/spg/ - Smartphone General

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of March 2016
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>Shill your Xiaomi
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES unless you live in America you shits

>News:
BLU Life One X2 launches with SD430, Quick Charge 3.0, USB Type-C port, Fingerprint scanner, 4 GB of RAM - 64 GB internal all this for $150.
gsmarena.com/blu_life_one_x2_launches_with_1080p_screen_16_mp_camera_for_14999-news-20657.php

Samsung Galaxy On7 (2016) launched with Snapdragon 625 SoC, 5.5-inch full HD display
gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_on7_2016_goes_official_with_snapdragon_625_soc_55inch_full_hd_display-news-20670.php

Sony Xperia XZ Review
phonearena.com/reviews/Sony-Xperia-XZ-Review_id4255

The Galaxy S8 might run on a 10nm Exynos 8895 chip with ARM's latest Mali-G71 GPU
phonearena.com/news/The-Galaxy-S8-might-run-on-a-10nm-Exynos-8895-chip-with-ARMs-latest-Mali-G71-GPU_id85756

LeEco Le Pro 3 goes official: Snapdragon 821, 6GB RAM, 4070 mAh battery for $299
phonearena.com/news/LeEco-Le-Pro-3-goes-official-Snapdragon-821-6GB-RAM-4070-mAh-battery-and-more_id85656

Huawei Honor 8 review—Huawei’s software sucks all joy out of this $400 device
arstechnica.com/gadgets/2016/09/huawei-honor-8-review-decent-hardware-but-you-can-do-better-for-400/

Xiaomi Redmi 3S Review | Prime Version
youtu.be/muTJ3jkvWA4

previous

Other urls found in this thread:

aliexpress.com/item/FREE-shipping-Original-Xiaomi-Redmi-Note-3-Pro-prime-Snapdragon-650-Hexa-Core-5-5-3GB/32597648722.html
geekbuying.com/item/Xiaomi-Redmi-Note-3-Pro-5-5-Inch-FHD-3GB-32GB-Smartphone-371732.html
youtube.com/watch?v=8NLZ-BCoQyI
amazon.com/Anker-Charger-Compatible-PowerPort-PowerIQ/dp/B017JT6846
amzn.com/B00SIQIV04
forum.xda-developers.com/redmi-note-3/help/rn3p-stopped-charging-t3464283
youtube.com/watch?v=bpS7OlxSeK8
forum.xda-developers.com/redmi-note-3/development/rom-cyanogenmod-13-t3431866
twitter.com/AnonBabble

iPhone SE thoughts?

I think I want to go back to a small phone

>Country: South Africa
>Previous Phone: Samsung Galaxy Note 3
>Preferred Screen Size: 5.7in or larger
>Must have removeble battery
>Must have external storage
>Back camera of 13MP+ would be nice
>Must be Android
>Budget isn't too much of an issue (contract)
>It would be nice if it came in a nice box (I carry my phone around in the box and have been doing so for 3 years now)

Nexus 6p

Sorry I forgot, no removable battery on the 6p

Not sure if this entirely the right thread for smartwatches but is the sony smartwatch 3 any good?

Best way to take apart redmeme note 3 pro without guitar pick?

for what purpose?

Would a 5" 3500 mah or 5.5" 4000 mah phone have better sot? Both have fhd screens.

what soc?

I don't know, ask someone else than me iguess LOL

>Canada
>Koodo

wanted features:
>GLONASS
>dustproof
>at least 3GB ram
>microsd slot
>really good battery
>back camera - at least 13MP
>face camera - 5-8 MP
>rootable (my Rugby LTE wasn't)
>size: 5.5" or smaller

budget:

Can anyone recommend me a seller for RN3P?

aliexpress.com/item/FREE-shipping-Original-Xiaomi-Redmi-Note-3-Pro-prime-Snapdragon-650-Hexa-Core-5-5-3GB/32597648722.html

Seems to be good but I wanna be sure.

So, after thinking what can I buy for ~$250 burgerdollars, I found the Lenovo ZUK Z2 has all I need, however I'm still concerned about quality issues, will it last for at least one year? is there anything else I should be aware before buying it?

Most of the reviews are from pajeets or chinks so I'm not really sure about those, I like the design, looks like an iFag rip off but looks good, I know the camera is not the best but I just want it to take quick pictures rather than super high quality pictures, I don't play on phones and all I'm ever going to use it is for watching videos, listening some music, shitposting and reading a little bit now and then.

The redmeme kept me interested until I started reading it has issues with battery and where I live, buying from a reseller makes almost no difference $225 for the rn3p and $270 for the ZUK Z2

should I just pull the trigger for the lelnovo?

Don't call for the chink meme.

Buy a Real phone from a Real seller

>pro-prime
kate phone
152mm
can't really flash things on it

What are you guys opinions on the OP3? I'm considering buying one soon. What other 400$ phone should I get?

What about this then?
geekbuying.com/item/Xiaomi-Redmi-Note-3-Pro-5-5-Inch-FHD-3GB-32GB-Smartphone-371732.html

From what I hear it's good, but I've never owned an iOS device.

It's actually a really good time to shop in the $400 or less range right now. Not in any particular order, there's:

1. Oneplus 3, as you said
2. Huawei Honor 8
3. ZTE Axon 7
4. Moto G4 Plus (on the cheaper side @ $250, but still a solid device)
5. iPhone SE
6. Alcatel Idol 4S

I'm sure there's more I'm missing, but those are the first that come to mind. There's plenty of reviews out there for the above devices, including comparisons.

A carrier has a limited offer of an S7 for $99 + $25/month, worth it?

I currently have a Jolla phone and love it but no 4G on T-Mobile USA. Also it has shit specs as we all know.

I'm extremely rich and money is no object.

What does Cred Forums recommend I upgrade to?

No Apple.

I should also mention I love installing software updates. I want something that is well supported.

