Whatever happen to bitcoin mining Cred Forums?

Whatever happen to bitcoin mining Cred Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

spendbitcoins.com/
vvcbitcoin.com/
bitpay.com/visa/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

the hype died out

there's a bit of a spiritual successor in ethereum mining though, but don't get your hopes up for it to reach 2012-2013 levels.

it became too expensive and time consuming for the ordinary people

Mining gets harder as more bitcoins are mined and we've reached a point where you need ASIC to actually make profit. It won't really take a long time until mining gets so hard that you won't be able to make profit even with ASICs.

It's no longer any of our But more to the point, . To make any real money doing it, you have to have a professional setup. No not a high end pc, but a bank of pcs with chipsets setup for high yield mining.

>tfw you missed the bitcoin train

ASIC miners took all the fun/profit out of hobby mining. Nowadays you need a massive investment to make any profit.

Damn, what a shame. So what I suppose with these. I have 9 of them but luckily I got them for free. I could make a stream about overheating them to the point where they burst into flames.

Can't buy anything with them

Sell them they are still worth about 100-200 $ each depending on their hash rate.

butterfly labs

why is that though ? cryptocurrency is a great idea, maybe you can't mine more but it's alright if you could use it.

I bet some day some nerd will accidentally start a trend that happens to only work with those old USB miners.

Then the people who missed the bitcoin train but still bought those miners (too late) and then years later threw the miners in the bin years have ANOTHER reason to end it all because they missed a new trend and threw the key to it away.

Bitcoin mining gets harder for every coin mined.
It was made popular by people using bots to mine massive amounts of coins, but then it leveled out because so many coins were mined.
The reason they did it was to make money from it, but since you cant make any money from it now, nobody cares.
Calling bitcoin mining a hobby, is like calling panning a creek for gold a hobby. Sure some people do it, but they are just desperate autistic.

Essentially the well run dry and everyone moved on.

The fact that bitcoin prices didn't drop with the death of mining is rather interesting though. I assumed that the decline in bitcoin popularity would have come sooner. Its surviving because of its silk road / tor appeal for muh anonymity, but soon rather than later they will find a way to make it insecure.

China

ASIC mining happened. Then industrial scale ASIC mining happened.

What can't you buy?

Fill a fucking has tank with bit coin.

By some groceries with it motherfucker.

Make a house payment in bitcoin...go ahead and try it. I'll wait.

I tell ya what...go to an amusement park and get a bit coin funnel cake. Tell me how that works out.

Renew your car's tags with bitcoin.

Like I said. Bitcoin is FUCKING WORTHLESS.

spendbitcoins.com/
kys

Cmon I'm waiting. Which gas station takes bitcoin?

Which grocery store accepts it?

If your friend needs a few bucks do ya loan him some bitcoin?

Oh look...online ordering...shocker...so if you need something NOW you're fucked

>Oh look...my previous argument that Bc is FUCKING WORTHLESS got BTFO
>Wat wil i do?
>Hurr hurr

>Oh I know, I'll make up a new argument and sell it like I was never ever wrong haha!

Have few Antminers S1 and even with free electricity at work it's not worth it anymore.

Has anyone tried one of those:
vvcbitcoin.com/
bitpay.com/visa/

?

I asked you to fill a gas tank and buy groceries bitch. Deliver or stfu

The FBI and other agencies are active in trying to neutralize use and support of Bitcoins and cryptocurrencies. Things didn't just not happen, things were 'made to happen' in secret operations to stop Bitcoins from threatening the US dollar.

Even if it's likely to be true, do you have sauce for this?

i believe i saw a thread about this on /x/ once

Literally exactly the same as investing in foreign currencies.
Ie you need to exchange them before you can use them in a given place.

Hardly makes them worthless

been planing on getting paid from mobile ads on bitcoin.

is this a good idea?

I have a 2500K/560ti meme machine from like 5 years ago

I just moved into a place with free electricity and there's an authorized mac repair business downstairs I can blame shit on. I can leave my PC on all day while i'm at school/sleeping, is there anything I can do to make a buck or two? Is there a linux version I can dualboot into that will mine better?

