WTF are these people doing??

WTF are these people doing??

I used to be a macfag until some years ago. Seeing what apple has been doing to itself for some time now makes me fucking sad and angry.

Other urls found in this thread:

gnu.org/software/bash/
github.com/Homebrew/homebrew-core/blob/master/Formula/bash.rb
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1474721938574.webm
stackoverflow.com/questions/5167269/clock-gettime-alternative-in-mac-os-x
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You talking about their shitty new user interfaces? Yeah, plenty of people abhor them including me.

The company is run entirely by the marketing team now.

it's already good enough.
different skin and some iOS features are hardly changing anything.

there's no new user interface. they just changed colors and textures.

AFPS doesn't look like that.
marketing is happy with having 1-2 hero features to advertise and doesn't care about the rest.

macos is years ahead if it comes to security. But many useful features are hidden from normal users. Also cloud isnt e2ee why I just cannot use it. New macos is to noisy. Dozens of services calling home during startup.

What exactly is your problem user?

I run macOS via tonymacx86 with no problems what so ever.

>dat native gnu toolchain
>dat reliability
>dat simplified gui
>dat Skype and Adobe application suport

>dat native gnu toolchain
that they haven't updated in ages because they're triggered by the GPLv3

apple is dying without steve jobs. the only good thing they have left are macbooks.

just update the tools you care about through brew?
>brew info bash
>bash: stable 4.4 (bottled), HEAD
>Bourne-Again SHell, a UNIX command interpreter
>gnu.org/software/bash/
>Not installed
>From: github.com/Homebrew/homebrew-core/blob/master/Formula/bash.rb

Thanks for proving my point.

Steve Jobs released a lot of shitty devices. But without the personality cult, less tards are getting conned.

oh yeah because linux fags don't run
>sudo apt-get update
>sudo apt-get upgrade
every fucking time they try to be productive.
>kill yourself

Why exactly do you need the bleeding edge gnu tools?

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1474721938574.webm

Every Apple's release this year is pure garbage

There's only one version installed and not through a third party tool. But you call this "native".

Mac OS is many years behind every stable Linux distribution at this point.

Steve Jerbs is gone and there are only idiotic "designers" left

>There's only one version installed and not through a third party tool. But you call this "native".
Apple hired the guy who made Homebrew to work on the Swift package manager.
>Mac OS is many years behind every stable Linux distribution at this point.
Still why do you care? Is it stopping you from doing a task? No? Don't worry about it. Yes? Just upgrade it.

I don't have that problem looks like a bug.

Also that's pretty much my experience with any Linux Window Manager, and it's not a bug.

>using iTunes
Do you use the built-in music players on any OS?

> Apple hired the guy who made Homebrew
Doesn't change anything.

>Is it stopping you from doing a task?
Slower, supports less things.

But keep moving the goalposts, you certainly don't sound like a deluded fanboy.

do you also bitch about debian not having the latest and greatest in the repo? you can install new shit, man

>being this dishonest

I never claimed I wanted bleeding edge. Only the Mactoddlers here did, because that's all they can do: try to misrepresent reality.

I specifically said "Mac OS is many years behind every stable Linux distribution at this point."

Kill yourself.

Well for one they've completely neglected their professional video audience by releasing the biggest piece of shit Mac Pro built entirely around AMD cards when virtually all industry standard Video Editing and VFX/Compositing/Colour Grading software today is dependant on CUDA enabled GPUs, that run like SHIT on OpenCL. They're basically using their ProRes codec and thunderbolt connection patenting as a bargaining chip for anyone planning to move to PC (which I already have, fuck you DNxHD is just as good) by scaring them into thinking they will be under equipped. Even the fucking iMacs have turned into glorified family computers. The 5K retina is a meme and makes it incompatible with any kind of wireless external display without mirroring which is a nightmare. Man, I was THE BIGGEST Macfag not half a decade ago, Macs used to be THE COMPUTER for ALL creative industries save for the very rendering intensive stuff and now they've fucking blown it because rather than looking at pushing technology forward and making revenue in a professional market they've focused 100% on casual consumers. I could go on and on but I won't.

TLDR; They've abandoned creative/tech industries. It's all MacBook Pro/Air and iPhone from here on out.

ok i'll address what you're saying directly:
>"Mac OS is many years behind every stable Linux distribution at this point."
behind on some dumb GNU packages barely anyone uses, yes. it seems to be keeping up with the times in most other ways, though

That was listed as an advantage by the Macfag. Your answer is to say "I don't need it anyway". How can you be this retarded?

