/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SpKGvLWDoC8
overclock.net/t/1227647/how-to-initialize-and-format-a-new-disk-for-use-in-windows
github.com/nijikokun/WinScreeny
superuser.com/questions/1101134/fedora-24-no-build-include-try-to-generate-autoconf-h
github.com/Floens/ChanTracking/commit/1efea7a81419d05ccbb20da7a15b1decc217cf32
pastebin.com/iESX3LmS
adafruit.com/
dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/SocketAM3 /M5A78L-M_LX/E6816_M5A78L-M_LX.zip
msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.stringcomparison(v=vs.110).aspx
amazon.com/Sungwoo-Foldable-Silicone-Keyboard-Waterproof/
browserspy.dk/webserver.php
thesitewizard.com/apache/change-default-page-for-domain.shtml
blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/rakkimk/2007/05/25/iis7-how-to-configure-the-default-document-of-the-website-in-its-web-config/
pastebin.com/KTFUWV2A
stackoverflow.com/questions/30354097/how-to-printf-a-memory-address-in-c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Install gentoo

Oh fuck, there already was one.

Dumb frog poster

What is the difference between a collision domain and a broadcast domain?

>Hating pepe on a pepe website
kys redditor

But he's a deplorable!

Is my friend developmentally disabled if he didn't notice these guys are nazis?

A collision domain is the area where packet collisions can happen. Like one wire between multiple PC's.

Broadcast domain is an area that a broadcast from a pc can reach.
Like multiple PC's connected to a hub.

So a broadcast domain is the large area where communication CAN happen IF YOU WANT.

So a collision domain is the smaller area where communication WILL happen EVEN IF YOU DO WANT IT TO.

But this raises the bigger question in my mind, is Broadcast Domain exclusively MAC address, because otherwise the entire internet is one gigantic broadcast domain, right?

youtube.com/watch?v=SpKGvLWDoC8
That video explained things pretty well for me, but where do BRIDGES fall into all of this?

What the fuck ever happened to smart glasses? Anything promising coming up?

All they're good for is creep filming and cheating on tests at school.
Literally no practical purpose they serve that isn't done better by a smartphone UI.

The tech company's are skipping straight to brain implants.

Does kitkat read/write exfat msd cards?

can i initialize a HDD again to get the full 3TB? it's already been initialized the other way.

overclock.net/t/1227647/how-to-initialize-and-format-a-new-disk-for-use-in-windows

I'm dual booting Windows 10 with Mint and now when I use my Windows partition the brightness controls are backwards and I don't have the full range of control. I can fix it by disabling the video driver an re-enabling it. No big deal. I'm just wondering if this issue could damage my display or anything.

>not liking Pepe
>>>/reddit/

fuck yeah thanks. always thought my 3TB HDD was a waste of money. Now I'm playing with power.

no

Did you post a thumbail ironically or are you actually stupid?

>nazis are the bad guys
fuck outta here

What is the difference between a webhook and an api call?

Should I use my jewish friends to help construct and publicize some straw ideologies to keep neckbeards busy so they don't bother real people as much?

Please help a new Cred Forums tard

Can I disable Windows 10 update without it turning on again by itself?

Ive got dell latitude e5430 and I need charger for it. I can turn it on with charger from my elitebook but battery wont charge and i dont want to damage it, laptop or hp charger. I found label under battery and on bottom of laptop that says 19.5V 3.34A / 4.62A. My question is would pic related work with that laptop.

I'd expect it to work.

Hi, so i decompiled the latest SDR# version to fuck a bit around with it, and maybe learn something.
However, if i build and run it, the audio ouput and waterfall/spectrum are all choppy. It plays the demodulated audio for like 50ms, and then it fucks up. (No Audio output; it just like repeats the last FFT line from the waterfall for like 150ms "lag").
Decreasing the Audio Buffer seems to affect the audio play- and "lag" time.

Last month i decompiled SDRSharper (A shitty and fucked up copy of an old version), and it worked flawlessly. (I just had to fix the decompiler output)

It also has this one "bump" on the right (see pic)

All Dell laptops made in the last several years have the same charger plug and can all use any other Dell charger.

Thx bros.

I share a house with some people, they're not paying their share of the internet bill, how do I keep them without internet without making it obvious it's me?

Simply not paying the bills and not having internet isn't an option, they're dumb shits but changing password or blocking their mac addresses would be too obvious, what do?

tldr how to fake not having internet

I just downloaded and installed Cygwin today and when I tried using this github.com/nijikokun/WinScreeny I got this result. Is it a problem with this specific script, or did I fuck up while installing Cygwin itself?

Downloaded win7 ultimate iso from digital river mirror i found on reddit. Im not very familiar with computers so my question is how to install it on computer that already has windows. I know how to make instalation with usb, but how to trick it into thinking its original software? I heard of some kind of loader by daz. Is it safe to use?

Open With analog for Chromium? I want to open video links in mpv.

Trying to learn about UNIX-like architecture. Jesus Christ, what a mess. Why GNU, Linux and GNU/Linux are all referred to as operating systems? From what I understood, Linux is only kernel, GNU are utilities and you don't have full operating system with only one of them. Then again, if I understood correctly, GNU/Linux is not an OS either, only base for distros such as Debian or RedHat. Can someone explain this?

Any writing app for android which have fingerprint lock support? I would like to write some sensitive notes.

>Then again, if I understood correctly, GNU/Linux is not an OS either,
Linux with GNU is an operating system, as defined by POSIX. You can add an X Server, or a browser, or a video player if you like - but they are not required by POSIX.

i wanna get audiopedophile tier quality speakers, headphones, and a mic, but know jack shit about it.

what would be some good speakers, dac/adc/whatever, headphones, and mic to get? what other stuff would i need, i. e. sound dampening foam

i'm willing to spend more if it means better quality but i'd rather not spend a lot on something that's only a little bit better

the term "operating system" has a loose definition
both Linux and GNU may be classified as operating systems individually, as well as together, and even as a core to other projects like debian/rhel/etc

linus argues linux is an operating system, as it deals with hardware and allows software like the GNU coreutils to run
stallman argues that linux alone isn't "useful enough" to be classified as an operating system, and you need an equivalent of the GNU coreutils to "complete" it
debian/rhel/ubuntu/etc are typically called "distributions" (... of Linux or GNU/Linux), and may also be called operating systems themselves

basically, don't get too hung up on what consitutes an OS, there's no strict definition that makes any of these more correct

remove semicolon on line 17, add closing bracket on line 23

In the console there is that swirly Debian symbol. Same thing crops up for Arch and other distros.

