Youtube app with background play

i just switched to android from ios and im looking for an app like tubex, which lets you watch youtube videos like the youtube app but continues to play the video in the background when you switch to another app. is there an app as good as tubex on android? all i could find was one that only works if i share the video from the youtube app with it or another one that floats the video, which i dont like.

Newpipe from Fdroid

Just use the official YouTube app with the YouTube background xposed module.

this does the job, thanks.
i rooted my s7 edge after seeing your post, seems like i also need to flash recovery for xposed which seems to be a pain in the ass.

For a new Android user this seems hard, but having xposed is awesome. Adblockers, YouTube background playback, remove YouTube ads, loads of system tweaks ans hacks etc

alright, went balls deep and installed twrp. had to sacrifice my /data though. ;+;
hope xposed will be worth it.
thanks.

NewPipe is pretty bad imo. Any alternative to that shit app that isn't made in Java?

Firefox

OGYoutube, it's a modded YouTube client

YouTube Red.

i prefer not to use youtube all together because it destroys mobile data. I use app called Stream that floats utube videos and then i use Battery GO to black out the screen.

>i prefer not to use youtube all together because it destroys mobile data. I use app called Stream that floats utube videos and then i use Battery GO to black out the screen.
Where did one get "stream" user

Newpipe stops the video playing when you change focus. Eat shit and die faggot

So no real answer

WebTube in f-droid

This.

OG Youtube. It can also download the videos.

I have NewPipe & WebTube installed.
WebTube to browse channels and NewPipe to watch the vid (on WebTube I go "... > Open in browser > NewPipe).
Works pretty well but I'd prefer if NewPipe had the ability to browse channels.

Sounds like og YouTube.

Let's you play in background while you use other apps or screen off. Also let's you download videos or songs of it.

WebTube by itself has background play.

Does Youtube AdAway work with OG Youtube?

Firefox Browser