/BST/ Battlestations Thread

Last one is at 300, leggo

Other urls found in this thread:

ncix.com/detail/asus-rog-swift-pg348q-34in-93-128253.htm
amazon.com/Rip-Tie-C-04-005-BK-Rip-Tie-CableCatch/dp/B000P6FPBI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1474787844&sr=8-1&keywords=rip tie cablecatch
amazon.com/VELCRO-Brand-Sticky-Strips-Black/dp/B000TGSPV6/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1474787887&sr=8-4&keywords=adhesive velcro
amazon.com/Attmu-Microfiber-6-Inch-Reusable-Fastening/dp/B00O9VKVFK/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1474787964&sr=8-3&keywords=velcro cable wrap
stores.ebay.com/chinatobby/category485979119-/_i.html?_fsub=485979119&_sid=1070328859&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I think you should flip your CPU cooler around. The fan looks backwards. Very nice overall, though.

Awesome presentation of limited space. Cool monolithic speakers. 10/10 presentation, 7/10 actual space and components

Nice fans, nice desk. Big fan of the dual AIO coolers.

It is backwards but my temps never get above 50 degrees celsius so I'm not complaining

More fag socks in the post

>Thermaltake Core series case
>Thermaltake Riing fans
>Corsair Hydro series CPU and GPU cooling
>Avexir RAM sticks

Shit dude, you literally have the same shit I want to have for my next rig!

Where the fuck does the power/internet come from?

Get rid of your HTC shit or get a real digital camera.

ASUS ROG Swift PG348Q 34IN G-SYNC UltraWide IPS Curved LED Monitor 3440X1440 5ms.

Got a week ago. Moved once to take picture.

I still can't get over your Essence STX One vs. those shitty speakers but whatever. What does your girlfriend have to say about the disturbing amount of children's toys you have on those shelves and under your table? I can see the ages 3 and up / 14 and up badges...

faggots

>user mask
>monster energy
>ornamental blade that looks dumb as shit
>a pc that looks like sheer shit

10/10 m8 well dun

im bored as fuck

same here

Meh, too much shitty random brands and mostly outdated or cheap tech. TV seems oddly placed at the corner like that. The desk seems very spacious though and you got loads of legroom so that's nice. Mouse is also ok.

Looks like something you would find in an Ikea showroom. Not sure if that's a good thing but it looks very clean.

The Razer and ROG branding is quite cringy but strangely enough the futuristic style of the monitor works with the transformers toys and Cred Forums shit you got lying around. Still not something I would buy though.

Ducky mini is so fucking bright. Would raid with this setup though, very nice.

>outdated or cheap tech
Is that a bad thing?

>this much obsession over fictitious content
Is this a set for 40 year old virgin 2?

updated picture.

please rate with 5 stars, like, comment and sub4sub.

"GAME ON" EDITION

GF is okay with my stuff mostly. I know those speakers suck, they are a source of family shame.

that a pstriple?
what games ye got?

What are those speakers?

Can I rate with C for cancer instead? You'd have gotten an A for autism if picture 1 wasn't such a fucking mess.

>Inwin D frame
How do you like your overpriced, zero dust protection, construction site themed casing with gross welding stitches everybody would instantly fail their final qualification doing at the end of their welder course at 17?

nice fake

what do you mean, cancer?

From the picture I read Sony U55 which Google told me are vintage speakers.

simple station here

why is stuff so boring
kbt pure pro not a ducky mini
but ya its pretty bright
fake?
the fuck you talkin about

RATE SENPAI!

>shit desktop
>the entirety of the bed setup
everything else is nice, not the same guy btw

>why is stuff so boring
Because I can only afford nice things (or really anything besides merely persevering) since may. That only got me far enough to fanboy about marvel with funko shit figures (nothing else is imported to this country as collectibles go), and to buy Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro cans, and that 34" ultra-widescreen...

Thanks.

now i ll post my bs on every thread :^)

sauce me on that mousepad picture.

Next time they tell me my screen is too high up on the wall I kindly tell them to shut the fuck up, and refer them to your picture.

(this is me )

It's not my main screen, you only have one and it's pretty high. )I don't even have the TV connected to anything)

It really isn't that high either, it's just the angle.

