fine as long as your bootloader is not on that drive. I work at a computer repair store, and sometimes the windows installer will decide to put the bootloader on the wrong drive if you had both plugged in during your 7 install. If you do wipe it, you can rebuild it with a windows 7 install disk.

>If you write a small Python script, how do you plan on releasing it as closed source?

It's on a web server, you dummy. The Python script calls a GPL'd binary file, which is installed on the same server, and delivers the output as HTML back to the user. The Python script isn't (obviously) linked nor compiled to the binary but only depends on it as a system call. Does this mean I have to release the source code of my script?

No

What website do I use to torrent (private trackers not an option)

Are there any z170 motherboards with mSata slots or are they all m2 now, i'm looking to upgrade my system but i've still got this mSata SSD

Thanks.

mSATA is a dead standard. Just buy a PCIe -> mSATA adapter.

My current PC will be single CPU only. I was just thinking about getting this Xeon to hold me over for a few years. I will probably get a board with another socket when I save up enough to get a dual socket motherboard. Also, I think that Intel limits dual CPU motherboards to Xeon only. I have never overclocked my CPU even though I got the k part though.

There is an option in the QEMU config that lets you pass through an entire socket. My plan is to have a base GNU/Linux install with only free software, with a proprietary GNU/Linux VM for games and my windows 7 VM for games that don't support GNU/Linux. My base OS would sort of function as a hypervisor. Right now I have nonfree Nvidia drivers in my main GNU/Linux install for playing games. I want to keep all of the nonfree software in a cage where it can't hurt anyone.

>I'm trying to use the hdmi port on the motherboard with my TV

Remove the gpu when the hdmi is in the motherboard

The signal is going out of the GPU when it is hooked up, not the motherboard

turn off the PC before doing any of this.

rarbg.to

Careful what you download

Then it depends on whether you want to use the Xeon in your upcoming dual-socket build.

If you do, the E3-1231v3 is a good choice.
If not, then I'd try for a 4770k instead. The overclockability keeps it relevant for longer, if you're willing to put in the time to do it.

I just noticed that there's some type of orange buildup on the screws that hold one of my fans to my radiator. It wipes off but at the same time it kind of looks like rust. If it is leaking it's not even noticeable. There's no water that I can find or anything and it's still operating within normal temps. Should I be worried?

Disregard this, I just looked at the 4770k's product spec sheet, and it doesn't have support for VT-d (!)

Disregard this, I just looked at the 4770k's product spec sheet, and it doesn't have support for VT-d (!)

The 4790k does, though

it's for Cred Forumsuro actually

any commandline tool to download all image from Cred Forums with the user giver file name not number.jpeg?

What's a good way to save/record Snapchat pictures and videos without the other person knowing you were taking a screenshot?

xposed modules

Thanks, I will look into that.

With my current CPU I can play games, but when my friend and I start playing games at the same time (one in the host, one in the guest), occasionally the CPU usage will hit 100% and things will start to stutter. I think that more cores/hyperthreading would probably fix that.

How do I make an educated choice when choosing the CPU for my next laptop?
What are the benefits of an i7 over an i5 if it's going to be an ultra low voltage?

Pic related.

what is the regex for a space surrounded by alphabet letters?

e.g. "123123123123 John Mayer 131231231" finds "n M"

Use the Intel ARK to compare specs

ark.intel.com/products/88190/Intel-Core-i5-6300U-Processor-3M-Cache-up-to-3_00-GHz
ark.intel.com/products/88194/Intel-Core-i7-6500U-Processor-4M-Cache-up-to-3_10-GHz

Now, you may be asking, "Isn't $200 way too fucking much for 1MB of cache and 300MHz?"

The answer, of course, being "Yes."

grep -oE "[a-zA-Z] [a-zA-Z]" ?

Thank. What's the point of the extra GHz if it's going to stay idle most of the time? (Plus considering these are underclocked versions)
Also, in which scenario would the i7 6500U be effectively needed?

Chrome is the only right answer

>What's the point of the extra GHz if it's going to stay idle most of the time?

Extracting money from wallets from gullible consumers who don't know better

>Also, in which scenario would the i7 6500U be effectively needed?

There isn't a specific scenario. It's just better. But it's not $200 better.

When did (USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST) stop being a thing?

Never. Mods just don't make 99% of bans public

When mods got lazy and just deleted the thread/post, instead of doing their actual job, moderating, not destroying, threads/posts

TL;DR SJW took over

I was hoping there was was a reason beside "let's make more money" being this set of available CPUs.
The "funny" thing is that lenovo don't let you order more RAM if you don't take the most expensive CPU.

is there a jhead equivalent for png?

Yeah, they're just jewing you. Both the i5 6200U and the i7 6600U have a 32G max.

