WIndows 10 is a piece of junk

So I was super excited to try out Windows 10, and after about a week of waiting it finally gave me the go ahead to download and install it.

AND BOY AM I GLAD I INSTALLED IT ON MY JUNK LAPTOP FIRST CUZ HOLY CRAP WHAT A LOAD OF TRASH!

Windows 10 install assistant gave me the go ahead and said my laptop was up to spec and could handle the install, but let me tell you everything went downhill from there almost instantly.

Mic stopped working.
Cam stopped working.
Touchpad stopped working.
etc etc etc...

Thankfully I figured out the problem with the touchpad, but every time I would restart, the same error kept coming back and completely disabled the touchpad.
Never got the other stuff to work again, but it didn't matter because I decided after like 3 days of fighting this damn thing trying to get it working again that I had enough and was going to reinstall win7 and get my laptop back to working order....

Turns out that was a pipedream.

I don't know what the hell win10 did to my drive but it made it impossible to download or even load windows 7 from the install disc. After trying to reinstall win7 for around 4 hrs I gave up and pulled the drive. I'm gonna stick it in my main rig and reformat it and then install win 7 from there and hopefully get it to a state where it can boot from and hopefully put it back into my laptop and get the damn thing working again, but at this point I aint too positive anything but a new hdd is going to fix this problem.

Super unstoked right now.

My advice, dont bother, its a had damn mess.

Other urls found in this thread:

forbes.com/2010/06/01/google-reportedly-phasing-out-use-of-windows-marketnewsvideo.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>how do drivers work
bait

>how do drivers work
By actually working

Have you never heard of downloading drivers?

I thought windows was supposed to be for novice users, guess im fine staying with linux, i already fixed the driver problems on this system.

Windows 10 doesn't have a hardware detector?

Even 7 had this

seems like you need a mac

It does, and it works as well as Windows 7 did. If Windows 7/10 supports the laptop out of the box all will be good. If it doesn't then there's no chance in hell it'll get drivers for you.

I've setup many a laptop, and I rarely ever have Windows work with a fresh format + install.

Sorry I'm poor

Funny how fresh install of both windows 7 and 8.1 works perfect without any manual driver installation for me.

Must be a windows 10 thing to suck hard

What laptop do you have

Windows 10 has like a wall where everything before that period might as well not exist. It's weird.

But it has better compatibility with my G19 keyboard and racing wheel than Windows 7 did.

Basically use Windows 10 for gaming.

Lenovo G400

>lazy pleb crying because he's incapable of manually installing a few drivers.

Go buy an ipad mini you fucking queer. I'm sure it will fit perfectly in your frail manlet hands.

Windows 10 has a lot of random drivers issues it seems. Every once in a while when I power up my rig Windows decides not to see my NIC. I have a wireless/bluetooth NIC that Cred Forums recommended and it works phenomenally when Windows isn't being a douche. I reboot fixes it and it's usually fine for a while but shit gets annoying.

>768p screen
>no ssd
>5 hours of battery
>still 5lbs

Time to get a new laptop user :~)

Again, I am poor, so stuck with windows

Get Linux and stop using shitty botnet OS

I actually played with Manjaro for a while.
Surprisingly everything worked ootb when I used to dual boot. But Cred Forums doesn't like Manjaro I suppose.

Being poor isn't an excuse for being lazy. Download the drivers from the manufacturers website and install them. You're really making a big deal out of nothing.

Big deal? I am just saying windows 10 is trash. Both windows 7 and 8.1 would detect my drivers in fresh installation but apparently windows 10 can't

Boohoo. If having to manually install drivers makes 10 trash, then go back to 7/8 or just kys. No here really cares.

You cared enough to be posting in my thread.

And yes, having to manually install drivers makes 10 trash and inferior to the previous OSes and even Linux.

I tried to go back to 8.1, I fucking despise it now

shitposting =/= caring

Ok, we get you think it's trash. What now?

>there are people too incompetent for Windows
Keked

>There are people in this board that uses windumb
kekkity kek

Cred Forums doesn't like fucking anything. Do what werks for you user

Is windows 10 the new Arch?

:^)

Dis.

How well does Windows 10 run on the 2015 rMBP?

