bento.io/
programming-motherfucker.com/
github.com/vhf/free-programming-books/blob/master/free-programming-books.md
theodinproject.com/
freecodecamp.com/
w3schools.com/
developer.mozilla.org/
codewars.com/
youtu.be/JxAXlJEmNMg?list=PL7664379246A246CB - "Crockford on JavaScript" lecture series.

>Useful Youtube channels
derekbanas
thenewboston
learncodeacademy
funfunfunction
computerphile
codingrainbow

>Frontend development
github.com/dypsilon/frontend-dev-bookmarks

>Backend development
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_web_application_frameworks
gist.github.com/dypsilon/5819528/

>Useful tools
pastebin.com/q5nB1Npt/
libraries.io/ - Discover new open source libraries, modules and frameworks and keep track of ones you depend upon.
developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web - Guides for HTML, CSS, JS, Web APIs & more.
programmableweb.com/ - List of public APIs

>NEET guide to web dev employment
pastebin.com/4YeJAUbT/

>How to get started
youtu.be/sBzRwzY7G-k - "2016/2017 MUST-KNOW WEB DEVELOPMENT TECH - Watch this if you want to be a web developer "
youtu.be/zf_cb_Nw5zY - "JavaScript is Easy" - If you can't into programming, you probably won't find a simpler introduction to JavaScript than this.

>cheap vps hosting in most western locations
lowendbox.com
digitalocean.com/
linode.com/
heroku.com/
leaseweb.com

Other urls found in this thread:

bloomberg.com/features/2016-america-divided/middle-class/
egghead.io/courses/react-fundamentals
codecanyon.net/item/awesome-gallery-instagram-flickr-facebook-galleries-on-your-site/6462937
codecademy.com/
classroom.udacity.com/courses/cs253
jetbrains.com/webstorm/,
visualnovelcharts.com/
website/blog/post1
website/blog/?post=post1
jsfiddle.net/mvkd5rmn/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I think /wdg/ needs a break senpai.

we already take long breaks it seems to me

These threads keep dying before they even reach the bump limit. I made the first post in this thread 3+ hours after it was created, it doesn't make sense to keep going at this rate. Give it a break for a week or two.

Go > JS > C++ > Java

I'm off, /wdg/. I signed up for CS50x. Then i trickle down through OP resources. How's that for a start though? Anyone here taken CS50x?

i'm sure it's good. i enjoy lectures but not really for programming -- it's just too boring. i also hate how you have to make an account on most of these sites
anyway i hope it goes well for you. come to us with questions if you like

i needed that. Thank you.

Also what's with all the pajeets spamming you the moment you sign up for hosting. It's like stepping off a bus in Bombay and getting swarmed by tramps. "hello do you want website i can make you wordpress" GODDAMN

Dont know much about webdev but do you guys know what they use to create this? (scroll down). bloomberg.com/features/2016-america-divided/middle-class/

Some finished plugin thing or made from scratch?

Have a job interview next week.
Development studio with 30+ people (iOS, Android devs mostly) where I aim at the position of junior web application developer.

The main requirement is React but I have zero knowledge about this shit.
As I understood they are mainly mobile app development shop with MEAN stack as a main stack for web development.

How fucked am I guys?
Is it possible to get a basic knowledge of React in less than 1 week, provided I'm semi-decent in JavaScript, to even reach a junior level?
Currently doing NodeJS and Express on TeamTreehouse and Lynda.com.
After that is the React 12 hours a day minimum.

What say you?

React is pretty easy to learn

egghead.io/courses/react-fundamentals

I sincerely hope you're right mate, I really need that job.
Been jobless neet for the past 2 years but fuckin sick of being broke as fuck everytime.

Is there a way to generate views from models in django the way ASP MVC does it?

I'm using PHP and I'm trying to get data from MLS for real estate listings any help?

....major league soccer?

Fastest webserver with C?

Go > C# > Java > C++ >> Python > Ruby >> PHP > JS

C > All

Reasonably accurate, though I'd swap C# and Go and PHP and JS.

Statically typed expressive > statically typed verbose > designed dynamically typed > thrown together dynamically typed

Is angular or react faster to learn? I need to make a spa

Yes.

Extremely simple question, but I can't for the life of me see what is going wrong here.

I've got two routes, GET and POST for '/newnote'.