The only feature difference between the 6200U / 6600U is Trusted Execution Technology, which is of dubious use

Dolphin

Yeah, I say some pics of ISIS beheading a few days ago.

They also don't let you order more than 16G of RAM.
It's kinda sad that one needs to verify if he's not gonna get scammed at every steps and eventually have to buy parts from tiers.

A friend of mine asked me to recommend him a pc. he's a plumber and he needs it for work. Budget is €400, up to €500 (i'm in italy).
Sadly thinkpads are not an option, he needs one of those laptops that can become tablets. Like the microsoft surface, but more like the lenovo yoga tablet.
How can i choose the best? Just benchmarks? How can i know who has the best build quality? What models can i choose from? Do anons use this kind of computer? Any good / bad experiences to share?
Thanks.

What is media server and why is it draining a fuck ton of battery? I haven't had this issue before.

Planning to order some Sennheiser 558's for my desktop, Would it need an amp and if so, which amp would be the most appropriate for it?
Who makes the best HDD's? Also need new storage and room for vidya

if you want to screenshot in a normal language
we might be able to help you

Take your sdcard out it drains your battery life.1

Do you have a lot of media files? Are they recently added? Maybe it's scanning them. Or are you using the phone to play music and videos? That would do it too.

The uppermost thing in the battery screen is the media server.

But my photos are on my sd card, and it hasn't done this before.

I have a lot of photos, but haven't added particularly much recently, nothing out of the ordinary. Also, I havent watched videos or listened to music. As I said I have not had this issue before.

Let's say I have a reverse tcp shell running and I am connected to someones computer. What could I do. Like are there any good commands to run that can give me any info? I already know how to get wifi name, wifi passwords, users and email usernames. Is there anything else that I can do?

Where should I open a new email account for junk that requires you to sign up? I don't want to use gmail or hotmail as it kinda requires you to have some sort of association with real world.

literally google it

I have but nothing was coming up. Decided to check if anyone here knows any good commands.

>mail.com
easily one of the worst online email providers.
send all your dragon dildo weeklies to them.

on linux, target wpa-supplicant / /etc/groups / /etc/passwd

on windows, learn how to use `net` and dump the registry

Any links or ways I can find out how to do this?

lmgtfy.com/?q=how to list all users windows cmd
lmgtfy.com/?q=how to list all groups windows cmd
lmgtfy.com/?q=how to backup registry in windows cmd
lmgtfy.com/?q=linux directory structure

>Cred Forumseeks

What do you mean by the worst?

Also not me, a friend wants to receive dildo weeklies.

>already new that
>already new that
>Why would I back up the registry?
>already new that

Whats the best webm player?

I don't want to play them in browsers or media players. I want something like image eye that will just play a webm in its native resolution, preferable borderless.

>not Cred Forumsentooboos

TL;DR: what are accepted values for KEYTABLE?

Using openSUSE LEAP 42.1 with Belgian AZERTY Apple Pro keyboard.

I have set the correct keyboard layout in Settings Manager, but naturally this only takes effect after I've logged in to Xfce.

To effect the correct keymapping earlier, I tried to change the KEYTABLE value in /etc/sysconfig to "be" (default is "us") but this hasn't worked, so I assume my syntax is wrong.

Is there a list of acceptable KEYTABLE values? My google-fu has only informed me that they may look like "de-lat1-nd" but I don't understand what that represents.

What's the best, most reliable, secure cloud service? I want to back up photos and I find I'm constantly losing memories by not having one. I want to look back on my life one day, so a cloud service + HDD seems to be the best answer.

Thanks in advance.

The web interface is a steaming pile of inconvenient shit and they want you to pay for IMAP or POP3 access.

Should I upgrade my monitor from a 24 inch 1080p budget LG IPS display to a 1440p display or should I step right up to 4K? Thinking about buying an LG 27UD68-P 4K IPS monitor.

What's the largest size external HDD should I get ? going to get either the 3, 4 or 5TB

May as well future proof yourself. I say go for it. 4k will be the new standard eventually. Not a lot of content yet, but YouTubers seem to be adapting quite fast to 4k shooting. 8k won't be around for a while.

>>>/usr/share/kbd/keymaps/

Fugg... Yep, that's what I was looking for. Thanks, user!

what the other guy says, 4K isn't really prevalent for much right now except for select games, youtube and netflix. futureproof yourself until 8K comes, which will be a while

in my experience there's more bang for your buck going from 1080p to 1440p, rather than 1080-4k.

1440p144hz or 4k, they will cost about the same

Smooth motion vs smooth picture, depends on your preference

I did a fresh install of windows 10 on a laptop
to backup their stuff I took the hdd out and connected it to my desktop
i copied everything i needed to
when I go back onto the laptop, nothing is there

I have hidden folders disabled etc

wtf is going on?
I dont want to do it over the network its going to take ages

What's a decent and free vpn service? I just want to buy shit through origin and don't want to use hola.
Is softether decent and safe? Need to connect to south korea btw.

