/spg/ - Smartphone General

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of March 2016
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>Shill your Xiaomi
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES unless you live in America you shits

>News:
Samsung Galaxy On7 (2016) launched with Snapdragon 625 SoC, 5.5-inch full HD display
gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_on7_2016_goes_official_with_snapdragon_625_soc_55inch_full_hd_display-news-20670.php

BLU Life One X2 launches with 1080p screen, 16 MP camera for $149.99
gsmarena.com/blu_life_one_x2_launches_with_1080p_screen_16_mp_camera_for_14999-news-20657.php

Sony Xperia XZ Review
phonearena.com/reviews/Sony-Xperia-XZ-Review_id4255

The Galaxy S8 might run on a 10nm Exynos 8895 chip with ARM's latest Mali-G71 GPU
phonearena.com/news/The-Galaxy-S8-might-run-on-a-10nm-Exynos-8895-chip-with-ARMs-latest-Mali-G71-GPU_id85756

LeEco Le Pro 3 goes official: Snapdragon 821, 6GB RAM, 4070 mAh battery for $299
phonearena.com/news/LeEco-Le-Pro-3-goes-official-Snapdragon-821-6GB-RAM-4070-mAh-battery-and-more_id85656

Huawei Honor 8 review—Huawei’s software sucks all joy out of this $400 device
arstechnica.com/gadgets/2016/09/huawei-honor-8-review-decent-hardware-but-you-can-do-better-for-400/

Xiaomi Redmi 3S Review | Prime Version
youtu.be/muTJ3jkvWA4

previous

Other urls found in this thread:

gearbest.com/cell-phone-accessories/pp_290175.html
honorbuy.com/952-tempered-glass-screen-protector-for-redmi-note-3-pro-international-version.html
buy.mi.com/tw/accessories/53-12433
buy.mi.com/tw/accessories/55-12433
youtube.com/watch?v=G_P7Qd3kpAI&index=7&list=PLaPvcEA8BA-J9_3mmzhwE5TGRU53q3oux
youtube.com/watch?v=bpS7OlxSeK8&index=9&list=PLaPvcEA8BA-J9_3mmzhwE5TGRU53q3oux
amazon.co.uk/dp/B01IODWLNS?ref_=pe_780071_41837251
thehackernews.com/2016/09/xiaomi-android-backdoor.html?m=1
youtube.com/watch?v=yro0ZNXqfms&list=PLaPvcEA8BA-J9_3mmzhwE5TGRU53q3oux&index=5
xiaomitips.com/guide/unlock-redmi-note-3-bootloader/
youtube.com/watch?v=dTsg7EyYKFM
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16875705054&cm_re=axon_7-_-75-705-054-_-Product
amazon.com/Anker-High-Capacity-16750mAh-Portable-External/dp/B00N2T7U90/ref=sr_1_1?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1474659080&sr=1-1&keywords=anker 16000
androidpolice.com/2016/09/19/axon-7-gets-updated-improved-signal-strength-september-security-patch/
amzn.com/B00VDVCQ84
theguardian.com/technology/2016/sep/23/iphone-7-review-poor-battery-life?CMP=fb_gu
virginmobile.ca/en/phones/phones-summary.html?itcid=NAV:2&filter=A3112012
zukfans.eu/community/forums/zuk-z2.5/.
amazon.com/b/ref=amb_BK6UWwDoSWKEE0iBkC3mXg_2?ie=UTF8&node=9565897011&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-top-2&pf_rd_r=74RM19FQG17DYAYXZM12&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=5890683b-d38f-4dda-956e-97911d3ce474&pf_rd_i=2407749011
amazon.com/gp/product/B01DZJFWNC/ref=s9_acss_bw_cg_unevh_2b1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-1&pf_rd_r=J1YEM2KMAV1YGA9S7W8K&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=c683cba0-1979-4d1c-a03f-1bece14105bc&pf_rd_i=9565897011
xiaomitoday.com/homtom-ht20-review/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Is there any good smartphones with NO front facing camera?

>Is there any good smartphones with NO front facing camera?
No, all decent phones have front facing cameras. They aren't any with good specs minus ffc

there*

How do you make a phone contract? There's no option for it on any carrier's website. Do I have to go to a store? Looking at Verizon, living in NY.

why?

iphone 3gs

Verizon no longer has contracts.

What's good in the USD 250-300 range?

Nexus 5x or moto x pure.

Looking esp at chinese stuff, theory being, good hardware at cheap price, you can always flash a rom if the software bothers yoy too much

What is the best grippy case for the Galaxy s7? I used to have a Tudia Wav Hybrid for my Nexus 5 and absolutely adored it but Tudia does not make that case for the S7.

>Huawei Honor 8 review—Huawei’s software sucks all joy out of this $400 device
It really isn't that bad, just install a different launcher you like and it's great. My only gripe with the software is that the lock screen doesn't display my music player. (Pulsar) Other than that it's fast as fuck and pretty easy to use.

well that sucks

I just don't want to bother disabling it. I don't even know if that's possible

(you)

a-user are you still there?
is there no rom development for the xperia m4 aqua at all ;~;

Just got my Oneplus 3.
Is there a good reason why I should already get a ROM on it?

Do any China phones support LTE in the US?