What is that symbol called, and can one change it to whatever they want (as long as it is made of text symbols)?

if (PentagonHack == "Yes, Please") {
Console.WriteLine("Ok, it's hacked.");
} else if (PentagonHack == "Yes" || PentagonHack == "y" | PentagonHack == "yes") {
Console.WriteLine("You need to ask nice.");
} else {
Console.WriteLine("Ok, I won't");
}
Console.ReadKey();

i just discovered hydrus, whats the best way to rip whole gelbooru that wont end in a ban? anyone know how big it is?

I have to copy 2tb of data from my old external hard drive to my new one.

It doesnt do anything when I tell it to copy.
I can copy 30-40gbs at a time, but when I try and copy 200-500gb folders it sits and does nothing

Has anyone else had this problem?

Does anybody know if there's a way to bypass ads on Hulu?
>inb4 pay for it

What should I do with a spare AM2 processor and DDR2 RAM ?

ITS CALLED A FUCKING LOGO

I'm in the market for cheap but decent speakers for my rig. Ive found 2 that seem promising, but of course I'd like people to give suggestions.

The two speakers I'm looking at are the Logitech z130 and the cyber acoustics CA 2012. Which sounds better?

Can I change the logo?

What language and what IDE is this?

Yes

it's screenfetch look it up retard.

Java, and whatever IDE it is it's shit.

Is it possible that a laptop doesn't work with windows 7 on with newer OS?

I've bough this notebook a few months ago without an OS. Been running on linux since. But now I want to install win 7, and it says "no device drivers detected", all the original drivers I find on the website says win 8.1

I mean "only with newer OS"

Is this guy a virgin?

what do you mean?
what should i do with my AM2 processor? can it work in an AM3 board ? what about the DDR2 ram ?

Doubt it.

Other guy is wrong. Is c# using ide visual studio.

speaking out of my ass ie out of my very basic knowledge, but shouldn't this, branchingwise, be
if (PentagonHack == "Yes, Please") {
Console.WriteLine("Ok, it's hacked.");
} else
{
if (PentagonHack == "Yes" || PentagonHack == "y" | PentagonHack == "yes") {
Console.WriteLine("You need to ask nice.");
} else {
Console.WriteLine("Ok, I won't");
}
}
Console.ReadKey();

?

Read the filename.

the processor has some text on it but theres a grey thing covering most of it
should i remove the grey thing to read it ? is it safe?

Instead of the multiple different forms of "yes" try using the ToLower() function. So in your case you write

if(PentagonHack.ToLower() = "yes")
{ do something }

Did you read the filename?
Just throw it in the fucking trash.

does anyone have pic related? How do you like it/hate it?

>SanDisk Extreme 500gb External Storage SSD

There's nothing wrong with buying a cheap $60 240GB SSD to solely use for game storage right?

I feel like the answer is obvious but I haven't slept in 24 hours.

In my opinion it is definitely worth while.

wow thats very rude
i wont do that
kids in africa would KILL for this processing power
fucking soulless monster
i bet you are asian

Is there a way to completely remove Fire OS on a Kindle Fire and replace it with some distro of pure Linux?

Can anyone explain pointers to me? I really don't understand their use. Learning C

Whats the best and easiest way to rice foobar?

Also finding string in {"yes","yep","yeah","agree","accept","agreed","ok","okay"} with indexOf.

I have a Dell S2716DG now should I switch to 144Hz always when doing productive work or only when I'm playing games?

don't rice foobar. just install columnsui if you want some panels for your music library.. ricing foobar defeats the whole purpose of it.

my music library is literally just a single huge playlist I manually add tracks to, though

i just bought a steamlink but now i have a problem, i also have a ps4 and want both of these wired to my router. however my router is aboout 50ft away through a drop down ceiling and it's too much effort to buy another 50ft cable and run that, what would be the best option here? networking is not my best

>my music library is literally just a single huge playlist

WHY

I'm trying to put together a pc and the second video card blocks the usb3 connectors for the front panel on the motherboard.

Is searching for some aftermarket usb 3 connector extension that fits into the tiny space between the mobo and the vga my only chance to solve this, or is there another way?

Autism, I think

But I'll have you know that my music folders are very organized.

I just always want to have this big playlist of all my songs ever in the exact order I added them

API calls are generally about admin tasks and handling data, and they're done either knowingly or unknowingly. If you want to, say, get some sort of data out of it, you'd actually call a function from the API through a client.

Webhooks are a bit different. You are simply changing how the website or app behaves. An API call could do this as well, but it's not limited to just webhooks. A simple user or an administrator could cause this; I'm causing it by posting right now.

Will a motherboard with no 4 pin CPU power be able to power both a 25w CPU and a 60w gpu at the same time? Or does a mobo and 24 pin have a wattage limit

Would a SATA 3 pci expansion card be slower then a motherboard attached SATA 3 slot?

Standard PCI yes, PCI-E would be about the same

Alright, thank you.

my PC has been telling me that my hard drive is failing. i ran chkdsk /r and it has a few read and write errors and has failed SMART.

I'm already looking at buying a new hard drive, but I need to get my windows 10 install associated with a windows live account. in order to this, need the anniversary update. windows update simply will not allow me to do that, however. i can not install windows updates, it fails every time. I've tried stopping the windows update service and deleting the software distribution folder, but it did not fix. official windows update troubleshooter did not work either. what do?

How come a game for windows will sound better than the DOS version? Even a game for windows 3.1 will sound less like a genesis or super nintendo game than DOS.

this is why people pirate

This means my phone is kill right?

>Inb4 photo instead screenshot

Wireless wont reach my laptop range and im lazy to go inside.

Changed my cursors on Windows 8 to these nice ones.

Only problem is that they change back to the default Windows cursors after reboot/shut down. Yet the new cursors are still visibly applied in the settings

Also the cursor completely disappears sometimes now

What do?

sure. would still prefer legit win10 professional I got for free though instead of trying to find a good release of a cracked OS.

but if push comes to shove, I suppose.

you've got chinks in your system, hide your cat and dog pictures.

I need to build the latest nightly kernel, as even 4.8.0-rc7 doesn't deal with some Skylake underrun weirdness. Where the hell do I even get started?

Is this causing actual problems?

Yeah. I have an external 2160p monitor connected via thunderbolt to an active DP 1.2 converter. Works flawlessly up until the point where a FIFO underrun locks the system with a black screen and a frozen cursor. Only happens when I plug in, and only some small percentage of the time. They fixed this 2-3 days ago (fingers crossed).

>Will a motherboard with no 4 pin CPU power be able to power both a 25w CPU
If the cpu is designed for this specific motherboard it should run fine without a 4pin CPU power cable.