Thanks all.

>decent
>free
>vpn
pick two

How do I make a visible GUI for C++ or Java, instead of a console application?

Like, buttons and images.

I want to compile 64-bit C code with Emacs.

Does this look like the correct file to download?
emacs-25.1-x86_64-w64-mingw32.zip

It has "mingw32" and "w64" which seems like mixed signals.

Holy shit. I have that same post snapshotted.

Do center channel speakers make a noticeable difference for movies, or should I just stick with stereo?

In light of KA being taken down I resorted to new sites. This has gotten me some malware so I installed malwarebytes but it's still not enough. What are some other good programs to remove malware?

Can I replace the fans on this without removing the heatsink? (same fans).

DBAN

Probably, just look where its screwed in.
This assumes you have a replacement fan assembly, otherwise you'll have to do some jury-rigging.

Getting a x99 build.

Which mobo shall I go with, Asus X99 Pro or Asrock X99 Taichi?

I don't feel like reformatting though.

Well enjoy your malware

How does a gen 1 i7 compare to the new pentiums?

Skylake desktop pentium would stomp it in single thread, Nehalem i7 would slightly edge it out in multithreaded.

I don't know why this might or might not be frowned upon, but is it okay if my functions take in input instead of sending passing the input from the main?

C++ btw.

I had these sleep state issues on nearly every computer that I ever used it on. Thinking this shit's just universally buggy or something.

X99 A II

Running a private server, want to host some personal cloud storage on it that makes it relatively simple. What software Cred Forums?

Owncloud if you're competent with Linux admining

Pretty much exactly what I was looking for thanks.

My old desktops' motherboard stopped working due to this, guess it kinda got stuck in computer coma and never woke up

getairmail.com
Temporary email for this exact purpose. I know there's guerillamail as well but the addresses on getairmail.com seem to change often and aren't detected by spam filters.

>
> youtube background playing

YouTube app + YouTube Background Playback Xposed module

I need bluetooth and wifi, so no. And no deluxe, because it doesn't have a PS2 port.

It's really one of these 2.

Is there a way to modify hosts file to do something like this:

mywebsite.com/* thiswebsite.com/*

Where the wildcard is preserved, the only thing that's changed is the hosts name and not all the foldering/file/path of the URL.

I wouldnt say its the best but it fills certain needs

Are there any good alternatives to EasyDefine?

Should I even bother with IceCat?

Can I change my firefox language somehow without installing it again? Its in spanish right now and I want it ot be in english, I know there are language packs on the addons site of mozilla but its outdated.

In laymans terms, what mechanically happens when you encrypt a disc? I'm doing so now and it isn't using more RAM or CPU usage to do so, it has me interested in what's actually physically involved in the process.

The end result is effectively the same, so why do you even ask? It's simply a question of what you're doing and why.

Its rearranging the bits on the drive to the encrypted state

Opera 36

Hello, my Asus k501ux is stuck in Aptio setup utility. I managed to boot it up twice in last few days, but it went back to asu again. I don't know what to do and any help would be appreciated!

Disability functions upgrade.

I've gotten 11 calls today from different numbers, all having called the wrong number. What's going on here and what do?

Yes, but what's involved in doing so?

Probably got some of your info sold on a website you listed it on.

Best Image viewer for windblows, I was using infarnview but it's so fucking ugly and cramped.

Read 001010011
Write 101100010

>Reset router
>You are banned

But what reconfigures the bytes? What manages this process? It can't simply be that kind of physical obfuscation or else accessing the data would be much more difficult than it is.

Why is it so absurdly difficult to find your external IP address on Windows? I'm beginning to think it literally CAN'T be done without using some kind of 3rd party intermediary.

It reads the data, puts it through the encryption algorithm, and then overwrites the old data

Why shouldn't i buy a big TV as a computer monitor?

Also what does 1000Hz mean on a TV? This has to be something different than those 60Hz or 144Hz of Computer monitors, right?

What do you mean when you say it? How does software accomplish this if no RAM or CPU process is involved?

And if it's completely rewriting the old data, why doesn't it occupy more storage?

Maybe this is obvious and I'm just retarded but I really can't fathom it...

What is the difference between a collision domain and a broadcast domain?

The process is limited by your drive speed so throwing more CPU at it won't help. It doesn't need more space because it's the same data just with the order rearranged.

Are window sizes stored in registry?
If so where exactly, or rather is there software to let me edit them?

Linux/ Ubuntu 16.04 newbie here.

Is possible to open firefox in terminal and then close that terminal without closing firefox?