Do any of the major american carriers do contracts then?

i'm not in the US, but I just to clarify, i meant Chinese origin phones made for the international market.

Anyone here using a z5compact? Is it really overheating that much on dayli tasks like browing Cred Forums or writing messages? I barely play games on my smartphone and the most demanding one currently would probably be pvz.

I think I might actually get an iPhone SE...please someone talk me out of it

Are HTC devices still the go-to for the best DACs? I'm currently in need of not only a new phone but also a new dac/amp, I'd love to be free of needing a portable amp so I can get a higher quality desktop amp.

Just put a sticker over it mate.

...its tiny?

Nexus 6P or iPhone 7?
coming from a 6s.

Ordered a one plus 2, did I do good?

wow thanks, another great piece of advice from Cred Forums - Technology

google is allegedly coming out with a new phone in october so if you are interested int the 6p it is most likely best to wait for just a bit

If I buy the RN3P for the uk should I buy the international version or not? I keep reading on pajeetxda that the international ones are harder to unlock and whatnot.

>muh privacy
No one gives a shit smelly freetard.

7 Plus.

I went from the 6P to 7+ and it's fantastic.

If I had an 6s I'd wait for one of the next generations 2bh. Seems a bit early to replace it unless your phone is really fucked up or something or you just don't know what to do with your money.

Small screen for iOS 10, and you don't wanna be stuck on 9 forever do you? Also, >

Exactly. It's a phone.

You're welcome.

I'm looking for:
>Snapdragon CPU
>Very good camera
>Great battery life
>250€ max
Bonus point for
>5" or less
>Non chink brand

Coming from Z1 compact with dead power button and shitty camera software
Currently looking at Moto G4 plus

Yeah, that webm post summed up all my concerns. I don't really buy into all the consumerism hype when smartphones get released so I'm pretty clueless as to what alternatives there are in that price range.

Ordering a OP3. What advantages, and in particular disadvantages, would getting an original tempered glass screen protector with it bring?

Axon 7 maybe? Look it up

Wait for the V20 numb nuts

Do I have to unlock the bootloader on my rn3p for root? I'm not bothered about twrp, just want miui and root.

How's custom rom support for the Xperia m4 Aqua? I'm finding VERY little.

>Non chink brand
>Lelnovo Moto G4 plus
Try again.

Can't find it in my country sadly. Is OPX good?

Okay then, here's a fancier reply.

Disassemble your piece of shit phone and rip the front facing camera out. Put your phone back together.
There's a chance that if an app tries to access the camera it will just crash.

There, happy?

Tbqh I'd also like a ffc-less phone. I don't really understand why do they even bother with them. Is there actually that many people who wouldn't buy a perfect phone if it had shit or no 'selfie' camera? Hell, I don't need a camera in my phone at all. I always carry a compact camera in a case on my belt.

How's the custom rom scene on the Axon 7? I want the hardware so bad but want to know if it's possible at the moment to sidestep the shitty Chinese code with Xda or something

Sorry user I didn't mean to drive you mad

Just received my international Redmi Note 3 Pro Special Edition (aka Kate) which has Band 20 support.
It is 2mm longer than the normal RN3P, so there's literally no cases or screen protectors available.
How fucked am I?

dont get the original screen protector, it doesnt cover the whole screen. My friend bought the original from the phone and he just ended up ordering another one online

You're absolutely FUBAR mate, tell YA what though, I'll give you twenty dollars for it, best I can do.

Don't you mock me for my incredibly pitiful situation...
Now someone tell me where to get a case for this damn thing.

I don't know, but tell you what, I got a buddy who's an expert on cases.
I'll give him a call and we'll see what we can do.

I wonder if it's still as easy to unlock and root

There are two types, one that covers the display, and one that covers the whole front. Your friend cheaped out on the lesser one.

lol
There's a reason why chinkshit are cheap and that's because they skimp on a lot of things that aren't pointless specs/advertisement material, like shatter resistant glass, build quality, battery composition, warranty support etc

Enjoy your AIDS

How I'm supposed to fix this? Chinks haven't let me unlock the bootloader.

Why the fuck does Chrome lower my brightness everytime I open it? It goes back up after I close it.

gearbest.com/cell-phone-accessories/pp_290175.html

>This case is suitable for Redmi Note 3 pro "Special Edition ". Thanks for your attention.

>This case fits to Xiaomi Redmi note 3 Pro prime international version. Thanks for your attention.

>I'm a retard : the post
Hang yourself.

t. ching xiao ming

haha upvoted le good sir :^)

CHINKED
H
I
N
K
E
D

Fix what? Android system is always the battery draining culprit on every phone. there's nothing you can do about it.

The Apple iPhone 7 Plus doesn't have this problem.

>Black Player
>Not Poweramp

Pfft pleb

pls

But 4 hours SOT for the rn3p is not what i expect.
I will not give you 800 dolaroos appel :^)

honorbuy.com/952-tempered-glass-screen-protector-for-redmi-note-3-pro-international-version.html

Tempered Glass

Running global rom? run the battery analyzer and see what's draining the battery.

example 2

I am. I just changed from a chinked vendor ROM to 8.0.1.0 global downloaded from Mi website.