>and a 60w gpu at the same time?
Depends on the power of the PSU

>Or does a mobo and 24 pin have a wattage limit
The limit is around 150W for the 24 pin.

If your GPU or PCI slot has some pin connector then you need to connect the cable to the GPU or PCI

Alright so with a cap of 150w possible, on a 400w PSU, I've got the CPU, gpu, and two dimms using an absolute max of like 90 watts
Leaving 60 for the motherboard itself and IO
I think I'm good
It's an ECS Kam1-I AM1 board with a Athlon 5350, ECS says it supports that apu 100% even overclocked
If all else fails and I can't use the 750ti, sheit all this is for is Minecraft and Runescape, a GT7xx can do that fine

If a GPU with a power connector can't get enough power from the mobo could I disable PCI power and do cable only?
I have another 750ti that does require a 6 pin but I wanted to use the Zotac PCI only one

How do I get around these sites that don't allow adblock?

What's the best way to compile C on windows ? It's always such a fucking hassle to me as the default cmd of windows is trash

Or again if a GPU is entirely out of the question, the R3 (4800?) in it can supposedly do 720p Battlefield 4 on medium to high with stable 30-40fps

Disable Adblock

URGENT QUESTION
Sometimes when I sent messages on iMessage from IPhone, there is a delay. It finishes "delivering" it but the text "delivered" that is suppose to appear under the text takes a few hours and the person doesn't see it until then.

NOW MY QUESTION IS, I just sent a message to someone I regret. And it's having this delay problem. Is there any way to cancel the text?

>If a GPU with a power connector can't get enough power from the mobo could
If your GPU has a pin connector then definitely it won't get enough power from the PCI slot. Sometimes you won't see any picture on the screen if the cable is not connected to the GPU since not enough power, really depends.

>I disable PCI power
If your motherboard doesn't have a PCI power connector near (which it doesn't from the model) it then you're fine, just connect the cable to the GPU.

Everything should be OK.

Enlighten someone who just came out of university, comp sci, 21 years old. What exactly happens at one of these software development jobs? I have zero practical experience. Software development, database development, etc etc whatever. As I have no experience in this kind of industry what happens when you walk in to one of these jobs? I feel a bit intimidated desu. If I get accepted for some C++ developer job what happens when I walk in one my first day? I sit at my computer and then... I mean all jobs are different ofcourse, but can I get ideas of what to expect?

What will the induction consist of? Showing me around the office, introducing me to the team, then when you sit at the computer what do you actually do? Are you given a list of functionalities they want you to encapsulate into modules or something, then they just expect you to accomplish these tasks in the day?

No, you dumb Applefag.

You could try holding on the message on and the pop up menu appears and select delete message. But I don't know will it work 100% since this is iOS.

I'm thinking of doing this but then I won't be able to see if she read the text if it went through.

If I swapped my motherboard with a new one of the exact same model and kept all my other components in my system, would Windows remain activated?

Can only speak from my friends experience. You get a walk around the office, you get your PC, software exc. He was given some manuals and documentations for his software and he would just read them, like for a week since they didn't give him any stuff to work on, and later did some easy stuff appointed by your boss or who ever. But you could always ask your colleagues for help if your stuck and google.

He usually codes something with database for firms and use different languages and shit.

Man, don't know what to say, but I think you may be over thinking about this message, but again it depends on what have you send.

Is there any significant difference between the 4GB ones? I'm a poorfag, and want to save as many shekals as possible.

It's a 2 part message, I guess I'll delete the second part (the bad part) and depending on what she says (if anything at all) and I try to guess if the second message went through.

Is there a reason not to use BitLord for torrents? I used it on my laptop (Windows 8) for awhile, and I liked the features and integrated search system. But I don't see much from Cred Forums about it, good or bad.

Not going to see every individual card for specs, but I could give you my example, had 1070 different models, ASUS, EVGA, Gigabyte, they are pretty similar in performance and I just went with the cheapest one at the time.

Also price could be higher if a GPU has let's say more metal then plastic (backplate), RGB colors exc.

So as i figured no real significance, just things for people who are prone to dropping things?

Shouldn't really matter, but if one card has a better cooling system I would get that one, also check reviews if any card had any problem exc.

You could check some benchmarks for the cards, but it won't be any significant difference in performance.

So I'm sure I'm just missing something silly, but I have this problem when compiling a kernel module:

superuser.com/questions/1101134/fedora-24-no-build-include-try-to-generate-autoconf-h

Exact error message. What do?

Thanks a lot my dude

NoScript or uMatrix?

When I edit the source.list in debian I need to sometimes add 'sarge' and 'contrib' what do these arguments(they are called arguments right) actually do and are there any others I should know? Tried googling this but couldn't find anything.

I know nothing about web design, nor do I really need to learn it.

But I need a comment box where people can simply post a comment (without name/email/whatever attached) and I can see the comment on a separate page.

My hard drive just shit itself. Going to by a 2tb one, which brand should I go for? Don't want to pay much more than the base price for a 2tb, it's just going to be for media, anime, pictures etc

Can I game on this?

If not, can I upgrade it to the point where I can?

yeah have fun
www.chess.com

Not much, I think you need to build an entirely new PC for AAA stuff. But there's plenty of amazing 2D games you can play today.

HTML for skeleton of page, CSS to make it look pretty. MySQL database to store comments. PHP to retrieve / insert comments into database.

>Can I game on this?

Absolutely not.

>If not, can I upgrade it to the point where I can?

Absolutely not.

Could I at least emulate ps2 games at a steady 30fps?

use O&O ShutUp 10

Remember how PCs would tell you a shitload of information when they were booting, you know what it was loading and all that jazz.

Is there anyway to turn that back on in modern Windows? It's pointless yes but I just enjoyed seeing a lot of info more than seeing a plain Loading Screen.

lmao

I have a 1080 and I can't do that!

PS2 emulation is shit. Not as bad as N64 or Sega Saturn but its still pretty bad.

what CPU? Those types of emulations have always been CPU bound. Even my computer with an 8350 and a 280X emulates PS2, GCN, and N64 games just fine.

damn, really?

even my current craptop presario can run lower end titles like makai kingdoms at standard res.

silky smooth 5-10 fps, but still

I tried flashing it as a twin duck through dfu mode but after i did the light turned orange and it doesn't work how do i fix yall

A Core2Duo isn't enough for PS2.

how do I enter electronics as a hobby? Why would I want to do that?

do I need to spend a ton to be able to print my own PCBs?

Really depends on what you want to do

You can just use a generic breadboard/protoboard

It doesn't cost too much to make your own lithographed boards at home or printed boards through a service, but nearly everything you do will probably just be on breadboard or perfboard.

