Other urls found in this thread:

ptcl.com.pk/Home/PageDetail?ItemId=124&linkId=175
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Chinkland
>$68USD
will get free upgrade to 1000 down 500 up on the 1st of october

>23ms

are you even ftth?

1gb/s seems overkill considering the price. I'm doing just fine with my measly 11mb/s with no data cap for €12/$13 a month.

Is it worth the price? Or the alternative is just that bad?

$80/mo isn't that bad. I'm paying $55/mo for pic related, if given the option I'd get fiber in a heartbeat.
>tfw Seattle, despite trying to be high tech city, is so locked up in idiotic bureaucracy that widespread fiber won't happen for 10+ years

>Arizona
>don't know, I live with my parents who handle all that

Shitty speedtest server that's a few hours away
Alternative is comcast@ 150Mbps down 15Mbps up for $60. Also, I couldn't live on 11Mbps. Do you just download stuff before you go to bed and leave it on overnight? I can download a full movie or a game in about 2 minutes usually.

>11Mbps

No, 11mb/s which is 90Mbps.

Best package available in bumfuck nowhere. I live closer to a military base than I do a town.

ping is shit tho

Indiana
$45/m

>nz
>west coast US speedtest server

why lol

I looked at the internet plans, it's $100 a month.

Lithuania. About 6 €. Shity wifi router. It is faster with cable.

>tfw just switched from cable to ADSL

70 or 80 a month, I forget.

Friend, britbong here has to pay £40 (60$) for 0.5mb/s...

It comes as a package with sky tv. Stillshit.

You are like a little baby, watch this
>LAGG

Holy fuck my ass boy!

My connection at 50kb/s. Small island off east western Asia.

looool virgini A loooolz virgins

>it's another "op just got a 1 gbits connection and feels the need to show off to people on an anonymous imageboard" thread

burgerland
30$/month for 0.7mb down/0.1 up
50-75gb data cap (they downgrade to 0.3/0.1)

>Border of Hungary
>Free because it comes with my free service flat

There are better speeds in the region, but I can't complain because it's free.

Las Vegas
$50/month

England
£45

well at least you're getting several times what you're paying for

Moscow
11$ for home 100mbit ethernet connection and 4.5$ for vpn

>New Delhi
>11$
>No cap

France
20€

Portugal
25€

I have to mail three landlords because I need each landlord's consent to install fibre along the driveway. It really sucks sharing ADSL connection in a flat of four.

wish me luck :^(

bitch pls,2fast4u11!!

$65/month

Do you have unlimited data?

$100-200 for installation, $200 for router, $90/month for 1000/1000mbps no data cap.

>college
$5000 a month
No data caps though so that's nice.

Chena Hot Springs, Alaska
$70/mo
dsl
only provider
fastest available

Austria, 37$, its unlimited, but slow and the price is too high

Oh shit where you at?

England
£30

thats under $30 usd a month, what do you expect?

Romania
6 Euros (29 Lei in local currency)
Germans on suicide watch

>scotland
>£10/month

Austria
30€/month
300GB after that 8Mbits/s
it is enough for surfing and streaming shit.

its 32,80$

Help me out guys,
should i pick:

100 / 100 for $39 / month or
1000 / 1000 for $98 / month

I get half price for the first 3 months,
they also add a good VPN for 4$ / month.

Not sure if the increased speed is worth the price difference.

do you plan on downloading huge amount of data?
>When no 100/100

$45

flip
$40 with cable tv
fuck you guys

I want to get into torrenting a bit, i feel like 100/100 might be enough but maybe files are getting bigger or sum shit.

i mean 32,80€ --> 37US-$

With 100/100, seedboxes are going to shit all over you.
With 1000/1000 you might be able to compete depending on your peering. Seedboxes are probably still going to shit all over you due to jerking each other off inside the same datacenter, though.
If you want sick epeen numbers, 1000/1000 is the way to go. If you don't care so much about epeen, 100/100 is good enough to make it piss easy to maintain your ratio.

That said, having upgraded from 100/20 Mbps to 300/60 Mbps, I'd never go back down to 100 down. The difference is quite noteworthy if you don't like waiting.

100 Mbps down / 5 Mbps up
Poland
30$, cable TV + phone included.
I have no flash to do the test :^)

ok thanks,

i'm probably gonna go with 100/100, and i'll upgrade later when i'm no longer a poorfag.

your net-fu is not strong enough ro bro
get the gigabit package for 10euros/mo and all this could be yours
then the whole world would be on suicide watch

>seedboxes are going to shit all over you.
lol, not really.

Unless you're literally milking every bit of upload you can from your torrents I rarely ever see my 150mbps fully utilized, and this is with around 3TB seeding size and over 400 torrents.

90% of the time it's a 200-500KB/s, it will spike for a few minutes throughout the day up to 5-10MB/s, but it rarely goes over that, even when uploading to several leeches at once.

The only time you will max something is if you're the only seeder on the initial seed for a big new release or something, then you can get a ton of upload with that extra 900mbps bandiwdth.

But most people dont torrent actively enough to care about getting on the initial seed all the time.

nu am scula de asa ceva boss
nu'mi duce hardu', ar fi pierdere, face bottleneck la nivelul ala.

>France
>It's free.

I'm so sorry.
I thought autodl racing was implied hard enough in my post.
But I guess not.

Virginia

I don't know, it's my company's internet.

I mean, it was, my point really was most people will never bother with that.

And if you are autodl 100/100 is super fucking easy to get massive ratio with as you noted.

Residential 500/500 service is $299/month

I'd imagine they charge ~1.5-2x more for business support. (guaranteed back up within a certain amount of time, etc)

So only ~$400-600 a month.

