Kaby lake vs zen

At the moment what do you think about this battle? Who do you think that will win?

Other urls found in this thread:

anandtech.com/show/9483/intel-skylake-review-6700k-6600k-ddr4-ddr3-ipc-6th-generation/9
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Bob will win

obviously kaby lake
amd a shit

Most people wont even use the new features of kaby lake. Its basically skylake with a couple new video codecs

>AMD
>Winning

Kaby lake will be better.

Zen will hopefully be an acceptable option though due to price. Hopefully AMD will get some market share and money allowing them to add improvements and hopefully get a competitive normy chip for next time.

>people buying new CPUs
>not used
Why?

Bassically this:
Zen WON'T dissapoint, but wont be a K8 level wonder.

Im almost shure it will be on par with has/broadwell but we are no insiders and such this is merely speculation from reading.

The KL thing is true, since Intel changed the Tick-Tock release schedule, KL will be a really minor update over Broadwell, at most it wil correct the IPC penalty SL currently has (with 5XXX being on par or most times a little faster)

I have a 8320 and before that i had a 720 BE unlocked to 920. (8320 costed me really 20 yes TWENTY USD) I will update in time for Zen+ or Cannonlake i just hope Intel does a nice IPC update over Skylake and AMD can at least be in par with Skylake with Zen+

AMD's goal is to be 2nd place, and they even suck at that

>on-par with broadwell
>Intels housefire tier failure
lol

Zen APUs will be amazing with HBM and loads of cache.

Better than the Xbox One 2.0 whatever they end up calling it.

sandy bridge

Care to explain what is wrong with skylake?

amd is the one that is making some cpus that have to have water cooling to stop from catching on fire.

Im talking IPC levels, AMD iirc is using an 14nm process that is is even more optimized that the current 14nm we are seeing in the RX 460-480. I do expect CPU's from 95 to 35w but we can't speculate about thermals not even with the newest A12 chips since those are still 28nm.

Also IIRC the problem with broadwell was the quality of the heat spreader on the cpu with a bunch of people delidding them.

Skylake was introduced with the new release schedule from Intel instead of the ol' Tick-Tock.

This was because the updates are minimal, theyre more of a revision than of an actual uArch update, better manufacturing process, better hardware codec support, even better thermals, but less overclocking abilities and some times an IPC penalty (this i think is due to the memory controller changing from DDR3 to 4)

You can look for benchmarks of software that utilizes the newest tech in Skylake and see gains but also you can check synthetic benchmarks or gaming benchmarks and see the software not taking advantage of skylake.

When Skylake was launched i tought of upgrading but im seriously waiting for better DDR4 memory controllers and the prices of 3000+ memory to drop (they cost triple of wat a 2133 mhz kit cost here)

>only 10% above Haslel
wow AMD sure is looking towards the future

Realistically, Kaby Lake.

t. AMD fanboy

kaby lake is literally rebranded skylake, why wait?

Im not sure what alot of that means.
I got a skylake i7, did I done goof?
I dont gaym, sometimes I will, but I do alot of compiling, compression, and virtual machine type stuff.. did I fuck up?

no way to tell unless they're both out

both companies have surprised and disappointed in the past

speculation is dumb

No, you didnt fuck up. I have what? 4-5 years with my 8320 and virtualize 3-4 machines at the time (windows xp, Gentoo and manjaro) and it just werks.

that i7 is gonna be rock solid for years...fuck i have friends who still use i7 860-920 cpus...those things are fucking amazing.

If you do stuff with vp9 or x264, kaby lake has built in stuff. Its not rebranded skylake, more like skylake 1.2.
I went with skylake because I personally wouldnt benefit that much from the wait and I like the name "skylake" better than "kabbylake".

Personally, I see no reason to wait.

>I have what?
I dont recall asking if you had anything. My deleted post was me changing "is" to "i7".
People think you need super chips to virtualize and you really dont. I just upgraded from a 2core non-hyperthreaded wolfdale @2.5 ghz and I could run a couple vms on it ontop of win7 and it would only shit itself when I maxed out my 4gb of ram.
Now I have a shit load of breathing room.
I will say though, before I wouldn't dare to try nested virtual machines. No I did dare. I did seamless mode in everything and in the guests guest os (2 vms in) I wound up on youtube and was watching shit for hours and forgot I was even in vms. I closed out of firefox and was like "wait, dont I use linux.. oh yea"

My 3000mhz ram cost less than 2133mhz, but it was also $6 off on sale

Mention of my cpu was for the sake of comparison.

Where i live its a whole lot more expensive.

16gb DDR4 2133mhz Kingston HyperX is 80 USD.
16gb DDR4 3200mhz Kingston or AData value ram is 150 USD.
16gb DDR4 3000mzh Kingston HyperX or G.Skill is almost 170 USD.
32gb DDR4 3200mzh Kingston HyperX is 210-230USD.

On the contrary a 16gb DDR3 1866Mzh is something like 50 USD
32gb kits are north of 90usd i have 12gb installed on my system.

T H U N D E R B O L T 3

AMD wins no matter what as they're improving the only thing wrong with their CPU's. At the very least they lay a solid foundation.

>Mention of my cpu was for the sake of comparison.
oh, I see.
Do you have that skylake chart with ddr4 factored in? I tried googleing the filename but didnt see anything.

Battle?
Zen is going to lose.
The whole point of Zen is that it's good enough to not die.

Bulldozer was a walking abortion

Not the best of sources, but they do explain good enough how they do their test.

anandtech.com/show/9483/intel-skylake-review-6700k-6600k-ddr4-ddr3-ipc-6th-generation/9

wow, skylake really shits on everything else like that?
I've been thinking I should have gone with one of those 2011 sockets for the last month or so.

Zen is nothing like bulldozer tho

fucking hell /g

NONE OF YOU KNOW JACK SHIT

nobody does because theyre not fucking out yet
how the fuck do you justify posting in this troll thread?
are you all psychics? fortune tellers? fuck the fuck off holy fucking shit.
worse than fucking tech blogs at this point.
on par with nvidiot v ampoor and cut v uncut

>you mean we cant have healthy discussion?

ITS NOT A DISCUSSION, YOURE SHITPOSTING SPECULATIVE LINKS AND SHILLING HYPE FUCKING FUCK OFF

fucking kys yourself the fucking lot of you my fucking GOD

>tho
Don't do this unless you want people to think you're retarded

tho
comfy
cozy
frog
desu
senpai
senpai
fampie
lenny
>>>/reddit/

Theyve literally said that its just skylake "with different default speeds and more video codecs".
Youre just an idiot that didnt read anything and assumes that just because you dont konw something that noone else does.
You literally lack a theory of mind.

Is either one going to give me a reason to move from my i5 4690?

no

>2012+4
>not using Sandy Bridge

I'm just glad that after 10 years we are finally getting real innovation again.

Maybe.

>FireWire 2.0

Zen will be bulldozer 2.0
every time a AMDfag says "its gonna be different this time!" theyre proven wring

Wait, arnt video codecs supposed to be software designed in C? How in the fuck can they be embedded into CPU architecture?

literally meme magic.
I think they are making a little circuit that specializes in just decoding the video files. Kinda weird if you ask me.