Removable battery and external storage are nice but not deal breaker.

Smaller screen size pls

Aside from touchjizz, samshit phones have the best cameras, $99 +$25 monthly sounds like a nice deal, I'd go for it

Still waiting on this gem, senpai.

inb4 no headphone jack, nfc, or sdcard.

Hey guys I'm looking for phones that have great price to camera performance ratio; basically cheapest phone with an OK to ACCEPTABLE/GREAT camera. Obviously flagships don't apply here, as I'm on a budget. Doesn't have to be current gen, because older is sometimes better.

Anyone knows what I'm talking about?

>no headphone jack, nfc, or sdcard

What do you guys do to kill time while phones get announced? I live in Canada and with Koodo, so I'm planning to get the LG G5 and I'm getting antsy waiting for the V20 and pixel release

youtube.com/watch?v=8NLZ-BCoQyI

will Android phones ever be as fast as iPhone?

non-burgs: where do you buy phones? I want a Moto X Style/Pure but I have no idea where to get it from, I'm not buying it local because it's way overpriced here

Nice bait

Get a OnePlus or another "flagship killer"

>lagdroid fans in denial

Just try the Nexus 6P. You'll enjoy it

Non poorfags never have problems. My 6P boots in 15 seconds or less and has 0 framedrops with its snapdragon 810 and 6gb ram

Nexus 5x yes or no and why? I need a phone that works with verizon so I can't get any chink phones.

G3 or g4

S7 exynos or htc 10? why/why not

S7 exynos for excellent battery life and great camera, HTC 10 for more fluidish performance

What's the difference between Special version of RN3P?

/spg/ I'm long overdue for a new phone. Current phone is a Samsung S3. Hasn't even been connected to a carrier for 2 years because I'm an anti social asshole. I haven't kept up to date with smartphones for a few years now and really don't know what to go for.

Tell me why I should/shouldn't buy an S7.
Its expensive here but I'm looking for a long term reliable phone that wont be obsolete any time soon.

Im in in the UK and most likely will be using EE as my carrier. Pic related.

>I carry my phone around in the box and have been doing so for 3 years now)

Autiam

>I'm looking for a long term reliable phone that wont be obsolete any time soon.
>android phones that aren't nexus
>long term

who Blu here?

$130 Life XL LTE

after the first day i love it

and the build in unlocked boatloader is a nice feeling if I ever get tired of the stock android OS

Got one for my mom, it's a nice phone. It's basically a Iphone 6s or 6s+? In a Iphone 4s size I believe.

Cameras and battery life are great on it. Phone hasn't been giving her any problems and will probably be getting updates for another 4 or 5 years.

If you like small phones and don't care for 4k res screens then yeah it's a nice phone.

I Don't see anything wrong with it unless you don't like iOS.

>I carry my phone around in the box and have been doing so for 3 years now

Wtf??

So... Nexus 5x and 6p. How are their camera and battery life?

Why are the buttons in the wrong side?

I hope you can change them.

I have a 64gb one. It's good to go if you don't mind the cons of iOS. Most likely will be getting years of support like usual. If you're lucky and you get one with iOS 9.3 you can jailbreak and be as autistic as android users.

> need a phone that works with Verizon so I can't get any chink phones

right there with you Verizon is trash in terms of what phones are compatible

I got my axon 7 yesterday and I can personally recommend this phone. It does have its issues like the fact that it tells me how much free (ram) space I saved by closing apps.
The display is mind blowing for the price, and the speakers are unbelievable, especially when taken into account the price.

Currently in the market for a new phone as my LG G3 died. Still really liked the phone too, but camera failed (even after replacement), signal started being finicky, and then the screen died.

I use Sprint, and would like the Note 7, especially with the free 256GB mSD card through Samsung, however I am also curious about the Google Pixel phone. Should I forego the mSD promotion and wait on the Pixel to decide?

>6GB ram

wat?

He doesn't own a 6P. He's just making shit up to try to shit on apple.

>Country
Dominican Republic
>Previous Phone
Droid Razr M XT907
>Screen Size
Don't care, huge hands but can manage any size
>Must have sd slot
>Best or Good cameras for manual photos
>Headphone Jack
No limits, go nuts on the pricing. Note 7 and V20 look good but I'd enjoy other phones

Same guy here, needs to have unlockable bootloader

Is it just me or do chinkphones do this a lot? Is it just sone weird preference they have over there?

Can anyone confirm that a RN3P will have LTE support in Canada. Willmyphonework says yea but I would appreciate real confirmation. Thanks anons

>Tmobile
>Americant
>Trying to get the best value buy
>Dont want to flash roms etc
>Android

So what are the best choices
>Blue Life One x2
>moto g4
>LeEco Le Pro 3 if it gets U.S release like is suggested
>1+3
>Huawei 5x
>Redmi Note 3 Pro International release (? no band 12 support, what the fuck version do I buy)
>???

the Life XL LTE on amazon for $130

theres nothing else within a 100 dollars of it unless you get a small ass 4 inch motorolla or older gen android.

also the other cheaper Blus all have mediatek cpu's not qualcomm

if chink shit is on your mind then get the Axon 7. Don't fall for the redmeme. It's a meme for a reason. It's cheap shit that WILL break on your ass and the warranty will be hell to go through.

Axon 7 is also chink shit but they do honor their warranties should your ass get grassed.

Even the 5x at 200$ and the RN3P slightly cheaper? I am liable to wait out until black friday, but I am trying to narrow down the phone I pick up to a top 3 so I know what deal to look out for. The RN3P is just so ideal omitting the lack of band 12 support (which my area has) while the LeEco Le Pro 3 has band 12 support, 6gb, 21mp camera, and SD 821 while being priced at 300$ but hasn't had an international release yet for U.S markets. Maybe it might by black friday/christmas

So if I dont go burner tier (blu), and my midrange fails out (RN3P, 5x, G4), and I go for the high end (where its between the Le Pro 3, 1+3, and the Axon) with the Le Pro 3 not being released in workable conditions directly to the U.S market in the head to head between the 1+3 and the Axon the axon wins?