Except for I can buy gas in Europe with a Euro. I can buy groceries in Japan with yen.

I can buy dinner in the United States with dollars.

What country accepts bitcoin a for all transactions? Stop moving the damn goalposts.

Either it's a useable form of currency or its not. Stop cherry picking bullshit.

Come on people. If bitcoin is a useable and completely valid for of currency then do the following:

Put gas in your car and buy groceries.
Lend your friend a small amount of cash
Make your house payment (pay those bills buddy)
Pay your taxes.
And buy something at an amusement park (your money is valid and spends the same right? Why would a carny give a shit if it's spendable like real money right?)

And don't compare it to a foreign currency...because you can spend a foreign currency in its home nation.

Any country...I'll wait. But if this is a real currency then PROVE IT. Do simple things with it. Buy day to day stuff (has and groceries) pay your bills and do some pleasure spending. Lend your buddy a couple of bucks.

If it's money then you can do this no problem. SO DO IT!

See

Bitcoin Products matching "gasoline"
Sorry, there are no products yet for your search.
epic

scam

I knew they were behind this!

That is not accomplishing ANY of the things requested! Stop moving the goal posts.

Go put gas in your car and buy groceries. Stop running around the situation and just do it. Any country you like but DO IT.

Your friend needs cash...lend your buddy a five mate! DO IT! You got real money don't you?

>Bitpay
>Visa
You can buy anything as long as Visa is accepted.

How is your shitty paper real money? Your money is at best a number in a bank account. Bitcoin cryptography is mathematically valuable.

Don't tell me about your online store bullshit when you take your date to the amusement park! Buy your love interest a funnel cake or a corn dog! A bottle of water...ANYTHING AT ALL will suffice.

I mean your have REAL valid currency right? Any country you can do this.in counts! So c'mon buddy buy your date something with your completely 100 percent valid and real currency.

Do it user. It's not complicated.

Because it's for rich fags and collectivists, there is no way for the average user to make much money, most people don't even know how to set it up and very few places accept it as a currency, you'll be lucky to even replace the cost of it's power usage let alone your video card that you destroyed in the process.

Then fill up your gas tank and go to work and earn some more of your valid currency bitch.

peak bitcoin.

Why the hating? Do you live in some shithole that doesn't accept Visa for your shitty fuel?

Hue I get it you're autistic. :|

Your situation is bad but you shouldn't give up. Don't kill yourself. Your life may be miserable but it's only temporary. Everything will be fine.

Its only as valuable as the stuff it can buy

More dodging. C'mon we're having a reasonable discussion here. Add something relevant or just admit you have no point.

But hey if you had a point you would have made one right?

2nd my dollars work great when I buy gas :). How's the local seven eleven doing with your bitcoin friend?

tell that to the motherfuckers that are making thousands o'dollah a day with ransomware.

If those poeple thought they could not exchange bitcoins for services or real money, why would they use it?

Thats a real life, as we speak use for bitcoin.

Your example is lacking and heavily biased to say the least.

Hey poorfag, are you baiting me or can't you read english?
Bitcoin Visa works everywhere.

This.

Currency is not what counts but rather what currency can afford you.

pls answer this.

should I get paid in bitcoin from mobile ads?

No it's not. Just buy some regular every day stuff. This IS NOT UNREASONABLE. Lend your friend a few bucks...totally reasonable (unless your friends a mooching d-bag). Take a gal out on a date...normal stuff...not UNREASONABLE.

Pay your bills...not paying them is UNREASONABLE. Paying them is responsible.

Lets use your currency for the normal things one uses currency for. Completely REASONABLE.

Actually, and i feel like a fucking retard about it.

I started going to the niggernet when bitcoins were 20 cents/each, i didnt get any because i thought it was a stupid idea.
Years later i realized id have been rich.

Also your example is criminal activity?

user...seriously...you can't get a sammich but you can screw someone online? What are you trying to convince me off here?

>tfw you could be a millionaire right now if you bought even a small handful of coins back in the day

>Believing /x/ on anything

I had a 14Ghash setup for awhile (bitcoin, 14Mhash scrypt).

