Chromebook General

Mfw I finally installed gentoo

Other urls found in this thread:

skycocker.github.io/chromebrew/
amazon.com/Toshiba-Chromebook-CB35-C3300-Backlit-Keyboard/dp/B015806LMM
dell.com/us/p/inspiron-11-3162-laptop/pd?dgc=BA&cid=302657&lid=5756798&acd=12309224740360113c99817963&ven3=877303554247446009
shop.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/ideapad/100-series/100s-11-inch/?cid=us:display:vdycyx&dclid=CM3vp9Tlp88CFUEpFgod4ckGyA
amazon.com/HP-Stream-13-3-Inch-Celeron-Personal/dp/B015CQ8PNA/?tag=tdrvr-20&th=1
amazon.com/HP-Celeron-Horizon-Personal-Upgrade/dp/B00NSHLUBU/?tag=tdrvr-20&th=1
amazon.com/ASUS-X205TA-11-6-Laptop-Intel/dp/B00NY29UIO/?tag=tdrvr-20
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

who /gallium OS/ here

Kek
Is there anyway to access portage on chromeOS?

Install Redox OS

Beautiful OS. It Just Werks

It's a meme bruv, no one works on gentoo anymore...

which is the best bang for the buck chromebook to install gentoo on?

I'm doing it completely wrong, aren't I?
$ pacaur -S gentoo
:: Package(s) gentoo not found in repositories, trying AUR...
:: resolving dependencies...
:: looking for inter-conflicts...

AUR Packages (1) gentoo-0.20.7-1

:: Proceed with installation? [Y/n]

Chrome OS is based on gentoo which is why I said that. Don't install gentoo on it, nothing will work. Either stick with chromeOS, get a chroot or install gallium OS like No but you can check this out: skycocker.github.io/chromebrew/ I've forked this and added a bunch more packages, fairly easy to compile things and get running. You can take .deb files too and extract them, apparently some work

Are there any Chromebooks with particularly good trackpads?

GalliumOS compatibility required, but you don't have to check.

Or do they all have decent trackpads? I have a C201 and it's solid but no Gallium is a huge letdown.

crouton no good?

I have pic related. Toshiba Chromebook 2. Best $270 I've spent in a while. It's track pad is great. Has multi finger input for scrolling and zooming. Plus having a replaceable m.2 sata is nice compared to cheaper models with EMMC.

Unsure if gallium works.

What's the model number on that Senpai?

I keep reading the the higher spec version of the chrome book 2 is great but the lower spec one is dodge

I've got an Acer cb3-131 and the track pad is really good, I only wish the shortcuts worked in Linux. I've never installed GalliumOS so I'm not sure, I run Debian on mine.

Crouton is ok but since it's technically running on top of ChromeOS there can be weird issues with sound, USB, and software issues depending on what you're trying to do. If you want a full fledged Linux machine you can reflash the bios, but that requires some setup and flat out won't work on some models.

>sudo rm -rf *

Make your computer more efficient

amazon.com/Toshiba-Chromebook-CB35-C3300-Backlit-Keyboard/dp/B015806LMM

I have the one with the Celeron 3215u in it. Runs fine for me. I get close to 14 hours of use out of it per charge with 50% screen brightness and moderate use. Around 7 hours use when watching movies streamed from my server at 70% brightness. It really is a good machine. Plus has active cooling fan that kicks on when necessary. No passively cooled garbage.

Got an Acer CB-131 the other day to replace my broken laptop until I can get the cash to properly replace it. Why should I replace the OS Cred Forums?

If you need a machine that can do more than stream video from the internet or a server, browse the web, or type a document.

As in you need a proper file manager, the ability to edit and configure storage and media properly, etc.

ChromeOS is the perfect mix of media consumption and productivity for my school needs. All my real work gets done on the desktop anyway.

Thanks guys.

I've got that model and I would personally choose to run crouton. It will work for most cases, just don't attempt 1080p playback.

Are you Russian?

No, you didn't. Delete yourself and your paid Chromebook shilling thread.

>buy chromebook
>be retarded enough to not just buy a regular windows laptop for the same price
>install a different OS
>be scared that a single button press can erase your OS

Guys how much is the pay for shilling job like this? Im seriously would like to apply

dell.com/us/p/inspiron-11-3162-laptop/pd?dgc=BA&cid=302657&lid=5756798&acd=12309224740360113c99817963&ven3=877303554247446009
shop.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/ideapad/100-series/100s-11-inch/?cid=us:display:vdycyx&dclid=CM3vp9Tlp88CFUEpFgod4ckGyA
amazon.com/HP-Stream-13-3-Inch-Celeron-Personal/dp/B015CQ8PNA/?tag=tdrvr-20&th=1
amazon.com/HP-Celeron-Horizon-Personal-Upgrade/dp/B00NSHLUBU/?tag=tdrvr-20&th=1
amazon.com/ASUS-X205TA-11-6-Laptop-Intel/dp/B00NY29UIO/?tag=tdrvr-20

Are there any reliable builds of ChromiumOS for x86?

I'm think of giving it a try, probably installing it on my relatives -desktop-
I'm not afraid of adding missing kernel modules but I don't want to go through the whole process of building the OS

>Guys how much is the pay for shilling job like this?
Sorry to tell you all the shills are volunteers.
They are all desperate to be in a position where thay can brag that they protect the Chromebook's reputation against truth.
Something to do with crippled egos and diminished self-worth.