The entire google homepage is generated with javascript

>The entire google homepage is generated with javascript
>Google's homepage can't be parsed by webcrawlers..

What an age to be alive

Other urls found in this thread:

scraping.compunect.com/
github.com/asciimoo/searx
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Works fine on my machine. And most web crawlers these days run Javascript.

>every site uses JavaScript
>it heats up your computer to 200 degrees
What an awful time to be alive.

I thought I was the only one with this problem :( My lap burns

NoScript's a godsend

How long until sites start having a Javascript-less version

minus ten years later.

When tinfoilers who disable Javascript prove that they generate revenue instead of just wasting up bandwidth.

My dell doesn't heat up.

And Javascript bloat doesn't waste more bandwidth already?

Do adblock detectors pick up on noscript? As in, will I get an annoying wall telling me to disable an extension on the sites that do that shit?

I see paywalls here and there but I use my browser's built in adblocker too, not sure if just NoScript will be detected by anti adblock shit

JavaScript was the worst invention of the 20st century.

>20st

>google

>using the google homepage
How's your back treating you grandpa?
[spoiler]Just type what you wanna search in the fucking url-bar like everyone else you cunt[/spoiler]

No. Pressing F5 and redownloading the entire document for every tiny change is what wastes bandwidth. Try writing a chat service without javascript.

try using a decent computer

found the AMD poorfag

Use DuckDuckGo, and FuckFuckGoogle.

Easy. Don't put the chat service in a web page. Web pages are for documents.

Is Google Search now a chat service?

Just try. I don't know which sites you use.

The TOS does not allow scraping google results. A few of my IP's got blocked from excessive sessions.
I like using
scraping.compunect.com/
or either indirectly from instances of
github.com/asciimoo/searx
or directly from their engine.

I would except it's fucking shit and unusable

>don't run things in a sandboxed environment!
>instead download shady programs that have full access to your home directly any time you need a dynamic UI!
What a great idea.

Run them sandboxed like phone applications are.
Develop new systems were common forms of dynamic content like a storefront or a forum or a search engine get their own protocols and browsers tailored to their needs. Each type of browser can be made a lot simpler and we can still have big browsers that can handle all sorts of content types.

Why the fuck would anyone ever want to limit themselves to some shitty template?

Actual layout is almost entirely decided by user's browser with hints provided by the page they are viewing.
The data being sent—whether that's an article, or a discussion board, or a bunch of links—doesn't care about layout. User wants data. Server serves data and optional styling hints. Browser decides how to best display data given user's preferences and environment.
If you, the content producer, need it (because your service requires more than the common templates provide), you can distribute an application that runs in a sandbox and can do whatever you want. There will be application stubs available that give you what you need to deploy a js application that looks just like what we have now.
Downloading and installing these applications can be made almost seamless to the end user with some cleverness and they can be kept around so you don't have to keep serving the same layout and functionality code over and over when the user revisits your application.

So you mean, exactly the way it is now? You do realize that javascript is cached right?

javascript is the cancer of all technology you should block it completely never visit pages that use it out of spite.
the vulnerabilities are real

underage b&

The sandboxed environment is meant to look pretty similar to the way it is right now but not so much caching as saving.
The focus of the system I'm working on is on the other side of things where a lot less data being served and where things look a lot more like documents than applications.

Yes. I'm very frustrated with where the web is at right now.

How are you on Cred Forums?

it is not a shitty blank page without it
it only adds extra functionality
which is the thing most webdevs dont get

Why should webdevs care about people with Javascript turned off? They are always autistic tinfoilers. They don't view ads. They don't buy anything. They don't bring anything of value to the table.

Honestly, speaking, if you want work as a webdev you can't be writing vanilla HTML+CSS w/ JS pages anymore, that shit looks amateur.
If you want your website to look like it came from 1995, go right ahead.

It's time to drop that Netburst and get a new machine

and let compute-1.amazonaws.com let it get its fucking hooks in me?

fuck that. at least google tries to make good free products. amazon is just a fucking jew ass kike

This idiot has never experienced the joy of tech support via live chat on websites.

You can code a /NoScript block in html but the vast majority of sites don't. By default they can't "detect" anything since even js can't run without you going into a menu and allowing the site to run scripts.

It really is a godsend and I've been using it for 6 years. It's absolutely worth the initial time adding sites you use to the whitelist

DO NOT USE GOOGLE, APPLE OR MICROSOFT.

>can't write a JS parser
Cry more silly babby.

I don't think anyone is arguing about using Javascript for dynamic web applications. But holy hell, what the fuck do I need tons of JS for if I'm just reading the news?

this
my x230 does not like it

Why the fuck would you crawl Google's homepage?