Was considering installing it to run some FPGA programs

>gr8st b8st

1) you're fucking retarded if you didn't go download the drivers manually. Even though Windows update is supposed to always have the most recent drivers, the oem may have used a different sound card, etc than what's detected or it might be configured in the machine in a certain way that requires oem drivers.

2) if you did it as an upgrade, there's an option to rollback to your previous version. Though you've probably gone and fucked something up so it'll likely fail.

In all, it seems like it's purely user incompetence at fault, not Windows 10. And this is coming from someone that goes out of their way to do everything possible to avoid using Windows. If not for one piece of software needed for work that is too heavy for a vm and won't run in wine, I would never use Windows, period.

If 8.1 drivers work, then 10 drivers work. They're the same exact drivers. You fucked something up along the way senpai

Two LinusCoins have been deposited to your GNU/account, Pajeet Ghale. Thank you for your cooperation!

Doesn't even run on non-mac hardware properly so you are out of luck

3 bing points and a plate of curry have been deposited to your designated account, rajesh. Thank you very much

t. hindu pootella nuffin da CEO

>OP gets called a lazy, crybaby, incompetent, frail, manlet fucking queer of a pleb by

>responds only that he's poor in

Welp, time to add pussy beta to the list.

>Ghale
May Pagan's Light shine on you all.

Well, it's true that poorfag wintards (see ) can't buy macbooks. Is it something new?

>terrible font rendering
>distro that is ubuntu with some extra multimedia shit
>so shitty that their servers were compromised and some of the ISO files may contain rootkits

gr8 b8

Windows is a meme.

Take into account that it now has a Linux ABI built in. They did this because windows on its own is not good for development, but what does that mean for the average user?

It means that you get all the bloat from windows, plus an entire other OS on top.

Windows by default runs as if you were running two or three virtual machines.

Linux is light weight, stable, more performant, and just a better all around experience.

This is coming from someone who used windows for decades.

No, but at least have enough self respect to not be a little bitch when called a little fucking queer pleb fuccboi

what about trying out anniversary edition instead of complaining about 2010(beta)?

>anniversary edition

Pure trash

>Full screen ads
>Can't disable ads
>Can't disable botnet

>what does this mean for the average user?

Absolutely nothing. The ubuntu shell feature isn't enabled by default and requires manual enabling and setup. It's there for developers that would otherwise be using a VM, dual booting, or a VPS. Instead, Microsoft made Windows 10 a more attractive offering as a workstation OS by making it a developer Swiss army knife.

>Windows by default runs as if you were running two or three virtual machines.
Can confirm. Shit freezes like crazy, crashed every time I used to open my laptop-lid

>botnet
Oh yeah? So what, exactly, can Microsoft make your computer do with remote commands to act in concert with other machines that are similarly infected in a sort of ad-hoc network that's masquerading as a Windows feature? Please, do tell me, user... I'd really like to know.

oh so microsoft made a version just for me where i can do all of that?interseting.

>you fucking retard

>swiss army knife

This is code for bloat.

Most developers I know stay as far away from windows as possible. Even google doesn't allow their devs to use windows and this is common in the programming business.

forbes.com/2010/06/01/google-reportedly-phasing-out-use-of-windows-marketnewsvideo.html

>, can Microsoft make your computer do with remote commands to act in concert with other machines that are similarly infected in a sort of ad-hoc network that's masquerading as a Windows feature? Please, do tell me, user... I'd really like to know.
Apparently it shuts down/reboots remotely

That doesn't mean it's remote. Microsoft is trying to be cute. "We" refers to your computer, and Cortana. They're trying to make Windows 10 seem like a living virtual assistant. That's why on first boot when it's setting up shit it says "We're setting up your programs" or some shit.

That message in the action center is from Windows update, locally. Clicking it gives you the option to schedule the update and reboot for a different time, with the current setting being an estimate of when you'll least likely be using your machine based on your usage habits. Windows 10 is playing at being a full AI OS by basic automation of common tasks, suggesting programs and services based on what you already have installed/use, and using speech recognition. It's basically trying to be a Starfleet computer system knock off using the Halo ip

Then use Linux bitch boy.

>still using a Dell 5520 from 4 years ago
>Win10 runs perfectly
>haven't had any issues since I upgraded about 8 months ago

people really need to understand how installing a new OS works

>the levelm of damage control

Everything works for me. Try Linux or downgrade. Stop crying. You didn't even pay for it.

>"downgrade"