I want to upgrade from my iPhone 5s mostly because of the small screen, incredibly low storage and dying battery
Looking for a phone with
>5 to 5.5 inch screen
>good display with minimum of 1080p
>absolutely 0 lag with everyday applications (takes my phone 5-10 seconds to open the music app >.camera speakers and DAC that are at least decent
I have the OP3 in mind. It's got good specs at a cheap price and looks nice, also positively reviewed from what I see. Should I get this or are there any good reasons to shell out for a more expensive phone
>usa T-Mobile
>budget: $400+

Well, thank you good sir. Only problem is they charge 19$ for transit within the EU, guess I'll order from China then...

wait for pixel phones

Apple iPhone 7 Plus

no SD slot
no removeable battery
iPhone design rip off

Yeah they should rename this as the cuck phone

I just got the Moto Z force
I like the mod option it comes with and it's fast
runs hot as hell though when watching video or browsing for long periods
I'm not a big phone guy and you guys probably don't approve of the phone

Hopefully that helps. you should get 6/7 hours easily.

You can order cases and screen protecter for the special edition directly for Xiaomi with some google translate:

buy.mi.com/tw/accessories/53-12433

buy.mi.com/tw/accessories/55-12433

I use wired headphones user and want to emulate older games without jail breaking

No, it was some days ago. And im still getting poor battery life.

Galaxy s5 or Lg g4 ?
both are around same price here
need phone mostly for web browsing, youtube and gps

Weird. where did you buy it from? hopefully not eBay.

S5
G4 is the bootloop phone

Are you sure? From what I heard they only ship these to Taiwan.

Switch to dev rom 6.9.9 with marshmallow, it's much better. if that doesn't help ask r/xiaomi lel

Its not a hardware problem, its just that google services its draining my battery. I got it from a local reseller.
I might as well try. I had the same problem with my LG G2 running CM 12.1, but fixed it by disabling wakelocks from Google Play Services. However, on MIUI you just can't do that-

>buy Honor 8 because it seemed like the best option for me
>One of Honor's marketing points is a partnership with XDA to get a "healthy development enviroment" going
>Only sources they're released so far are broken as fuck
>rest of the stuff XDA devs need is from the SoC
>HiSillicon is probably never going to release it because chinks
Feel fucking cheated right now.

On top of that, it actually has some useful functions built in. Even if it's a somewhat loaded UI, it's still miles better than Touchpiss.

Give me seven reasons not to get an S7, Cred Forums

I used to get battery drain on my rn3p caused by android system.

It only ever happened after I took it off charge without rebooting.

>But 4 hours SOT for the rn3p is not what i expect.
That's weird.
Mine lasts about 8 hours of constant usage, using the browser all the time.

It's honestly not that bad.
>Great screen
>Smooth as butter
>Good battery
>Fast as fuck fingerprint reader
>Nice software features
I still think it's kind of bullshit. If they promise to help XDA devs, then they should. I'm just really curious how AOSP/CM would run on this. I'd imagine the battery life would be amazing.

thank you for Correcting The Record™

You won't be able to pay rent

I'm looking for a new phone since my old one died a week ago. I'm in France, carrier is SFR and budget is about ~300 euros. It'd be nice if the phone could play music and maybe some emulators as well. What do you recommend Cred Forums ?

>Paying over $400 for a phone

Who do you think i is

My Redmi Note 3 Pro just arrived, should rice it immediately?

Will the cyanogenmod "Redmi Note 3 (kenzo)" work for Pro too?

>mfw ringplus

Can the Mediatek Redmi Note 3 even get new roms?

Anyway, the Pro version has it's own Cyanogenmod unofficial ROM.
Make sure it is for the Pro, it's completely different CPUs and cameras, so installing the wrong one would simply brick your phone.

Also, the bootloader is locked, look up the guide to unlock it without having to ask Xiaomi to do it for you since that would take 3 weeks.

Or is it actually the same?
>Codename: kenzo
>Also known as: Redmi Note 3 Pro

Redmi Note 3 Pro is the one with the Snapdragon 650, make sure it says it has that CPU.

Alright, about phone doesn't say "pro" anywhere, not on the box either... But in the settings it says it has the 1.8GHz hexacore processor, so that rules out the non-pro, right?

Yes, the 650 is a hexacore at 1.8 GHz, the other one is a 8 core 2 GHz one.

Also, confirm that the ROM you are going to install is for the Pro version, the one with the Snapdragon CPU.

What's the process to install a ROM in a phone that can't be rooted by traditional firsts links on google?
I've tried kingroot, kingoroot, rootgenius, all as apk and windows version and all failed.
Any guide I could use? I can linux and shit.
>Model: BLU advance 4.0 L2
>OS: Marshmallow carrier branded, (probably spywared lol)

thanks a bunch

Want to pull the trigger on a redmeme 3 pro.

Amazon or ali? They're about the same price but ive never ordered anything from ali and I feel a bit safer with Amazon behind me.

Amazon, for sure.
Aliexpress is shady as fuck, and should always be your last choice.

Can I root the rn3p without unlocking it? Just wana cover my ass at least a bit in terms of 'warranty'.

Nope.

Also, another question about the m3p too, would rooting allow me to somehow move apps to the SD, or do I need to install Cyanogen?

the bootloader is unlocked btw

Yes, kenzo is RN3P. hennesey is RN3 and kate is RN3P special edition with the extra bands.

