Smartphone choice:

TL;DR all suck. I'll review some.

iPhone
Pros:
>Most secure phone
>Best hardware and performance
Cons:
>Locked down OS that has no torrents, file browsers and most apps are ridden with adverts or cost you
>Shit screen (acceptable on the Plus)

S7 edge (Note 7 on suicide watch)
Pros:
>Beautiful edge design and top tier hardware
>Absolute god-tier screen, looks fresh and bright
Cons:
>Touchwizz and bloat slow the device making it complete garbage
>No consistency (Snapdragon vs. Exynos, racist Samsung gave the Chinese 6GB ram on Note 7 and 4GB to the rest of the world etc).

OnePlus 3:
Pros:
>Excellent value for money
>Minimum bloatware
Cons:
>Shit battery and ok-at-best screen
>Chink-shit, potentially questionable quality

Pixel
Pros:
>Pure android
>Google surely will surprise with something interesting
Cons:
>Google botnet
>Bezel monster

HTC 10
Pros:
>Durable as a brick
>Beautiful UI (~95% close to pure android)
Cons:
>Possibly slightly overpriced
>"HTC is the AMD of smartphone manufacturers"- some guy on Cred Forums

CAT S60:
Pros:
>Durable as a fucking tank
>Some camera gimmicks for "professionals"
Cons:
>An antenna horn
>Shows others you have autism (not joking)

Jolla
Pros:
>Dirt cheap
>Customizable and bloat/botnet-free
Cons:
>Out of stock
>Crappy performance for 2016

LG V20
Pros:
>REMOVABLE BATTERY!
>Android 7.0 (just behind Pixel)
Cons:
>Potential LG bootlops
>Possibly slightly overpriced

t. Note 4 user and everything else feels like shit. This is the extremely limited summary of my research.

Moto X Style. Battery life is the only con.

LG are the only manufacturer left that puts every technology on their phones.
FM radio, IR , removable battery, sd card

Pity about the bootloops

This.

6p and 5x are good and u can fix them no matter what if they get bricked. Snapdragons a nigger with terrible CPUs tho

I really wanted to recommend an LG phone to my mom because she doesn't want a phone without FM radio, but I couldn't tell her to do backups often because her phone might suddenly die at any moment.

Pros cons with nexus 6p?

TouchWiz isn't that bad now.
I don't have any lags since S6

>Nexus 6P has 4K screen
>iphone comes out a year later with 1080.
Appul.

Are you sure it's 4k?

What the fuck are you going to do with a 4k phone screen other than kill your battery?

Or did you fall for the Mobile TV scam.

Feelsgood

anyone else here rock a Sony smartphone?

I'll add it:

Moto X Style:
Pros:
>Absolute god-tier camera
>Excellent screen
Cons:
>Underwhelming hardware/performance (for 2016)
>Android 5.1.1

Microsoft Lumia 950 XL
Pros:
>Can use it as a mini-portable PC
>Excellent for productivity (Microsoft Office etc.)
Cons:
>No adblock solution without root
>No x86 software on your 'mini-PC' and the Windows app store is extremely limited

How many apps have you paid for?

Genuinely interested - I heard it's unbearable to use iOS due to the high volume of adverts and nickel-diming-micro-transactions in apps.

Also:
>paying for music
>can't torrent movies
>can't even send a .pdf without some cloud-software
>can't use it as USB (without some 3rd party File Browser app)

I don't understand why they would cripple their devices like that, it looks fresh as fuck.

You forgot the worst one (I know of anyway)

>No fm radio

Ive pad for all of my apps that i use, i dont count them. I dont see the appeal of torrenting on a phone, i easily transfer all my pirated music and videos on it though.

>LG V20
>Potential
>Possibly

Nigga is that what you call review.

>edge design
>Beautiful

I think it's ugly as fuck.

Say while it's not late.

>That low multicore

They didn't cripple anything. If you look at the statistics, being a developer for iOS is MUCH better than on Android. And that might be a big reason why.

And it helps the users because they get good applications that follow the rules of the operating system. That's why it's such a smooth experience...