>shit desktop
give me a link to buy a better one
>bed setup
have you tried having a bed setup before?
am on a waitinglist to move out of me mom's house.
you can just call me, bed-chan, since only one with a bed setup it seems.

Was at a wedding and missed the last thread.

i cant find :(
its a mousepad of the game called granblue fantasy

Soup?
Who /podcast/ here?

haven't posted in the last couple of threads.

what's your podcast about?

Just mediocre videos desu

we have the same headphone
akg 712 master race

They're pretty solid headphones, i enjoy them the most for my daily computer use. Good for classical music and anime.

Neat speakers.
Still gay.
I went for a ride today senpai was fun.
I dont feel like people enjoy random projects or Id be talking shit on the socials.

What desk do you have?

Forgot to r8

>All black
Looks decent, but cramped

Despite the memes, I like the green leds

>dat cable management. Unf

Standard gaming rig /10

Minimalist memer/ 10

Nice M7

Lose the Razer gear, and it's 9/10 for the figures

(you)

Multiple monitors a battlestation do not make

New pic when?

>those kleenex at the ready
:^)

Nice. I like it.
You filthy weeb, you.

Wew lad

Oddly comfy and nostalgic

Kek

Not bad, considering your budget. Save some cash and it'll be gr8

Nothing wrong, here

11/10

Nice /guts/

Cred Forums related. Thinking of starting a tech cast, but I know alot more about vidya, and I feel like I'd eventually stumble and look like a fool, at some point

Iktf bro

Depends. What kind of random projects?

>tfw roastanon didn't roast you last thread

Love your setup lad. Comfy as fuck.

11/10
thx this is my very first time i receive a positive rating
usualy fa/g/ots say
hurr durr aesthetic
hurr durr minimalism

Currently trying to collaborate with a nigga here to build a custom keyboard. But mostly odd stuff that sparks my interest like wood working , tech, and motorcycles. I used to help a buddy with his tech channel too.

At first I was memeing, but aside from the weeb material, is actually a nice setup, kek

w e o w
e
o
w

Contrary to popular belief, that's exactly what's supposed to be on Cred Forums
(and partially /diy/)

Still waiting on sub amp to be delivered...

This is hell.

Postegn guts

Ayy, the backlight bandit.
How's it hanging, mayne? You ever decide if going to leave the late 80s?

Looking good
Yup just seems weird to use Cred Forums as a blog for diy but who knows. Might try my hand at custom cases and stuff. The channel is very popular now and im glad hes able to manage it himself now.

Pls b-be gentle

Are you aware your waifu is a dog?

There have been some additions since my last posting.

Still no speakers though.

>New pic when?
This is the new one of

sugoi

How the fuck do you know my budget?

>>those kleenex at the ready
>every fucking time

That's it. I'll blow my nose in my shirt, clean thermal grease with my spit, and wipe fingerprints off my DIY metal puzzles with my cat's fur.

I don't think I can top this.

Every time I see that desktop picture I always initially think it's a penis.

Normally I would be outraged, but I just can't stop laughing at this. That's it, no more beer for me today.

that right monitor not being next to the rest probably pisses me off more than anything else in the image

Thinking of swapping my 2 monitors for 1 ultra wide? good idea?

Depends on what you use your second monitor for right now. Some need an actually separate screen area, some don't.

2nd monitor is for temp monitor and reading shit on Cred Forums while watching a movie.

I would only suggest it if you are space constrained. One ultrawide doesn't give you as much usable space as two monitors, it's more like a 1.5 (more like a 1.3 but you adapt a bit) and if you game quite a few games use 16:9 effects which can result in some odd shit.

I am btw. I used to use dual monitors back in my home country so I have some experience with both setups. I would still prefer dual monitors but considering my current situation I love having this ultrawide (I wouldn't mind adding my old 23" Dell Ultrasharp if I could. I suppose I could ship it over without the base to save weight and get another VESA mount).

Look for ultra-wide monitors with PBP mode, that way you can have pictures side by side coming from two different sources... if that's what you meant by temp monitor, not sure.

As for "watching a movie and reading shit on Cred Forums", you need two monitors for that, yea. I don't really miss this type of "multitasking" but in turn enjoy movies that fill the entire screen (no black bars top and bottom).