I feel you man. It pisses me off how they invest most of their resources into casual consumer garbage like iOS and iPhone and don't even bother updating their computers for ages. MBP 15 pretty much hasn't changed since 2013. Same goes for Mac Pro

>Mac OS is many years behind every stable Linux distribution at this point.
Only in terms of GNUshit
choice in package manager (homebrew, macports, fink, NetBSD pkgsrc, nix, conda, rudix)
Launchd > systemd
Aqua/quartz > any DE
applie trackpad gestures > any other hardware manufacture
And it can run commercial applications without the use of black-box reverse-engineered bugware.

i agree that the computers aren't getting enough attention, but i'm still much happier using them compared to the alternatives. the os isn't ruined, just stagnant
the obvious thing for them to do is get the macbook cost down and performance up so that it can replace the air. that'll be nice

>Apple hired the guy who made Homebrew to work on the Swift package manager.
he quit recently. corporate life didn't agree with him i think. don't know what he's going to do now
homebrew hit 1.0 recently. people seem to have forgotten the analytics thing

+1 4 this, used to be the biggest apple faggot on the world, but they totally fucking kicked the professional audiance in the face and put them into orphanage. They're so deep in their asses now that it's completely unnecessary to list the things intelligent people valued about the company around 2005-2012 and these things are fucking non-existent today. I think their endgame in their mind is like fucking reinventing everything from the ground up, neglecting every fucking existant technology and conquering the world "their" way. The right way. But it won't happen you fucking degenate whoresons, the world doesn't work that way. They are already struggling with their wheel reinventing shit technology which are getting obsolete at alpha release. Their hardware is slow and thermal throttling, every professional iFuck developer i know uses a hackintosh for building and coding their shit, cuz their computers are fucking unergonomic and not just "normally" slow, they are unbelievably-fucking-irritatingly unusably slow bc of thermal throttling, they are practically pci-e ssd based toasters with 10% of the computing power of a cheap dell laptop IRL. I've just sold my 2015 rMBP 15" because I couldn't fucking compile the dumbest shit without melting my desk and getting deaf. You can't play AoE 2 in bootcamp because the noise and heat is so frustrating that it just makes you sad and fucks up your mood that u put down $2.5k for a computer that cannot use it's computing power because it was designed by Marketing Engineers -- and I had the iGPU version.

Why is iTunes such a piece of shit?

I just want to move my fucking music to my other computer, but am not allowed to.

So, I'd have to recreate my entire music library on my new computer again

Just buy it all again, poorfag.

How does this image make you feel, Cred Forums?

This is the obvious answer if you can't navigate a file system.

Fully agree.
Apple's strategy is not to increase its marketshare, but to make its customers extremely submissive and extract the most money from them.

From an investment perspective, it's decent, though without Steve Jobs the cult is starting to falter. I wouldn't invest in Scientology now either, but would have some years ago.

>being mad at a combination of 1s and 0s

OSX is objectively deprecated. I can provide more details if needed.

Please do. I'm so fucking mad at the shit they did in recent updates that any other complaint eases my suffering.

right, NextBSD is taking its place.

OSX does not support the latest POSIX standard which is now 8 years old.

Sure it does.

I've never heard of it but it looks like it supports POSIX 2008. They are already light years ahead of apple.

stackoverflow.com/questions/5167269/clock-gettime-alternative-in-mac-os-x

>POSIX
Who cares?

OH right, POSIX2008; nobody cares as everyone wants Unix 03.

Certainly not me. OSX is deprecated after all.

But I take some pleasure in knowing that even Windows is now a better UNIX system than OSX since they've added the Windows Subsystem for Linux with full POSIX 2008 support.

>POSIX makes it better.
Again, the industry doesn't give a shit about 2008. Even qnx in ford cars which got certified earlier this year got 03 certified.

Well it's always been somewhat true that macfags do their own thing regardless of what the outside world is doing, so that isn't too surprising to me.

>no commits in 2 months
>no site updates in a year

>wow they don't add bloat every day
Yup must be a dead project.

Retard if you wanted Linux, you should've used a real distro, not FagOS

Your rationalizing is off the charts

How do you know it is POSIX:2008. I don't see anywhere it got certified.

Because it "emulates" a linux kernel. Not that linux is certified but who cares about certificates.

then how do you know Linux is POSIX 2008?
as linux is only mostly-POSIX compliant.

From experience. I cannot prove either that GCC is a C90 compiler but my experience tells me that it is.

>Doesn't pass POSIX 2003 std.
It's POSIX 2008 gais Ah SWEAR it!!

fuck off with your bullshit.

fuck off troll

At least I can give sauce to my assertions. You're the trolling faggot with your bullshit statements. The only LSB that are POSIX cert'd are from chinks that patch the code and they only gained UNIX 03.

>At least I can give sauce to my assertions.
No you can. Linux is just a kernel. As such it doesn't have shell utils that could be POSIX verified. You're completely talking out of your ass.

>He didn't say GNU/LINUX meme
desperation. I smell it.

after reading thru this thread I fail to understand what the big deal is.
>it's not compliant to a standard normal people never heard of.
>much tools aren't up to date right out of the box but I can update them with brew.

yes apple has made missteps due to it's total focus on ios and should be criticized for it. But as a regular user macOS is a great OS and I have less problems with it in 2 years then I have with win 10 in the last 3 months.

Most normal people don't even know what TCP is

I'm a gentoo user and I update my shit every two weeks. Also I work as a software engineer. Suck it.

so how did you manage to stop being a macfag?
were you sent to one of those cristian-beat-the-gay-out-of-you camps?
thought they were a load of crap and you were just born that way

kek

I went to see a therapist specialized in abduction victims

What does gay have to do with anything? Are you all there?

1000+ days without a MacPro update, familia!