I sold what I made every day. I never saved anything.

I earned $15,000 in about a year or so. That was about it.

ASICs came along and killed the fun so I sold my hardware. Glad I don't have to think about it anymore.

Well it's been hours...and I'm giving it up.

From now on until someone can make this work as a currency, whenever bitcoin is brought up on Cred Forums state the following:

BUY ME A GALLON OF GAS AND A SAMMICH!

I guess I'll go and bitch about gpu's now...or whatever else the rest of g is up too. Or I would if buttcoin miners weren't busy fucking up the gpu market too...there is no winning...

Yeah as an investment it's been amazing...just not as a currency. Maybe that will get better with time. Honestly I'd be happy if it screwed the banks a bit.

You might as well be solving blockchain problems on paper with that useless thing lol.

People have created specialized integrated circuits to mine bitcoin, and even now they can't keep up almost.

What the heck m8

Do you use windows too?

Bitcoin is an investment at this point. In the future it could well replace fiat currencies.

Pretty sure you can send bitcoin via exchanges such as coinbase.

It became impossible to make a profit without ASIC. Blocks now take so long to mine, you lose like 10x as much as you make with a home rig.

Can you fill your gas tank or order groceries on Amazon? Is Amazon worthless because you can't?

No but I can with the currency I spend at Amazon.

Calling bitcoin a service is not an issue. Calling it a currency...not really true at this time.

You just went full-retard. The only way you could make a profit with the old miners is if a totally new currency catches on as no new blocks will ever be added, thus making profit impossible on old miners.

>tl;dr You do not know how bitcoins work

proof?

By your logic, PayPal is useless. Since it's not, you are full of shit.

You said it was useless because you can't buy things. That's not true. Then you changed the argument, saying bit coin is useless because you can't buy certain things. That's not a sound argument, because the same applies to amazon, paypal, etc., and those are certainly not considered useless. So you changed your argument into "it's a service, not a currency." You know what, why don't you just go fuck yourself if all you want to do is argue, you belligerent retard?

It's a mechanic of how bitcoin block chains work. A literal "Peak Bitcoin" moment.

For every bitcoin mined, the next is harder, and so on and so forth.

Eventually you reach a point where the time and power required to mine a coin is higher than the value of the coin.

>Merchants

This word has been ruined for me

>Except for I can buy gas in Europe with a Euro. I can buy groceries in Japan with yen.

So you can use those currencies in specific places they are accepted? Nice, sounds exactly like Bitcoin.

Now wander into your local USA based Walmart and try to pay in Turkey Lira. Now when you're denied, do you now claim Lira isn't a real currency?

So, for you, if you cant use a cryptocurrency in a "REASONABLE" way, they are worthless?

Man, first, drop the CAPITALS, it only suggest that you are DESPERATE.

Second, You can buy bitcoin, sell bitcoins, exchange bitcoins, get services with bitcoins, get fucked and have to pay in bitcoins, etc etc. It seems to me that being used on economical activities, illegal or not, is enough for the cryptocurrencies to be catalogued as a currency.
My point is, criminal activity use is a validator (not the only one of course) of the cryptocurrency's usefulness.

everything is OK in China.

Why so butthurt?

I can't pay for groceries with paypal either.

You can do that on a lot of places in the US

the chinks happened

Pretty much this, that's also the reason why the Bitcoin network has become slow shit
>is there anything I can do to make a buck or two? Is there a linux version I can dualboot into that will mine better?
You can mine the latest alternative memecoin
The problems with doing that is that you need to know what's the current meme, you need to sell before the bubble bursts and you need to figure out the shit software they make, usually not worth it specially with a shitty Nvidia card
You would be better off running folding@home or BOINC and helping researchers, or Gridcoin if you still want to make money but that's still a dead memecoin

I got 100 when they weren't worth anything
Sold them a few years back and got rich

The same thing can be said about gold.

They're called buttcoins you fucking retards.

Could we just make another form of currency everytime it gets too popular?

Wouldn't we get rich from it over and over again?