Noted

1+3 wins if you a rom flasher, but since you said you don't want to do that stuff the Axon 7 wins due to its screen and dual speakers and superior DAC. It also has an SD slot. 1+3 is only if you're into customizing a lot.

weird, it doesn't say that it can use GLONASS on the main site but it does on gsmarena

Well thank you for opening my eyes to the Axon! I was really skeptical of the higher end chinkshit since dropping 400$ on a phone that could brick itself in 6 months with no recourse would be shitty, or the OS goes to shit that fast. I dont mind learning to flash the rom etc after a year or two, but having to do it as a prereq for using the phone would be shit.

Now the important question: RN3P international rom? If it doesn't have all the chink vendor shit, it should be pretty good right if I can ignore the band 12 support? Would totally kick ass at 180$ Having a real midrange option would be nice.

Just received mi R1 HD today. So far pretty satisfied with the phone. It's my first 16 GB/2 GB smartphone and feels great. Probably I enjoy it more because i have never used flagships so I don't have high standards to compare it with. Still i'm sure its lesser quality cuz so far it feels similar to my brother's Galaxy Grand Prime despite that one being 8 GB/1 GB.

Lg v20 when it drops is perfect for you.

How do you like the reception?

Difference between Official, and Package B? Or are they both the international Kenzo release without vendorshit?

maybe its because you had an s3 and those were easy to unlock the bootloader, but anything from samsung right now is completely locked down, you might as well get an iphone and get real flagship performance. otherwise go for the v20 it will have removable battery and sd card slot and as far i as know lg doesn't lock down their devices as samsung. there really inst any other alternative since i assume you will want to use this for 4 years like your s3, and all modern flagships now come with sealed backs wich make it a pain in the ass to swap the battery once they inevitably die in 1 year because of quickcharge technology.

the note 7 scratches and is a slow piece of shit.

no one answering me?

The V20 would be a perfect match

Snapdragpn 820 ob the 5" and 821 on 5.5".

I just got my Moto Z Play and the battery is fucking outstanding. Two and a half hours of SoT and just 16% was spent. I'll see how it goes in a few weeks.

I would also like to know.
AliExpress has fucked me over 3 times now.

Is there a good site to get ad-less apks?
Also, I just switched to android 6, what's wrong with the wallpaper cropper? Instead of showing me what part of the wallpaper is gonna be visible, it lets me crop whatever but If I don't do it right it just looks ugly

kek
rn3p gets 8 hours SOT with LTE/WiFi at 50% brightness using lots of apps and shit

It gets 8 hours out of 16% of battery?
Just root and install AdAway.

Best phone i can get with verizon for upgrade?

Doesnt rooting fucks up the camera? Because I need it

Depends on the model.

In any case, what about the wallpaper? Is there any good app that sets wallpapers?

QuickPic, look for the re-signed apk on XDA so you can get the last good version, it was bought by Cheetah Mobile and turned to shit.

thanks

loving my redmi note 3 lads.
can't believe anybody with half a brain would get a contract or buy a flagship.

>buy a phone with Quick Charge 3.0 (up to 85% battery in 30 minutes)
>can't find a usb 3.0 hub with even just one Qualcom Quick Charge 3.0 port in it anywhere.
>all of the powered 3.0 usb hubs that have a charging port are all using either a BC 1.2 standard or Smart Charge standard, neither of which deliver enough volts or amps to utilize the QC 3.0 potential.
>have to buy a 3.0 usb hub and a QC 3.0 charging station SEPARATELY, cluttering my desk

amazon.com/Anker-Charger-Compatible-PowerPort-PowerIQ/dp/B017JT6846

That isn't a usb hub. It's a charging station.

>Quick charge 3
Enjoy your house fire.

Please link me one article that indicates a house fire was started by a QC 3.0 malfunction.

I'm not trying being argumentative, I would really like to know if this isn't a troll.

Don't know about fires but the heat is certainly not good for the battery's life

Please link me one article that indicates QC 3.0 produces heat that could damage a battery.

They're great when they work

How shitty are on-screen buttons? I've never had any but the Moto g4 plus is tempting.

Tacoland here. What's a good prepaid carrier that can be maintained without much compromise?

I got a dual sim smartphone and go frequently to the US so I would like to have a mobile data prepaid plan there. One that can be recharged any time I need it.

t. bong with expensive paperweight

amzn.com/B00SIQIV04

not QC 3.0, but at 2.4 amps for each of the two charging port, it's going to be pretty fast.

Do it lad, I've just got my OP3, it is really good.
Don't listen to faggots that say OP1 was way better for its time blah blah blah.

please stop posting weeabo stuff though

>Doesnt rooting fucks up the camera? Because I need it
No, unless you have a sony phone. The camera is only ruined if you install a rom directly built from source.

Yup. About to buy another

>wall-mountable

>No, unless you have a sony phone
>M4
welp

>always use Android and never have any major problems
>sister's iPhone is fucking up hardcore
>she's literally the only one in the plan that uses it
>attempt to fix it
>WiFi refuses to connect, says password is wrong even though it's correct
>cellular data won't work, even though it says LTE
>phone keeps asking to activate, so can't even access any fucking settings
>connecting to iTunes on my PC gets denied too
>now it won't even boot up past the Apple logo

Man what a piece. I've recovered android phones doing worse shit than this.

Is it dead Jim? If so then fuck it.

good lad. honestly I'm chuffed with mine. my fingerprint scanner isn't working in cm yet, but it's a great phone.

best ~200€ phone (not chinkphone) that just werks and is durable?

worth upgrading to note 7 from lg g4 if it's for free?

Alright lads looking at the RN3P on ali express.

The fuck is the difference between 'standard' and 'sealed standard'?