Besides... Who cares if you can't do that? No one supports criminals. Get a job and pay for it you bum. Or install Gentoo and use your freetard shit.

For me personally, I've paid for both ends. Piracy to me is a service issue more than anything else because people who don't have money aren't going to pay for it anyways so they don't count because they can't. Things like Spotify and Netflix make things much easier than torrenting. Why would I torrent anything when I can pay $10 a month and get unlimited music anytime I want anywhere and have every single song I'd want. Downloading it would take a long time, take storage, and once I get bored of the songs I'd have to either keep them or delete them... And if I want to come back I have to download again... Spotify you just remove it from device... and then just download again in the future. Happens to me a lot.

Netflix you just watch it and then fuck off. Easy peasy.

I paid more for Android than I ever did on iOS due to the fact I had Android much longer because I was a poorfag and I use Google's ecosystem more than Apple's, at least for now.

Underwhelming performance? It's as smooth as ever. Unless they've gotten even faster. Also, they have 6.0.1 out and it's getting 7.0 soon.

>Besides... Who cares if you can't do that? No one supports criminals.
I care. "Criminals" break the law and the law isn't objectively right. Information should be free to share and no law-making retard, or even worse, Apple, can decide for me whether I want to share strings of data or not.

>Get a job and pay for it you bum.
What if I don't want to work harder to afford some shit that's readily available for free? It's ridiculously expensive anyway. As a rational business that wants to maximise the amount of $ they make, if they could force you to pay $50,000 for a song - they would. And as a rational consumer, I look for the minimum price of the same product - it is available to me at $0. So I'm not paying for shit.

>Things like Spotify and Netflix make things much easier than torrenting.
Fair enough. I actually agree - some adults just really appreciate the convenience. They are reasonably priced (if you compare it to buying physical disks for example). I prefer my movies completely ad-free, and I've never used Netflix or Spotify but I'm pretty sure they push something. So torrenting is a better experience for me. Next, neither of those services provides audiobooks.

>Downloading it would take a long time, take storage, and once I get bored of the songs I'd have to either keep them or delete them...
It doesn't on a good connection, and you can delete it from storage. Once you get bored of them either delete them or put them on your back up HDD. They are available for re-downloading whenever you want.

>I paid more for Android than I ever did on iOS

Don't know what you're talking about, but I've paid a grand total of $0 on the Play Store - and I have a fully functioning device.

I just looked at the stats on GSM arena and guessed based on that. Of course I might be wrong, but I'm looking for something to replace my Note 4 and it seems like it's the same tier and not a major improvement.

Ah, true true. Have you looked at the Xiaomi phones?

Are they reliable?

Chink-shit is notorious for having to be replaced every ~12 months - what are the odds that it lasts 2.5-3 years?

I haven't; do you recommend them?

What about the Moto G4 series? Mine is pretty good.

Not so sure, I never owned a Xiaomi. I always wanted the Mi Max though, but they don't work in the USA, at least not LTE.

Not the guy you're replying to.

Don't use spotify personally, but I do use netflix and the only thing they push is their own shows, but its totally reasonable. On the main page they'll often have new 'netflix' releases or stuff you might be interested in based on your previous viewing/ratings. You just scroll down half a page to get to the regular listings, or the search button, its really not a big deal.

Netflix is really nice to use and if you can afford the 10$/month, totally worth it for the convenience to me.

What about the Moto Z Force?

Lenovo completely ruined the Moto G series. I would've bought the G4 Plus if it had NFC and a notification LED.

So what you're saying is, the HTC 10 is the best phone in the market?

If you want security updates (and you'd be crazy not to on a device that is connected to the internet and contains personal and sensitive information) you only have two choices: Nexus/Pixel and iPhone. They have tons of weaknesses, but they are the only acceptable choices unless you don't mind racking up new vulnerabilities each month. Pick your poison.

>Bezel monster
Explain

It's a piece of shit iPhone clone

I will move back to android if they fix the software update shit. Until then, im staying on iPhones.

Nexus phones are also shitty. I considered getting the 6P but that shit is huge.

>Best hardware and performance
Lmao, sure.

iPhones have the best hardware by far