Also why is it that sometimes when I access /media/usernName/Data\ disk it says the directory doesn't exist, but after me clicking through folders and opening a file it is available?

i'm starting with c, can i do it in visual studio?

My loungeroom PC that I let everybody use got one of those yondoo searchbar/homepage/whatever malwares. It also seems to have installed aMule.

What the fuck would it want with aMule?

Linux does not detect my nvidia hdmi audio output. There are no devices shown under the aplay -l, aplay -L or lspci as a nvidia audio device. I installed nvidia proprietary driver.

Response times, mainly. A TV can feel leggy because of long response times, noticeable especially if you play gaymes.

The Hz still means refresh rate, but they cheat: they take usual refresh rates like 30Hz but interpolate extra frames in between to simulate a smoother picture. Dunno how well it works, never used one IRL. Also it necessarily causes more lag, since frame 2 has to be processed before frame 1 can be shown.

dear Cred Forums:
I have to shit PCs with one gpu to share, and i need to think up whats best for a modern web browser.
One pc is an athlon 64 x2 5000+ with 8gb ddr2 800mhz ram (2GBx4) On a gigabyte motherboard that i cannot give you model now.
Second is a Intel Quad Q8200 with a gigabyte ga-g31m-s2l which can use max of 4GB ram ddr2, max 1033Mhz.
I have 4 sticks of 800Mhz ddr2 ram, an asus gt 9600 gpu and 2 (maybe 3) working PSUs , one 300W and second 350W.
I think that the quad setup will be better, but if i was able o OC the ram to 1033 MHz. The question appears - does Cred Forums know if i can OC the RAM on this CPU/mobo or is it impossible because RAM is rated at 800MHz?
The pc is not for gaming by the way, literally just web browsing, i may even install Debian on it.

Another thing is that the GPU fan is running at max speed whole time on the athlon mobo, not sure if its messed up by bios or something. I remember it working normally on the intel.

TL;DR
2 core athlon 5000+ with 8gb ram vs 4 core intel q8200 with 4gb ram for web browsing?

I have a Linksys E1200 V2 (ddwrt with stock settings) connected to a cable modem. My computer has a cable running to the E1200.
My question is in regards to speed. With a direct connection to the modem, speeds average out to 110Mbps. However, with a cable running from the E1200 speed drops to about 50Mbps. I have disabled WiFi and QoS and the issue is still there.
How to fix, Cred Forums?

X201 or E6400 for uni? CS student

Bump, please help

ipconfig didn't work for you?

Ah i see. Thank you, user.

Try that option that says save & exit.

What is a bootable program to put on a usb stick that will check my harddrive for errors?

It only returns your local IP.

ipconfig /all

Is there a downside to being temporarily over my credit limit on a card? (The issuer does not charge any specific fees for being over the limit.)

how easy is to repartition my filesystem to add some memory to root? using arch

doesn't work just gives the usual 192.xxx router shit

post partition table

I have 4-5 TB of content, documents, data etc... that I would like to store in an online space i.e. not in a pair of external HDDs.
As I understand it my options are mostly confined to things like cloud services and NAS servers?
if going cloud, is there a cheap, reliable online backup service available or recommended by Cred Forums??
or is there another, better way to store??
what are my options??
cheers lads.

>believing in the cloud
Man, you're this new.
Set up your own NAS.

What IRC client should I use for Windows? I want to expose myself to more autism and this means finally biting the IRC bullet.

cp

Goddamnit.

Pic related, the install info

I need a translator

self-bumping.
haaallllppp, anons.

Is it normal for a graphics card (3rd party seller) to come in nothing sealed, just the whole thing naked wrapped in newspaper.

dude just threw the CD in with it as well, not putting it in any kind of case. Is this abnormal or to be expected?

I'm too lazy to do that, but google translator allows you to draw those kanji

I didn't want to make a thread about it so I'll ask it here.

How much would you pay for a used GTX 980? Given that you can buy RX470 4GB and GTX 1060 3GB for $170 right now.

What would you pay to get a used GTX 980? Or rather what's a fair price based on the performances/utility of the cards.

I own a Hiawei P8.

The device is great, but I fell in love with the nexus 5x I bought to my mom.

The P8 has 3 gigs of Ram while the 5x has only 2, but's running smooth as fuck.

Essentially, if I buy a 5x, am I downgrading? Am I a retard??

Icecat

phonearena.com/phones/compare/honor-5X,Huawei-P8/phones/9648,9127

Difference seems to primarily about the CPU/GPU combo and the OS (Android 5 v 6)

I'd try rooting/upgrading to Android 6 on the P8 first to make sure its not just the OS difference. Before that, you can even try resetting to factory default and trying to see if that fixes the slowness/bloatyness. Rooting will help alot.