Happened to my 3GS after less than a year.
Apple's response was pretty much "lol go fuck yourself".

I need a new fast charger for my lg g5, can I just pick up any usb c cable, and wall adapter that says fast charge on the box?

just get a chinkphone, cuck.

>search thread
>no Note 5

Cred Forums confirmed to know nothing about phones

Note 5 is literally the best phone ever made.
You literally don't need a removable battery, nothing crashes or freezes ever.. and if you need over 256Gb of space on your phone the you need to rethink your life.

She's had this for shortly under two years. Not the first time I've had to fuck with it though.

I got it in recovery mode right now and am gonna try a software update. If that don't work I guess her data is fucked because I'll have to try a restore next.

best phone under $150?

it's not for me
I already told him that but this nigger doesn't want a chinkphone

you've probably seen this thread, but fyi

forum.xda-developers.com/redmi-note-3/help/rn3p-stopped-charging-t3464283

Eh couldnt give a shit about fingerprint scanner. I took my brick apart and when i put it back together I didn't even bother reconnecting it.

Is chanobol any good? I can't find Clover for whatever reason

I need to get a 4inch phone. I'm not talking any of this slightly bigger 4.5inch shit. I'm talking actually fits in your fucking pocket 4inch phone, like the nokia n9 was.

Is a fucking iphone se really my only choice?
I've not really got any experience with jailbreaking, but how is the open-source community for it? Is there an F-Droid equivalent for ios?

Why wont anyone else make a decent 4 inch phone?

>Disclaimer: I am in 95th percentile for UK/US male height.

Fdroid.

Welp guess it's fucked. I'll wait for her to wake up before I do a restore.

C H I N K D
H
I
N
K
D

clover is on fdroid or github. Banned from google play because Cred Forums

>being an armchair electrician
QC3.0 draws up to 18W like QC2.0 does faggot.

>ali express
>website stops loading on 'please confirm your order'
>waiting for iopen.alipay.com

wat do

so will the v20 be the new official phone of Cred Forums/?

I'm getting hyped. The last chance for 2016 to deliver a new phone

>inb4 redmi
I want it but the charging issues are putting me off. Fuck sending it back to chinkland

>I want it but the charging issues are putting me off. Fuck sending it back to chinkland
I dont blame you. Might as well wait and see if they'll release a qualcomm version of the note 4.

What ROM are the redmi note 3 crew running? Got 13 running nice minus front camera and fingerprint scanner. Just wondering whether I should bother with nougat yet

Are there any ARM SoCs with hardware accelerated encryption, in any phone?

I wonder how long will it take for technology to not be constantly broken piece of shit
Like on my phone which i abuse heavily, i run a android 2 versions higher that it was built to handle, use rooted shit and flash constantly.. i expect a crapload of errors as a price..

I thought that stock devices will have no such problems but nope.. mother recently got an android tablet, i never rooted it, i never installed cm or anything, there is no need. literally just installed the facebook app and copied her mp3s into it, yet that shit breaks down constantly, like i literally just copy pasted some files from the computer and the sd card became corrupted.. wasn't even able to format it in the phone, had to do it in my pc... the facebook app also breaks constantly, like little problems and shit that go away if you reboot or restart the app etc.. it's constantly something... god fucking damn it it's 2016 and we aren't able to come up with a smart device that isn't a complete piece of shit

>Country
Poland
>Currently using:
Moto G 1st gen (2013)
>Preferred screen:
Don't care, just don't go extremely small or big
>Bugdet
don't want to spend more than $200
>others
a decent camera
sd slot, unless it has 32gb or more internal storage
rootable
thought about redmi 3 pro, what should I buy? (Will get it in a few months, but my autismo won't let me buy shit without research)

Debloated miui. I quite like it no bully pls.

Does the Qualcomm Snapdragon 652 have TrustZone?

I often seen specs for microSD that says "Up to 64gb" expansion. Is there really a limit to say 128gb card?

I've wondered this myself. My galaxy core prime for example says up to 64gb but there's no problem with my 128gb card.

Thoughts on Mi4S?

Looking hard for a budget 1080p 5 incher.

Very happy with my redmi tbhwy pham. Ticks all your boxes. Best phone I've ever owned.

I hope my second one lasts longer than the first

My sister just broke her Nexus 5 and asked me advice on cheapish phones.
What's the best bang for the buck at around 300€? 1080p screen and long battery life are pretty important for her.
Preferably no Samsung or chinkphones.

I was looking at the cheaper Moto models like Moto X play (which I do own) and Moto G plus 4gen

I've been looking at the Moto g4 plus myself. Only thing stopping me are on-screen buttons. I fucking hate them.

I've been pretty happy with the moto x play.
Only complaints would be that it sometimes heats like a motherfucker, the battery sometimes dies before it reaches 0%, usually at 5-6%.
It also doesn't boot up instantly when I charge it after that, which is pretty fucking annoying.
Otherwise it's great. battery life is great and performance is good.
My gf has the 2nd gen moto G 2gb ram model and she's been pretty pleased with it too.

Pretty sure i'll tell her to get the moto g4 since motorolas have been pretty solid.
Still open for recommendations.

Not him, but I tried buying a RM3P for my friend and the package never arrived and today I got a refund. Now he's paranoid and I need a non-chink alternative for about the same price

Nexus 6P 64gigs for 477€, y/n?
Or wait until Pixel is revealed?

How long does first aliexpress payment verification take?

just a question: the redmi note 3, or any other chinkphone thats out today looks very good on paper, I´d assume the OS is shit though.

I`m owning a s5 right now and the software turned to shit, so I installed cyanogenmod which basically breathed new life into the phone.
Now with software not being an important factor anymore, whats the difference between a xiamoi redmi note 3 and my s5? Shouldnt be the xiamoi much superior because it has much more features, better build quality?

