Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro

Why havent you purchased one already?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/d2jav7UdQtE?t=113
android-hilfe.de/thema/howto-cm13-auf-xiaomi-redmi-note-3-pro-kate-band-20-installieren.795136/
pcworld.com/article/2039921/sticking-to-business-can-help-lenovo-smartphones-shine-in-the-u-s-.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

But I have.

I have Nexus 5.

Bought Xiaomi for my mother though. I have to say MIUI is complete garbage compared to what I have on my cyanogenmod.

post her feet

I-it was a trap question of course, you should have bought the mi5

[spoiler] with an x-armor case [/spoiler]

unlock the bootloader and install cm14 on it too

I would if I had to use it. She's okay with what she has.

no gorilla glass

Owned mine for 6 months without a screen protector and I haven't seen any scratches on it yet. Whatever they put on this screen is pretty decent. Gorilla Glass sounds like a meme buzzword to me at this point.

Because i got a Meizu MX5 instead

No thanks. I prefer a larger battery with a micro SD card slot

Riding my g4 until it dies

Probably not the thread to ask this in but

What phone do I get when I'm not on budget? Like the objevticely best phone regardless of price

Depends on your taste of operating system.
Android? Probably the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge or the upcoming Pixel, otherwise iPhone 7

>S6 edge
Whoops I meant the S7 edge

larger battery than 4050 mah?
Also you could have 2 SIM cards with an SD card slot using a trick.

Iphone 7 is the best phone at the moment but if you dont like the iOS get an s7 edge

i live in america
no warranty
english community full of pajeets and incompetent leeching euros

I'm satisfied with my Mi4

You could get one from gearbest with only 176$ Is the warranty really stopping you from buying an ultra cheap device with an snapdragon 650?

The Mi 5 has a 3000mAh battery and no micro SD card slot.

because they only sell these in china and india and I'm not a third worlder

Did you post a screenshot to show you have no scratches on your screen, or...

Oh got confused in which post you replied.
whoops

No, just to verify that I'm at least a owner of a phone that runs MiUI

theres nothing impressive about the 650 and for 176 i have a wide array of selections from the preowned market if i didnt care about warranty.

176 is nearing the 200 market which is full of superior previous gen s810 phones like the op2 and many other new budget phones.

there is simply no excuse to buy xiaomi if you live in america.

Because I like my phone more.

Because Xiaomi Mi4C

Has anyone here been able to flash CM into this with a Goodix fingerprint reader?

I hate MIUI, but I can't seem to find a ROM that is compatible with the Goodix fingerprint sensor.

A phone?
A piece of crap actually.

My phone's the best phone

The 650 doesn't overheat, is much more power efficient and performs better. The 4k mAh battery on the RMN3 gives you up to 9 hours SoT

Because I own a Xiaomeme Meme Max

How do you know what type of fingerprint sensor you have by the way?

why would you get a phone with an 810 its an overheating piece of shit that does worse than the 650 too

>cm14
It's still shitty though. I'd wait for a few months before installing.

but I have.

It's a pretty good meme. Also remember with any chink/international phone, do check the bands before buying

How are you enjoying cm13? I was thinking of flashing to it but may just wait till there's a stable port of cm14 (if there will be any) for the RMN3.

later versions of the s810 doesnt overheat either. the 650 is a shitty dual a72 core with 4 shitty smartwatch tier a53 cores. meanwhile the 810 is a true quad with 4 a57 with 4 of the same a53.

not that i would buy a s810 device. realistically for 176 i'd pick up a nexus 6 off swappa and pair it with ringplus.

it's official and right now everything works 100% out of the box for my variant (some newer rn3p have a different fingerprint sensor & camera which are not supported by official cm just yet.)
and it's alot faster as well, on MIUI shit takes a second here and there, also the DPI in MIUI is something like 480, but here I'm using 400 which is great for a 1080p display.
The battery life is exactly the same as I'd get in MIUI, I can probably get more if I'd use greenify but I dislike apps having to reload when opening them so I don't use greenify.
Overall I'd say if your going to flash CM13, flash it right now (go for nightlies since the snapshots are shit in terms of camera) since it's very stable with 0 issues.
And when CM14 becomes mainstram and they start building nightlies for it you can just OTA to it and bam, nougat.

these shitty dual a72 cores and 4 shitty smartwatch tier a53 cores perform better than the 810 in benchmarks though.

You can still get it for $160

Nice, thanks for the info.

Oh, right, that makes more sense.

a72 cores are just the same as a53 cores performance wise. you're basically saying a dual core performs better than a quad core at this point.

smartphone benches are unreliable because of resolution and software differences between devices. when it comes to real workload such as decoding weebshit on the processors the difference will begin to show. the dual core would struggle and the quad will be butter smooth.

Not the gray version though, it's 10-40$ more expensive depending on the shop.

Also, for anyone interested: I'll be getting my gray 32GB Chinese version from geekbuying early next week and will be able to confirm if it has Goodix FP reader or not.

