Major in Computer Networking

>Major in Computer Networking
>Freshman
>25yr old
How fucked am I?

you'll blend in fine m8, i see a bunch of people in their mid 20s in CN classes.

>How fucked am I?
Not at all. Why feel fucked?

Youre not fucked.
Your in higher education.
That is pretty much the opposite of fucked.

Good job!

basically this.
In the US, only 30% of people have an undergrad degree, and ~10% have a postgraduate degree.

>plinking a revolver from 4 feetwith no ear or eye protection
please no one do this.

>no eye protection
>literally wearing glasses
heres a smug animu girl for you

Location?

Sounds fine to me senpai

you have the support of neckbeards everywhere, godspeed user

We are such a caring community here!

Texas

Thanks guys , it just dawned on me a few weeks after starting class that I constantly see threads on here about how Habeeb is taking over. Any other Networking Majors in here? Id love to get a bit of info about what a typical day at work is like.

when they ask if you poo in the loo tell them you just use the street

>Considering Major in Computer Networking
>28 years old

Am I fucked?

we had old guy in our classes
he was cool
hard worker, did very good in all classes
he explained when you get older you feel the pressure of not to fuck up and fail
we spent our times mostly getting drunk and playing games
more than half of us could not made grades with such approach

>48 year old pescatarian major
>am I fucked?

why? if you got time and financies.. what is the problem?

though I am not sure what people mean by majoring.

is that 3 year degree or 5 year degree?
why not just get CISCO certificates?

Yea , so far it seems my classes are full of either kids right out of high school who open their fucking mouths the second the Prof. stops talking to breathe , and a few including myself who seem like they actually want to learn.

I'm enrolled in a 2yr Computer Systems Networking - Cisco Specialization associates program. I am using my G.I bill and this will not exhaust my tuition funds , so I plan on Continuing with whatever other certs or classes I feel or learn that I should go for.

Also , are you a google or did you just spent most of your time mostly getting drunk and playing games?

>50 yo in elementary school
These little kids gonna get fucked

What if the glass breaks tho?

I did it at 23 with very little coding background (or background at all)

Doing my PhD in computer science now

listen bub, I posted a smug animu girl, that means the conversation is OVER

>Also , are you a google or did you just spent most of your time mostly getting drunk and playing games?

not sure what you are asking
I spent most of my time getting drunk and playing games
but I also graduated

its from Cred Forums google is nigger

I thought that was G1 Megatron. Disappointed.

You're 25. You're fucked from the outset. The prior generation ruined everything and put the burden on you. When you turned 18 and entered the real world it was in the middle of the worst economic recession in history and pay STILL hasn't returned to what it once was. Pensions are a thing of the past and while the old and decrepit continue to siphon off your income through social security and medicare you will be left with nothing to feed yourself.

You'll have to rent because you can't afford to own and you'll be trapped in an eternal cycle of owing money.

You were just born 30 years late, bro.

How fucked am I starting an Electrical engineering degree at 21?

Fuck off Cred Forums

>33 years old
>working in the music industry half my life as a technician
>PhD in music
>want to quit it all and just work with computers

Am I fucked?

>Freshman
>25yr old

You will be competing with 20 year olds that know more than you, have more motivation than you and will work for less.

You're pretty fucked.

Pretty much this.

Your age really doesn't mean shit, just do your work and meet people and maybe if you meet the right people you won't get as fucked as everyone else. That's the only hope for any of us.

>know more than you,
Ahahahaha

> have more motivation than you
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHhahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

>will work for less.
Only true part

This belongs in /adv/, but I'm retarded so I'm going to respond anyway. I know people finishing their degrees in their very late 20s or early 30s. You're fine as long as you can afford the time and money to spend on your education.

>25 year old freshman

then he shoots himself in the head thirty years later instead this time wearing an eye patch

Are you minoring in Hindi and/or Pooing in Loo? You'll need to be able to relate to and communicate with the third-party IT management conglomerate that will hire you for $23,000 a year after you graduate.

Poor Millennials, not having mansions and Ferraris by 25 even though they're willing to work their fingers to the bone almost 30 whole hours a week... Eat a dick and get off my fucking lawn.

You rang?

Dude just try your best and give it your all. Don't worry about other neckbeard NEETs on this site.

As for the poo in the loo issues, those are for codemonkey positions. Networking is a serious position which a degree + experience will really help. It's preferred you do projects during your down time in between classes to prove you're able to apply what you learn in your class or maybe some lower level internships/jobs.

A certification in Network Security wouldn't hurt either (CCNA/MTA/MCSA or their higher level equivalents if applicable) and you could get student discounts. I'm a junior in University of Houston and the $175 MTA exam costed $25 for me.

Congrats on the new life and good luck man!

>Networking is a serious position

I can only speak for my employer, but we're a $50 billion Pharmaceutical company and senior management can't outsource out networking jobs to HCL quick enough. Goddamn sales faggots and our douchebag CEO from P&G.

I work for a small support company for ER branches and because of that HIPAA compliance requirements we have a basic firewall concept understanding requirement for basic interns (which I am), experience with firewalls like the Dell SonicWALL for normal hires, and experience in configuring and supporting firewalls for the admins (we only have 1).

My 3 bosses are all pajeets but are surprisingly good when it comes to outsourcing.

We only outsource the NOC team to notify us whenever something goes wrong with certain servers (RAID fail, internet down, etc) but we're gonna be replacing them soon with our own ping monitor + RAID controller setup.

It's really fun working with them and they're funding my certification training (only have an MTA so far, working on MCSA on network security) while I do uni.

Good to hear that there are still some sane shops around.

>computer science + math minor graduate here
>unemployed for a year
>no experience

Am I fucked?

Do you actually look 25 though?

>mfw 26 and look like 18

no I could pass as a 30+ yr old.

If you can find someone who is willing to help you get a job. These days, no one wants to stick their necks out for someone in fear of the person who they helped does better than them.

There's a 40+ year old lady in one of my classes.

It's normal

you are fine, go to job fairs and hope you are attending a good school

i went back to school for network security at 30 and i had to turn down job offers coming out

pretty sure hunter s thompson doesn't care

>>Freshman at 25 yr
You better make up a very good story why they wont hire someone 3-4 years younger.

>> have more motivation than you
He means that they will be less critical

>pretty sure hunter s thompson doesn't care
pretty sure hunter s thompson shot himself with that revolver

Funny you say that, I know a dude in his late 40's taking the same CS&IT class as me on his G.I. Bill.

Never too late to get into I.T. nowadays.

Wow your surrounded by tight fresh pussy ripe for breeding. Sounds good, man.

join the army .

join the navy

LoL fell for that meme when I was 18 , good one braj

#armyofonefaggot

More surprisingly, sane pajeets

stop shitposting cuck