Potentially serious issue here;
- The PC I use for work supposedly uses dynamic IP, that allows me to connect to my employer's network, which is based overseas.
- This seems to have resulted in said PC getting banned from Cred Forums for something I definitely didn't do; i.e. suddenly apparently banned for posting you-know-what, while it also says the ban was filed almost a year ago.

Do I need to be worrying about clearing up this misunderstanding? Are the cops about to come knocking? I have nothing to hide, but can only imagine the embarrassment at even being suspected of anything illegal.

no

How big of a performance increase is a gtx770 over the 760?

Can I get this fixed at a phone repair store?

Yes, if it's one of the more common models. Which one is that?

You could also do it yourself if you know how to get the module and have the right tools.

LG f70 f315
I'd rather get it fixed and thanks

You'll be fine with PS3 era stuff

do i need to be worried about burn in on my second monitor?

starting to see it a bit when it hasnt been used for a while.

>I'm starting to see the symptoms of burn-in.
>Should I be worried about burn-in?

??

basically yeah. it goes away after a few minutes so im not worried now.

will it get worse in the future?

Best graphics card for under $100?
Going in a linux desktop.

read the sticky
(logical increments)

Yes

GTX 950 if you can find one on sale

Otherwise GTX 750 Ti

alright thanks, i was thinking 750 ti originally.

I want to try Ubuntu with Gnome.
I use Unity now.
Do I have to re-install everything?

Open a terminal

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install ubuntu-gnome-desktop
reboot
Select 'Gnome' @ your login screen

Quick question. A coworker of mine has a graphics card in his PC, and when he tries to max out DMC4, it starts to artifact by causing random black bands and other similar effects. There are three possible culprits for this:

1) It's a GT 740, so it's possibly too weak.

2) It's a 'superclocked' model, so it may be running too hot and need to be downclocked.

3) It's not getting enough power from the PSU.

Which of these is the most likely culprit?

that's comforting, thanks

Check config, post logs
Run tests, post logs

Either too dogshit or too hot. Depends on if he's taking care of it or not. If it's in an oem prebuilt, it's probably heat or heat damaged.

PSU is unlikely imo; I'd expect the entire system to drop, not artifacting, if it were.

am supposed to bend these tabs? It's blocking the display port

The GPU is brand new, about a week old, but the PC is otherwise indeed an OEM Dell. Specifically an Optiplex, and it has a quadcore CPU in it. I doubt it's too weak as the 740 runs circles around the 8600, the recommended card for the game.

Why are so many websites HTTPS nowadays

There isn't anything even sensitive to secure

Not exactly, they are supposed to already come bent.

Can someone explain how this affects us?
github.com/Floens/ChanTracking/commit/1efea7a81419d05ccbb20da7a15b1decc217cf32

should i use a screensaver on that monitor?

Update drivers, check temps, then maybe check against a different PSU.

so then I should bend the tab blocking the display port?

Why not? its just a I/O Panel.

that tab is meant to be on the inside, touching the top of the connector
you done goofed inserting the motherboard

Some unimportant items are being moved to the 2ch CDN. Doesn't matter if you use strict HTTPS

I am having weird internet issues in my house and I'm fucking stumped.

Randomly my net is dropping and I can't open up anything in the browser. This lasts under a minute and it usually comes back on (Though sometimes it doesn't come back until I reboot the router, and even then that doesn't always work). I login to my router and it just says "Disconnected, please manually configure your DNS" but it IS manually configured. (It's a TPLink Router)

But the part I just don't get is, while it's saying disconnected, and I can't access my web browser or play any online games.... my Discord app still works. And packet capture reports shit being sent and received. WTF? So I can't be losing connection completely. [spoiler]I have tried restarting everything for several minutes.[/spoiler]

This has all started tonight, but I had a phase a few months ago where this was happening every day all day... and then the problems just stopped. I had thought it was just a bad router, so I got it replaced with an identical one at the time and I was still having the same issue. Their support was no help at all.

I suppose the issue could be my ISP but it just seemed likely to be something on my end. Suggestions?

Alright, will tell him. Thanks man.

Alright then, but i still wonder, why floens is doing this.

Thanks. I never payed much attention to IO ports but I the mother board didn't want to sit right and I noticed that.

run winmtr for an hour and post results

I just got a 500gb ssd and need to transfer my OS from a 64gb ssd I have now. I also have a 1TB hdd to back up my files with. What's the best program to do the switch?

clonezilla

Most likely your HW misbehaves.
Solution upgrade HW.
Or your ISP taketh and given.

Me again.

Forgot to mention two things: When I plug my desktop directly into my modem I have no issues. Nothing drops at all.

And, when I was having this issue many months ago I also tried a newer Netgear router and it was giving me the exact same problem.

So all indications seem to be pointing to my router but it's bizarre as fuck that all three routers would have the exact same problem.. It's giving me connectivity issues on every wireless device too (my desktop is wired)

Are you using a modem/gateway?

How do I use windslic for a w7 ultimate installation on a GPT m.2 SSD? The posts on MDL leave a lot of room for error and seem to just boil down to "do these commands in cmd, and it'll work maybe :^)"

I don't have a flash drive or any external storage, will this still work? All the examples I see either use USB or a DVD

When I use USB tethering via android phone with my Kubuntu install, it works for about 30 seconds and then disconnects. But why? I can't find anything on forums lads. Pls help

Yes. I have a coax splitter going to my internet modem and my landline modem.

>forums
why did you not check your logs first?

run it on loopback ? had to plug in directly to the modem to post all this so I'll need to switch over

go buy a god damn 16gb flash drive for $6....
I used acronis back in the xp days, maybe try that

I just got a motherboard with a half size mpcie slot. What can I do with it other than a tiny wireless card?

Even though I've tried 3 different routers and nothing seems to be wrong with my modem?
My ISP is TWC.

user, A 8-16GB USB is $5.

Try to always have one for bootable ISOs and a Linux USB for fixing stuff.

A x1, x4 PCIe or a x8 PCIe?

He means mini pcie, it comes in full and half length sizes

it's so little

Then mostly WWAN cards.

Also that is one really bad motherboard
>Only PCIe X4 instead x16
>AMD AM1

I've got it in a case too little for a GPU anyways, so it doesn't matter too much

And I just checked, it does run at 16x, but has x4 mode I think for when something is enabled. On my desktop mobo (that I got in 2011), enabling something disables the sata 3 ports (it has 2 sata 3 and 4 sata 2 ports)

The PCIe is x16 size, but only can work at x4 because how it is designed.

I am too dumb to understand them

pastebin.com/xBRpjUAS

You can put any card on this, it will just work at x4 mode because its just a extended x4 slot.

