How is MM/DD/YYYY even a thing?

How is MM/DD/YYYY even a thing?

Why not try DD-YYYY-MM then? Or even MM-YYYY-DD?

This is ridiculous!

>pic unrelated

Why not DD-MM-YYYY ?

How can I convert American hours to microwave and military time?

But DD-MM-YYYY is natural and logical, user.

YYYY-MM-DD is the international standard.

>big-endian

De jure, but the de facto standard is DD/MM/YYYY.

12 possible months
31 possible days
Billions of possible years

Numbers are organized by the size of the range of possible values in increasing order, from left to right.

It's a logical system. It's just organized in a different way than you are used to.

There are 24 possible hours, do you retards put them between the months and the days?

It is logical to order measurement units by order of magnitude. It is not logical to order measurement units by the cardinality of their domain.

>it´s the standard because it´s the only one that can be properly sorted
why can´t MM-DD-YYYY fags not just accept the proper way to do it

>do not respond to americans
>do not respond to american tripfags
>do not respond to ignorant american tripfags
>do not respond to ignorant american tripfags on a cantonese hippopotamus bathing blog

It's like you enjoy arguing with retards

>How is MM/DD/YYYY even a thing?
'murkka

YYYY-MM-DD is less ambiguous, you can't confuse that with the MM-DD-YYYY cancer

your post was written at
09/21/23/53/41/2016

looks reasonable to me

Personally I use "YYYY MM DD"

How do you read "DD/MM/YYYY" in your head?
When I see it say

>day day, month month, year year year year

/thread
Now everyone get out

>because of americans we can't have nice things

2016 Fri Sept 23

YYYY-dd-MM-DD

Because when you speak you don't say 23 september, you say september 23rd

Not in our civilized countries we don't. Don't go shoot up a cinema out of anger now, Donald

Thanks for reminding me why English is a pleb-tier language.

>you don't say 23 september
23rd of september
wow that was hard
if someone asks you what date it is odds are they don't mean the fucking month, if I include it at all it comes after the day.

Naw, they give you the month then the day, or the numerical month then the day, they omit the year first because they assume you know what year it is.

You have it backwards for some reason.

This is how it is in most of Europe.

That is how it is almost everywhere.

>"let's meet on the 29th!"
>"let's meet in august!"
which one is more accurate, amerifats?

>Numbers are organized by the size of the range
what kind of stupidity is this

The 4th of July.

Sadly, yes. It's a pain in the ass to see something like 4/8/2017 in some random website and not knowing if it means April or August. Thanks, amerifats!

Its swapped for emphasis because its a national holiday.

what the shit is that abortion

well we put dates on things to sort our archives so its easier to find a file in a given date. in real institutions, we have to deal with large amounts of documents from years, sometimes decades ago, so it is easy to see that we first look for the year of the document, then month, then day. that being said,

YYYY/MM/DD

is the best.

>dates have to be swapped because the original way is so shitty it´s not worthy of a national holiday
well done amerifags

Americans use either in speech. Not even just for the 4th of July.

ITT flare your autism in the sanctity of other spergs

YYYY/MM/DD is the best approach
MM, DD is appropriate when speaking "It is September 23rd." Sure you could say "It is the 23rd of September" but that takes extra syllables that I need to save to order my Big Mac, now fuck off.

how retarded are your people that you need to say the month?
you are supposed to say "It is the 23rd"
the month and the year are assumed because people at least the ones i am around are not retarded enough to forget that shit

Didn't your teachers teach you anything? The 23rd of what user? The 23rd banana?

hey user what day is it?
it´s Friday the 3rd. (you add friday if you want to be especially fancy or if it has relevance, the month barely ever has relevance so it´s not added)

no not even my teachers were retarded enough to say the damn month everyday
yes even the grade school teachers didn´t have to do that

You are supposed to answer like that to "what day is it", not "what date".

If someone asks what day then the answer is "It is Friday." If they ask for the date "It is September 23rd."

what happened the 9 November 2001

This.
If you name a your files YYYY-MM-DD you can easily sort them by age.

Because usually when you're doing business things, you sort things by Month, then the day with the year being least relevant.

My work makes us write YYYY/MM/DD on everything and I hate it because writing the year is largely redundant on everything we do.

Deedee emem whywhywhywhy

What happens when you have files for the second year?

Why does it matter? It doesn't.

You tend to file things away at the end of the year, user. Sorting by year only becomes relevant for archiving stuff. For day to day business, month and day is far more important.

In my case, I have to write the YYYY-MM-DD when using monthly forms that are already dated for the year and month at the top. It's just incredibly redundant.

RFC 3339 defines a profile of ISO 8601 for use in Internet protocols and standards.

The proper way to write down any date is actually Year Month Day, and I can prove it.

When you write dates like Americans, the grammatically correct way taught in schools is to write it as September 23rd, 2016.

Note the comma.

When you cite authors as sources and you write the last name first, you write it as Smith, John. The first name comes after the comma, and the last name comes first.

Since dates share that comma, 2016 is the "first name" of the date, with September and 23rd being the middle and last names, respectively.

So, this means the only people who habitually write dates in the correct order are the Japanese.