What IDE do you use and why, Cred Forums?

What IDE do you use and why, Cred Forums?

I'm stuck using Codeblocks myself because that's what started with and it was the standard for my classes at the time, but I think I've outgrown it, I've seen my peers other programs which seemingly offer superior code completion, debugging etc...In general I feel like Codeblocks is really quite crude and ugly and would like something else.

I'm open to recommendations.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/SYGIQLruaFs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

vim you fucking plebian

>2016
>using a bloated IDE
>not using cat, pipes and i/o redirects instead

Wouldn't this require command line based compilation? I'm still quite the novice and would prefer to have my hand held. Any particular reason you advocate VIM?

Geany

i can't wait to see all the faggot responding to this question about IDE with their favorite... text editor.

>>using a bloated IDE
10 years ago this might have been an argument but considering the state of hardware today who gives a fucking shit? This is the same sort of fundamentalist garbage people throw around when they pretend filesize is significant, there's no real limit on these things anymore and no reason to stress about it.

every experienced programmer ends up using vim or emacs and it's because they offer the best tools for editing code. Once you get proficient at either everything else feels like a cheap imitation. Vim and emacs are designed by programmers for programming, whereas most IDEs are designed for people who are primarily familiar with Microsoft word

Compilation is a discrete task from editing. Figure out whatever build system is best and use it directly

>every experienced programmer ends up using vim or emacs and it's because they offer the best tools for editing code.
Can you give an example?

go on YouTube and watch a skilled vim user.

>emulating a "graphical" user interface in a text based environment

>watch
>youtu.be/SYGIQLruaFs
I have never been so erect before.

God damn it Cred Forums, why are you forcing me to LEARN.

It's copy pasta.

>What IDE do you use and why, Cred Forums?
vim
because reasons

>Wouldn't this require command line based compilation?
It requires plugins to vim that allow you to do automatic linting, build, using vim as a front-end to gdb and code completion

>Any particular reason you advocate VIM?
Not him, and no. Any IDE is just a tool, but I happen to like vim a lot.

I use acme as well and have grown to be very productive with it

>1900+29*4
>using a bloated pig disgusting ide

For real now? I don't mind using the mouse, but is this even useful in anything?

I takes some getting used to but its a fantastic ide.
Why dont you read a bit of documentation on it.
I use it on both my linux laptop aswell as my plan9 grid.

If file sizes weren't important we wouldn't need log rotation policies

Notepad++ for web, and Code::Blocks for C/++. NetBeans for Java (although I'd like to try to get it to fucking compile C/++, b/c it loads faster than C::B, but whatever)

vim

That auto-paste thing was kinda neat, but Notepad++ just auto-indents.

vim can auto indent.

sublime text for javascript programs and shell scripts (debug in chrome and bash respectively), xcode for Swift/Objective-C desktop applications

I think atom is pretty neat. It has pretty good plugins and a variety of themes