// GET newnote
router.get('/newnote', function(req, res) {
return standupCtrl.getNote(req, res);
});

// POST newnote
router.post('/newnote', function(req, res) {
return standupCtrl.create(req, res);
});

They deal with requests via a method attached to standupCtrl, which is required into the routes file. The get request for '/newnote' works fine. It's hunky dory. It serves a jade template, which looks like this:

extends layout

block content
form(method="POST", action="/newnote")
btn.btn.btn-info(type="submit") Submit

It couldn't be any more simple. This should hit the POST route. Something should happen, but it just isn't. The .create method within that POST method only contains the following code:

res.redirect(301, '/');

Any ideas? What is it that I'm missing?

What kind of shit should I have in my portfolio for a entry level front end developer job?

Very basic skills: html, css, javascript

I just know I got to have a portfolio.

make a web app that takes inputs and interacts with a database at the least.

>tfw i'm an indian PHP programmer

I'll never find work.

Is it better/faster/easier to modify a locations resource on a file system (changing directory and/or filenames) than serving something from an endpoint verified and authenticated by an application or script?

For an example a private image on a social network, a video stream that "expires" (think YouTube and any service worth talking about), that sorta thing

SPA is overrated. That being said, react js is useful for more than just a SPA, so I recommend that.

If you have experience you have more chance than a white boy fresh out of school. You realise there's a hierarchy of employment?
Women > minorities > alternative people > average white men

Basically, you'll find work easier than plenty of people in this thread with less qualifications and less skills.

I did a job interview once and the person interviewing me said to get a start in STEM you need to do 2 years work in India. I was speechless, it's out group preferences in western nations and in group preferences everywhere else. Whatever happens, the white man becomes the most disadvantaged purely because everyone in STEM is tripping over themselves to show how tolerant they are.

The former, because your front facing server should do that for you.

For authentication, nginx has a thing where you pass a request to another location (or port) on the host and then you can accept or deny the request based on the return code. This means you can have a simple route on your backend that simply checks if your user agent/IP address is verified or not, if so it returns 200 and nginx will pass the resource, if not it returns 401/403 and the user will get an error page.

Dunno how this works for apache, but apache is for fags.

I was just going to turn out some "client" websites. I guess an app makes sense though. Any other pointers you or anyone else?

A forum is perfect to demonstrate you know how to work with a database.

Maybe start with a static website, but just making and designing plain sites isn't going to get you a good job. I know some bootcamps make their students create clones of already existing popular web apps like soundcloud or asana. So something in that vein, like maybe a basic chat app. Then you can add more functionality like persistent chat rooms. You can google project ideas, just pick one that has you working with a back-end (database) too.

websites arnt really what they used to be.

most modern designs have 2 core components

1) some kind of applications server that brokers information between clients (including other services, like an oauth broker) and the DB via an api.

2) the UI / web app, which preprocesses data to be sent to the api and organizes return data and static files aesthetically.

the question is, frontend or backend first. Either way you go, you can start with a thin front or thin back and focus on your choice.

db rant -
the backend db doesnt need to be a full ACID compliant sql db, and that approach is becoming less and less popular. The features you get in an SQL db, beyond a key:value store or document store dont scale well. If you do build your website on sql db, at scale you end up just turning the things you actually use into indexes (key:value pairs) and leaving everything else to sit in case you need to mine it for *data*, in which case you are gunna dump everything into hadoop anyway.

tl;dr - if you want to do sql on the web learn drupal and then start writing extensions (or whatever they are called in drupal)

>db rant
this is just inaccurate. don't listen to this part

Is this shit necessary for an entry level position??

most entry level positions just want to see that you know something, and are willing to learn. most of the time those positions will take anyone with a degree or a little experience.

if you walk in the door with a good understanding of angular and a pretty carousel demo you should be fine.

Yeah I suppose this would ideal right here. Thanks user. Looks like it will be fun to dig into.

Hmmm I think I've under estimated this under taking.

Thanks fellas.

Cool beans thanks user I was getting g pretty worried over here. Thanks to you user I'm gonna make it!

you absolutely have to understand the MVC pattern which is what he talks about in the first part. and yes you need to understand how the back end works too. it's just that the points he makes about nosql vs sql db's aren't entirely true.

if you're serious about learning and have the time i would just go through the online harvard cs50 course on edx. it's a solid overview of CS topics in general and there's a portion about web dev too. afterwards you can focus on front-end of whatever you want to do.

