Why aren't you creating software, Cred Forums?

Why aren't you creating software, Cred Forums?

too lazy

Don't care to.

im not a fag

Took the networking route in school and now I regret not being a brogrammer.

Because I told myself I'd learn programming 2 months ago and haven't started yet

>tfw Cred Forums is tech illiterate non programmers
big surpise

this and too stupid.

because im writing a book

For the same reasons you're not writing a novel

about programming?

But I am.
I'm working on a portfolio so I can get hired and not continue this stupid fucking CS degree any longer.

Going to college for computers was a mistake.

because everything you can think of already exists.

you made the right choice

because the week is over

Because I don't have any ideas on what to work on, and if I think of something, itd be way out of my abilities

man I get this

I make software all the time.

One of these days I'm going to program a Linux taskbar from scratch.

I'm getting sick and tired of the piss-poor offerings available to me. Cinnamon's taskbar is the closest thing to a good taskbar and it has flaws.

I am. Taking a break for a bit.

+1

I do C++,3D. But I realized that the software market is foobar. Big companies are mostly lying, stealing propaganda machines. They brainwashed consumers into zombies. If I try to promote my apps I get banned from everywhere. I live from alms and my last visit to the cinema is six years ago. Until 40 you are a slave after that you stop existing.

I'm a piece of shit programmer. No matter how much I know, everything I create is shit.

I wrote a life expectancy calculator in Python that asks a bunch of questions then tells you how close you probably are to death. I made an Android app that requests root access then bricks your phone. C is too hard for me. I have a domain and server space, and the best I can come up with is a media streaming server that I can't figure out.

I am trash and my life is trash.

samesies, also nice quints

Creating authentication portion of my app tonight hopefully.

Everything I need already exists and I'm not skilled enough to fix the bugs in the software I use.

are you me?

>Why aren't you creating software, Cred Forums?

Because I ran out of Modafinil

wew lad.

But I am all the time. It's my job.

Wut u working on senpai?

I'm full stack, why aren't you?

I ran out and had to improvise with a bunch of shit I found on Amazon.

Because I'm just not that interested in it. I enjoy hardware & networking more than I do programming.

Not in my job description.

it's past 5pm.

Don't give up user. I believe in you.

I'm creating software professionaly Monday-Friday. It's a demanding project and I'm too burned out to do it on the weekends. On weekends I just browse Cred Forums and play games. Fuck you.

i'd like to help on whatever it is. im pretty much in the same position. got a github?

too busy creating memes

emacs exists so there is no reason to continue writing independent programs

only elisp now

all other software is deprecated

Is there much need for a standalone proper taskbar? Most people who want taskbars use full desktop environments and those all have taskbars

I have no idea I can do without money and I don't have money to do the things I want to do.

I create EnterpriseĀ®ā„¢ software at work.

At home I'm out of ideas for personal projects :(

I have 2 years left of my degree and wanted to spend the last 4 weeks programming like there's no tomorrow to get an internship next year.

Yet here I am watching Netflix and browsing 4chins like the normie loser I am

I'm a web dev wageslave

>Why aren't you creating software, Cred Forums?
I am

Because the C64 is hard as fuck to learn machine code on.

corporation or freelance?

Because I fell for the "CS studying" meme. After finishing stupid assignments - which will nobody care for after graduation - you're too exhausted to just sit down and PROGRAM something, because your Profs thinking that knowing how to solve integrals will make you the next Jew in the coding world.

Just stop fishing for top grades.

Average grades + good internships will net you much more than top grades + mediocre/no programming skills

(unless you want to go into academia)

Smallish company (dev team is ~25 people)

>you made the right choice

Definitely if finding work is what don't want.

It's easy to say when you just can't code.

its monkeyboy doing his monkeyboy dance

developers developers developers

I do personally, but if you ask in a more general term, then I think the reason people are not more active is that they do not know what to do to help.
People who have been in the industry for a long time have a different view of what is trivial information and what is not.

When I started, I found a lot of "documentation" which basically said that how easy something was rather than talk about how it worked.

I believe that if you document how things work, more people will be able to learn than simply telling them what to do.