Thats not even the entire log

Why is ffmpeg such a piece of shit with an over-reliance on keyframes?

Why not just do it wireless?

Any xl2411z owners here? Is driver 1.0 the latest one? Theres nothinf on benq's download page

thank you for the explanation, I was getting a little confused

a while back the hard drive in my asus laptop shit the bed, so i copped a hard drive from a friend. she said it didn't have any issues, and it had a fresh meme copy of windows 8. it blew dick. the laptop froze up all the time, which i thought was another issue with the hard. once it took 5+ hours to perform 145 spyware updates. i said fuck it installed ubuntu, and now it works fine. a few stupid questions though.

1. is there any reason the laptop would do that with windows and not linux?
2. how can i install other distos from ubuntu? i've never had a computer running linux before. is it as simple as booting from usb like i had to do for windows -> ubuntu? i can't find a guide that says so and is retard-friendly.
3. i've lost the functionality of my f5 and f6 keys (for screen brightness) and i've tried a bunch of proposed solutions to no avail. anyone else have the same issue and figure out how to solve it?

Except it is from the moment I started tethering
Poorfag, no wireless card

is 550W psu good enough for a gtx 770?

1. Because it is windows
2.Stay with ubuntu if you cant read a wiki for this from op
3.Are they linked to a fn key?

programname --verbose > log.log

Post speccy of the other parts.
But, barely, it uses 250W.
Try a 650W one.

How can I hack into my gfs phone to see what she texts? She uses android

there you go

>over-reliance on keyframes?
?

You ask her to use her phone,if she grabs it and turns sketchy, confront her about it.If she is bullshitting it, dump her, she is cheating

A 600-650W PSU will work.
With 550 you will stressing your PSU a lot, which is not a good idea, more if its old and if you are overclocking.

Why not just get a more recent and efficient card?
GTX 1070 uses 150w and GTX 1060 +-120w.

Does linux play nice with m.2 drives?

was for

Recently i have seen some pages that open links like this:

pastebin.com/iESX3LmS

What do they mean?
Ublock origin blocks them but the popup still opens and is saved in history logs.
Nothing loads from them because they well, get blocked.

Im from mexico and i wanna buy a motheboard, but its cheaper for me buying it from amazon.com instead amazon.com.mx, what could go wrong if i bought it from the american amazon?

Can someone check for me if amazon.ca actually fucked up their certs or if I fucked something up on my pc?

how well do standard logitech wireless keyboards/mice work on linux?
same guy with the tiny itx build for his sister here, i found a keyboard/mouse combo at walmart that was like 20$ and seems pretty good, it has clicky keys, which was a must for my sister for some reason
so far with how this will play out with linux, i have:
-the Athlon 5350 works great (according to online reviews)
-the integrated R3 works great
-my 750ti worked great with the 340.1 drivers
-the motherboard supposedly does good with linux
-im not 100% sure about java on linux for the games she wants to play
-i am 100% sure my cheapie huion tablet works ok with krita and gimp, because shes the only artistically talented person in our family and may find actual use in it

if i can find a decent new 720p monitor im set

if stuff starts getting wonky with linux, fuck it, ill install 8.1 and spend that extra 120$

Does CPU effect the quality of videos I record while playing a game? The quality of these videos is pure ass unless I crank the bit rate up to 50mb/s, which makes the files way too large to upload on my budget internet. I've tried dropping down from 1080p/60fps to 720p/30fps and the quality is still ass

Where is a good place to buy parts for solderless breadboards and related stuff like ICs? I only know of Amazon, ebay, and digikey.

Not really, what are you using to film?

Your local electronics shop. I've got one, and it's great.

Nevermind it fixed itself.

cert looks fine & not expired to me.

is your system clock wrong?

customs hold up

but user, that would require me to leave my house, can't do that

depends on the software used, fraps is a cpu power whore

adafruit.com/
has some stuff, not everything but most of the essentials
ebay is honestly your best bet at finding specific IC's and shit
shame radioshack is dead

Its only a chance or it will happen?
If something goes wrong cant i just complain with amazon?

I bought a mechanical keyboard from taiwan and it was held at US customs for 12 days.

Amazon has no authoriity over it. You're crossing borders,thats the governments jurisdiction. Literally zero you can do about it

I'm trying out plays.tv. My other option is Xbox DVR, which either supports solid video quality or 60fps pixelated garbage. Any decent (preferably free) options out there that aren't hard on the CPU? I'm using an FX-4200, so I've got issues without anything else draining my power

Well i guess im dropping the SSD and the paste from the budget and buy it from amazon mexico then.

Crazy difference how something is $2600($131 USD) Pesos in US with shipping and everything and $4200($212) pesos in Amazon Mexico.
Such is life in third world countries.

>how well do standard logitech wireless keyboards/mice work on linux?
plug and play
this isn't 2000 anymore

>site that lets me write simple programs in a vast amount of languages
>has "cloud storage"
>has a compiler on the site too
Does such a website exist?

Where does all this shit go? I thought they were all in the right place, but the PC won't turn on.

Why the fuck would you want this.

Motherboard?

They go in the f_Panel section of your motherboard.
Which is the one next to the blue SATA ports and next to USB56.

Your motherboard has the layout already printed in what way you must connect them.

that was honestly the most difficult thing to do when assembling your first PC
your motherboard manual will have the documentation on what goes where

Omegle forces me to solve the captcha every time I try to connect. Some user told me I had to setup a proper proxy. I've tried using a VPN, but it doesn't work. Can someone tell me what me meant?

vps
distcc

What you want will never work

This motherboard was given to me by a friend. I don't have a manual and I don't even know what motherboard this is desu.

No labels say anything about these ones. The others I think are fine.

Short version is I'm lazy. Long version is a blog post.

Shame. Was hoping it would exist but guess my dreams will be dreams. Thanks anyways, user.

The name is always printed in the motherboard user.
Look it up and i will be able to help you.

GND is ground btw.

Not sure what U1DA+ is.
Which case you got?

Literally no one wants this

im trying to move my hard drives to my new laptop but grub isnt booting. my bio's is just asking me which hard drive to boot to. what do i do?

The other cables are U0DA+ and - right?

Where did this retard pepe variation originate?

...An old piece of shit. Unfortunately my only option.

Ye

Look for the name of your motherboard, should be next to SYS_FAN1 connector down your CPU.

>This motherboard was given to me by a friend.
Get the model number and search for the online manual.
The front header panel should be somewhere near the bottom of the mobo but all I know are Intel mobos.

whats the fastest distro to get running with i3 and firefox on a pentium4 shitbox with 1GB DDR ram? i was thinking debian netinst but could use some input, arch maybe?