>if you walk in the door with a good understanding of angular and a pretty carousel demo you should be fine.
no you can't just fucking walk in the door knowing one framework and expect to get a decent job. not a job at any real tech firm with a decent salary. there's a certain baseline of knowledge you need before employers will even consider you. if this seems like a lot of work, it's because it is. if you take your time and actually learn you should be able to find a job.

>not a job at any real tech firm with a decent salary.
most entry level jobs are not this.

most entry level positions out there they are just looking for someone with a bachelors and some interest in the subject. They do training on the job.

and if they are looking for more in the job requirements, dont apply for that one....

but user is right, in that you shouldnt expect to go work for twitter/google/facebook etc with a carousel demo. expect $15-25 hourly @ 25-40 hours a week for at least the first 6 months

Why do we need a router/routing for our pages ? Instead of simply load the appropriate webpage ?

Or do we always have routing behind the scenes from let's say XAMPP, even with simple web pages ?

>Why do we need a router/routing for our pages ? Instead of simply load the appropriate webpage ?
We don't. Assuming you use PHP or something, you can just write your code in .php files. However this means that your URLs don't look nice, and you have to extract the parameters of the request yourself.

For simple websites, using one or more .php files and loading them from your browser is absolutely fine. Routing just makes it easier to structure your program.

>harvard cs50 course on edx

is there something like this, only about C# and the .NET framework instead of the other stuff?

How do I make a responsive gallery like this that supports both landscape and portrait and looks good?

I found this which is kinda close but it's paid codecanyon.net/item/awesome-gallery-instagram-flickr-facebook-galleries-on-your-site/6462937

Any other members of the Elm master race? Been refactoring & cleaning up code all day, super easy compared to Ember/React

Maybe if you're a woman or a minority or in eastern Europe or in India.

You don't. You only need anything to do with routes with pure backend code (node). Use a front facing server like nginx or apache for static pages, then it's called a location if nginx and who knows for apache.

Why assuming PHP? That has little to do with routing.

Do projects specifically in languages to learn specific languages. I can recommend you a networking library based around REST for C# if you like.

How to do this kind of slider?

JavaScript.

Make all the off screen pictures hidden and then show and center them one by one. Or make three shown and orient them however.

maybe because php is the last common language in which people are still taught to do things like this

provide a link
i don't think it would be too hard to recreate but it's probably just something off of the shelf

>maybe because
ominous.

>php is the last
Sorry, last what?

>common language
Like, like as an adjective, meaning simple? If not, what? C# is a pretty common language, so is JavaScript.

>in which people are
You mean like the guy you're responding to?

>still taught to do things like this
Like how he learned to do it in JavaScript and thus called it a route?

Bro.

i defer to your superior knowledge
my assertion was that if I start from nothing and say "i'm going to build an interactive website in language x" and start googling furiously, and if x is anything other than php, i'm probably going to be indoctrinated with routing. this is not a value judgement

i would respond to each line (half of these are just you being an asshole) but it doesn't seem worth it

Once you start in PHP, you'll inevitably end in PHP and PHP is never going to be faster than a compiled language or even semicompiled language like C#. Nothing cripples a website more than the obvious fact it can't support more than triple digit users.

Thank you for deferring to my superior knowledge, it sometimes feels good. Unfortunately you're propagating the delusion that there's any need for your PHP beyond baby duck syndrome.

Even v8 is faster, which is essentially how node.js runs.

Chill out, you mentioned PHP. Know the board culture?

HHVM. And tell us what you think "semicompiled" means. It would be an even better idea if you stopped shitposting, got a copy of the dragon book and inserted it rectally.

can you recommend me a good text editor please ? Currently using notepad++.

Sublime Text. Have you been sleeping under a rock, m8?

vim

>codecademy.com/
codecademy sucks IMO. please also add udacity or replace it...

btw, here's a course for noob backend devs, you need to learn python first, though:
classroom.udacity.com/courses/cs253

now, I'm wondering... I'm doing the course I'm suggesting, but I already know most of these things. otoh, I don't practise(sp?) much... should I continue? should I do something else instead?

do u have a link pls?

>HHVM. And tell us what you think "semicompiled" means.
Byte code, intermediary languages, etc. There are names for everything renamed by everyone and not getting enough of them points out your ignorance. No, Hip Hop Virtual Machine is not faster than most semicompiled languages, nor is FPM which isn't much faster or slower than HHVM.

