Video Editors Thread

RIP "Sony" Vegas Edition

cinema5d.com/magix-has-acquired-sony-vegas/

I've used Magix editing software, and it's complete ass, I really hope Vegas doesn't turn into some lame consumer video editing app.

But let's discuss non linear video editing apps.

>Using any NLE other than Premiere Pro
>Using any other combo than PP, AE, AU and C4D

why.mxf

Vegas is still awesome even though it's been the same for years, at least for my needs.

test something

add any webm to shotcut

add video filter crop to cut some part of the bottom or top of the video

see if the exported video is choppy

it would work fine if the video is cropped before importing to shotcut

Avid user here.
Cute post, kid.

>using anything but FCP

>C4D
>AE
Can you make me a sick intro for my montage?

vegas has been 'some lame consumer video editing app' for the longest time, magix video pro is actually really solid software and vegas will profit a lot from this and might turn out actually good

>using imovie pro

good night sweet prince

>vegas has been 'some lame consumer video editing app' for the longest time
That's why I like it so much, you can make a dank cod gameplay vid easily, but you can also do multicam editing with it, it's basically the iMovie 06 of PC editors.

vegas has ALWAYS been garbage, and so has magix.

Ive been using vegas pro for my whole life
family photos n shit
memes

is premier pro really good?

DaVinci Resolve is better anyway...

yes

editing in it is still really shitty in comparison and it's resource hungry as fuck
the exact same 6 camera prores coded footage that multicam previews real time in premiere is like 3 fps in resolve, unoptimized shit
use it for color grading, but nothing more

I want to learn it but it's so expensive T_T

Is there anything Premiere CC has over the old CS6 before they went to cloudshit?

new stuff that comes to my mind is mostly performance optimization, some more of the retiming functions from after effects and also the well hyped morph cut transitions

>I really hope Vegas doesn't turn into some lame consumer video editing app.
But that's what Vegas is. I work in the industry and everyone I know uses Premiere or Final Cut Pro for cuts (AE for grading/composit)

Well that's very meh, I only have a 1080 avchd Panasonic camcorder and an old but still awesome Canon HV40 HDV, and use crossfades in my videos, I'll just stick with what works until I get new equipment.

AE+FCPX+Blender master race

i like the addition of auto motion tracking for masks. mahnually doing it was a pain.

Blender is the best for linux, and a good option in general. Only problem is that you have to learn the interface, becouse it's the most unintinitive software on existence at first.