PSU HELP

I have a prebuilt PC with a 300W PSU.
Can i put an RX 460 on it?

Pic related.

idk

No.
You're going to have to replace the PSU.

Go to a local PC hardware shop they will help you better then anyone online you dingus.

Also you need to be +18 to post here.

You need like a million watt to power an amd XD

Im 87 years old, boy

>RX 460

Make sure you dont have a integrated gfx card.

I use the integrated graphics of the a10 7850k, but i want a gpu for better performance.

Oh okay just saying because back in the day when i had a dell. I couldnt upgrade the gfx card for the reason that it had a pentium 4 and integrated gfx

You need to count the number of electrons coming out of the PSU and then make sure its enough for the amount of electrons required for the GPU to slurp up.

Electrons are really small so you may have to get your eyes very close to count them

Wait for the 1050 next month

>Go to a local PC hardware shop they will help you better then anyone online
I dont know where the fuck you live, but not in my city. The pc shops here are run by incompetent fools that will flat out lie about stuff, and then try to trick people into buying more repairs than they actually need then charge 3x what the job SHOULD have cost.

>tfw I know 90 year olds over the internet and Im not sure if your joking or not

>1050
wtf I thought it was a 1080 titan..
I dont into videocards but am getting ready to get one.
Isnt the higher number the better? is the 1050 pleb tier? Isn't that titan thing suppose to be the good version?

rx460 is a 120w card
So no.

The GTX 1050 is lower end but might be better than the RX 460, so we're waiting to see the results.
The Ti version is always better, see 980 vs 980 Ti, 780 vs 780 Ti... the Ti version is just a step down from that generation's Titan.
780 Ti from Titan, 980 Ti from Titan X, and we're assuming the 1080 Ti from Titan X (Pascal)

ok, so just so I understand in order of shit to good it goes:
1060 > 1060 ti > 1060 titan
1070 > 1070 ti > 1070 titan
1080 > 1080 ti > 1080 titan

there isn't a titan version of a card, the titan is a card on its own. and usually, there aren't ti versions of every card. here's what it'll usually look like, from slowest to fastest:
1050 > 1050 Ti > 1060 > 1070 > 1080 > 1080 Ti > Titan XP

There might be a 1060 Ti, there might not be a 1080 Ti... the Ti versions are usually designed to compete with AMD's offerings.

hmm, ok thanks for the linup. Ive got research to do apparently.

>I have a prebuilt PSU
>can I use it
no

This is a Delta PSU, they make relatively good PSUs for prebuilts.

You can with this one. Typical gaming power usage is 80-90W. The problem is probably a PCI-e connector if you want an aftermarket card.

can you share a pic of the mobo?

short story no
long story most prebuilts cheap out in the PSU department they get just enough for the computer with maybe 10 -20 watts of breathing room assuming RX 460 uses more power than whats in ur computer alreadly you cant.
But also dont upgrade a prebuilt you'll get more problems as if you built it yourself

>But also dont upgrade a prebuilt you'll get more problems as if you built it yourself
This. I have personal experience upgrading prebuilt/market PC:s and on the long run it costs more and upgradeability is limited because of PSU and prebuilts also tend to be more cramped on the inside.

For example my brother bought a GT 740 for a prebuilt and I had to hammer and chizel the bottom plate of the chassis so it could fit in it.

Delta is a contractor, they'll make whatever you tell them to make, although even the "shit", built to cost parts are usually miles ahead of anything else. If it comes in a server or workstation though, you literally cannot get a better power supply than a Delta.