>Whats the catch?
>I know I can forget customer support

After recent leaks ans rumors about Google Pixel's specs, do you guys think it's worth waiting for it or should I buy something else?
I wanted a phone that I could safely install Cyanogenmod once the OS gets obsolete.

The catch is that chinks brought from china can avoid paying customst/taxes and companies that don't sell to the west like Xiaomi don't have to pay for many patents, hence the phone price goes down.

Also many Xiaomi phones have CM support and MIUI receives updates pretty often, although they rarerly upgrade their Android version

what one to buy with the vendorless chinkshit on it? Not gonna root it etc,

Is there anything worse than pic related?

Verizon had some promotion and gave it for free. Litttle did I know at the time this thing is locked down good and I can't even root or downgrade.

Fuck Verizon and Samsung. Touchwiz is a piece of shit.

so there isnt really a catch? I dont really care if they dont pay taxes, because nor does apple atleast here in Germany.

So there´s literally no difference if I spend 600 euro bucks on a "premium" phone or 200 on a chink phone if I flash cyanogen. thats good to hear.

What would be the best chinkshit I could buy then? Display should be huge and camera should be atleast decent

RN3P is the mid-range budget, has a SD 650 which competes with the 820. the Mi5 is the bigger version of the RN3P, though it only makes marginal improvements over the RN3P. If the LeEco Le Pro 3 gets a western release, I would totally say that though. It's like the 1+3 with 6gb of rams, but with the SD 821, etc.

But check your band coverage, here in the U.S for example the RN3P doesn't have band 12 support for my carrier.

Halp, what one is the RN3P without the vendorshit?

Thanks alot! I´ll look into it :)

>the Mi5 is the bigger version of the RN3P
the mi 5 is 5.1" and rn3p is 5.5" m8

Sorry, I mean bigger as in more powerful. Sorry for the vague language.

Lads I have a shitty galaxy core prime VE that i want to root.

As far as I can tell development has pretty much stopped and the only way to root is prerooted stock rom which is okay i guess.

My installed version is higher than the prerooted roms i'm finding. Does this matter? They're still 5.1.1 though.

So if there's a phone that is only out in China, does that mean it can't be used in USA/Europe? Or is it just a matter of "bands?"

As long as the bootloader you install supports it, it doesn't matter

How do I know that? Will it fail to flash or will it flash and then brick?

Check for confirmed band coverage. They only license the bands they use typically, but there is some band overlap. Typically America will have the most different band coverage than chink shit. Though, if its only released in China you will need to debloat, and root it most likely since it'll come stock full of vendorshit of chinks that buy it and then market it to a western audience.

Or let me rephrase that. How do I check baseband of a rom file?

If the rom is for your particular device the baseband shouldn't change unless the device has different variants

What about its performance i've seen reviews about trottling and lagging after some moderate usage that's what makes the axon 7 a deal breaker for me as i use my phone for gaming a lot also this is a software problem right?? as it runs SD820

Please someone respond.

Should I get the Moto Z Play or something else like the Oneplus 3 / Axon 7 / Idol 4S?

Which sub-$400 phone has the best camera?

5x, mi5?

Battery issues aside, can anything compete with the over engineered, over powered note 7 in terms of being covered in any situation?

Please hivemind go home.

I can get iPhone SE 64 gig and S7 32 gig for same price

Which should I get? iPhone SE is on a slightly more expensive plan

My old xperia sp is slow AF, what's the best chink phone under $100 ?

I've triple checked that its for my variant, G361F. Should I just fucking do it?

Going from G361FXXU1APB1 to G361FXXU1AOG1

Is honor 7 a good phone? Is the battery life good?

best 5inch phone? wanted to get a sony compact but after learning can't root decided nah.

you can root it tho. But it's a rather complicated process (if you don't want to lose your TA keys)

Doesn't Mexican AT&T have US roaming included?

Note 4, lg v10, lg v20.

Anyone?

>Country
Australia
>carrier
Telstra
previous
>iphone 4s [want to move to android]
>wanted features
good 5inch max phone with decent camera.

z5 is close to a year old with 810 and x compact feels like a downgrade from the z5. should I just wait another year?

I'm inclined towards a lelnovo zuk z2, nice specs, my only concern is overall quality and longevity

x compact is still very nice if you don't mind missing waterproofing and 4k recording.

And if you don't mind a fingerprintmagnet. If you are open to other phones then maybe the mi 5, zuk z2, redmi 3 (no idea how good the camera is).

Pls respond. Im only good at picking heavy things up and putting them down.

Just get the 8 if you want a Huawei.

I have a moto g first gen (2013)

its the best thing ever, but can't work on 8gb of storage anymore.

I got a p9 lite from my job yesterday, and it's fucking disgusting huge

what should I buy
>small
>good battery life
>simple design

I don't care about camera, speakers, etc.

thanks senpai

Gotta get a phone around £200, and it needs to be one I can receive within a few days, so chinkshit is out of the question.

Is this a decent deal or not? I'm sure there are cheaper places out there, but considering it for the convenience.

You could get a Moto G 2015, it's really cheap now. The only downside for you is that the screen is bigger.

Who /hypedforV20/ here?

Too expensive
Is huawei good in general? Honor 7 has a good camera and large battery but im still unsure.

The hardware is good but the software is shit. Just read/watch reviews and form your own opinion. That's the best way to either convince yourself to get or not get a new phone.

damn it, too large
need something the size of the first motor g

>It would be nice if it came in a nice box (I carry my phone around in the box and have been doing so for 3 years now)

android users

anyone got the Xcompact?

my z3c has almost died, i was planning on just getting a z5c but EE dont sell it here anymore

moto droid turbo 2???

You can try finding a Moto G 4G. It's literally a first gen Moto G but with LTE and a SD card slot.

iphone 7 or 7 plus?

