Hello Cred Forums

Hello Cred Forums

Is it worth spending some money to make this a useable machine?

Is buying an ssd, a new battery and a 1x2GB ram kit worth it for this machine?

It's an MSI Wind U100

>dumping almost 3x more than the actual machine is worth to feel powerful
>arch linux meme

If you like it, I don't see why not. I am using a T60 with marginally better specs than that laptop and I bought some additional ram to reach 3GB.

>arch linux meme
>"I use Debian/Ubuntu because muh stability :^)"

More like CentOS because I'm not a faggot and I like my shit coming directly from the upstream.

Post the laptop name and model, please, op. I want to that laptop out for myself.

It's in the OP you fucking retard.

Relax?

It's never worth it, but I've done this
to old computers I had sentimental attachment to.

Relax is not a question. Can you even read?

Old Intel Atoms are too slow for any serious use nowadays. Don't waste your money.

Calm down already Mr Sensitive

>any serious use
That is highly subjective. With the specs in the OP post, Lubuntu, Arch, Gentoo would run perfectly fine on that machine. It would definitely be a comfy shitposting device for Cred Forums.

Just buy a new you retard, they're cheap as fuck now anyway

>blowing money on an SSD just to shitpost on Cred Forums

get a load of this kid

You mean like $40? I'm not European, so that really isn't a lot to me and there is literally nothing wrong with spending money to increase the performance capabilities of a computer that you enjoy using. Are you some kind of normie?

40usd, what the fuck?
60gb SSD?
Just get a new machine, why are you even considering using that piece of shit?
500usd and you're golden

>just spend more money for the storage and specs you don't really need
normies gtfo

1.5Ghz isn't bad. Personally I don't see the point of putting an SSD in there, but a nice extended battery and 2GB RAM will make that one punchy little son of a bitch. I say go for it but an SSD would be a waste when it has a perfectly good HDD in there already.

2 gigs?

Get 4 or 8 if it's a DDR3 machine.

Only Windows has a limitation of 3 gigs in 32-bit mode. Linux handles 64 gigs.

OP here, I actually have 5 of these, couple of em have not-so-good batteries, 1 simply doesn't work and 2 of em seemed to be fine. Pic related has a newer wifi card in it and a hdd from an old laptop.

I'm not planning to use it as a main laptop (got a ux305 for that), that's why I'm considering trying to sell em and maybe buy a thinkpad.

Spending money on that seems to be a better idea than spending it on an ssd for this thing.

The N270 is a 32-bit cpu so more than 2GB wont work, my plan was to turn off the onboard memory and buy faster ddr2 ram for the minimal performance increase :^)

Get an X220

No. Those old atoms are absolutely terrible. Time to dump and run.