Make sure your'e not running a chinked vendor rom meanwhile. settings->about phone->miui verison.

Your phone is not in XDA?

Not him but.
>MIUI 8.0, Stable 8.0.1.0(lhomidg)

Can I root it?

What if it's on Amazon and it just comes from fucking china anyway?

Maybe Nexus 5X. But Google will announce the new Pixel phones on Oct 4, though expected to be a lot more expensive than the 5X.

Doesn't amazon handle all that shit if something goes wrong?
In Aliexpress, it's just you and the vendor.

Yeah but you need to unlock bootloader first.

Unlock the bootloader
Flash TWRP
Use TWRP to flash supersu (and probably a modified boot.img depending on your rom).

Use Cofface or Alka TWRP if you want to keep using official MIUI.

Is there a way to move apps to the SD just by rooting?

I hope so. I just don't fucking trust chinks, even with Amazon behind me.

Ordered shit off Amazon before which said uk warehouse and then it ended up coming from fucking china because muh stock and taking weeks and weeks.

No, you cannot move installed apps from internal memory to SD card. It is a restriction imposed by MIUI.

Goddamn it, so I need to install Cyanogen, right?

no, just a guy whining that can't be rooted and a reply with the same issue.

I'm thinking make my own rom but don't know where to start, probably CM dev wiki will be

Is 64GB really needed on the iPhone SE?

It's 100 eurobux more than the 16GB one.

Yeah. CM13 or RR/Mokee.

Well, since i'm getting rid of MIUI, doesn't matter which TWRP I use right?

You'll run out of space with 16gb in about two months. Just get a phone with an sd card slot like a moto or >LG phone

Either get the 64GB version, or go for an Android with MicroSD slot.
Seriously, 16GB is nothing.
Also, it's actually 10-12GB.

Not really. follow RJ tuts:

youtube.com/watch?v=G_P7Qd3kpAI&index=7&list=PLaPvcEA8BA-J9_3mmzhwE5TGRU53q3oux

youtube.com/watch?v=bpS7OlxSeK8&index=9&list=PLaPvcEA8BA-J9_3mmzhwE5TGRU53q3oux

>pre-order iphone7 like a good iDrone on the lunch date
>see Negro black 7 plus shipping date got push to Nov
>decide to cancel it and reorder normal Black one
>the shipping date was still Oct
>oh well
>wake up today
>its already here
>its Jet Black
Well time to buy a case so I dont see what color it is

Okay then, thanks for the help.

This is a smart phone thread.

Right. Some people report it's possible to do the whole iOS thing with 16GB, but it means streaming all music and offloading all photos into the cloud. I'll have to see if I can justify €550 on a fuggin phone.

I'd get an Android, but they're all too big for my liking. Plus the iPhone SE should tide me over for 4 years if I take care of it.

Such a shitload of muh munney though :/

what the fuck does SOT mean and why do I keep seeing it everywhere? Are we being raided by Leddit?

Xperia Compacts
Galaxy Alpha

>I'd get an Android, but they're all too big for my liking
See if you can find a Xperia Z3 Compact, or a Xperia X.
The Z3 Compact is 4.7'', and the X is 5''
The X'' is newer, more powerful, but it's also more expensive.

Screen On Time.

Basically how much the phone lasts if you kept it with the screen turned on from 100% until you run out of battery.

kys

Good midrange phone for 200$ that works in the U.S?

iPhone 5S

Fucking retard.

RN3P on Amazon from China. He says he can ship it to me within three days. That's fucking bullshit right?

CHINK'D

I may have fucked up, is there an android equivalent?

Ah, thanks mate. Here, have a meme for your troubles.

post the link

The recent Xperia compacts are priced into iPhone range. I might as well join the Apple walled garden if I'm paying 400 to 500 eurobux, and get guaranteed updates and whatnot.

The Galaxy A3 is interesting, but it won't be supported by Samsung a year from now. The A3 2017 will probably release around dec-jan, and then the A3 2016 will have to depend on custom roms (none available so far). The price of 230 eurobux is nice. Also the OLED display looks better than the iPhone SE's I think. Camera way better on the SE though.

Let's break it down, if I had to buy something RIGHT NOW:

iPhone SE
>440/550 eurobux (16/64GB)
>Great design, fantastic size
>Top of the line camera, only bested by a couple of phones
>Very fast and futureproof because of it
>Will get OS updates for many years
>iOS ecosystem with ups and downs

Galaxy A3 2016
>230 eurobux, good price
>SD slot
>Nice screen, phone has a decent size.
>Meh camera
>Will not get software support by samcucks
>Successor out in a couple of months

With the iPhone I could leave my high end compact camera at home more often.

It feels as if I have to decide between keeping 200 or 300 eurobux in my pocket and settling for a lesser phone, OR feel like an idiot for spending a ton of cash on a device.

amazon.co.uk/dp/B01IODWLNS?ref_=pe_780071_41837251

thehackernews.com/2016/09/xiaomi-android-backdoor.html?m=1

Do not buy phones made by the world's largest cyber-warfare belligerent

It's Android idiot, Google's OS.
If you cared about privacy, you'd get a dumbphone.