>i had the redmi note 3 (idk whats the diff between pro or not pro) 3gb, 32gb version
>heats up when im using it for too long
>the screen got weird (flashing like someone's pressing it) after a few weeks of getting it
>got it fixed (might have been the screen protector) so i didnt put the screen protector on
>brought it home, it slipped outta my hand and i dented the corner
>put on the phone cover (the basic clear type)
>ended up dropping it on the road and cracked the screen (one short line diagonally)
>but after fixing it for the second time it doesnt heat up as much
>while traveling, rained and dipped it in a river
>screen doesnt function, tried to disassemble it myself
>did not have tools so i went to a phone shop, guy tried to fix it for me but doenst know wtf hes doing
>cracked it open (i knew he certainly destroyed something)
>screen fixed cus the water which was lodge in the part connected was dried
>sim doesnt work when im indoors (???), works when im out in the open (sometimes)
>brought it back to mi service centre, person said it's been in water and costs more than half the original price to fix it

should i buy another one of this or what?? it was decent the whole time i had it except how easily it breaks
maybe i'm a little clumsy but i like how slim it is (fits perfectly in back pockets), camera quality not bad ( could be better), screen size

tldr: should i get another redmi note 3 cus i broke my previous one? if not what's one that's similar but a little one up (budget is around $300) thx

Canadafag here, what's the better deal?

>Samsung Galaxy S7 for $99 + $25/month for 2 years from Wind + $35/month plan for 2gb and unlimited minutes/messaging

>iPhone SE for $100 + $15/month for 2 years from Koodo + $40/month plan for 500mb, 500 minutes and unlimited messaging OR $50/month plan for 2gb

>Wind
Do you have Public Mobile where you live?

>500 MB of data
How could you live with that little data?

>Being a contract cuck.
If you can't buy it outright, don't buy it.

>how easily it

>dropping phones into a fucking river
>dropping phones at all
>letting random pajeet fuckwits try and fix a phone they've never seen before

What the fuck are you doing man. You need one of those retard proof phones.

It's not on contract

Yeah. I don't know if I can just buy the phone though.

I know it's shit but I'm a shut-in who would mostly use home wifi for data anyway.

Any decent qwerty-keyboard slider phones being made? The only ones I've been able to find look like trash.

fuck off

Hi I wanted to buy the OP3 in summer but they had problems with the delivery so I just looked up if they are ok again.
>Ships within 5 weeks
are the fuckin kidding me ? its worse than before fucking christ. Where else can I buy it ??

Public Mobile has $45/month for nationwide and 2GB of data. You buy an unlocked phone separately.

im pretty sure you should never own a phone again in your life that isn't attached by a string to your wrist

And it's on the Telus network, I forgot to mention, so you don't have to deal with Wind's shitty service.

:-( it seems worse than it was bc i put it all in one post!! (although it did happen in the course of 3 months)

i didnt drop it in a river, i was on a hike and didnt know the river was touching the part of my bag where my phone was

i dropped it cus it has a silky slippery smooth back and it doesnt help that my hands are baby smooth too...:-(

i guess letting that pajeet touch it was my fault :-(

but seriously though what phone would you recommend? moto x force? seems a bit bulky tho

i already feel bad about it!!! pls recomend new phone...im using a shitty xiaomi mi3 rn

>Paying a handset fee every month for two years.
It's a contract.
You can't afford it.

Why would I pay more for a phone if I can get it cheaper on a deal?

$60 over 24 months is nearly one and a half thousand dollars.

Are you legitimately retarded?

Paying outright for the phone would cost me $400+ more

>Are you legitimately retarded?

kys yourself to peaces

I live in Australia - a similar plan to what you're after costs $10-15.

Subtract that, and the outright cost of the phone from $1,500 and you'll find a nice big $500 hole.
That is $500 you are handing your carrier, because you seem to enjoy being poor.

You've asked this like three times in the same thread.
S7 if Exynos.

Virgin Mobile seemed like a good deal for pre paid, last time I asked on their booth.
Dunno if it works in US though.

Moto X Pure.

Do a mini review when you get it. on /csg/ too.

More bands.

HTC 10.

Xiaomi is million timers better than ZTE.

You will have to flash non chinky rom on the Redmi, and probably the LeEco too. Mi5/5s are also good options.

"Package B" comes with case and screen protector. International Version in kate, not kenzo.

Disable ad blocker.

Moto G4.

>no difference if I spend 600 euro bucks on a "premium" phone or 200 on a chink phone
It's a great phone, but - the camera is shit, many bands are missing for U.S, and MiUi is an acquired taste to say the least.

Redmi 3s 2/16.

Zuk Z2/Mi5s.

Take control of your hands ffs. and only buy the Pro (SD650). the X10 version is shit.

what's better redmi note 3 pro or huawei p9 lite?

Buy 128GB Nexus 6P now or wait for Pixel XL? Kind of want the Nexus 6P because the new Pixel phones look fucking ugly.

Performance and battery- RN3P
Camera and bands- P9 lite.

What's the best phone that works with ringplus for around $200? Nexus 5x? Moto g4?

Buy V20 when it releases or wait a bit longer for S8

Is there any way to get the OnePlus 3 on Sprint?

There is really no way to get a RN3P directly from the manufacturer without having to go through a middlemen vendor installing spyware and bloat?

Also, I dont think the Mi5 supports my country bands (Amerilard), but the LeEco probably doesn't either. Shit why is buying a smartphone so difficult to decide on.

me

pray for no bootloops

Is there an app that lets me see 2 images at the same time and in slideshow mode?

You can ask the seller to flash the global rom and hope they do that. HK Goldway and TopOne on Aliexpress do that if you ask them. Also the RN3P lacks some bands as well. there was an user last week from PA that couldn't get any reception on his Redmeme on t-mobile.

I have a dual-SIM phone. I don't currently have data, but I would like to.

My current plan is dirt cheap and just includes talk and text; I would like to keep this plan. I saw a tablet plan advertised at $15 for 3GB.