>It would be an even better idea if you stopped shitposting,
Do I seem like I'm shitposting? You got offended at me taking issue to your phproselytizing and then got nasty.

Seriously, simple and only issue is stop bringing up PHP, especially not when it's so painfully obvious he's using something else. I don't even like node, shit's hacksy.

>got a copy of the dragon book and inserted it rectally.
Well that was unkind. Fuck you phpajeet.

Gedit.

What's wrong with notepad++ besides being a little bloated?

>What's wrong with notepad++ besides being a little bloated?
I was wondering if there was something better for web dev.

does anyone here use django?

Django-expert here. Ask me anything.

can u just write it? too fast for me too type

>biting the bait so hard

Django Grand Master Expert here. Ask me anything.

Django power level 9001, ask me anything.

try mason.js

Django Project founder here, ask me anything

You're a cheeky little cunt aren't ya?

Fair enough.

Webstorm sometimes has autocomplete jetbrains.com/webstorm/, but otherwise my work flow is half the screen editor and the other half a browser.

I've never minded, if I want to do anything more intense than visual effects and validation it'd probably be from the backend and I'd have an IDE to muddle through libraries. Why even read the documentation when you have autocomplete?

When this works on PyPy it'll become bigger than node.js.

How many users at any one time do you get on websites you right?

Fuck off guys. I was serious ;_;

I don't right websites, I only left them

I mostly do backends. I did some websites that had frontend with around 200 visits a day. And it ran fine if that's what you are asking.

I am too, ask away...

medium-business enterprise apps & websites for cool but small organizations, so not a crazy amount.

Moving towards haskell/servant backend w/ elm frontend.

Suicide is the only solution
Fixing your list:
DEVIOUS YARN 2016 INSTALL NOW > Go > Python > JS > Ruby on Rails > C++ > Java > C# > PHP > C

this isn't me?

i'm not actually THAT serious but i'm wondering why I should be using such a heavy framework apposed to a microframework?

Because you get a fuckton of things for free

i might honestly just web.py because i have a crush on aaron swartz.

Webpy is good, but don't expect to be able to use it for anything that isn't a small hobby project. You don't really have as much control over things as you do in Django, or my personal preference, Tornado.

200 visits a day isn't much, it's about a user a minute at your busiest and maybe 20-30 at any one time. If I were to write a social media website, it would be cursed to remain small as fuck unless it could handle at least 100 times that.

I wouldn't write a website using Django.

Fine, what's the issue? Post some code.

>Haskell backend
This is how you ensure you'll always have at least one client.

Anyway, similar problem, but more or less unlikely. A small company either collapses within 5 years, doesn't really grow and remains the same, or it lucks out and becomes massive. In that last case, you'll need to whip out you are haskell server.

And then no one for the rest of time will have any chance of reverse engineering your code, because you were that douchebag who decided Haskell was Good Ideaâ„¢.

Considering this is a web dev thread...

>Backend
C# == Java > Go > JavaScript > C++ == Haskell > PHP > Ruby > Lua > F# > PHP > Oh god what dark hole of the internet did you find that networking library from that obscure language

>Front End
HTML == JavaScript == CSS > Babelscript > bro what are you doing?

Because let's be serious here, if you can't find a library written for the first three languages from each ranking, you might not be cut out for all the programming.

If I show I'm as sexy as Aaron Schwartz, will you swap to c# for me?

Misquoting, but the fucker didn't deserve the you.

Not gonna torture people by making them write C#, Java, Go, JS or C++ though. Haskell is fun, fast, easy to refactor, & allows high levels of abstraction...

Oh and I don't work with dumbasses who can't pickup Haskell...

I was going to write a website in python+django, but then, I found about Go...
easy to learn, great performance/resource usage, compiler and libs help you build performant, secure stuff, lots of docs, alternative libs, etc.

>C# == Java > Go
really? lmaoing @ you

this

Shut the fuck up

>now, I'm wondering... I'm doing the course I'm suggesting, but I already know most of these things. otoh, I don't practise(sp?) much... should I continue? should I do something else instead?
anyone?
I'm wondering if this course will be useful in my CV or something

actual project > online class

Shut the fuck up now

>get a call that someones prestashop is blocked due to it sending spam email
>check the logs and google the problematic files
>the problem with the cms has been known for months now
>with a default install people can just manipulate the url to send spam
Why is this allowed?