If neither factory reset nor the rom upgrade to Android 6 smoothes things out, then its probably the CPU/GPU combo issue. Although on paper it looks stronger, it might have driver issues/quality issues(this is still a guess only and even after you've exhausted other options).

I used an OCR site to get it and then ran it through translate.

I felt like a character from Mr. Reddit

pc and shower head electrecute me slightly, is that a grounding issue? even if i unplug everything pc case still electricutes me. what do?

learn to levitate

Just small static right?

Just put a mat under your chair or something so when you step on it, it drains your extra charge.

bypassing the problem and not solving
small static,yep. i wanna solve it tho. i think it makes my seasonic make all kinda noises, from clicky to static like. very noticable aswell.

If its noisy, then its grounding issues. Lots of noise is electrostatic leaking from the cables somewhere in the line.

Why are wemb not working on clover?

When i connect my ps4 to the tv,it says no signal.I already tried replacing hdmi cable and checking the hdmi port,nothing changed.Anyone have any idea what should i do or should i just send it back to get it fixed?

yes, upgrade to PC. console peasant.

i actually regret not building a cheap gaming rig that could outperform ps4 in almost every way.learn from my mistakes kids,always prefer pc to console

If you use your ISP's DNS server on a VPN does the request come from your bare IP or the VPN?

Is it a bad idea to use the same rsa keypair for multiple authentications? ie for two different servers?

Is win10 worth the spyware it comes with? Compared to win7. The task manager is nice, and I guess some other new features are too.

How do you get a network unlock code for a mobile phone?

I have a wireless USB stick that I plug into my desktop to connect to my router. The internet speed on my desktop is much, much slower than what I'm getting on my laptop and my phone. Is it a problem with the stick, or something else? Could there be a signal issue? What fucking do?

drivers.

electrocute means you die you spastic

They are working

Is there any way to force HTTPS in qutebrowser?

vpn

the spyware isn't exclusive to windows 10

I've already got the most recent drivers installed.

RSBrowser is significantly faster than FF and chrome

So, last night my BLU Life xl turned off randomly and flicked back on, when it came back on, the apps on the SD card weren't reading even though it detected the card.
After >9000 minutes on google I still haven't found a solution.

not if you have a dns leak

your card is dead/dying

install old ones, sometimes new drivers screw up devics.

well fuck... I was hoping that wasn't the case.

> >9000
KYS

So my computer will not turn off when I try to shut it down, it just keeps restarting itself. I've tried going into device manager and go to the power management tab on my ethernet cord, mouse, keyboard, everything that could cause this and deselcted the option to "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" and "Allow this device to wake the computer" and it still continues to restart itself. I've even gone into the Bios and changed the power management settings there, and it still continues to restart itself. I'm out of ideas, can somebody figure this out?

When booting from a Windows 7 USB installation media the file \windows\system32\boot\winload.efi is not found. The drive has been formatted with Rufus with a 64bit image. Wat do?

>installing windows 7 on a laptop for a friend
>spend about 2 hours trying various fixes for windows asking for a CD/DVD drive driver when the laptop doesn't even have a CD/DVD drive
>find out that win 7 can't into USB 3.0
>all ports are 3.0
>manage to add USB 3.0 driver to installation files
>it still asks for CD/DVD drive driver, USB 3.0 works though
What am I doing wrong? Except installing windows, that is. Now I'm downloading all drivers for that laptop to see if windows will be satisfied by it.

Anyone else have a broken WiFi after the latest update for openSUSE Tumbleweed

>What am I doing wrong? Except installing windows, that is.

I dont understand... why are humans so illogical?

I am having problems with my SSD and a flash drive and I was hoping you could help.
On my SSD I have some unallocated space, but it wont let me extend either of the other partitions.
ON my flashdrive it suddenly went from an 8gb normal drive to a 64 MB RAW, and I don't know what the fuck to do about that

ssd: you can't extend an active partition. you need to use a bootable tool like gparted

flash drive: try creating a new partition table

pls help

buy a new iMac.

Oh, and in case it matters: I'm booting the installer from an SD card; GPT partition scheme and fat32 partition.

What do you mean?

Fuck it, I just got rid of the stick and ran a cable from the router to my computer. This is MUCH better.

It says it's connected, but the icon on the taskbar is grey with a yellow question mark.

I have no Internet. It's the same when I try tethering my mobile network.

I have a Dell Optiplex case that I want to build a new computer into

the thing is, I don't want to cripple my new build with shitty airflow

how bad is it gonna affect the computer?

it's not an iMac

oh duh why didn't I think of gparted silly me
how does one create a new partition table?

well then its time to upgrade.

