>have spydows 10 installed
>turn off computer last night
>went to sleep
>2AM awoken by flashing lights
>Ethernet port is flashing
>HDD light is flashing
>check computer
>it's off
what the fuck NSA. I may be a NEET but I need sleep like anyone else.

Stupid frog poster.

Unplug your pc you fuck

>be me
>have spydos10.0
>go to bed at 10pm b/c wage slave
>be 1am
>gayming rig kicks on
>all case fans kick on at 100%. 12 case fans.
>w-w-wtf
>pull power cable
>go back to bed
>be morning
>plug in computer
>press power button
>SSD corrupted
I installed GNU/Linux. I'm not looking back. Gaming was childish anyways. My job is software developer, and I've used Linux on/off for years. Just didn't switch b/c games.

I think i might install slackware if i can find a compiz package or a tut on how to build it from source.

I need compiz because i watch a lot of movies and they dont runt smooth without it.

I use gnome3 and fedora22 w/o compiz. But I also have a Nvidia GPU. If you installed the ak-mod firmware it'll auto-configure X for you on your next re-boot. This actually got GSync work correctly with zero issues. And 1080p video play back as been as smooth as Windows

Use compton

They do have a compton package, Not sure if it will work with xfce though.

Should work.

$20 says you let windows decide when to install updates (this is the default option unless you change it specifically) and it automatically uses the time of day you're least likely to need your computer (ie. the middle of the night)

Since you unplugged it in the middle of an OS update of course it got corrupted.

But no certainly it's not YOUR fault. /s

Oh look a Microsoft apologist. Why isn't the default
>Install updates when you want
Isn't that simpler? Or does it not appeal to the lowest common denominator mouth breathing normie like yourself?

You call me a mouth breathing normie but you're the one who didn't configure your OS how you wanted it.

That's a pretty normie mistake senpai.

Also considering its an OS primarily used by normies of course it's fucking configured by default for them.

As someone who claims to be a technically inclined individual, you're pretty retarded for even thinking windows isn't pre-configured for normie users.

>be me
>update to windows 10
>play latest games
>comfy.jpg
>turn off computer then sleep
>3am
>woke up
>fell out of bed
>dragged a comb across my head
>found my way downstairs and drank a cup
>and looking up, I noticed I was late
>bios beeps
>wtf

I was looking to see what the *normie* windows 10 experience is. It was pretty clear you can't keep the NSA/Microsoft out of windows10, so I wanted to take the blue pill and see how bad it is. The amount of work people were doing to configure Windows10 for privacy looked comparable to configuring Linux daemons so I figured why not?

So yeah I didn't do any extra work. I saw the pop-up ads on my desktop, and advertisements for games in my start menu. I just wanted to have a partition to play games. That's normie af right? That was my goal.

Overall not bad. Drivers worked, Games worked fine, Steam was fun. Just unnerving my Computer would turn on by itself often. Come home from work computer is on. Wake up in the morning computer is on. Normies wouldn't un-plug their PC at night. So why would I? I used Edge. I used Google Chrome. I wanted to be the Anti-Cred Forums. I wanted to see how the botnet tech life was. I synced files between Work and Home with OneDrive.

I wanted to see if Cred Forums was actually wrong. Was the grass greener on the otherside? Have I been wrong my whole life for caring about my Linux install? My Firefox addons? My emacs addons? My 16MB hosts file?

No. Cred Forums was right. Botnet life is horrible.

>I saw the pop-up ads on my desktop, and advertisements for games in my start menu.
Been running Windows 10 daily for over a year, haven't had any of that. But I'm also not a normie so my firewall is setup to automatically block ad-servers from connecting to my network which might do it.

I also have over 30 days of uptime on my computer and I don't ever have it off long enough to turn on by itself so I have personally never had that happen either.

Sounds like you know you want linux but wanted to be retarded anyway by complaining how shit windows is without you configuring anything about it.

>Come home from work computer is on. Wake up in the morning computer is on
you're just a fucking mongoloid who can't configure his pc for shit, I put my Windows 10 to sleep every night and never in the morning was it on.

tldr
>I blamed windows for my ineptitude.

>drank a cup

just a day in the life of user

Yeah it isn't his fault, only Windows would hijack your computer like that

>/s

We know what sarcasm is here dipshit, we're not as dumb as the people on your meme and upvote website