What would be acceptable specs for a laptop for a CS student? Would something like sub 200 dell latitudes or thinkpads be enough?

I'm retarded. The GPU was covering the name. It says M5A7BL-MLX Plus.

You have any idea what you will do as a CS student?

Anwyay, a X220 with a SSD and IPS panel will be more than enough.

dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/SocketAM3 /M5A78L-M_LX/E6816_M5A78L-M_LX.zip

You wont use the U1DA+ cables because they are old as fuck.

I'm doing a bit of software development and working with databases but mostly I'll be programming some arduinos. I can't find good X220s in my country but there are lots of x200s and x201s.

Ask in /tpg/ for help.
From where are you from that you cant find X220?

If you cant find any you should try go for a 900p T420.

Repeating my question

Okay it's turning on, but I'm not getting anything on my monitor. I tried HDMI and DVI in the GPU and VGA on the motherboard but nothing works.

did you clone the drive over?
not just copy and paste all the files, a proper clone

Does your CPU has a IGPU?
Did you connect the power cables to your GPU, both correctly if it uses 2?

Oh fuck. I figured it out. Thanks to all that helped I was starting to go insane.

Good luck, i assume you have your drivers near on a usb right?

Otherwise need help with that too?

resolution found, it was a loose coax cable

kill me

who was the retard that made javascript LocalStorage only able to save character strings

Are fingerprint scanners on phones secure? Is using one better than using a password?

I need help with T-SQL

There's 3 tables, Customer, Receipt and Item

Items are tied to Receipts with a FK ID (Receipt.IDReceipt = Item.ReceiptID)
Receipts are tied to Customers with another FK(Customer.IDCustomer = Receipt.CustomerID)

A receipt can have multiple items tied to it

How do I delete all receipts and items tied to a specific customer?(Let's say his ID is 1)

I've got a few Windows 10 issues that started in the past few days. It's on a laptop, a Thinkpad T440p. Any help on any of these is much appreciated.

1. CPU is stuck at 0.77 GHz. There are no related BIOS settings. I checked in power settings and maximum state is 100% for both battery. I reinstalled the Intel chipset driver and the Lenovo Power Management Device driver. If I use ThrottleStop in monitoring mode, it shows clock and chipset clock limits are at 100%, so it's not the usual BIOS throttle/limit. The multiplier just sits at 8 and doesn't move from there regardless of load. If I turn on ThrottleStop, it takes control of the multiplier from whatever driver is supposed to be handling it and suddenly I can set my CPU to full speed again.

I'd like to get native clock speed scaling working again rather than running ThrottleStop with its slower to respond and apparently more battery hungry scaling.

2. Folders and other things opening in music view despite not containing any music. Even the "uninstall an update" window. Pic related. This started a while ago when I was organizing a bunch of music files. First it was just a few folders and I could change them back to general items easily in properties. Then my home folder did it, now the freaking update list.

Yes, I can change and resize the columns myself manually by right clicking in the column headers, but it's really annoying to do for every fucking folder. I've tried getting one folder set how I want and using folder options -> view -> apply to all folders, but that doesn't seem to apply to which template is used in the folder.

3. Quick Access is fucked up. It used to show categories like drives, network folders, recent files, etc. Now it shows the icons from all of those just jumbled together without the category headers. And if I change the view to Details, yep, fucking TRACK NUMBER, TITLE, CONTRIBUTING ARTISTS, AND ALBUM!

How useful would the pocket CHIP be for writing my manifesto on the go?

It's bound to be better than my cheap phone + bluetooth keyboard right?

Your manifesto? Wtf are you, the leader of a revolution?

And no, it wouldn't help unless you like typing with 2 thumbs on tiny clicky buttons instead of full size keys. Get one of those 'stowaway' bluetooth keyboards that folds up in 4 sections and type on either a phone or whatever other bluetooth enabled device you find most comfortable.

Read the mobo manual, it'll tell you.

Nevermind, I just had to use in instead of =

reinstall

I'll be fine from here. Thanks.

Ask in /tpg/.

msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.stringcomparison(v=vs.110).aspx

I am so tired of sub-programmers I have to deal with at wrk.
Every code-review is infested with this sort of CS101 hello-C#/java crap.

When asking for input, is it okay to ask within functions? Or should I always do that outside functions?

I'd really prefer not to reinstall, but if I do it's not going to be this wretched, buggy self-breaking mess again. I'll probably be going back to Windows 8.1 where at least if something broke it was usually because of some action I took.

It's a Win10 question, not a Thinkpad question though. I suspect at least the CPU speed thing got broken by a recent update because it went bad after an update reboot, though I suppose it could be some interaction with a Lenovo program. The rest is pure straight-up Win10 though. After putting some folders into music view, Windows is now applying it to things it should never be applied to.

Why are chiclet keyboards a thing? Every one I've used is so much less comfortable than a regular style keyboard

I'm new to programming, and my university decides to just throw everyone into C, which i've been told is NOT the best starter language.

Either way, what are some reasons a program will run completely fine some times, and then crash other times?

it seems to go through all of the commands go through, but at the very end it crashes.

Because Apple did them to be different, and now everyone else has to do them to be the same.

Would I get much hate for being a cop?

I got CyberGhost for VPN, the free version can just hide my IP, but the "premium" version says it has servers specifically for anonymous downloading.

Is hiding my IP enough for torrenting and not tipping off my ISP, or do I need to be on a secure server?

Were do I find a site rip or torrent for nakedpizzadelivery.com contest videos??

Downloading drivers because I'm gonna format my shit soon, and noticed that AMD released new drivers, something something Crimson Edition

Am I gonna have better framerates with this?

I can believe it. It's so hard to shop for a keyboard that isn't chiclet these days. It's irritating

From Cred Forums? Nah. From Googles? Probably.

Semi-related question: if I set my client to encrypted connections only, am I actually doing anything to hide my traffic from my ISP?

>I'm new to programming, and my university decides to just throw everyone into C, which i've been told is NOT the best starter language.
It's an alright starter language if you want to start with an understanding of lower level things before you take up tools that do all those things for you. Being able to use and understand the lower level things lets you write better programs using more modern languages.

>Either way, what are some reasons a program will run completely fine some times, and then crash other times?
Could you be more specific?

Assuming you're using gcc, compile with gcc -g ... to compile a debug build. Run it with gdb ./a.out (or whatever your executable is named). Enter the r command to make gdb start the program. When it crashes, gdb will break to its prompt. Use the bt command to get a backtrace.