I only wanted an ultra wide so that movies and forza horizon 3, bf1 etc look awesome. TN 1200p 30" monitor is real ugly now.

Well, as user above me said, weird shit can happen in games that do not support it. It's annoying as fuck to see 16:9 cutscenes even in those games that do.

Also if you are buying anything above 28", get a curved monitor. I have a 34" flat screen, and I wish I'd have bought a curved one, because it appears slightly convex.

Looking quite comfy.
Its like a fourty year old normal person found how adorable ponys are.
such a qt plant.

> 7506's
Good pair of cans.

can i get some (you)s

No

Yeah thanks, I'll think about what I really need instead of want.

they look better on your feet than on your desk.

It's not bad but that keyboard man, it has to go.

Idk about that.

Thanks senpai, I have a pair of HD 598s, too

Nice case bro

How do i deal with cable management?

Sup breh.
Im in bed after a long day of inhaling solder smoke, plastic smoke, cleaning chemical fumes and i cant feel half of my fingertips.

You?

Also, I'll leave the 80s when I get a new apartment.

look how warm and happy they are.

Get some cable wrap.

They are comfy when its cold.

You're welcome. Just remember, don't try to imitate someone else, "do you", because it's ultimately you who'll be using that computer. Don't fall for memes. I still can't see the reason behind using bookshelf speakers for computers for example, and I have those in my living room.

Never been into cameras but thinking I should get a decent one to maybe get not so potato quality pics.

This one turned out to be fine. To improve visibility, you could always use IrfanView as your image viewer, the toolset of that program is just unbelievable. You can effortlessly edit any image in it to improve hue/saturation/gamma/brightness/RGB.

is that a flight simulator?

also mouse in left side? wtf. are you used to it?

I want to lick your feet

Good picture to me. Just work on lighting and angles haha.
Cred Forums and feet I just dont know. Thats nice to know I guess.

Yeah, good suggestion. I haven't installed PS on here yet sine I did my rebuild. But IrfanView is a good alt till I do. Thanks for the input man.

It does serve as that as well as for driving sims. I recently just finished modding the chair for VR sim use but certainly works just as well in non VR crap of course.

Yeah, I am a lefty man, so it kinda needs to be over there.

Will do, thanks man.

I'm jealous. Old tech, in Japan, fuark

No problem awesome set up.

I use both PS and IrfanView. For some things IrfanView offers the same result with less time wasted on needlessly clicking shit, like when you want to save a fukken jpg, and it doesn't let you, because PSD is the default.

that was someone else,
octocutie. just saying~

Well I got it installed and am messing with it to see what kind of results I can get. Certainly better than just default that I was using. Maybe get some tweaks that will pay off.

Install the plugins too. They extend its capabilities even further. Nowadays, the only time I use PS instead is when I need the magic wand or the content-aware fill tools and the high pass filter. For everything else IrfanView is just more straightforward.

I know bb qt plant should be with keyboard c:

I'll do it next time I go to the beach. Itll be glorious

Adorable and glorious senpai.

Can I repost my station? I feel like posting it again it will do nothing to the thread but I want to know anons opinion.

PS: Captha stop rudolphs

absolutely triggering

I think you can do whatever the fuck you want man. Got another pic, post it, why not.

Thank you my friend

Shit dude, you've got awful taste.

The thing that really triggers my autism is that the track pad and keyboard are slightly different shades of disgusting grey plastic.

Just a pic of the guts but whatever

Hello Everynyan! How Are You?!

7/10 Rather clean but needs more space.

7/10 Cool gear and all but not usable for most tasks

8/10. Clean. Functional. Not much to say except that its a little boring.

7/10 Clean and good looking. Put that case on the floor. Peripherals don't look very ergonomic. Better speakers would be cool.

4/10 mismatched monitors, case on desk uneven desk, no space for work on the corner desk, shitty view angles.

>baby metal
heh

you're eh

what ,you don't like my opinion?

I don't

go ask your dad for some breast milk, you baby.

>not usable for most tasks.
Such as?

This is a battletainment station primarily. I am not some kid in school needing a place to do homework at or eat at in his bedroom. I also wfh fulltime and it works perfectly for that too. Comfortable all day.So so far haven't been hampered with any usability issues. What exactly do you do at a computer desk normally?

are you mad?

whatever shit you wanna improvise on it you cant.