Okay.

But so few people know it, that's the thing, a medium sized business might not need an upgrade or something changed in a while, but that just hurts the issue. It means they'll go longer between periods of hiring a contractor to work on that system, by that time you've moved on and might not even be contracting anymore.

Then they're stuck looking for a Haskell dev to work alone on your backend code! Sure a decent dev can do it, but they'll still curse you.

There are so many libraries for C# and Java that you're silly if you can't find a networking library in there that fits you. Most of the good ones are just as simple as node.js with the added benefit of being just that little bit faster.

Also, noticed I put PHP twice. Disregard the first, PHP is laughable.

It's not bad.

C# has nuget and Java is Java, somehow there are jars everywhere, for web I'd stick between them.

Because you're relying on a CMS instead of learning to code your own websites?

So much mad.

because prestashop devs don't give a fuck about basic security?
btw, do you have any links explaining the problem? I guess I could write a patch or something

> PHP

Seems relatively easy to pay people to write Haskell. /r/haskell salivates at the thought.

Not super relevant though, I live on a commune and the code is for our business - I'll be around and willing to work on it for decades. But even if I'm not I've documented it enough & use nice libraries like Servant that it's a pleasure to code for. And Elm code is hard to fuck up and even harder to not understand.

>I live on a commune and the code is for our business - I'll be around and willing to work on it for decades.
Oh god that's hilarious, please be real.

>I've documented it enough
For your successor, here's to hoping you're literate and concise.

>doesn't know what he's talking about. most likely works for pajeet

Backend Haskell isn't as difficult as you're making it out to be, you might just a dumbass.

>Why assuming PHP? That has little to do with routing.
PHP is the most popular language which people use in which the user can actually access files and the server runs a command on the files.

For example, nobody does Python on the web without routing. That's why I said "assuming PHP", because with most other languages used for web apps don't work in the same way PHP does.

I guess you could write a whole website a la PHP by dumping the processing part in the templates (jinja, etc), but no one would be crazy enough to do that, because it sucks.
you don't even need routing, but there is a reason it exists.

> Oh god that's hilarious, please be real.
Don't know what you're getting at. It's the truth, I've been here for years building up some pretty awesome infrastructure and fun projects. Different strokes for different folks.

> For your successor, here's to hoping you're literate and concise.
Uh yeah, I don't worry about this, it's in the bag. I wish I could inherit code bases from myself :P

It's from a web design, do you know the name of this kind of slider?

>You don't. You only need anything to do with routes with pure backend code (node)
thanks, then I have to learn the theory I guess...

I don't know shit about HTML or whatever but i'm doing this puzzle for my first class avaliation (creative html usage) but i'm stuck on something:
I have a black background page with text written and some hyperlinks, all in black, blending in, you gotta select everything in the page to see it.
The thing is after i click the link once it changes it's color on my browse to indicate i clicked it already.
How do i change that?

Google it, I know it may seem easy to just ask here, but this is a super simple thing and having this thread act as some sort of personal google assistant for things that take 5 seconds to look up seems silly to me.

"CSS visited link color"

I still haven't got around CSS, i'm just going barebones HTML. That's why i'm asking.
But yeah, thanks, i'll do some research. Maybe should have gone to /sqt/

Quick glance tells me I have to hardcode number of columns/row? That seems the wrong approach

Any JavaScript developer can help me? Please.

Animated? Otherwise just three divs and z-index position them properly then move them around on next/prev.

>For authentication, nginx has a thing
Can you link me to it in their docs? Haven't taken my ritalin yet so I can't even imagine how this would work

Never mind I get it, but what's it called in the first place? Gotta start fucking with my config

I made a site:
visualnovelcharts.com/
What do I need to fix or change, /wdg/?

You need to send a header from your script like this:
X-Accel-Redirect: /protected/your_file.jpg

And in the nginx config you put
location /protected/ {
internal;
alias /non/public/path/;
}

"Read more" for longer stuff so that the scrolling bar doesn't appear.
The way it is now makes it annoying to navigate the site.

I imagine you'd want the "Read more" to send to the same page as the title or simply make the container bigger till mouse-out? IDK.

How does the instant notification work? Let's say i post something on X social network and then someone gets a notification how does it happen.

I want to make an app that gets notified when X thing happens/gets posted/changes state etc how do i do this?