>Semi-related question: if I set my client to encrypted connections only, am I actually doing anything to hide my traffic from my ISP?
It can evade some anti-bittorrent throttling / "traffic shaping", but it won't prevent your IP from appearing in the torrent's public list of participants on this torrent. The only way around that is to use a seed box or a VPN.

Absolutely not.

And I take it that my ISP can see this public list every time that I connect?

Spilled coffee on my MacBook air like a faggot. The backlight in the screen is fried or something, I can still see things but I really gotta look hard. Apple quoted $750 for the repairs, it's a $1000 damn laptop. I looked up the repairs and it's way over my head to do myself, and I went to microcenter and they quoted the same thing. Should I just sell the broken machine on eBay, or is there a cheaper repair service I can use?

How long ago was the spill. You did let it dry off thoroughly before powering it up right?

Hi guys,

i need Adobe CC 201* cracked, but not sure what and form where to download. Can someone link a secure source ? The has gotten more dangerous, you know....

THX

Only if they watch the tracker. And anyone else connecting to that torrent will see your IP, including the RIAA/MPAA, regardless of if you use PeerBlock, because you're not the one giving out your IP, the tracker is.

That said, stay off of still-in-theaters movie torrents and things like that, and you'll generally be safe. I've torrented plenty of things and only ever got 1 complaint -- from when a friend brought over his laptop and didn't turn off uTorrent where he was downloading an in-theaters movie. And it was just that, a complaint. A "copyright defender" company sent it to Comcast, who sent it on to my email, where I ignored it. Nothing ever came of it.

is it possible to email someone if they use yahoo and im using gmail

A month ago, I thought I did. It worked fine for that month, sometimes the backlight wouldn't power on but 90% of the time it worked, then it shit the bed.

If they're teaching you C learn C.

... a guy at wrork who was a dev asked if there is any way to increase the stack in Windows as he is getting this strange stack-verflow exception.

So learn C if you have an opportunity. It might save you some facepalms in the future :D

No

No, you need to sign up for gmail to message a gmail account

Saying I have a domain called

kentuckyfrieddolphin.com

and when I access it directly I don't get the proper index page, but an old index page that I can't delete because of retardation

I visit
kentuckyfrieddolphin.com/index.html

and it works fine

How do I either redirect the normal domain to go to /index.html or fix it so that the new index.html shows instead of the old one?

Thanks a bunch, user. Honestly, I only torrent shit that's been out for a while (and 90% of the time I own it on physical media), or anime. Doubt they're gonna come knocking my shit in for downloading the latest episode of JoJo or for downloading a game that's 5+ years old

...I'm not really sure.

Just now I did something that started making it crash more consistently, and it wasn't going all the way through this time, so I tracked it down with printf, and it seems like it was a free() statement that caused it, I got rid of it, and now it's not crashing anymore...

why would free() cause a crash? I thought you're always supposed to pair a malloc with a free...

I'm thinking about replacing my old Logitech K120 with something like this: amazon.com/Sungwoo-Foldable-Silicone-Keyboard-Waterproof/

Is this as bad of an idea as I think it is?

whoops... was for

is ethernet surge protector a meme?

That has to be the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Not calling you dumb, but even the concept of an Ethernet surge protector is so fucking stupid that I can feel my brain cells dying one by one

Hi, Newbie here, I need a simple file who run under Ubuntu, and when I double-click it, It runs a simple comand: " sudo service-network restart " ....

You ARE supposed to pair malloc with free. But if you've modified something outside of the block you malloc'd (i.e. ran over one end or the other of your array), you probably corrupted the data structures malloc and free use to manage their memory (in technical terms, you corrupted the heap).

For instance:
int *a = malloc(2*sizeof(int)); //allocate two ints
a[2] = 12345; //write one past the end of the array -- remember, a[0] is the first allocated element and a[1] is the second
free(a); //boom

Also, if you free a pointer inside a block that was malloc'd, it won't work right. You have to pass free the same exact thing that malloc returned.

For instance:
int *a = malloc(50*sizeof(int));
//...
free(&a[5]); //boom

It usually won't be that obvious. Maybe you had a pointer you put the malloc'd address into, then moved the pointer forward 20 and back only 19, then tried to free it.

Don't free things twice.
int *a = malloc(10*sizeof(int));
//...
free(a); //good
free(a); //boom

Again, it's usually not this obvious. Maybe you freed it one place or only on one code path, then freed it at the end just to be safe. Now when that code path runs, if it gets to the final free and it's already been freed, it will crash.

Answer depends on what HTTP server (web server) is running. If you do not know, you can use a service like this to check.

browserspy.dk/webserver.php

There is a fair chance that you are running on Apache; if so, you can try the directions here:

thesitewizard.com/apache/change-default-page-for-domain.shtml

TLDR: many webhosts configure Apache so that you can override the name of the index page by making a file called ".htaccess" in the root directory. ".htaccess" can contain various config options, including the index page file name, like so:

DirectoryIndex myindexpage.html

If your site is running a recent version of Microsoft IIS, there is a similar approach using a "web.config" file.

blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/rakkimk/2007/05/25/iis7-how-to-configure-the-default-document-of-the-website-in-its-web-config/

See the part starting with "If you are a developer (or the owner of the website)..."

If you have admin/root access to the server, then there are other options, but if not, one of these might work.

so freeing something that I used strtok on is probably a bad idea then..

You pass strtok a copy of a pointer to it. Strtok will then mess with the data inside it, moving its own internal pointers around and returning pointers into that.

You SHOULD free the original block of memory you passed strtok if you malloc'd it. Just don't keep using strtok(NULL) to get further tokens after that.

You should NOT free the things strtok returns since they're just pointers into a block you're already going to free as a single block later.

Does somebody has any experience with using visual studio on a virtual machine ?
Is it heavy to run ? Is it horrible ?

Is Microsoft Edge a good browser? Not a fan of Chrome or Firefox, since Chrome is the NSA's favorite browser (and FF is based off Chromium). I've just been using Edge lately, and wanna know if that's a good idea.

>and FF is based off Chromium
False. Firefox was forked from the open sourced Netscape codebase, after AOL bought Netscape and made it shit.

I'm not sure I understand entirely, but what I have is a function that's getting a pointer to an array passed to it, and I copied that into another array that I malloc'd inside of the function which I put through strtok, because it was crashing when I didn't use a copy.

Then I tried to free the copy at the very end of the function, and that's when the crashes started.

Maybe it's just my imagination, but it also seemed like the closer free was to strtok, the more frequent the crashes were.

I only used strtok once...

Without seeing actual code, I can only guess as to what's going wrong.

Are you returning pointers to things inside that temp array? Does something in your program use strtok to extract more tokens from that string?