>are you mad?

hi Danny

>5ms

Your monitor is not 200hz. Stop lying.

Just took this

Recommend me a good chair you fucking faggots.
Also, check em

This.

Bump.

Fuck off, this image gets reposted on just about every board.

Go back to /s/ and keep posting shit like "wife" or "gf" next to crap image you upload from your pic folders.

What do you think of that ASUS Z170 Sabertooth? I'm considering a corei7 6700k combo with it.

Its great seems to be doing better than other asus boards in the platform. Plus its the bets looking c:

Is the audio quality what their marketing pitch hypes it up to be?

They're aluminum you shit.

Used it for a while and was impressed.

Makes no difference to the fact they are different colors.

To the roaster from last thread; thanks!

There are clearly two white cords going towards the wall from the leg.

My problem with the setup is that there is just too much fucking cable for it to look neat. It's much better than if they were all loose but they're still too fat.

tfw spotify wont work on my computer...

Love the speakers keyboard and mousepad. I do love my emotiva speakers though.

more good speakers, nice monitor setup also. triple 1080 or 1440?

more close up pics senpai, what are those tiny displays? more light? looks like a 10/10 gaming setup

Just took this, added 2nd monitor today. any suggestions? light is usually folded in except when reading.

I never said it was 200hz. It's OC'd too 100Hz
I just copy/paste from
ncix.com/detail/asus-rog-swift-pg348q-34in-93-128253.htm

the lighting from the shades is almost symmetrical. love it

What do you do?

He makes crystal meth.

This is extremely comfy.

Mine.

Chair needs replaced and some minor cable tidying done.

Comfy view.

This is extra comfy.

>poker 3

my nigga

Thanks man. Here you go. Not sure what else you want to see. lcd's are 7inch. Waiting for a gooseneck for a 3rd up top. I change my lights frequently, have 4 or 5 colors I cycle through.

Other than some de-cluttering, can't suggest much. Looks like it is coming together nicely.

clean your pc for fuck's sake

Is that a Model M? What variation?

Is that a fucking Pixel 2 or a Macbook Pro?

nice knife, faggot. care to show us your sword collection next?

>no room for numpad but plenty of room for knick knacks

Jesus Christ wash your walls or paint them or something fuck

I don't know how to feel about your desk. I mostly hate it but a tiny part of me likes it at the same time. Is it actually level? Is that sawhorse miraculously the same height as those drawers?

>windowed case
>noctua poo fans

Why do people do this? The poo fans are great fans yes, but since they are so ugly you should only use them in a non windowed case. Why buy a window if you don't care about aesthetics?

Or Use the LTT Noctua fans.

Frame your fucking posters, you degenerate.

buy these

amazon.com/Rip-Tie-C-04-005-BK-Rip-Tie-CableCatch/dp/B000P6FPBI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1474787844&sr=8-1&keywords=rip tie cablecatch

amazon.com/VELCRO-Brand-Sticky-Strips-Black/dp/B000TGSPV6/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1474787887&sr=8-4&keywords=adhesive velcro

amazon.com/Attmu-Microfiber-6-Inch-Reusable-Fastening/dp/B00O9VKVFK/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1474787964&sr=8-3&keywords=velcro cable wrap

Use sticky velcro strips to attach a power strip underneath your desk. Use non sticky velcro wraps to go up desk legs, and then use sticky cable catches to keep excess cable neatly under desk.

Pic related, mine

lol whoops, lets try that again.

Pic related for sure this time

This time maybe right side up?

What the fuck ever you get what I'm saying. I need sleep

hello

Shit man that's annoying
Cheers bud!
Loving the case!

>ho boy what a nice glass of water
>sets glass down in front of pc
>knocks over glass with hand
>water splashes on computer
how doesn't this bug you

One at the back is a model m industrial ssk
One at the front is a Model F 122 key

>grabbing water with your mouse hand
he'd deserve it.

i think ur cat is sick

whats wrong with grabbing with mouse hand?

having a drink near your dominant hand is just an easy way to ruin your shit.

put your drinks on your left.