Server-Sent Events, Websockets, long-polling, polling [....]

Pick your poison.

Xultra pls

When developing a website, do you create the php/html and css simultaneously? I'm finding I have to test every single change I make because nothing is guaranteed to look the way I want ti to.

Usually build out a few pages and then start styling it. Or put in some css framework and tweak/design it last.

But I never PHP.

I HTML and PHP at the same time then style after.

I tried but i can't make it move, just html and css. What to do?

>php
>not finding work
Are you serious? I'm barely competent and I get floods of contract work with php. I've been trying to transition to anything else for years but I never make time. Feels good to be white I guess? I'm in Poland so you probably have a similar standard of living. Just bill out cheap and do good enough the money comes on its own.

The best way IMO is to write the PHP and just the bare minimum with the basis for divs so you can style later.

I want a grid of clickable elements like the twitch stream grid or a grid of items from an online store. Should I use divs for this? Or would and unsorted list be better? I really don't know how to go about this, I know basic c++ and c# etc. but php and css dont seem to work logically.

PHP.

So I have an 2D array of objects (all inherit from a superclass), each array will have objects of the same type. I want to construct a table of the properties of those objects.

My question is, how do I do this in a nice way? I can I tell which is which from say, a foreach loop? How do I know which methods I can call?

Anyone use this text?

What platform do you use? E-lance, O-desk, something like that? Would love to get started on that as well.

Looks good, what framework do you use btw?

Meant 56780895

I want to get of any in my project. ANY.
With react I can implement server-side rendering for the whole document except doctype. What shall I do if I don't want to put string into my code?

>I want to get rid of any
Fix.

Is there a javascript browser extension API abstraction thingy so I can develop for firefox and chrome at the same time?

In PHP is it possible to GET a page like:
website/blog/post1

When the 'post1' folder doesn't exist, and defaults to a 404 error document.

At the moment mine looks like this
website/blog/?post=post1

Jquery.

browser
extension
api

Oh sorry, for extensions try userscripts.

Nevermind I found out. Made a .htaccess file with the contents:

RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond %{SCRIPT_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteCond %{SCRIPT_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ index.php?post=$1 [QSA]

I thought about that but I need "background timers" and as far as I know it's impossible to do with userscripts since they're just executed in the page

Looking for a cheap and reliable (!) vps for a few web services. Currently I host everything on Digitalocean but apparently they were some problems with random server shutdown in the past.

Any other recommendations on hosting? Heard vultr is good but can't find anything on reliability there.

Anyone knows what's a free library that I can use to display a responsive gallery of images (both landscape and portraits) that may be clicked on to enlarge? Ideally a layout like this pic related.

Make one.

No

then ur a fagit

No

fagit

it's not even that hard

Yes. Php.

Then it's probably already been done (better) by someone else who cares about JavaScript so I'm looking for that.

?

Why is the WebDev community so full of SJWs?

I changed my mind, /wdg/. Give me a framework which is the easiest and fastest, I don't mind being called pajeet anymore, it's better that then hating my life trying to fix errors in express.

Rails? Django? Laravel? I've tried all of them but on a really basic level so I'm still not sure. I just want something with which I can glue together everything into a useful application.

because the technically literate normies take a look at their normie software and see that it's all webshit like facebook and webapps. So they strive not to make games or create some weird number crunching software on some dusty server, but to develop websites on their Macbook while sitting in a starbucks

flask

express is easy though

Because even idiots can webdev. Just throw a bunch of JQuery plugins together or customize wordpress themes you found online and you have a modern, web 2.0 certified webpage. If you can't be bothered to learn a proper programming language for backend stuff you can just fling shit around with node.js and it'll eventually be somewhat usable.

lel same with literally everything in software development maybe bar a select few like compiler design and kernel hacking

This. Also, after I got some experience in the real world and realized even most of the CS students get into webdev I stopped looking at it as a pleb tier field. And it varies a lot, some people can literally install wordpress and lightly customize themes (a job which surprisingly still pays pretty well, same as a teacher in a high school would get) but others have to do more complex stuff.

firstly, most cs students are useless so they don't set any kind of standard
secondly, customizing wordpress themes is definitely not web development

They still have a "web developer" in their title, that is the truth.

yeah and people doing social sciences are scientists

Guys, I have a website running on my PC, there are some people who want to access the site, the problem is I don't want people giving the URL to other people and that other people accessing the site.

