What went right?

What went right?

Is the CPU bigger than the battery now?

how the fuck is this possible? why can't intel make chips this fast for phones?

/thread

You can't compare different cpu architectures with geekbench you dumb fuck. Use intspec instead like a normal human being.

Here is what is going to happen.

Apple is still supporting Macs but they are going to gradually start focusing more and more on the iPad Pro.

The iPad will become more powerful, more feature rich and once it has enough professional software support they will finally drop Macs and Intel.

With the power of vertical integration, they will be the most efficient, fast and beautiful computers you can own.

Its the only logical way. iPads will replace your computer.

everything

this entire chip is keeping iphone afloat and still comparing favorably with android

>iPads will replace your computer.
Not without an x86 processor and a windows desktop OS they won't. What apple is trying to do is compete with actual computers in tablet form (surface pro 4). Instead of sucking intel's dick they decided to use their own chips and charge a fuckton for what basically amounts to an angry birds machine with a pen.

Apple is doomed. Shilling overpriced turds only works for so long.

>quad core
>multicore not even 2x performance
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

It's really fucking impressive what Apple's chip team is doing.

Maybe Qualcomm can learn a thing or two from them.

>A10
>quad core
It's a fucking dual core with 2 extra cores for low performance mode.

Only 2 of the cores can be active at once.

I rather Qualcomm focus on real performance increases rather than copying Apple by cheating at fixed function tests on Geekbench.

Samsung's Exynos is a "dual" core as well with Big.Little.

Why do they need an x86 processor?

Like I said they will benefit a lot more with vertical integration if they continue making their own chips. And there is nothing stopping Apple from adding a couple of features to iOS in iPads in the future to make it comparable to a desktop OS. The only thing it really lacks are professional software, that is only a matter of time.

>The only thing it really lacks are professional software, that is only a matter of time.
And who is going to pay devs to port their software to be able to run on angry birds processors on devices that less than 1% of the general population will ever use?

>angry birds processors
lel
the A9X and the A10 are angry birds processors? Ok

And since when iPads have 1% market share?

Like I said, its a ongoing process. With the iPad Pro Apple is giving developers the tools they need to port professional software to it. Future generations will be even more powerful.

I agree that iOS is not ready to be a desktop replacement, but Apple could change that in a second.

>the A9X and the A10 are angry birds processors? Ok
Well yeah, can they run x86 photoshop or any other useful x86 program?

>And since when iPads have 1% market share?
Since blowjobs died and a literal fag took over the company.

>Like I said, its a ongoing process. With the iPad Pro Apple is giving developers the tools they need to port professional software to it. Future generations will be even more powerful.
Ok but WHO THE FUCK IS GOING TO PAY THEM TO PORT THEIR SHIT TO A DYING PLATFORM?

>I agree that iOS is not ready to be a desktop replacement, but Apple could change that in a second.
K

You guys sound like old men that made fun of cell phones in the 90s because beepers were king. I HATE apple, not as much as I hate windows, but the only companies pushing tech onto the population are doing it while trying to drive their own advancement. You cant really hate a company for making tools for people, and upgrading it as often as possible. Tablets are here to stay and they can only get better. Now us linuxtards will die off because as tech grows, we stay the same. Where is my opensource tablet with libreboot? Where is my gentoo equivalent for siri/cortana. No one on my platform is making anything but updates. I would not be surprised if this user
Is right. Also surface pro is decent, but all tech is shit.

>Is right. Also surface pro is decent, but all tech is shit.
Sure but what do you think will actually succeed in replacing the laptop, an angry birds tablet with a pen that costs $1,000+ or an actual tablet computer with an x86 processor that ranges from $500 - $1,000?

So is the helio x20. It's a dual core with 8 little weaker companion cores. 3 clusters.

Surface Pro is already more successful than the iPad.
iPad sales figures are misleading when businesses are just buying the cheapest iPad Air or Mini to use as a single purpose POS or a customer Booking system. Now the systems in place for those business just work, they have no need to buy newer iPads, hence iPad profits dropping like a rock. Microsoft made $9.7b from the Surface Line alone since the Surface Pro 3, so it's no flop either.

P.A. Semi

Intel doesn't have Jim Keller

>Well yeah, can they run x86 photoshop or any other useful x86 program?
Yes, programs only need to be ported, just like office already is.

>Since blowjobs died and a literal fag took over the company.
Wrong

>Ok but WHO THE FUCK IS GOING TO PAY THEM TO PORT THEIR SHIT TO A DYING PLATFORM?
You think the iPad is dying?
That is exactly my point, as iPads get more powerful and more popular, people will start porting more professional software because there is a market.

>x86 meme

Kek. ARM is replacing x86. Its already the most used type of processor, the only hold outs are desktops and laptops.

>Shilling overpriced turds only works for so long.

They've been doing that since the bringing and last i checked, people still buy their products

and most importantly servers