Holy shit I have the exact same keyboard

id say a solid 80% of my spills come from my left hand
probs just me though

Give your mech a more dynamic pose man, Come on.

Like mine?

Just finished the build not even an hour ago.

The more dynamic, the better. Static poses looks like shit and/or get boring very fast.

Make way for the best boys.

Why does your PC have a window?

poverpartment time

Because he is a faggot. Can't you tell by the battlestation?

Cus it is the best bst on the web. The best deserves a window. Why else man?

we pc users like to jerk ourselves off by looking at the most expensive piece of hardware we own

Cus it is the best and the best deserves a window. Only fair and makes sense right?

Hey man, the world has spoken, and they said this is the best there is out there currently. I guess the world loves a faggot. Not my fault man.

>the best

I don't need a numpad, but I need stupid shit on my desk

Fucking hell...
This better be ironic but even if it was it would still be horrible

Don't doubt me man. It's about the total bst pkg, and this right here is the total bst pkg, The web has spoken. The votes are counted. It is already official. The trophy is on the shelf gathering dust. You just are getting the news late my friend. I am in no way lying to you. Look it up man.

It's not a question of taste, it's a question of product availability. When will you ameritards finally learn, that you and the rest of the world are nothing alike?

No one would spend hundreds of dollars for irony.

can you tell me what lcd's those are? I'm interested

The world DOES love faggots. That's why we take shelter here.

>season high
>39
>only level 85
>mercy main

jesus christ
and I thought I was bad at overwatch for being played at rank 60

Bought them from this guy.

stores.ebay.com/chinatobby/category485979119-/_i.html?_fsub=485979119&_sid=1070328859&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322

Would recommend him. Got them in like 3-4days from China.

Dude, you have to tell me where you got that painting on the wall from!
Without the painting 8/10. With it 10/10

Is that a soundblaster audio card?

what's your hw/sw setup for podcasts?

>hw/sw
Pardon?

hardware and software

is that a WASD keyboard?

This cable managment gave me a disease.
Please get some trunking to hide that shit!

Ah, kek.
>Focusrite Sapphire 18i20
>Sony MDR 7506 for tracking
>Sennheiser HD 598s for editing
>MXL Black Widow LDC
>AT4040 LDC
>Heil PR40 (dynamics like this are better for podcasting, but we use the LDCs for other stuff)
>Mixcraft 7
>Omni Sampler + microKORG

WASD caps but Filco board

ah, nice.

Tell hipsters that.

Hipsters with the 1500 USD IBM keyboards or hipsters who think studio monitors are good for listening to a compressed audio source?

just moved in

Guys, I need your advice. Pictured is the current placement of furniture in my room. I'm thinking about moving my desktop in front of the right window, as the roof slope is pretty annoying and it's hard to find a comfortable position for my legs. Would you move the desk?
I'd probably get a new desk in the process, as the current one is pretty smallish. I barely use the window, usually only open it to clean it, and rarely use the heating. (there's a second one under left window)
Also the windows only have sun exposure in the early morning, so it shouldn't be too eye straining.

Put it between the two windows.

Some butts get posed but not him

No it's a Wi-Fi card my complex only has wireless

>4GB 1080
Nigger what

Speccy is shit. It displays half the VRAM for GTX cards since forever.

Pretty sure you got 3.5gbed m8

Speccy has been displaying half the VRAM for GTX video cards for years. If you weren't such a fucking newfag, you'd have already seen plenty of pics with 2GB GTX980s as well...

For those of you who have TVs included in your bst, Do you have any recommendations? I would like to replace my shitty vizio I got years ago with my ps3. Preferably one with not to much input lag/response time.

>calls me a newfag
>falls for obvious meme bait

Sup

>hurr I was just pretending to be retarded

>hurr durr, I was just pretending
>showed u good

Please do us all a favor and an hero.

I wasn't pretending, it was an obvious joke.

Given that the reply is "you should be an expert as speccy" (>implying I am a wincuck), see image related.

(you)

Anyone know of some good bookshelf speaker+ subwoofer for computer use?