>i had the redmi note 3 (idk whats the diff between pro or not pro) 3gb, 32gb version
>heats up when im using it for too long
>the screen got weird (flashing like someone's pressing it) after a few weeks of getting it
>got it fixed (might have been the screen protector) so i didnt put the screen protector on
>brought it home, it slipped outta my hand and i dented the corner
>put on the phone cover (the basic clear type)
>ended up dropping it on the road and cracked the screen (one short line diagonally)
>but after fixing it for the second time it doesnt heat up as much
>while traveling, rained and dipped it in a river
>screen doesnt function, tried to disassemble it myself
>did not have tools so i went to a phone shop, guy tried to fix it for me but doenst know wtf hes doing
>cracked it open (i knew he certainly destroyed something)
>screen fixed cus the water which was lodge in the part connected was dried
>sim doesnt work when im indoors (???), works when im out in the open (sometimes)
>brought it back to mi service centre, person said it's been in water and costs more than half the original price to fix it

should i buy another one of this or what?? it was decent the whole time i had it except how easily it breaks or did i just got a bad one

because i have redmi 2 pro and it's only a year old.

If you didn't know if you bought the MTK or Snapdragon 650 version I'd suggest sticking with western brands

I own one and worst purchase of my life
Power button doesn't work
Bottem volume button doesn't work
Apps crash constantly on miui 8
Boot looping

Great """"""""bargain""""""" guys

because i have a g4 and a z5.

what would u recommend? I like almost everything about it, price, size, camera (could be better) but my budget is around $300

werks on my phone :^)

I don't know how you are suppost to know for sure desu. However, newer models of the Redmi Note 3 Pro come with the Goodix sensor, and since I bought my device last month ago I can know for sure that it has a Goodix sensor.

No you can't. No one knows which stock has Goodix. Plenty of people have reported buying their phone very recently and getting the older fingerprint sensor.

Supposedly a good way to check (assuming you are using a MIUI rom) is to go to the camera app and try to take a photo by placing your finger on the fingerprint sensor. If it works, it's the older, well-supported sensor.

I already have a Huawei p8 which is a quality chinkphone, unlike redmeme garbage

kek
p8 sucks dick only p9 lite can rival the redmi note 3 pro and it still loses to it.

so my brother who was a neet for a while is now going back to work. Ive been looking at this phone and its seems like a good staring phone for him at the moment. However what service can this phone use anyways i think im going to get cricket for him. Also for a while now i remember the moto g was the flag ship for Cred Forums are they still making good phones or its dead now because of their specs.

Cause AliExpress doesn't fucking let me.
>First try: My fault, I didn't really noticed it wasn't the International version so I cancelled.
>Second try: Order closed because of 'security' reasons.
>Third try: Your bank doesn't allow to make this transaction.

I don't know what to fucking do.

Who's your seller?

Please do.

Sounds like your fault

>First try: My fault, I didn't really noticed it wasn't the International version so I cancelled.
Uh I'm pretty sure there's no difference between the international and china version besides a price mark up and seller malware ROM

botnet

get it from gearbest or geekbuying

I will. Once I fix this shit with my bank.
However a friend told me geekbuying isn't really trustworthy.

nexus 5x perhaps even the 6p although it'd be used.

with $300 you could get a mi5 it has a SD820 while being super cheap (invest in an x-armor case while you are at it, it CAN break)
youtu.be/d2jav7UdQtE?t=113

Just ordered the international version. Can I still flash CM13 Kenzo onto it? I can't find the "code" name for the International/taiwanese version.

but doesnt the case make it bulky again sigh
would you say mi5 has a better camera than rn3p? or similar?

It's definitely better and has image stabilization built in

yeah the Note 3 pro is the "Kenzo" although Note 3 (non-pro) codename is something else

I got it and it works with T-Mobile. I get better data speeds than my galaxy S5.

So there would be no problem in flashing CM13 for Kenzo onto my Note3Pro International Edition?

The taiwan version is kate

But I did user. Best meme I fell for so far (thinkpad was also pretty good tho.)

>cm14
I'll wait till an official build 2bh.

yesh

Thanks, I just found a tutorial on how to flash the Kenzo build onto the Kate model and install the module for band 20.

If anyone is curious

android-hilfe.de/thema/howto-cm13-auf-xiaomi-redmi-note-3-pro-kate-band-20-installieren.795136/

[in German]

When I get the phone I'll post the sensor brand in /spg/ and /csg/

This will either be in the next 2-3 days or in the next however-the-fuck many days, depending on whether or not it was stopped in customs.

I'm switching from Android to iPhone. Godspeed botnet bois

So it'll just OTA at some point?? No need to flash new firmware? Also will the nightly build add support for my front facing camera and fingerprint sensor at some point?