If they give me their mac adress can I make a mac adress white list in the router settings to prevent another mac adress to connect to the site?

For real though, how the fuck do we even call those wordpress people? They are not web designers either, I have no idea...

no and you don't know how mac adress work
make authentication of some sort for them like passwords

If you want speed and no bloat try phalcon. Bit of a learning curve tho

if they ive the URL to thers surely they can also give the password

why not whitelist IPs

both can be spoofed anyway

:s/ive/give && s/thers/others/

well, what can I do? the site is a map scanner for pokemon go and I don't know how to put a password so they don't give the address to other people,the webserver runs with python if that helps

Does anyone here have experience with isomorphic react apps?
I have a problem: app is rendered twice. Is it possible to force react to use existing dom constructed on the server without re-rendering it before state change?

Why the fuck hugo doesnt display my menus

Just create a two step user authentication system that uses a password to log in and an email as the username tied to the password, then once they submit it, send a verification code to the email they have to enter at a second stage so you know it's them, it should also expire after two or three minutes just in case so they won't spread it around, keep track of their session/login with a browser cookie so they can stay logged in on the same device and if someone else tries to log in with that same pass and email from another device, destroy the previous session so it can't be used at the same time. Also since this is a map server, it's likely you have access to geolocation information, if the secondary login happened more than 100 yards from the initial login, blacklist their credentials, IP and also probably redirect them to some undesirable website to deter them from getting on your VIP server again.

you're wasting your time, the guy just downloaded a pokemon scanner from github, followed the steps to get it running, and started a flask development server or something. he won't set up shit

this , i am dumb

Bootstrap for frontend.
Backend is just plain php.

jsfiddle.net/mvkd5rmn/
How to make this move like the picture?

embed this .gif (pronounced "jif") in your webpage ;)

That was more or less the impression I was getting, so I went on to elaborate the most overkill solution imaginable.

I'm not sure where to go with this project of mine anymore.

I sat down some time ago and decided to create for myself a desktop app for this website.

After few hours over the duration of 4 days I ended up with pic related. Then I realized I had no idea where I was really going with this from the start other than to "make a thing". I literally just re-created my browser and called it a desktop app.

browsers are desktop apps tho

I am a complete neophyte at everything. Can I live here?

/wdg/ is dead anyway

Hey I'm pretty new too, I just assumed my residence here, I guess you could do as me. No one seems to have attacked me yet!

ok

stupid question
what's the difference between using

$calc = $this->loadModel('CalcModel');
$result=$calc->add(5,10);

and
$this->loadModel('CalcModel');
$result= $this->CalcModel->add(5,10);

working with MVC why is the first not working but the second one is ?

Let me get my crystal globe to find out what does not work mean and what framework you are using.

Can someone help me instead? screw that other guy

I need to know how to not capture a specific part in my regex that is just used to help match against another part

var test = '#123-#124-127-127';

console.log(test.match(/(#(\d+))/g))// should output [123,124] without the pound symbol

I'm used to PCRE and regex in javascript isn't what I was used to...

oh sorry, i am using PHP and the error i get is
Call to a member function add() on a non-object in (home controller directory)

I guess loadmodel doesn't actually return instance of class. Question is if this is bug or are you misunderstanding how this is supposed to work.

Ok, stupid question, I figured it out >.

Here's a weird but simple question /wdg/:

I was working on forms in express on two separate projects. For whatever reason, neither form would submit correctly. However, when I changed the button to an input element instead, it worked perfectly. What's up with that?

Constructed using jade/pug markup.
// Original button
btn(type="submit").btn.btn-info Submit
// Input that replaced it
input(type="submit", value="submit")

It worked in both cases. I have no idea why this was an issue.

i know i maybe misunderstanding how it works,i was following a tutorial and he used the above method and it was working for him and i modified the loadmodel method to be exactly like his but it didn't work either.

'btn' doesn't exist, the correct tag name is just 'button'

wow

fuck me, that was simple

I suppose the weird part was that it ultimately did render into what looked like a button, with those bootstrap classes

thanks a million dude

golang + external libs

>kernel hacking is difficult
are you joking?

Gulp or Webpack?

Both.

any guides on how to build a simple e-commerce platform? I know most things I should know... but still wonder if there is a book or something in which some people show their experience building things like this