> Letting stupid broad dictate your tastes

Get a load of this cuck

This is pretty neat.
I feel like one big monitor would be better than the three in portrait.
Also, why the two desktops?

give up its not funny

I'm also falling for the "delete Facebook" meme

I just ordered one of those giant 3 foot custom mouse pads. It says "Thinkpad".

that's nice... why is your mouse on the wrong side?

>OBEY

>i was only pretending

end yourself

>no one is left handed.

Currently planning on getting the tempered glass version of your case. Which LEDs did you use in the case, the ones from Phanteks or the NZXT ones?

>he doesn't left-hand mouse

lol i bet you use windows too faggot

Or Noctua Redux.

wheres that dude who was roasting everyone yesterday.. i want roast

Model F or M Terminal emulator?

simple station: home edition, needs a thread.
i like normal shit

Model M SSk in the back, Model F 122 key in front.

My setup is pretty basic.

take a clear picture next time and we might care

I am left handed, that has nothing to do with it. Tell me again, why is your mouse on the wrong side?

Are you Muslim? Do you write with your right hand?

Dexterity traitor.

>not using the mouse with his dominant hand

Do you need a left handed car?

this. I'm left handed for practically everything except using a mouse.

My first setup!

Then it's simply because no one gave you a left handed mouse when growing up so you adapted to what you had.

Left handed mice exist, and they are to be used on the left hand side.

And no one uses them except for the people who are literally too autistic to do anything with their right hands.

What monitor is that?

can't believe I'm the only one saying this, but your sound system is not supposed to be on a desk lol

wtf is a SCSI Disk, i have had it in IT class but i cant fucking remember

Why would people go out of their way to get left-handed mice? That seems retarded as fuck. It isn't like writing or batting in the sense that it's not that hard to learn the opposite hand.

>SCSI Disk
Oh the days of scussy and jumpers

>He doesn't use fine motor skills when he mouses

Acer XG270HU

Thanks

i saw an user here have some small monitors like 5 inch. how are those? might buy like a small screen to always have my music application on 24/7.

I only had my crap phone camera.
Any recommendations?

Yes, get a new desk. Glass desks are horrible.

Which keyboard is that? Also, sauce on the wallpaper.

Of all things, you hang TV show prints.

You trying to make it look like Netflix in there?

I used to do a lot of desk cable management at my job, this picture makes me feel real good.

Exactly like that.

rate me

Got a businessman in my bed

why not just drink the beer out of the bottle?

I could do that but I think this one deserves a glass.

Bro tip. Get the mogrify exe from imagemagick and make a batch file
@echo off
FOR %%A IN (%*) DO (
zmogrify -auto-orient %%A
echo mogrify -auto-orient %%A
)
in the directory you drop your phone images into, then just drag and drop the images onto the batch file to strip the orientation tag and auto rotate the image.

what desk is that?

Where does everyone but these desks from? I can only find shitty particle board desks and Amazon's selection is shit

>tfw i switch from my mother's house to my grandparent's house every week
>don't want to build desktop and risk breaking parts from shipping it back and forth over and over again
>trying to find a good gaming laptop but the price/value is horrible compared to desktops

a-any good gaming laptops under $1200?

Rate me

Clevo

I've got a whole room dedicated to my /vr/ collection as well, but i dont feel like going downstairs to take a pic

1/3

TriHard

i-is that b-brown mask on the motherboard?
a-are we 1960s again?

>speakers that big that close
tinnitus in your future

>Impliying he doesn't already have it

>Two big ass antennae coming out of back

I wonder

can you hack places?
cool

you again, small town folk?

okay but cbf to clean

cooling/10

No h8.

Inb4 cramped

Its really not

NeckBreaker/10

And where exactly is he going to attach the trunking? For a desk like this the cable management is fine.

what do you call those nails on the pictures? I'm thinking of doing that or just using normal frames.

>2016
>not having a meme staging area

Sup fellow /k/omrade

what's used for the backlights?

what do you use to backlight?

You know, i actually remember a guy asking what did he think when he saw the painting and decided he wanted a picture of a thousand different colored cumshots above his head in a previous thread.

He got no answer but it managed to intrigue me so, what do you see in it?

Seems comfy
Really fog tho

I'm currently modeling a battlestation for a project/videogame, getting some ideas, it's a near future setting and it's about someone obsessed with VR.

Will replace screens with my own UIs btw.