In general, you should free in the same function you malloc in. The exception to that is if you're mallocing something to return it to the caller function. Then you should document someplace that this function returns a thing that must be freed. Alternately (and usually a better idea), have the caller provide the function with a buffer to return the thing in -- then a caller can use any sort of buffer they want for this, and you no longer have the confusion of having to free something that came out of a function.

Another possible hangup with strtok is that it modifies the data it's given. It changes spaces and other separators to null bytes when it returns tokens, to separate them from the rest of the string. I don't see this leading to a incorrect-free situation though.

I'm going to bed now. If you post more, either someone else will need to help you or I'll see it tomorrow and reply then.

I'm sure this is messy, but here is what I have

pastebin.com/KTFUWV2A

Forgive me for butting in, especially since I have done any C in a long while, but perhaps the asker might find useful to inspect the starting addresses of the block that he is trying to malloc() and free(), e.g.

printf("variable A is at address: %p\n", (void*)&A);

stackoverflow.com/questions/30354097/how-to-printf-a-memory-address-in-c

to make sure that the pointer variable is not being altered in intervening code. But his later comment seems perhaps closer to the source of the problem:

The fact that strok() was crashing with the original string sounds like a helpful clue. Are you sure that the original string (the character data in the array) is properly NULL-terminated? In your function, does calling strlen() at the beginning (before any strtok() calls) return the expected length? Where is that string coming from (file input, console input, etc)?

The other responder has much more recent C experience than me, and I would not mislead you by speculating further. Fortunately, since you are at university, there are probably smarter people than me around you who might help tomorrow. Have a nice night.

Just noticed that you said were going to bed.

Thanks for taking the time to help though, I really appreciate it.

What's a good matte screen monitor? Nothing too big.

Help helper has become global. This is ebin.

Sorry, it's the butting-in guy again. No time to go through all the code, but at first glace, are you sure that this is correct?
char *stra = malloc(sizeof(str));

If I am reading that right, "str" is a pointer variable, and sizeof(pointer) will return a small constant value, e.g. 4, depending on whether you are on a 32- or 64-bit system, almost certainly too small to hold a copy of the string data. Thus, the more knowledgeable poster's comment about overwriting the end of the allocated memory block (with strcpy()) would probably apply. So, is it possible that something like this might work better?

char *stra = malloc((strlen(str) + 1));

(Note: the "+ 1" is for the terminating NULL.) Does that make any sense? Sorry if this is only making the problem worse!

Also, please let me reiterate my earlier comment about checking
printf("%d", strlen(str));
at the beginning of parseNotationString() to see if the results match your expectations. If not, perhaps because the string is not properly NULL-terminated, then neither strcpy() nor strtok() can be expected to work properly.

>FF isn't a good idea
>but msft products are

Can anyone please share resources regarding how to design a wan for a company with many branch offices? Names of books or courses would be more than enough so there's no need for the resources themselves. Thank you!

Is it technically possible to combine MULTIPLE computer components in the one computer to create a supra-powerful computer? Can you combine 10 3GHz CPUs together, for example to get a 30GHz processor? I don't understand why this is not possible. If money was not an issue, would it be technically possible to build a super computer (of sorts) in your own house just by merging regular consumer computer parts together in one computer?

Well, Windows just reset all my default applications, installed a TON of useless shit, and changed my start menu.

I want to switch to Arch Linux, any good tutorials I should follow for setting it up?

Thank you.

yes, you can build a cluster with multiple computers, they don't need to be "special" computers or anything

/however/, clusters aren't used the way you may think or hope

you can;
have a program which spawns many jobs effectively operate on many machines to speed it up

you cannot;
run a single program like a video game on multiple machines

the reason is bandwidth, programs like games expect extremely quick access to large amounts of memory, if a particular piece of memory isn't on the current machine, it much be fetched over a network, which will be many orders of magnitude slower than if the memory was local
then there's the cpu, most games (keeping that example) are only designed to use one to a a small handful of threads, most computers now have as many if not more cores, so there's no room for expansion here at all, and trying to run a single thread over multiple machines doesn't make sense

basically, if you have a job that that can be split into /completely seperate smaller jobs/, then clustering can help, otherwise no, too much latency, too little bandwidth

I just had my Windows 10 upgraded to the Anniversary edition. Assuming that I didn't really care about all the alleged 1984 shit going on behind the scenes before, do I have a reason to care now? If so, why?
Not really. For one thing, your standard motherboard isn't set up for this "30 GHz" setup. At best, you can install multiple GPUs and go overboard with RAM. Some motherboards have multiple CPU sockets, but 10? No way. Second, it wouldn't act like a 30 GHz processor - just 10 3 GHz processors. This can be useful for some things that can parallelize well - for instance, a Pixar-quality 3D rendering program that can assign frames to each CPU. But it won't produce a huge speedup on your standard PC game, which is what a real 30 GHz processor would do.
>Well why don't they just make a real 30 GHz processor?
Because clock speeds aren't everything, and modern CPUs keep the "old" speeds while doing more work per cycle. Pic related, notice how fast they start approaching 100C at 5 GHz.

Is it safe to delete some/all of these healthy partitions?

Oops
>a Pixar-quality 3D rendering program that can assign frames
I meant work. I think the professional studios actually take over an hour to render a single frame, and that's with all the servers working together. That said, I'm not a 3D guy so I don't entirely know how it all works.

they split frames up into "buckets", which can be processed individually

Why I'm stuck at 28MB/s in filezilla when transferring files straight through Ethernet cable from pc to ps3? Isn't gigabit capable to going up to 120MB/s?

yes, gigabit can do ~125MB/s
could be either;
- a bottleneck somewhere else, like one of the drives being attached via USB2
- one of the drives has another load which is preventing this transfer from reaching higher speeds
- the server or client software is shit
- the cpu on either side is under load

Will a Rode Procaster work with a Focusrite Scarlett Solo? Apparently the Procaster needs a lot of gain, and the Scarlett Solo might not be able to provide enough of it. Does anyone here use the combo, or know anything about audio setups?

I got an .iso file of windows 7 from microsoft site, do I just burn it onto a disc and then boot from disc?

Is daemon tools ok for burning?

In CloneZilla:
I saved my HDD with savedisk. The HDD consists of 2 partitions (boot 512 MiB and root 30 GiB).

The remaining 1,5+ TB are not allocated.

My question is if it is possible to restore only the two partitions and not the entire HDD so I can allocate the remaining space without overwriting it while restoring.

I want Photos on my Mac to load Faces on my pictures. The Macbook says I have to keep charging the Macbook and not use Photos to let it load, but WHY?
The Macbook is fully charged, why cant it actively search for faces?

pls respond

Who was that British guy who captured or destroyed 53 ships?