Twitter may be bought by Google

reuters.com/article/us-twitter-m-a-idUSKCN11T1GT

Twitter has something Google wants, and Twitter needs Google's shekels and infrastructure.

Do you use Twitter? Will you stop using it if Google purchases it? Do you think it'll make people (especially the privacy-concerned) move to GNU Social servers (like gs.smuglo.li)?

Other urls found in this thread:

gs.smuglo.li)?
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I just lurk

>do you use twitter
I don't think anybody outside USA does.

>I don't think anybody outside sjw does.
ftfy

There's no such thing as privacy on the Internet.

Google should buy the whole fucking internet and get it over with

They pretty much already own it anyway.
The vast majority of sites uses at least one of their services and they pretty much make the rules these days.

I will have to stop using it if this happens, and that makes me sad.

It'll depend if they overturn some of the decisions that the Twitter team have been making lately which are pretty much trying to kill Twitter already.

DESU, I don't mind that much if google buys it. I'll take them over salesforce. I'm already integrated into the google hivemind as far as my public life is concerned so no loss there.

They don't really have marketshare in social media so it's not very surprising. Microsoft's carved out the enterprise space, facebook's got all the old people and teeny-boppers on fb/instagram. May as well have the scraps and take all the journos and academics

>deep learning anitwitter's shitposts
I hope something good would come out of it.

That's what they do.
Google Fiber, Google Fi phone plan, African internet connection

You know.

Well, at least it's not bought by facebook

I wouldn't even be surprised. Google wants platforms to control the flow of information that the average person gets. Twitter (right now) is a good way to achieve that agenda by "sanitizing" it. Kind of like what they're going to do with youtube heroes.

I thought Twitter was part of facebook already

>Do you use Twitter?
Yes.

>Will you stop using it if Google purchases it?
Probably, but not immediately.

>Do you think it'll make people (especially the privacy-concerned) move to GNU Social servers (like gs.smuglo.li)?
I already have one, but can't connect to my blog, so fuck it.

>I don't think anybody outside USA does.
Wrong. Use the search bar for word in another languages. You'll see that other countries uses.

There is. But not on social media.

>india has the second highest number of twitter users
You can't make this pajet up.

Tay

Good point. I would immediately delete it if this happened.

if google buy facebook and microsoft they will be the fucking internet owner, thats it
Facebook is dying, maybe if google purchases it (probably not) will make it better.

>yet another funny money company gets gobbled up

and nothing of value is lost, probably will keep my sparse twitter account anyway, might not, haven't really thought about it.

I've seen hundreds of Japanese accounts.

>Do you use Twitter?

NO
O