Everything is fucking backdoored what does it fucking matter anymore.

Either you get fucked by chinks or by PRISM.

What kind of band support will the LeEco Le Pro 3 have? U.S capable?

>He thinks phones are not all made in chinkland

m8 it really doesn't fucking matter who you buy your phone from. In any case most of the shit inside is made in China. Those £700 phones most likely come out of the same fucking factory as the £100 ones.

Surely you're not this new right?

the only difference really is on the customer support end. China only phones will have weak to no customer support/warrenty etc

Now if you are a flagship cuck, you'll at least get a cute bs excuse when they refuse to honor the warrenty or bootloopkek you.

I'm on the latest MIUI version, do I need to have a developer ROM, or should I go straight to unlocking the bootloader?

You need dev rom to unlock.

youtube.com/watch?v=yro0ZNXqfms&list=PLaPvcEA8BA-J9_3mmzhwE5TGRU53q3oux&index=5

Okay then.
Fuck this is such a long process.

>Fuck this is such a long process.
Dude, last time I migrated my data on my workstation I had to wait one and a half weeks.

Never again will I buy slow HDDs-
Never.

>2/4 support
>no 12

I have 12 in my area, but I should be fine with this right?

The guy in the video doesn't specify, Global or Chinese developer ROM?

Yeah I'm a bit confused about the dev/global/international/special edition clusterfuck

I think the Special edition is the MTK one.

What I wonder is if it matters which version it is, because the ones in the website right now are much newer than the one in the guy's video.

is there any good waterproof phone under 200$?

China Dev. you should ask for permission first, it takes a few days.

xiaomitips.com/guide/unlock-redmi-note-3-bootloader/

Your'e wrong. international/special edition (kate) is SD650. so is kenzo.
MTK is regular RN3 that no one here has because mediakek is shit.

Yeah version numbers confused me too. Stable has a higher version number than dev if I remember rightly.

Isn't that to straight up unlock the bootloader?
Also, doesn't it take like 3 weeks?

So what's the difference between special and international?

One was a hong kong release, kate
Kenzo is the one for U.S audiences so they stop having to fix it because vendortrash preinstalled from scalpers

I mean, it's not like anyone calls you anyway.

Sometime it takes 3 days sometime 10 days. depends. you can do it unofficially but it's risky.

It's the same one. it's not actually an international version, it just how vendors are calling it. it's the Taiwan version that has more bands than kenzo. kenzo is not for the U.S at all like the other guy said. Xiaomi doesn't sell their phones officially in the U.S. only in China India and Taiwan.

Well, i'm not in too much of a hurry, and I can't afford getting a new phone now, so i'll just wait.

Can we finally get some decent

I want to see the redmi 4 released. reeeee

Should I switch to a OP3 from my nexus 4? From what has leaked so far i feel like the Pixel one is going to be an expensive piece of shit.

Any major flaw of the OP3?

I'm about to fall for the Redmi 3
Is it possible to immediately put TWRP on it and flash a custom rom? Or does the waiting period apply here as well?

You must wait permission from Xiaomi to unlock your bootloader

Just put some electric tape over it.

Can anyone recommend a powered USB 3.0 hub that has one or two Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 ports?

-1080p pentile display, visually it's worse than a 326ppi retina device
-typical chink fucks who ring you around if you try to use the warranty
-decent chance something will go wrong hardware-wise within a year
+the camera is OK in daylight situations
+you can customize the hell of out it

Any better alternative to replace the nexus 4? A nexus 6p maybe?

how's custom rom support for the xperia m4 aqua?
i'm finding barely any roms

then there are none

youtube.com/watch?v=dTsg7EyYKFM
>the good and the bad

nice.
okay, xiaomemes it is then

Is the nexus 6p still worth to buy? I'm planning on buying a used one because I'm a poorfag.

Anyone has the redmi 2(s)?
i'm looking for personal experiences with the device as i don't trust pajeets

6p if you can afford it, but just wait for pixel to come out anyway even if you think it will be bad. There may be a price drop or the pixel might actually be good.

I'd also say Axon 7, but only if you're a complete autist who uses a smartphone for everything but as an actual phone. It has reception problems, both wifi and data. When you do make a call it also has an issue where your mic is muted and the other end can't hear you. Apparently it's both a hardware and software issue, so whether you need to RMA or pray that they fix it in an update is your guess.

Aside from that the specs are very good, typical for a chink phone that is trying to advertise itself. Terrible software. Terrible camera that only looks good on a spec sheet. Great front-facing speakers and 1440p AMOLED screen for consuming media and playing games. But that's about all it's good for.

>Snapdragon 820
>under $400

I thought the OnePlus 3 was the only one that cheap. How did I miss this one?

Thanks lads I don't think I'd go for the ZTE since a nexus 6p costs 386 euros whereas the zte costs 450 . The 6p would be a safer bet for me as a nexus user but I might as well wait for the pixel phones since google has been hyping them up that much

There's also the Mi 5 and the LeEco Le Max 2.

zuk z2 exists too

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16875705054&cm_re=axon_7-_-75-705-054-_-Product

>$399

That's not a real phone.

I'm in Italy mate no newegg for us unless I import from USA

That weak ass reception though. It can do everything except phone calls.

