Wtf is wrong with my Code?

Can someone point out to me what is wrong with my code?
My program won't run.
It keeps saying "invalid syntax" and I don't know why. It doesn't even highlight anything.

def main():
notsnick=0
notchoc=0
eval (input("cookie?"))
if input is snickerdoodle:
print (yum)
else:
notsnick=1
if input is chocolate:
print (yum)
else:
notchoc=1
if notsnick=1 and notchoc=1:
main()

should also mention that it's python

also that i'm a noob to this

are you seriously converting people's images into webm to show smaller file sizes?

You got me.

CUNT

In your if statements , use == instead of = . also , use true or false instead of one or zero

Nigga OP posted an image 38X bigger than it needs to be, you should be getting mad at him.

I have literally never used python before but shouldn't your input comparisons be in double quotes? like input is "snickerdoodle"?

Your else's shouldn't be indented

Yum is not defined (use quotes if you want to print the string)

Its print("whatever you want to print")

At least for python 3.5

>using = instead of ==
>not declaring variables before using them
>not quoting strings
>wrong indentation
Back to basics my friend

What the fuck are you even trying to do here OP
Why are you calling main() inside itself

>bigger than it needs to be

you can never go to big with reviewbrah

>true/false

why? what is the difference?
just for clarity?

>back to basics

yeah, no shit m8. I told you I was a noob.
I love it when you guys do that shit. Would I make fun of you because your neckbeard ass couldn't run a mile?

the program is supposed to repeat itself

anyway, this is what I have now.
it runs at least, but when I enter the input, it brings up an error

def main():
notsnick=0
notchoc=0
eval (input("cookie?"))
if input is snickerdoodle:
print ("yum")
else:
notsnick=1
if input is chocolate:
print ("yum")
else:
notchoc=1
if notsnick==1 and notchoc==1:
main()
main()

Are snickerdoodle and chocolate supposed to be strings?

Also since your input can be either snickerdoodle or chocolate but not both at the same time, the recursion never hits

what do you mean?

the way I read the program, it asks for an input.
then, if the inputted string/what is typed is "snickerdoodle", it will print "yum" and the program will end.
if the inputted string isn't "snickerdoodle", it will set notsnick=1 for future reference.

the same goes with chocolate.

after checking both snickerdoodle and chocolate, if notsnick and notchoc equal 1, then that means I haven't typed "snickerdoodle" or "chocolate", and the program will repeat itself, starting from the beginning.

At least that's is how it's supposed to work.

If you know you should go back to basics then why are you asking questions than can be answered by understanding basics? You asked for advice and I gave it to you. Nobody is going to hold your hand you sensitive little cunt. Do the fucking work like the rest of us.

Well, you got a type problem, which can be fixed simply but that's on you.
The bigger logic question is: can your input string be snickerdoole and chocolate at the same time?

Also, your future reference will be gone as soon as the program ends

someone's triggered.
did you get bullied in school user?
do you automatically hate anyone that doesn't have the same skills as you?

lol, grow up you aspergers retard.

nobody else seemed to have any problem with my questions, and they were happy to help with being an asshole like you.

>type problem

what do you mean? I've changed everything that people said need fixing.
Actually, I just noticed thismy code looks like this now

def main():
notsnick=0
notchoc=0
eval (input("cookie?"))
if input is "snickerdoodle":
print ("yum")
else:
notsnick=1
if input is "chocolate":
print ("yum")
else:
notchoc=1
if notsnick==1 and notchoc==1:
main()
main()

>can your input string be snickerdoole and chocolate at the same time?

I don't think so.

That's what I mean by type problem.

Now what do you think is the problem? Because I bet if you run it it's not going to run like you'd hoped

You're the one who threw a tantrum because I suggested you reread the basics of Python and Programming. All the mistakes you made are all outlined in any beginner book or the Python documentation. The code you posted didn't have 1 or 2 small errors, it had a plethora of mistakes that shouldn't be made by someone who's spent an hour or 2 reading syntax. I'm sorry you lack the ability to google and build a foundation before writing programs. This isn't a your safe place.

fuckoff pls

ok, whatever m8. if you don't want to help, then just don't help.

>Now what do you think is the problem?

I don't know, I have no clue. That's why I'm posting here.
Obviously there is something wrong with the code, but telling me "that's what I mean by type problem", without specifying what, in response to the same code that I already have, doesn't do anything in the way of helping me understand what's wrong.

>Because I bet if you run it it's not going to run like you'd hoped

once, again, that's why I'm posting here. I already know that it doesn't run correctly.

Reddit might be more for you user.

fuckoff pls

Hey kid, I'm about the only one helping you out here, so maybe try to not chimp out because you can't handle the bantz
I think I know exactly what's the problem, but since you're gonna act like a whiny brat I'm not telling you unless you post some tits

>can't handle the bantz

but that's not even bantz, you just aren't helping.

>I think I know exactly what's the problem

yeah, no shit

fuckoff then.

I got better things to do, and there about 1000 other places on the internet I can get help with this.

>whiny brat

the sad part is, you might be autistic enough to believe that. people like you are generally incapable of seeing their own faults in social situations.
maybe you got triggered when I said the whole aspergers thing?

see you then I guess. You won't be getting any tits from me. Or probably at all.

Hope you wrote a bot for that or something

I see the point of this post now. Write some retarded piece of code to bait us into actually helping while you act like a faggot for the lulz. No one can be this stubborn when people are actually helping. Or maybe you're just a stubborn teenager.

assing your input to something first and then make the comparisons
use booleans for notsnick and notchoc
also your variables will get overriden (with zero) when main() executes again

you should use codecademy or something other site for retard level exercises.

You're using 'input' wrong.

A good mantra for any programming language supporting eval is "My code is using eval, so it is probably wrong".

Do your own homework OP, stop sperging out on Cred Forums for an hour.

def main():
notsnick = True
notchoc = True
resp = input("cookie? ")

if resp == "snickerdoodle":
notsnick = False
print("yum")

if resp == "chocolate":
notchoc = False
print("yum")

if notsnick and notchoc:
main()

main()

This is still not the best way to do this but it's close enough to your own code that I think you can understand how you should be doing things.

Fuck off

What?

When a troll and/or retard comes to Cred Forums asking for homework on a really basic problem and is generally an autistic bitch to everyone, you don't just feed him a solution. It encourages him to come back the next time he can't handle something simple and shit up the board more

Not same guy but do you really think not giving him the solution will somehow work? He's going to shitpost regardless of what we say.

Shit up the board? I rather have 20 threads like these than "AMD VS NVIDIA #214365"

This

>shit up the board more

>implying that this thread isn't more interesting than the 5659434098538945th AYYMD/NOVIDO BTFO thread

Or you can just drive him away with bantz

>one type of shit thread exists
>therefore all other types of shit threads are justified and cannot be criticized
I want newfags to leave

Except in the "shit thread" spectrum this is nowhere near 90% of threads on Cred Forums.

Hey bro when are you going to tell hiroyuki to let us have webp