To create a new partition table one must format the drive

when I try to format it I get the error the format did not complete successfully

Please help me in my search for enlightment Cred Forums

you might want to contact the hacker known as Cred Forums

Use the two 4 gig sticks on the core 2 quad system and use that.

one of these bastards

Use gparted/fdisk/diskpart/rm/format/tossing Your drive out of the window and buying a new one asap

This is a computer that I built myself a couple months ago and now it's not letting me turn it off because everytime it automatically restarts itself. Any help would be appreciated.

I'm starting to freak out guys. I know it's a rolling release, but why would they break my WiFi?

How does Cred Forums feel about modern logitech keyboards?
I know you guys have a hard on about mechanical keyboards, but I just want a keyboard to plug into my thinkpad's USB port and use with a logitech mouse

I can't do shit. Two days ago I got malware and everything worked normal. I ran scans with malwarebytes and it found shit and removed it. Today I can't even go on websites like I'm getting session hijacked.The most I can do is go on google and search Cred Forums.org/g/ and click spam the link until it works.

What else can I fucking use besides malwarebytes.

DBAN

run ifconfig -a, post output

Ultra newfag for programming here, I've always been stuck on where to start learning. I have general html knowledge but i don't know what the next easiest step is.

Good. Wireless is ass. You'll be better off running a cable to all your devices.

I have a gigabit switch in my room that I plug all my shit into

have you restarted?

Happened to me like 2 years ago. I believe I just downloaded the file online and added it.

automate something with python

Added it where, the ESD/WIM?

Are you booting from disc or usb?

USB

I don't see anything new there. Seems okay.

More than once.

do you have a hardware key for enabling/disabling your wifi you may have hit on accident?

Found automatetheboringstuff com

Good starting point or no?

try running sudo wpa_supplicant -B -i [your wifi interface] -c /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf

yes

Try to repair or win upd8 then try booting. How reliable is the source you got the copy from?

If that was the case I wouldn't be able to view networks and connect to them.

What's my WiFi configuration?

Windows update is out of the question, as i've got a severely crippled windows 10 system (which is where i'm trying to install 7). The copy is some repackaged shit i got from some rigatoni-speaking site via torrent. Repair might be an option, but i'm not sure how it could affect my USB stick from booting.

Somebody please help me, I am new to coding.

do people here actually like anime or is it a meme like gentoo?

So my computer wont shut down, whenever I try to shut it down my computer just restarts. Any idea how to fix this?

>What's my WiFi configuration?
what do you mean

what the fuck

I don't know C# but I'm pretty sure

PentagonHack == "Yes && y && yes"

should be:

PentagonHack == "Yes" || PentagonHack == "y" || PentagonHack == "yes"

now figure out the rest

Am I supposed to put in my WiFi password and shit in there or something?

does this cpu work with my toaster?
amazon.com/AMD-FD8350FRHKBOX-FX-8350-8-Core-Processor/dp/B009O7YUF6

no. We'll get to that in a second.

Just run the command sudo wpa_supplicant -B -i [your wifi interface] -c /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf and post the output.

If it says something like "successfully initialized wpa_supplicant" then we're on the right path.

your interface should be something like wlan0 or wlp3s0
I would be able to tell you but you're not posting the output of anything.

lmgtfy

us.msi.com/file/test_report/TR19_2887.pdf

yes

also if it says it's for windows only, does that mean it won't work on linux?

It says successfully initialized. Interface name is wlp2s0, and it has hwaddr and inet6 stuff as expected.

Sorry, but I'm on my phone. Posting long outputs would take all day since I'll have to type them in by hand.

>Bought a new motherboard because problems
>Some problems with booting, but got around them eventually managed to install motherboard drivers
>Installed windows 7, and downloaded/installed some updates so it can properly install more updates
>Partway through installing them, PC suddenly shuts off and will not boot
>Monitor gets no signal, mouse isn't lit up, but only the keyboard does

Any ideas? I'm starting to think that maybe I should just get a thinkpad................

He said "new"

I think I might be able to connect through IPs actually.

Something's wrong with DNS on my computer.

What are some neat things I can do with a Chromebook, other than chroot Loonix?

With
netconfig update -f

I'm now able to access sites again. Weird.

What router should I buy for gamean, netflix n chill, and other assorted normie home needs?

Im inside my neighbors wifi what kind of options do i have available to me

About to move into a new apartment and ordered Verizon FiOS (the 50/50 plan). I don't want to be jewed with rental fees every month, so I'm trying to buy a router compatible with FiOS that will just werk.

Also, would it be best to have my own router waiting on the day the service guy comes, or should I wait for him to install the rental, then cancel the rental a few days later and plug mine in?

mitm

I have an apache server running on an install of debian. I forwarded my ports to it I think?? This fucking router is complete bs. It's not working though. Getting timed out connections and canyouseeme.org is getting timed out too.

Is this worth it for Adobe shit and vidya?