Pretty sure he needs the euro fuccboi version because he was talking about $euro$.

For what it's worth, I heard the euro version of the Axon 7 does not have reception issues. In fact it's really fast. But it might still have the muted mic problem. You also can't unlock the bootloader for the EU version because of warranty laws in the EU prevent Axon from dropping support for you.

You can unlock the bootloader in the US version in exchange for losing your warranty.

I've used a 16gb iphone 5s for over 2 years and never been bothered by the amount of space

So which one for yurop?

Would a 5" 3500 mah or 5.5" 4000 mah phone have better sot? Both have fhd screens.

Do you take pictures or record video? Then yes, 16gb will not be enough because the camera on the SE is really fucking good but also uses a lot of space.

Did the 64gb price not drop for euros? It went from $500 to $450 in the US.

Honestly I need to inform myself about the Axon 7 because I don't know much about it. But aside from that I limited my options to
>New Pixel if it is decent and not extremely costly
>Nexus 6p 386 euro on amazon
>HTC 10 600 ish euros
>Oneplus 3 399 euros
>Galaxy s7 530 ish euro

You just want to make other people miserable like you where.

Unless you need B20 get the regular RN3P.

what are the 5 best phone cameras on the market right now?

I'm still using it. the only thing I dislike is its batterylife, but what can you expect with 2+ years of abuse.

I take pictures and 5-10 sec video clips and it's just fine for that

Quick

Iphone 7 or 7+

Is the Xperia E5 a shit?

German here, ordered an Axon 7 to try it out, and it also has incredibly poor reception. Getting a OP3 instead, I'll miss the display

7+

Just received my BLU R1 HD. And i have a noob question for Cred Forums. Shpuld i use the remaining energy on the battery before recharging or is better if i recharge to full before using it?

7+

if you wanna waste your money do it properly

Anyone use powebanks?

>and it also has incredibly poor reception
Thanks for the heads up. I was thinking about the Axon 7 (in america) but now knowing it's reception issue is global I don['t want it. Chink shit is always missing something.

Band 20 is only one of five bands my provider uses.

You can use it just fine. recharge when you need to it doesn't matter anymore.

amazon.com/Anker-High-Capacity-16750mAh-Portable-External/dp/B00N2T7U90/ref=sr_1_1?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1474659080&sr=1-1&keywords=anker 16000
I use this bad boy. It was $20 when I got it. Then Pokego released and the price of all chargers went up.

Oh. Germany? bear in mind the kate version has no compatible cases because it's 2mm longer than the normal version.

People with really high-end phones, what do you even use all that power for? I assume most of the power goes into the processor and shit, since everything else has 1080p screens and stuff.

Dude I I'm constantly deleting shit of my 32gb phone.

The Xperia X compact almost the same price as the SE wtf are you talking about.

Also
>iPhone SE
>Fantastic camera
Lmao

pls

>SE camera
>not good
Did you use see 12MP and automatically dismiss it? Are you one of those guys that buy chink phones because their spec sheet looks really nice?

Can someone explain to me why the OP3s camera isn't the best on the market if it's one the highest quality cameras at 16mp?

how can phones like the SE, S7, etc. have better cameras with only 12MP?

software

Uk. I'm not bothered about cases, I don't drop my phone's.

What said and the fact that there's more to a camera's hardware than the megapixel count. For example, OIS-enabled cameras like the 6s+, 7, 7+, and galaxy S7 phones allow them to take really good low-light photos despite having "subpar" megapixels that Cred Forums autists cum over. muh discolored blurry 40mp

Having a 2011 tier selfie camera is not justified. iShit

whats the best flagship phone now or in the near future, i want something over engineered that thinks it can replace a laptop.

>he takes pictures of his pizza face
>he uses selfies as an argument on Cred Forums solely because he can use it against Applel when in any other situation he wouldn't care because he wants a file browser more than he wants a group chat with friends in college, setting himself up for 4 years of failure

>i'll take anything out of context to shit on apple

the redmeme 3s looks better each day. It's a real shame that there are no custom roms for that smartphone..

The reception problem has been fixed.

androidpolice.com/2016/09/19/axon-7-gets-updated-improved-signal-strength-september-security-patch/

>MT6735
>1.5GB RAM
>2300mAh
Yes.

amzn.com/B00VDVCQ84

- Laggy
- Glass Back
- Slow as fuck updates
- Expensive
- No front-facing speakers
- No USB-C
- Back/Recents buttons switched for some retarded reason

PowerIQ =/= Quick Charge 3.0

Make one.

>or get off of Cred Forums

16GB is poverty-tier

Ok, now I'm interested. .

size of pixels > Number of pixels

Beyond a certain point, of course.

64GB went from 589 to 550 euro MSRP in my country.

aw
i wish there was a sony phone under 200 eurobucks that was actually worth its price

is the wileyfox swift any good?

It might be poverty tier but fuck mang, 25% increase in price for some extra gigglebytes.