Would it work if I kept my current SIM in one slot and then bought this tablet plan for my phone and put that SIM in the other slot? The total cost would be cheaper than just upgrading my smartphone plan.

My phone is unlocked so I don't have to worry about anything in that regard.

Oh thats cool! When I set the phone up then would I be able to choose the Official English release then? (If there is one) Sorry for the really silly questions, I am only a novice at smartphones since I never really had the disposable income to get really into them.

Shit yeah, you are right. The RN3P only has HSPA+ support, no LTE. Reading so much conflicting information which is the problem.

I'm seriously thinking about getting an iPhone 7. They have this thing where you can pay for it monthly with 0% interest, which also includes applecare. Why shouldn't I get one? I don't mind using a converter to use a 3.5mm headphone jack.

Yeah there's English. you just need to make sure it's running the correct official version.
Anyway, I highly suggest buying a phone with all full carrier compatibility instead of risking buying something that may not work.
Moto G4/G4 Plus are currently on sale on Amaozn and they're pretty ok.

You're just asking for a bunch of shit posters to jump on this post.

The 7 itself is actually a fantastic device (though I'd prefer the Plus) and getting it through the upgrade program makes sense if you plan on actually using it to your advantage every year.

So, does the plus offer anything more than a larger screen and battery, and a better "zoom"? Also, is the upgrade program an 11 or 20 month thing? And, if I get a new iPhone after 11 months, will I be finished with my payments?

The biggest issue I have is if the phone locks up and starts overheating and throttling whenever I really want to use it

Like if there was a priority list
>Performance of the phone
>Average camera

Basically all I care about

They should both do well in that regard. the SD650 in the rn3p is definitely faster than the SD617 in the Moto G4, but I don't think you'll notice much real difference in day to day use.

The Camera on the Redmi sucks balls, no other way to say it. the one on the G4 Plus is much better.

LeEco X820 is also quite cheap atm with flagship specs, and has most bands for the U.S.

What makes the rn3p real special is the perf/$ and battery life/$.

I was thinking to wait until blackfriday for more imformation on the LeEco Le Pro 3 (SD821) to see if that has the U.S bands actually. or I guess the user that ordered the Le Max 2 since I think hes a burger.

This is why iCloud backups are a thing.

will do.

The 7 offers 3GB RAM (though I'm not 100% sure if iOS uses it to its full advantage), great battery life, bigger screen. I don't know what else I can tell you, it's really a matter of preference. Is 5.5 too big or do you need 4.7?

As for the payments, I believe once you're ready to upgrade, you just return it and start a new payment plan on the new (upgrade) device.

wait wait wait, after around £600 of payments I RETURN the thing?! I can't keep the phone even if I've payed all payments?

Sony Xperia z3 compact is the phone you should get

Is the Samsung gear vr pretty much the same as a real vr headset but with lower quality? Will I be able to use my galaxy s6 and have full access to whatever is available to other vr headsets?

After 11 months, you paid for maybe 50% of it.

You pay off about half, then you can turn it in to upgrade and start a new plan with the new iPhone that year, or keep paying it off the rest of the plan.

If they launch in America for ~$350 and different name, it'll be a winner.

For the love of God dont fucking do that that's downright retarded

Waiting for one of these to arrive, did I fuck up Cred Forums?

On their website it says that (for a 32GB iPhone 7) you pay around £37 a month (which is 0% interest and includes applecare). So, if you pay each month until you've payed enough to cover the phone, you get to keep it? That should take around 15 months or so.

no, the contract is for 24 months, so almost 900

Ye that's what I was thinking. If I did I'd pay until I get to keep the thing.

That's the "financing" thing yes. I am talking about the other plan.

>set up a subsidary company in the U.S
>LE FREEDUMB or something
>Call it the grizzly
>Slap a cute grizzly logo on it wearing an apparel item with LeTv on it

God, chinks hire me as your marketing director for international sales

nope. this is straight from apples website. also that sucks if you're paying 37 pounds because that's what we pay in USD

Electronics are always way pricier in the UK. To make up for it we don't get raped by network providers.

This is exactly what Blu is. It's just a brand for America created by Chinese company Gionee.

OnePlus is also just a brand from OPPO.

This is the "iPhone Upgrade Program" thing.
I just want to know if I can keep the phone or not :/

You would think it would be industry standard by now. I guess setting up a company is quite expensive, the blu benefited from endorsement by amazon to shill it to black people. Plus, purchasing rights for the phones band support is quite expensive I think? Either way the Le Max2/Le Pro3 are just shit like the 1+3 but newer and therefore cheaper

i doubt it. sounds more like leasing an iphone with applecare with the option to get the newest one every year

Is true that AT&T bought 3 Mexican carriers and is replacing them?

Yep, companies pay license fees per band. that's why Xiaomi doesn't add bands in markets they don't officially sell their phones in (USA/NA).

Feck it, I'll just get a Xiaomi or Samsung or some shiz.

Because I'm getting the LG V20

Does the Redmi Note 3 Pro have a good Amp? Earphones sound good?

I dont mind the missing those inb4, do a review Im more interested in the camera samples.

What do you guys think about the ASUS zenfone?

My previous phone was a Huawei Ascend G510 but it died a few days ago. Was on a budget and my only choice was to buy an LG K4.

What am I into? and how can I get the best of it?

So far I've noticed it doesnt have led notifications, or at least im too stupid to enable it because I couldn't find any option to activate it. So far thats my only problem with it..

Just werks tier about a year ago, not anymore.

They already did. They bought Iusacell and Nextel. I used to be on Nextel and I'm now on AT&T.

They just came here and are advertising that they owned old carriers and are replacing them in my area (Northwest mexico, Sonora).
Unefon and Iusacell being some of those.

So they staggered the rollout. In Leon the switch took effect about 10 months ago.

is the xperia z5 compact good?

is there anything better small-tier besides the iphone SE?