>not getting a thinkphone
pcworld.com/article/2039921/sticking-to-business-can-help-lenovo-smartphones-shine-in-the-u-s-.html

You're right. It's important to have the fastest snapdragon processors possible so you can do your epik hardcore mobile gaymin.

Sometimes I wish it had band 12 too but I know I should be thankful it comes with band 2 and 4 too.

The redmeme is the best smartphone I ever had. One of the few smartphones I could consider nearly perfect.

Actually, don't know if the app is confusing band 2 with 12 but this is what I get sometimes.

taiwan version is kate! KATE!

for those of you running miui, official or xiaomi.eu?

It has Dragontrail glass

is there a version of that pic with just the wojaks? it's fucking hilarious

Global Developer rom

(You)

Because no LTE band support in burgerland with my carrier

What Carrier?

>Why havent you purchased one already?
Because I'm still perfectly happy with my pineapple phone.

Jokes aside, Nokia's design division had to have been of freaking drugs. I really don't know how they ever managed to convince their management to finance visual catastrophes like this.

Nokia was such a fucking meme in anything but durability and build quality. Hardware design was ass. Software design was glorified ass.

t. I had this phone. everyone shilled the fuck out of it back then. It was a usability nightmare.

I'm on official MIUI 8 Global, does everything I need. Probably will switch to CM next year when my warranty runs out and things have gotten more stable

I just ordered on through dx with a screen protector, case and one of those watch thingies to go with it, 150 euros in total. If it breaks after a year I'll still be cheaper off than with a Nexus.

It seems there's few proper roms for it available though.

But I am, user

Haven't noticed a single problem with cm13 yet aside from fingerprint and front facing cam. Flies in comparison and no chink botnet. Recommend you do it

>aside from fingerprint and front facing cam
I really just don't want any unnecessary problems, and at the moment everything just werks

Just checked, mine is a Goodix... Shit

What case should I get for it?

Does it have a good AMP? Do using earphones sound good or shit tier?

Because no LTE band for my country

I've ordered a second one after the first one died after two weeks.

Sounds bretty gud. Just get viper4android to weak it.

Xiaomi.eu I quite like MIUI no bully

Nillkin Frosted Shield

I got the 6,44" version called Mi Max m8. It's one of the best phones I ever owned.

How water resistant is it?

My LG G2 is still rocking. Redmi Note 3 doesn't satisfy my requirements. And my requirements are simple - the phone has to be 2x times better than my current one. Such devices already exist and I have enough money for any of them, I'm waiting for the dev scene to mature.

I swim with mine all the time.

Good, because gorilla glass is a stupid meme that should die in a fire and all of the people involved should get a bullet in the back of the neck.

It isn't water proof but I did drop mine in a muddy puddle. Had to fix the audio jack with a q tip and a needle because dirt got in.

Why?

>pre-gorilla glass world
>glass on phones never, ever brakes even if you manhandle them
>post-gorilla glass world
>literally everyone has, or knows someone who has a gorilla glass phone with broken glass

>i prefer a phone that is 3 times more expensive but still lags like hell

Honestly if Samsung would bring out a nexus version of one of their flagship i would instantly buy one. But as long as they ship them with touchjizz im not touching them with a 10 foot pole.

>pineapple
>not this
Are you a poorfag or something?

Doesn't screen size have to do with it too? Personally I've never so much as dented a phone but I know some clumsy motherfuckers that drop their phone almost fucking daily and most of them have cracked screens.

I've dropped my s4 and s5 a few times but they always survived almost without a mark.

anyone using this phone having problems with Cerberus?

Does this phone still have sketchy/no LTE on AT&T for us amerifats?

Waiting for that Redmi 4.

Fuck this 5.5" meme.

It probably does, but the gorilla glass phones seem to be a lot more fragile. I have a nexus 5, I knocked it off my bed a couple of times and the screen cracked.

Hard floor or carpet? That's pretty shit either way desu. I wouldn't mind a bit of rubber on the sides instead of muh metal premium shit but that's what sells apparently.

There are different gorilla glasses. Some are shatter proof but the majority are scratch proof. These qualities are mutually exclusive. Some are neither, somehow. My previous phone(Xperia SP) got shattered AND shit ton of scratches, but my current phone(LG G2) got absolutely no cracks or scratches after two years of use. But maybe it's just the rubber case.

Wooden floor, but come on from that height it should be able to survive a fall onto megaman spikes.
Is there any way to check which phone has which?

>playing russian roulette instead of getting of getting a phone that is known to have 0 issues

Backdoors.

What does everyone think of MIUI?

So you don't use any kind of phone in existence then?

I think it's okay. Haven't felt an urge to flash anything else on the device after 4 months.

this is either bait or you're one of the few q10rs left. Upgrade to Passport. Even though BlackBerry has abandoned us.

Gorilla glass can't protect it when it falls hard enough at the wrong position.

Tempered glass screen protector, on the other hand, will absorb the impact and then you just replace it at minimal cost.

This doesn't really sound like the phones fault