G4 is Lenovo now and its 5,5"

how about z3 compact? older, but still relevant

theguardian.com/technology/2016/sep/23/iphone-7-review-poor-battery-life?CMP=fb_gu
>The iPhone 7 is a missed opportunity. Apart from a bit of fluff retention the fit and finish, the cameras, fingerprint scanner, snappy performance and waterproofing are all great. But what does it matter how good it is when the battery is dead?
>3/5

Anybody else having issue with their HTC 10's phone signal?
It doesn't want to connect to my BT nano sim consistently.
Then again it could be an issue with EE in general. Our coverage is so bad in our particular area they had to send us a femtocell access point box.

Alright, help me ami/g/os

Which of the following four should I get and why ?

lg v20
iphone 7 plus
sony xz
note 4 (after they fixed the boom-boom-battery)

xz or galaxy s7

I meant note 7

i feel like i've lost all interest in smartphones but still require one with the specs i want (microsd slot + removable battery and not a ridiculous price)

it's an abstract kind of autism

naw man, just wait even the fixed note 7 will have some new random flaw, s7 or don't samsung at all

I'd go for the xz desu.

Samsung is locked up bullshit like iphone, iphone is - well - an iphone with no headphonejack (seriously why did they do that)
lg v20 is far too big for me and the detonote likes to detonote

The pixel doesn't even seem that bad desu lads, 5 inch phones are GOAT

I own one and they recently pushed it an update fixing issues with its reception
And the finger print scanner is noticeably faster and more accurate

virginmobile.ca/en/phones/phones-summary.html?itcid=NAV:2&filter=A3112012
Which one? Im leaning towards the SE

I have the patch installed. It's still shit.

but it will be most likely very expensive

Get the Axon 7 the only disappointing thing about the phone is it's tactile buttons on the US variant are small and not backlit but other than that it's a very solid phone for its pricetag

Easily a flagship killer

oh shit i forgot about that one
yeah this is definitely a good contender too

i seriously want to kill myself at this point

why is there not a SINGLE decent phone with microsd slot and removable battery for under 200 eurobucks?

I need a new phone with 64 gb that I can get no contract, since my trusty 1st gen Moto G is making me furious in its advanced age. Apple's got the SE 64gb for $620 here (Canada), so I'm considering it. Usually I wouldn't spend more than $500 or so on a phone because I'm a poor college kid, but everything I've looked at, G4 Plus, One Plus Two etc. seems to have some crippling weaknesses, poor components or general AIDS that is gonna fuck me over long term.

For me, music is the most important thing, I need 64 gb for sure, but I use my phone frequently for news, Cred Forums and what not, enough that I can't have a shitbucket. Can anyone here vouch for the SE to convince me to buy it, even if its a tad small and expensive? Or perhaps recommend me an alternative that isn't going to start to die in a year?

Because you're fucking poor? If you want a decent phone with those features than you'll need to work overtime, pajeet.

wileyfox swift

I have the SE 64gb, can say it's fantastic. It's small, obviously, but one handed usage is good. Slips in the pocket very easily despite my somewhat tight jeans. If you aren't a typical Cred Forums autist who needs a "mobile PC" and a file browser, it will suit your needs fine and it will have software support for years as usual for iphones.

It is expensive though, but very fast considering it has the A9 SoC. Great rear-camera as well. The front camera isn't good though, but that only matters if you're a selfie guy.

Also, if your phone comes with ios 9.3 you can jailbreak it. I'm sitting pretty on 9.3.3 JB and I have my autistic file browser which I never use.

>le poorfag meme xdddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd
>durrr paying more than 200 dollars makes you a cool rich kid
shut the fuck up and kill yourself, faggot

Thank you guys,

One thing is sure, now, the note 7 is out.
I wouldn't buy the galaxy s7 because i don't like the way it feels. The xz seems a good phone but is 3 gigs of ram, enough nowadays ? Also I would like something that 5.5" or bigger
So it's the v20 if my carrier going to have it, or the iphone, but i have to says that I would prefer the v20.

>kill yourself
Says the guy who wants to kill himself because he can't afford a good phone. kys

3gb is plenty, i've yet to see my phone actually fill 2gb, besides android is smart enough to know how to address memory when it gets low

My htc one m8 used to suffer from lag with it's 2 gb ram, gotta be said that I use a lot of xposed modules.
I am kinda scared to invest 600-700 burgers into a phone that might start lagging in less than 2 years

>56748367

Le Eco Le Max 2 apparently has all the LTE bands unlocked, even the elusive 12 on chink shit. Should I hammer down on the 4gb+32gb for 230$ for a rose gold? Or wait out and try to get a le pro 3?

Will these phones have chinkshit softward added on that I will have to worry about?

How's the LG G3s?

Do you want the 5.5"?
Would recommend ZUK Z2 with 64gb 4gb for about 260$ I think.

All of them have chinkshit in them even the unofficial cyanogenmod versions floating acround because the most users are chinks.
The zuk has a active community to be found at zukfans.eu/community/forums/zuk-z2.5/. You can easily remove the bloat with ADB after flashing cm or rr or whatever.

No band 12 support with my carrier
I was thinking if I wait for the Le Eco Le Pro 3 to release in U.S markets so it wouldn't have the chink shit added on top before being sent off

I'm really not a person to want to root my phone if at all possible.

merica' fag im guessing, yeh u dun good

>all of my friends use WhatsApp
wat do

>U.S
Ah I should have read more of your convo. Well then go for the Le Pro 2.
You'll need root to remove all the bloat and will probably need to flash the official stock ROM. Shops tend to put their own shit on phones.

use SMS like a regular grown person

once you get your parents and your boss in whatsapp you definitely want to stop using it anyway

I even had a group chat for work once
It was fucking awful

Is battery replacement on a redmi 3 feasible?