>pre-built
>Best Buy

I know, but fuck it

What are the best ways to reduce battery consumption?

Change HDD for SSD.
LED backlight.
Lower the brightness.
Disable useless hardware(camera, DVD, etc).

What else?

PowerTOP.

Adwcleaner.

Then if it fails DBAN and reinstall.

Where do I go to "get more into programming" after college?

Math major, but took a comp sci sequence (3 semesters) in Java because I thought it'd be interesting and I found programming to be really fun and would like to pursue it further. Now I'm in graduate school and was wondering if there were some nice textbooks or online resources for the subject the way there is for math or physics.

code combat

So my computer wont shut down, whenever I try to shut it down my computer just restarts. Any idea how to fix this?

Like should I buy this or is it a piece of feces?

amazon.com/D-Link-Wireless-AC1900-Gigabit-DIR-880L/dp/B00J8NCVX4/ref=sr_1_2/151-7999526-8569760?ie=UTF8&qid=1474652158&sr=8-2&keywords=d-link ac1900

Anybody actually know a thing or two about port forward on this pos router? I'm about to put a bullet in my fucking head.

can you reach the site internally?

Hi, so i decompiled the latest SDR# version to fuck a bit around with it, and maybe learn something.
However, if i build and run it, the audio ouput and waterfall/spectrum are all choppy. It plays the demodulated audio for like 50ms, and then it fucks up. (No Audio output; it just like repeats the last FFT line from the waterfall for like 150ms "lag").
Decreasing the Audio Buffer seems to affect the audio play- and "lag" time.
It also got this bump on the right side (see pic, waterfall and spectrum); There seems to be some kind of offset somewhere, because if i do "I/Q Input form soundcard", the actual signal is at -15 kHz and the bump stays constant on the right side of the spectrum. (Also, the audio and spectrum aren't fucking choppy if i do I/Q from soundcard.)

Last month i decompiled SDRSharper (A shitty and fucked up copy of an old version), and it worked flawlessly. (I just had to fix the decompiler output)

Should I use Kawaii Codec Pack or MPV just for watching anime?

Is cryptomator a good tool for encrypting files before uploading to dropbox/gdrive/etc? Does anyone have recommendations?

CCCP works for pretty much everything

icecat from fdroid

Uncompressed 7zip with password and hidden files is all you need
There's not a quantum computer trying to crack your loli hentai

It it possible that my GPU is preventing my PC from booting?

I have a good power supply and replaced the motherboard, but shit's not booting whatsoever. (It does power up though)

hexchat

Looking for micro usb cord + wall plug for my mom. I know I want something with 2 amps because otherwise it wont charge the tablet fast enough.

Is it the cable or the plug that determines how many amps get through? If its only the plug, then will any shitty micro usb cord do the trick?
Otherwise is there a specific brand you'd recommend on amazon?

does it beep?

It's alright if you want the adobe bull shit and some mediocre vidya.

but if anything more than that
> don't fucking buy pre-built

Please lads. After some more research, would this one work? Could I just shove this in the face of the FiOS man when he arrives and request that he get me set up on it? I just don't want to waste my money.

amazon.com/Verizon-Router-Actiontec-MI424WR-Rev/dp/B00QGDLA5Y/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

>APU
Hope you don't plan on emulating anything

Do I need to buy one of those 2k USD tape drives to start backing data up to tape spools?

I'm not interested in any AAA games, I just want to play overwatch, a few indie games, and make shitty photoshop edits, maybe do some video editing

Anyone?

Elaborate, I don't into computers

I can still run gba and DS, right?

Yeah just not ps2, gc, or wii

>no shitty AAA games
>Overwatch

son...

Nope. At most the keyboard light comes on (I just noticed that it's still on despite the PC being powered off, WTF. Just went and turned it off at the mains.) but not the monitor or mouse.

> Overwatch
> not shitty AAA
I have bad news for you familia...

but that aside it should run it fine on low-medium? Overwatch is more CPU dependent so ehhh

did it usually beep? the absence of a beep could also tell you something (look up the beep codes in that case).

otherwise check the cables and try a different port. if all fails, it's either the motherboard or the gpu. get an old gpu and test your system with that before you buy expensive new parts.

Can anyone tell me anything about the 1080 Palit Premium edition?Never looked into their cards but it looks pretty nice for my build.

I have this issue with my monitor. I got this 1440p monitor recently (Benq GW2765).

Whenever I turn on the monitor, it seems my computer thinks it has been disconnected and connected back and moves ALL of my windows and taskbar to the 1440p monitor off of my 1080p monitor (Dell P2414H). Both monitors are using Displayport on my 980ti. This issue has occurred in WIndows 7/8/10, Ubuntu, Linux Mint. Tried different cables, but haven't tried HDMI or DVI yet.

Is there any solution to this or is the monitor just shit?