Wasnt there a document with some recommended phones and their prices?

Ok so i own à Huawei p8.

If pixels are disappointing, i'll buy a nexus 5x/6p.

The 6p has more ram and a better processor, but my Heart goes to the 5x, I love its design dearly plus it's cheaper plus it's the ideal size, plus I've tried it and it runs smooth as fuck.

5x owners: after a few monthes of utilization, do u feel it's slow? Compared to the 6p or the op3, what do u think?

>Rent a phone with us! is cheaper than buying it!
>You end paying 500% the original price if you leave the package aside

I'm about to install CM13 on my Redmi note 3 pro.
Is there any important extra stuff I should include? Like, will the fingerprint reader work with kenzo or do you need "something" to make it work?

Also,
Should I follow this guy's links youtube.com/watch?v=bpS7OlxSeK8
or
Download the latest CM13 kenzo snapshot?

I have a z2 and im opting for a z5 compact vs the x compact.

Installed AFWall+ from F-Droid and granted Wifi access only to (ntp), (tethering) and the apps that require an internet connection (email, browser etc).
Everything's working as it should but the Wifi connection icon always has an exclamation mark ("no internet connection" alert despite internet connection) and often won't automatically reconnect to known Wifi networks because of that. Which service do I grant internet access to fix this?

Is putting a custom rom on the Xperia M4 Aqua hard?

Try them both and check which one has less bugs.
anyway, process is:
Unlock BL, flash TWRP, in TWRP create a backup, wipe Dalvik Cache, System, Data, Internal Storage and Cache and then install CM13, firmware and Gapps.

Oh, and do still you need the "camfix" or is that fixed?

Did you deny access to Google Play Services?
Go to the appropriate XDA forum and find out.

Right. What "CM13, firmware and Gapps" would you reccomend?

Start with official one and check if FP reader and front camera works. if not try Santosh CM build with fppatch.

All links and instructions here:
forum.xda-developers.com/redmi-note-3/development/rom-cyanogenmod-13-t3431866

I switched from z3c To xc And it was worth it, posting this from my xc.

>headphone jack
have we come this far ?

I don't have any Google shit installed on this phone. Just CM13 and apps from f-droid.

Are there certain applications that require Google framework and whatnot or does it mostly just twerk?

What did you replace Google maps with?

Thanks

Had to allow Data Usage Provider, that fixed it.
Osmand~

shall I buy the Marshall London for keks or is it too bad

I'm thinking of replacing my 1st gen Moto G with a newer phone. It still works perfectly but I'm bored of it. What's a good small phone that's also new? I keep seeing 5.2" as the smallest size nowadays and I used a 5.5 for a while and it felt huge and unnecessary to me.

So my z3c screenshot started peeling off After a little more than a year of use. It is still under warranty.
Anyone else has gone through this? Will they solve it for good if I send it to Sony?

New to android.

Where do I get pirated APK's? I don't trust any website I've come across so far.

Honestly, how does an iphone compare to android?

It's aight, too expensive for what it is though.

>dat stability
>no lag
>just werks
after nearly 3 years with a 5s, I tried android in a new moto x pure, and wanted to like it, but it started lagging after 2 weeks when I had more than a few things open at once, and died on me twice at work before 2 pm. now depating getting the 7 plus or waiting for the 10th anniversary iphone next year

Honestly, I don't want to support Google anymore. Is posting via safari or Firefox good enough on iPhone?

I just bought a z5 compact and am in the same situation, but 8gb on the moto g is not enough for me anymore

I don't use my phone for anything too much, so I don't get lag etc. Thus, I don't need to spend like £600+ on an iPhone, feelsgoodman.

Oakland looks like it has potential. Is there a version that isn't a laggy piece of shit?

how do you like it? Is it heating up like they always say? even when doing normal shit like shitposting?

be patient

It's responsive for what I do (enter address, calculate route while getting ready to drive, follow the damn directions).
Far as I can tell that's nothing different from what people use Google Maps for, except you aren't using up your mobile data with Osmand and aren't feeding the botnet.

>Country: Poland
>Previous Phone: Samsung Galaxy S2
>Preferred Screen Size: 5.5 or larger
>Must have removeble battery
>Must have at least decent amount of custom roms
>It can be a chinkphone
>Must be Android
>200$ Max
>Would be nice if it was good for playing vidya

I need a small tablet (or maybe just a phone) that will NOT have cell service to carry around in my pocket.
I will use it for offline GPS (tons of android apps) and taking pictures.

Whats the best quality camera I can get for around $150?

I've kinda been getting cold feet around buying an iphone because its a lot of money (even 2nd hand) for a phone os that I have issues with.

Atleast the xperia series seems to have pretty good rom support and community.
There are a few coming up on ebay tomorrow morning so I'll see if I can pick one up for around £100, possibly replace the screen and/or battery if needed.

I guess I'll give up on my 4" dream for now.

mobilism

Does someone have the updated app list Cred Forums recommends?

actually fuck it, might as well go for the z5 compact as far as I can tell.
Also Cyanogenmod is slowly starting to support fingerprint stuff on nightlies, so that may come in useful over the z3.

>OnePlus is also just a brand from OPPO.
Huh, this is the first time I've heard of this. Quite surprising considering how sensibly priced Oneplus is whereas Oppo is overpriced.

Went from Galaxy S2 to Moto X Play.

I fucking hate on screen buttons. And stock Android in general. Don't fall for the meme, senpai. They're essentially a con, turning a 5.5" screen into a 5" screen in every instance but full screen video. Also they're not satisfying to press, can't be customised (except for LG), so instead of the back button being intuitively on the right (most people are right handed and hold phone in their right hand, and use back much more often than recents), it's on the fucking left.

Should I get an iPhone 5s 16GB for $150 to upgrade my Nexus 4?

Man, the waiting is just killing me

Gotta agree. Love my v10

What's the best Android phone that isn't Samsung?