Well heres to hoping the Le Pro 3 has a full America release so I dont have to deal with vendor trash then. Was looking at the 1+3, but the Le Pro 3 is gonna launch at 300$ and is SD 821, 6gb, etc.

Failing that, the 1+3 has full band support but is a bit more expensive than I really wanted to drop on a phone.

What's all this? Had mine for months and months now. Something to be aware of?

OxygenOS always had issues in some form, must others have features that should be standard.

Just remove bloatware and reconsider if you really need to run 30 apps in the background and have that many modules
The battery will surely die anyways in less than 2 years if it uses that much power requiring you to recharge more often

This means phone is kill right?

Phone wen FUBAR and decided to try to flash it and well, i can see why it is fucked now.

Wileyfox swift or Redmi 3?

google it

That's what happens when you buy a chink phone

>The Galaxy A3 is interesting
A series isn't the Alpha, A series are nice mid rangers that Samsung drops in less than a year, and have shit community support
The Alpha is much higher end

>use SMS like a regular grown person
Thats only regular if your an amerifat

Educated countries dont really like to limit themselves to this dated 40yo standard

Redmi 3s.

Nobody does it the old way anymore. The only "contract" is if you decide to pay for your phone monthly on top of all the service fees.

It lasted 4 years, 3 before showing problems.
Not bad actually.

Amazon has a sale on unlocked phones:

amazon.com/b/ref=amb_BK6UWwDoSWKEE0iBkC3mXg_2?ie=UTF8&node=9565897011&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-top-2&pf_rd_r=74RM19FQG17DYAYXZM12&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=5890683b-d38f-4dda-956e-97911d3ce474&pf_rd_i=2407749011

nothing really good in there I think. BlackFriday should have some way better deals on items. Putting off my purchase until then.

Do I escape the google botnet if I put on cyanogenmod?

What about this, though:

amazon.com/gp/product/B01DZJFWNC/ref=s9_acss_bw_cg_unevh_2b1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-1&pf_rd_r=J1YEM2KMAV1YGA9S7W8K&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=c683cba0-1979-4d1c-a03f-1bece14105bc&pf_rd_i=9565897011

>Moto G4 Plus

HT20 if your'e in Europe.

xiaomitoday.com/homtom-ht20-review/

Does it have Facetime?

Honestly I dunno user with the SD 617 in it.
I would probably just save up some more and wait for Blackfriday to maybe get 50$ off chinkshit3 to enjoy the SD 820.

If pixel is a fail: 5x or 6p???

5x is sexier, 6p has 3 gb ram

6p. It'd be insulting otherwise. I did like the Nexus name, though.

It looks fucking good senpai. Only thing putting me off are the on-screen buttons.

What's wrong with the 5x??

It doesn't have bad specs, per se, but for a few dollars more, why not the 6p? I mean, if you're at your limit and really want to get into the Nexus line, then sure, why not, but if you can, then just hold out for that.

Horrible battery life.

>ChatSecure devs donate food to starving children
go with the other one unless you're a faggot. also, didn't Snowden say Signal wasn't secure?

how big is the 7 plus? i have a 5s, and have been testing out a moto x pure for the past few weeks but android is a laggy pos and I don't know whether to get the 7 or 7+
or wait for the 10th anniversary iphone

Last time I trusted a pajeet I got chinked p hard... Just saying

Bump limit
New thread here:

I have the shekels for the 6p, I just fond the the 5x more sexy, and not too big like the 6p. Still hesitate tho.

I don't care much for this since my phone will still be functional : double battery

>laggy pos
>never tried any flagship android phone after 2012 that supports CM.

Xperia z1-z3 has a VERY good camera with cyberian mod, better than my z5 modded.

In phone cameras, the sensor is 50% of the quality or less and the algorithms are the rest of the performance.

They also have a lot of xda support, z3 was my daily driver for years and I would've kept it longer if it didn't break. Currently buying 2 broken ones and fixing them up.

I need to get a 4inch phone. Im not talking any of this slightly bigger 4.5inch shit. I'm talking actually fits in your fucking pocket 4inch phone, like the nokia n9 was.

Is a fucking iphone se really my only choice?
I've not really got any experience with jailbreaking, but how is the opensource community for it? Is there an FDroid equivelent for ios?

Why wont anyone else make a decent 4 inch phone?

>Disclaimer: I am in 95th percentile for UK/US male height.

4inch is really faggy, I mean seriously...

I just cant get past how much better I personally found my Nokia N9 to hold in my hand and use then any larger phone i've ever used.

I can understand why a lot of people find a larger screen helpful, but the extra space just doesnt seem worth it to me for what I want to be able to get out of a smart phone.

see

probably not, I'll start some work on porting CM to mediakek for my tablets sake, and if I succeed I'll create an xda account for projects and start the dev of chink phones.

Yeah i get that. I myself fond the 5.5/5.7 meme ridiculous. My setup is 5.2 inches and a tablet for my big screen needs.

no one? pls respond