Anyone else miss Motorola?

Anyone else miss Motorola?

Other urls found in this thread:

nasdaq.com/symbol/msi
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yeah, they had taste back in 2013, they're just chucking out tacky garbage now.

Still have my moto x pure and I love this thing.
Sad to know that under lenovo we probably won't get any more updates other than the initial nougat one.

Luckily, there is an unstable cm14 build out already, so I'm expecting it to become usable in another couple of weeks or so.

Using a Moto g4 and loving it, so no.

In fact I'm thinking of getting a Lenovo laptop. Based Lenovo.

>based Lenovo

I dont miss my original n6 mainly because it's still my daily driver. I cant seem to find any uses for my 6s other than Snapchat, so my n6 is still my baby

> wearing a watch
> falling for the 'you're not a real mang unless you pretend you have somewhere to be' meme

>Based Lenovo.

They perfected the smartphone design with the Nexus 6. All they had to do was upgrade the internals and add a fingerprint reader and they'd be set. Perhaps offer a smaller scale version for manlets. Maybe add one of those sim/msd hybrid slots as well.

I mean fuck just look at the front. It's all work and no bullshit.
>no logos
>thin bezels
>stereo speakers
>minimalist as it gets without sacrificing function

Then they release this piece of shit with no headphone jack, massive chin with a huge home button alongside a logo.

Currently have a bamboo-back Moto X 2014, waiting for my unlocked Moto Z Play to ship next month

I'm thinking about getting a moto x, is it worth it if it's like $300.Other phones in its price point just don't seem to compare

I would be fine with them if they released a phone that wasn't fuckhueg and also not a retardedly cheap budget model, the old Moto G was great

Definitely worth it for that much, but there are some things you should know about.

The customer support is supposedly terrible ever since it was acquired by Lenovo. I haven't had the misfortune of dealing with them since I haven't had any issues with my phone, but you can easily find many people complaining about it.
Also, no one is too confident in how much the device will be updated. General consensus is that we will get one more update to nougat, and then support will be dropped.

imo if you are willing to root and don't drop your phone then go for it. If you think you might have to deal with customer support then pick another phone.

That being said, everything else about the phone is amazing. Moto display and moto actions are great, it has a big screen with a high ppi, dual front facing speakers, and a decent camera. Battery life is perfectly fine for me. Here's a screenshot of my battery life from a few days ago (I had around 3.5 hours sot).

manlet here, wish there were a smaller version of nexus 6 that could fit in my pocket.

Also forgot to mention this in my post.
Although we probably won't see more than nougat officially, we will definitely get CyanogenMod support to 15, and probably even 16. After that is hard to say though.

So what would be a good alternative to this phone then?

The 5x goes on sale for around $250 pretty frequently, so that's probably a decent choice.
Don't expect to play any intensive games on it though, since it's only got 2gb of ram.
For this price range k would recommend looking into some chink shit, as long as you can root and flash a custom ROM on it. Maybe something like OnePlus.

It's saddening, I don't know what to do when my nexus 5 will die.
I was considering motorola as a good alternative but now it's over with lenovo destroying everything.
If nokia fuck things up this fall, i'm done with android.

I really wouldn't go for the 2015 'Pure' model. It's basically the same thing, but even bigger and with a more Lenovo design. The 2013-2014, or any Moto G is absolutely worth it. I'm on the 2014 X now. It's like the XPS of phones

X pure was designed when Motorola was still owned by Google. You can tell just by looking at how similar it looks to the Nexus 6.
Like I said before, the device itself is damn near perfect, but unless you're rooted and running custom Roms you'll have to put up with getting cucked by lenovorola.

I'm tearing up as I'm typing this on my X Pure while wearing my 360

I'm not looking to play games, I just want a phone with a good camera, and great functionality. I'm coming form a shitty Nokia windows phone, and I honestly don't know shit about phones

is moto g2 still reliable?

Miss my Droid 3. Still using my gen 1 Moto 360 though.

yeah, but it's a little slow.

I'm really bummed out that motorola betrayed me and went for the large phone factor for their most recent moto X.

I was really holding out for it being the size of the Nexus 5, but then I just went with the LG G4 for being superior (except for the unknown bootloop meme at the time.)

i still use my 4 yr old razr as main phone..

My moto X pure is god tier. Best decision I made in a while

Damn that was my phone in 2012. I upgraded from that piece of shit since everything was getting laggy. CM13 didn't help either. 1GB ram is shit.

Still on my MotoX 2013. Great phone, still working well. It's starting to get sluggish and I'm starting to regret the lack of storage.

Anyway, I'll never buy another Motorola phone due to their shitty behavior in regards to updates and promises. Their phones were decent, but they lost me as a customer.

OPO3 is looking great, especially for the price.

>Perfected the smartphone design with the Nexus 6
No they didnt, in fact it has some really big issues
>front speakers are protruding, getting caught on stuff
>rear nexus logo is literally shiny letters glued onto the back, which come off easily since the glue is shit
>top bezel is huge compared to the bottom bezel
>rounded rear makes it annoying to use on a flat surface
Its really good and my favorite smartphone that ive ever owned, but its far from perfect

I was using a droid razr m until November of last year and I upgraded to an x pure.
I love this phone, and the only complaint I have is that the screen is not AMOLED.

Motorola seems to be alive and kicking, dude:
nasdaq.com/symbol/msi

If you can get a 360 v2, do it. My only complaints about the v1 were occasional lag and battery life, which the v2 more than corrected. I honestly don't know what they could add in a v3 that I'd care about.

I had one and I regret selling it.

i'm still using a nexus 6 and im trying out the dev preview for android 7.0
anyone have some suggestions for a good rom? basically looking for something with a fast boot time, us cellular support for sure and something that's a bit easier on the ram

Posting from my moto X pure now. Easily one of the best phones I've ever owned. Why does everyone shit on Motorola? Is it because Lenovo owns them?

Check XDA.
My recommendation is to find a debloated stock rom of there is one. If not, try an AOSP based rom, and then after that try cm.

>fuck SD card support and modern features, we have CUSTOM BACK COVERRRRRSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

literally hipster: the phone

I'm honestly bored with my moto g2. Other phones (except samshit and iphone) at least have some style to it, moto phones feel like a walkman design wise. Sure it just werks, but man its a dull thing to own. I'll upgrade soon.

Like some anons said, the Moto X Pure is the best phone they've produced so far, i don't really know what i'll do once my moto x kicks the bucket, since now lenovo has driven motorola to the ground. I suppouse LG is the best android manufacturer for now

I do, just not the one from your pic

Moto maxx was literally perfect but I learned too late about it. Their other phones were garbage, including the dubmphone era.

Posting from my Motorola X Play right now, so no not really.

>flip phones are dead

I'll never stop being sad about this

Browsing this on my moto g2 rn senpai

mah nigg

Still rocking my 2013 Moto Cred Forums