I should mention that my more recent setups do not beep since they did not accomodate those beeping speaker things you stick on your motherboard. But normally you could hear the HDD start spinning up and gaining speed as it boots up with the keyboard and mouse lighting up. This time there is a delay and I would have to wait an awkward amount of time for it to boot. I seem to be running into one problem after another.

I thought it was a motherboard issue so I replaced that. But now I'm led to believe that it might be the GPU. Because a previous setup got fucked over the moment it installed some new graphics drivers. (That was the original problem, followed by several others)

Sorry I was at work. In that case, try getting a more legit copy. Not like the copy you have is dangerous but it could just be corrupted. Maybe also dangerous... But anyway, the repair could replace that file. I don't think it'd hurt to try since you said it was crippled at this point.

Well, HDMI works just fine. Must be an issue with Displayport, I assume?

Any 802.11ac router will work fine dude. Depending on your range needs you can get a cheap one. Don't get a shitty one but you really don't need a 300 Belkin and 5 antennas

That's happened to me before, turns out my display setting were all fucked so I just fixed it. Was running wandows tho

I think mine needs to have a coax port for FiOS, which somewhat limits my options. Apparently if they ran CAT5 to my apartment I would have more options router-wise, but I'd lose out on basic cable function. Thanks though.

>Try getting a ore legit copy
Well, that could be an option, but my internet is really, REALLY shitty, and it took me days to download any windows iso.
I actualy looked again over the internet for some solution, and i may have fucked up the process: i'll try using the boot.wim files instead.
The copy looks legit, even though it's a repackaged multi x64 iso, What makes me think so is that many rigatoniggers are seeding right now.
I'll be trying right now.

>chrome/google won't let me delete the credit card info somehow managed up saved
What the FUUUUUUUUUCKKK????????? This is easy as fuck to abuse and they won't let me rid of it???

Hey Cred Forums

Picked up a display model lappy relatively cheaply in Japan recently, and I want to find out if I can put my spare 2.5" ssd in it as a second drive.

This is my laptop
msi.com/Laptop/support/GS60-2QE-Ghost-Pro-4K-4.html

I always get copies from friends in IT. Let me know what happens

>using google products

Fucking disgusting

Is there another bay on the inside for a second drive?
If no, you're gunna have to buy a dongle

Fuck I forgot about that. I have fios but I use their router. I would say go for it. Their router is really nice aesthetically and you can host both 2 and 5ghz bands simultaneous :D

I cant tell from the specs page, it says super raid and all this option, or ssd and 1tb hd etc, mine is just ssd only model, and they dont have dvd drives etc, so Im thinking its a possibility, one of the ssd options is pci-e stick too and m2.

It's like 6 screws to open up a laptop. Take a peek you'll have your answer immediately. If it's raid then you probably can't add your own drive

Thanks lad. Pulling the trigger on the MI424WR Rev I, then.

That didn't work, the usb throws the same error, 0xC0000359.
Fuck, not even that manual ransomware removal i did once was this hard.
I can try asking around if anyone has a 7 64bit cd, but that's unlikely since they either run toasters or botnet 10.
I'll hit the sack today, i'll try again Tomorrow, after some good sleep. I'm not gonna give up this easily over UEFI.

Looked up the internal ssd, pic related comes up searching for the part number

Holy fuck I solved it.

I started to wonder if the windows installer even had drivers for the card reader (since it would display a pendrive when searching for drivers, but not the reader) so I got a pendrive and did all that I had done earlier, but with the pendrive instead. It still didn't work but after a few attempts I noticed that the pendrive didn't always copy the files properly (copy, eject, plug in, files are missing) so I got another pendrive AND IT FUCKING WORKED. Why am I so unlucky when installing windows?... It always takes me at least a few hours because something doesn't work and windows errors are so misleading (last time it said that files are corrupt or missing, turned out to be faulty RAM).

Lol I used to charge people $80 to remove the fbi ransomware. Shit was the easiest ransomware I've ever removed

I have a win7 pro 64bit on a flashdrive. I would upload it for you but I'm busy as Fuck today. Assuming it's late where you are so ill check back later tonight and see if you post. Sleep tight homie

If that's the one in your lappy then it's highly possible there's another slot. Are you not able to pop open your laptop?

Thanks, it's late and the thread reached the bump limit, and i think it won't make it to tomorrow. I'll post in the next one. Thanks for your help so far.

Is it possible that a laptop doesn't work with windows 7 on with newer OS?

I've bough this notebook a few months ago without an OS. Been running on linux since. But now I want to install win 7, and it says "no device drivers detected", all the original drivers I find on the website says win 8.1

You pay somebody for one.

I just did a fresh install of Xubuntu but for some reason no matter what I do the wifi drivers don't work and I can't figure out why