LINUX? THANKS, NO!

LINUX? THANKS, NO!

So, some time ago I came with the thought of trying Linux operating system. I found that board and started reading what you have to say about it.

I realized that there is more than one version of Linux and I've chosen Fedora, which is apparently highly regarded by you. So, I downloaded CD, burnt it and installed that OS. It was nice that it allowed by default to keep my Windows intact.

First boot was awesome. That looked and worked very different compared to Windows, but very nice. Unfortunately, from that it was only worse. And I realized what a piece of crap Linux really is.

Why don't you have proper configuration center in Linux? I tried changing some very BASIC options (like my touchpad configuration) and I couldn't find those options anywhere. I googled and I found bunch of old forum posts and obscure wikis that mainly told me to use command line.

Really, guvs? FUCKING COMMAND LINE IN CONSUMER GRADE OS IN FUCKING 2016??? I couldn't believe my eyes. Windows creators realize that customers want GUI and make OS that doesn't require the use of command line.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX. Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called “Linux”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project. There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine’s resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called “Linux” distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Fedora literally has TouchPad options in system settings you fucking shill

>inb4 install Gentoo
>Listening to Cred Forums
>Ever
You dun goofed

pacaur -Syu gpointing-device-settings

Took me three seconds to find a graphical touchpad editor

Too bad you chose fedora instead of arch, have fun installing that shit

haha this thread was really funny yesterday too user thanks for the goofs xD

Salutations, Microsoft!

Go back to your botnet OS then, Pajeet

No (You) for you

I kind of wish all non-Anglos were sterilised, to be honest. I find it really hard to even see you as human.

Excellent work, Pajeet. 30 rupees have been deposited into your Bank of India account.

Linux is for fat losers with nothing better to do. You install the shit and can spend days trying to make it "like windows".. Sometimes the blubber in the brain decreases and they realize it's just easier to go back to Windows. Go figure.

>took less time to install than Windows
>it all just werks
>no botnet
>no keylogger
>no ads

No rupees for you

he did get dubs

I like the part where I stick my hardrive in another computer and it actually boots

Something happened

Install gentoo

>So, some time ago I came with the thought of trying Linux operating system.

Why? Did something happen something happen?

How does it feel sharing the same amount of hate niggers have for whites? Only, the niggers are killing whites now more openly. Post the image you have of the crime statistics, you most likely have it. What this means is that while the niggers hate you and kill whites more, you hate niggers and do nothing about it except post on Cred Forums about it. So how does that feel. You must feel a deep, dark feeling- a feel that can only be described as.. BLACKED.

I'm not sure where you got anything about naggers from my post. I'm not even American.

>I kind of wish all non-Anglos were sterilised, to be honest. I find it really hard to even see you as human.
>denying the obvious true implications

Backpeddle anymore than this and you'll be moonwalking.

Do you understand what the word "Anglo" means?

Do yo understand that the word Anglo doesn't mean black? You just advocated for all non-whites to be genocided, so you do say the word nigger, you do hate niggers. Backpeddling coward, you got BLACKED.

>How does it feel sharing the same amount of hate niggers have for whites? Only, the niggers are killing whites now more openly. Post the image you have of the crime statistics, you most likely have it. What this means is that while the niggers hate you and kill whites more, you hate niggers and do nothing about it except post on Cred Forums about it. So how does that feel. You must feel a deep, dark feeling- a feel that can only be described as.. BLACKED.

Lol stupid white cuck isn't even consistent in his racism

My point exactly.

REPORT THIS THREAD
MICROSOFT PAID TROLLS CREATED IT

DO NOT ALLOW THIS BULLSHIT TO CONTINUE SPAMMING Cred Forums

FOR FUCK'S SAKE.

REPORT IT, DO NOT REPLY TO IT, MESSAGE ADMINS AND TELL THEM THIS SHIT CONTINUES TO HAPPEN AND WE WILL NOT ALLOW IT.

It depends on what you want to do with your desktop. If the main purpose is facebook, video, games, I have to admit that linux is still behind os x or winows 7. But in this case you are most likely better of with your smartphone.

IN CONSUMER GRADE OS IN FUCKING 2016???

It's still a server OS, first and foremost. The majority of the world's servers and supercomputers run on it. I assure you that no one except other morons give a shit if you use it as a desktop system or not.

>Windows creators realize that customers want GUI and make OS that doesn't require the use of command line.

Yes, and so has Linux, which is why you can get by in most of the most common distros without ever touching it. But again, most systems that implement it are servers and supercomputers which have very little use for a GUI.

>Windows creators realize that customers want GUI and make OS that doesn't require the use of command line.
gnu/linux doesnt pander to the customers, it strives to make the OS more secure and stable. Go back to Windows if you want, the GNU/Linux community literally has no use for people like you. Im serious

You have The Downs