Not sure if we have business support. We don't host anything from our office. That's a crazy amount of money for that speed, though.

I don't think he's "most people" if he's even considering getting a gigabit connection for the sake of torrenting, user.
But yes, it's easy. Of course it is, 100/100 is plenty if what you want is to maintain ratio. You could easily make do with 20/20, even.
But competing with the big boys is a whole different ballgame regardless of your speed when they're jerking each other off on the same datacenter network, which was the point of my post. I was telling him what to expect, not that his life would be difficult with either connection.

>Torrenting at 110 MB/s
>MB/s not Mb/s
>10 yuro/mo
How the fuck is this possible?

probably has to use 3-4 different drives in order to write the data that fast.

Ooooooooooooooor he could be using an SSD as a landing zone.
Or they could just be few large files, as opposed to many small files. Something like a WD Black might be able to handle a few movie torrents at that speed.

Any SSD can do that these days.

Again, that is 110MB/s, almost 900mb/s

No WDBlack is going to do that.

Hell, the sata 3 interface maxes out at 600mbps

It's an M.2/PCIx4 NVMe SSD, or it's multiple drives.

Speedtest threads always boil down to piss-poor Romanians who will die at the age of 53 because of various health problems having ludicrous internet speeds for next to nothing.

Yes I'm mad as hell.

You're retarded. MB/s not Mb/s

Multiply by 8.

110MB/s or 880Mb/s

SATA 3 is 75MB/s or 600Mb/s

No SATA 3 SSD will possibly manage 880Mb/s because the SATA 3 link is too slow, even if the flash controller could support the speeds.

It requires the use of an SSD on the PCI bus which has 4GB/s or 32Gb/s on a 4x link. Much more bandwidth than SATA.

SATA 3 is 6 Gbit/s, not 600 Mbit/s.

Im paying $120AU a month for 25mbps i cod increas it to 100mbps for $20 but.

The woman on the phone said i currently get 25 by 5 or something like that and i will get 100 by 4 if i upgrade. What does by 4 and by 5 mean?

you are the retarded one here. even ATA can do 133MB/s, SATA does 150MB/s, while SATA3 will do 600MB/s

>being this utterly fucking retarded.
I have SATA 2 mechanical hard drives that can read at 100MB/s

You have no fucking idea what you are talking about.

Shut up for a while. Like, maybe until 2025. Then try again and see if you've learned anything worth talking about.

This is where you're wrong.
So very, very wrong.
So let me set your facts straight.

110 MB/s, or 900 Mb/s is roughly (around 100 Mb/s or 10 MB/s less than) 1 Gb/s.
The SATA3 interface maxes out at 6 Gbps, or roughly 600 MB/s.
A PCI-e 3.0 x4 slot has about 31.5 Gb/s of bandwidth, or about 3.95 GB/s.

Exactly how fast any given drive will be able to write varies a lot depending on the circumstances, but writing a single large file, any modern HDD will happily do about 120-150 MB/s, though their performance will worsen depending on what kind of writing is being done and how heavy it is on IOPS. A WD Black would handle this better than most other consumer hard drives.

If you don't believe me, go do your fucking research and stop mixing things up like a complete retard.

30 euro per month
Netherlands

pretty happy to have ~ 100 mbps.

and like 10 mbps before, so huge improvement,
also i pay like 26 bucks for this

ptcl.com.pk/Home/PageDetail?ItemId=124&linkId=175

around 17 bucks

>pakistan

150mbps down
5mbps up

Macedonia
about $35/month, cable and phone included

We exist :)

>60€ for this
>mfw living in sPAIN
Seriously, fuck this country

Ukraine, Kiev. It's 60 UAH/month or around 2.30 USD or 2.06 EUR. Unlimited.

wow, quite the debate i generated
actually it's a SSD, a Kingston 512GB with a 530MB/s write speed, as in Bytes, not bits, but most HDDs i have support 100MB/s transfers and, indeed, most HDDs on the maret do, the bottleneck is the gigabit network. In practice i get a minimum of 80MB/s when transfering through and from my server
i did wire my house with cat6A but 10gigabit switches are too expensive atm
and it was done downloading 5 large files, the first one was so fast that it was complete before the others caught up and reached maximum load
anyway, the isp limits me at 1gbps which means that, in theory, i can only get 125MB/s from the internet.... and if you add them up it's 109.9 so i'm actually 15MB/s short... maybe it's their chinkshit converter

Even a slow, single modern 5.4kRPM hard drive can saturate 100 MB/s writes

40€, France, but upload is too slow.

>and if you add them up it's 109.9 so i'm actually 15MB/s short... maybe it's their chinkshit converter
Or maybe it's overhead from ATM encapsulation etc.?

Check your router's raw bitrate, not the effective bitrate you get out of it on the ethernet level.

$70 for 10/1? That's fucked

Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
$97.99 (~74 USD) + 13% sales tax

helpful, insightful suggestion from Cred Forums, i thought i'd never see the day
will check

>Lebanon
>$50/month for the only unlimited plan available

Behold: pretty average UK internet.

I think my parents pay like £35/month for this? Includes phone-related stuff too though.

i don't get it, how can this be average in the uk?
you fuckers built a fucking tunnel under the fucking ocean and you can't manage to stretch some fiber optics to the mainland so that you can get decent internet?
I mean, i understand when it comes to australia or new zealand but fuck

this isn't average at all, the upload is faster for a start. something seriously wrong there.

Fibre to the home is almost non existent in the UK, the fastest most people can get is either FTTC or Coax cable, both of which run copper from street cabinets.

This is thanks to having a privatised telecoms industry monopolised by a couple of companies that are only interested in milking profits from their existing assets.