Gats

all the threads today were shit, including this one

Other urls found in this thread:

i.imgur.com/mIEzrl1.jpg
pccasegear.com/products/36366/phanteks-enthoo-pro-m-tempered-glass-edition
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

G8TS

ey

You still havnt told me what bios youre on.

the second one, 300w TDP. That other thread died so I didn't know you asked that

What do you mean the second one?
If you are on 0702, it was up for a week, someone posted about it killing their i7. A couple days later they pulled the 0702 bios. 0602 is again the latest. If youre on 0702, I recommend getting off of it.

I asked about your boot time, from power button to seeing the asus logo to seeing the os. It takes me almost 10 seconds to see the asus logo. A friend on a 2011 socket or something said his only takes a second, so this seems off to me.

And did you have any issues with your memory not being recognized? Im also using ripjaw V and I have to keep reseating the ram to get it to load up. It always errors out with 55 no ram installed.

Oh what the hell I thought you were the guy asking about my video card, shit i didn't even know about the bios thing. It takes like 10 seconds to see the logo, but I don't have fast boot on. I built this system around mid august and I didn't update the bios at all. Also I had one kit of ripjaws at first and I installed them into the slots closest to the cpu, and apparently your not supposed to? I didn't take them out like people said to and didn't have any problems. I got a second kit, the silver one, recently, and they're both on 3200 mhz XMP setting. OC'ed 6700k to 4.6 at like ~1.38 volts, been meaning to go to 4.7, but I didn't want to go through all the stress testing hassle again just yet. Not sure why your RAM is giving you problems though

Oh and I guess I've been on bios version 0503 this whole time. Will updating erase all my settings, and everything I've set up in it? That'd piss me off if it did

Hello friendo

hey same case

Im the guy that uses that motherboard also.
I have fast boot on and it takes like 9.6 seconds for bios to show up, seems kinda slow to me. Around 17 seconds Ill see grub, but I have old ass drives.
I dont know if it would reset your settings or not. There is an option in the far right to save the settings to a profile, that would be worth a shot atleast.

My ram is 3200 and I have it tuned in manually. FUCK xmp. If I try to use xmp the boot takes 30 seconds. I think something is defective but everything is new and I don't feel like having 3 companies give me the runaround pointing fingers at eachother..

If you are running stable I wouldn't screw with it until you have some time. iirc all they did was add a vendor name and "increase stability".
Take a picture of your settings so you can quickly correct anything that is off.

The ram in different slots I think is so they are in different channels and it makes them faster. Its just one of those things, if you don't care don't worry about it, but I see you already maxed off the memory.
Did you check that the timings were the same? It should be in a format like 15-16-16-32. (just made up those numbers.)

I think It's prob your ram that's fucked. The RAM kits I have were listed at different timings on XMP settings, one is CL 18 the other is CL 16 I think. This picture shows what is going on with my ram, some things seem off but nothing has fucked me over yet.

nice colors nig

I think its the ram too, when the lights blink on startup, half the time is wasted doing shit with the ram.
It works, but it bothers me because I just upgraded from core 2 shit from 2007 and I upgraded because I want speed and the computer takes almost as long to boot up, and 3 times aslong to post.

You said you're using old drives, so no ssds? Also it might just be the RAM that is causing the longer post and boot times, cuz after I set the ram to XMP and overclocked the CPU it made my boot/post times noticeably longer. I've had fast boot off before tweaking all that shit though. Also what CPU are you using?

Yea, Im using some old wd drives, one of them is eve a sata2.
I use them still because I'm a jew and hate replacing stuff thats still good, and also I'm a data hoarder. I'm in the process of deleting and compressing a ton of shit and am about to upgrade to ssds.
Did you overclock the cpu with the switch or yourself in the bios?
Im using a 6700k and if I flip the switch it actually overclocks it to 4.6 like you said you were on. I usually keep it off. It is running at 4.2 without overclock, so my guess is its running at the turbo speed constantly. I really don't know if thats bad for it or not, temps stay in the mid 20s C until I do shit. When Im compressing shit with all cores and threads it goes up to about 70c sometimes 80..
What cpu are you using?

Why are mini ITX rigs so rare in these threads when so many people only have a GPU plugged in to their PCIe slots?

shit post for a shit thread

No I manually overclocked, and it is not normal that the turbo mode is on all the time, should only be running at that speed during load. Using 6700k. Also "jew" but buys $350 motherboard lol?

For when I get a second card

Can the turbo mode always being on hurt it?

>Also "jew" but buys $350 motherboard lol?
wanna make sure it lasts.
Also I got three sales to line up and got it for $270

Well if your shit says it's constantly at 4.2 ghz in your task manager while there isn't even any programs running then it means that your CPU is being fed a constant voltage at 100%. I don't know if that's what you mean it's doing though.

I runs screenfetch and it says @ 4.2 ghz, but the bios says it is only supose to be 4.0 ghz.

Big boy Workstation board Colin' through.

>big boy workstation
>only one cpu

>image.jpg
>Colin'

Fucking iPhones...

Yea,that just means that is the max speed, if it is always running at that speed that is not exactly good.

pretty sick

oh ok, that makes sense.
What kind of ssds do you have? Real read/write speeds?

>not having a qt fan
come on gaiz.

How does that work?

just 1 right now, since I'm waiting for more games to come out, it's a PNY 240 gb, use it as a my main drive. 550 read /520 write. Got it at a good price.

Call it the piss-enforcer

Here's a look from the outside

Whats the screen?

Digital temp gauge, monitors the ambient temp of the case.
I can see if shit gets hot inside so i could crank the fans

B L U R

I can see that much. How does it interface with the motherboard.. or do you just have it tapped in there?

Where did you get that and how did you install it?

That must be hell to work on.

It just is there by itself

Molex powered

Ebay 5 burgers, double sided tape

Never saw anyone use this on any build, but the usefulness of it is phenomenal

Yea I think I'm going to get one now

basic bitch build

Why a monitor out the window image, does it make you made that its a separate entity?

Oh thats another thing, does your qcode switch between 00 and a0 each boot? Somedays I have 00, thers A0.

It goes through both of them I think, but usually it goes to A0 and then sits there and right now while browsing it's at 40. I think A0 meant IDE initialization, can't remember though, check the Q- code descriptions in the manual

you little shit

because my folder has million pictures and i picked one out by random

It's too functional and cheap to pass up, but the estimated delivery is like mid oct to beginning of nov, wtf

Not to bad the top radiator is on rails and can slide out pretty easily.

How did you route the wiring for it?

What up Cred Forums

I like to have an option to plug some other card in. mATX is the best size for pretty much anyone.

Drilled through mobo a small hole

pls

This is the first case I've ever owned with a giant window in it. I got it cause it was pretty cheap, and it's actually quite well built.

So far, I'm happy with what I have going on here.

Kinda looks like it would exist in the Mirror's Edge universe.

nah, routed it under the heatsink and through the small hole on the top for the 8-pin and behind the mobo to molex
The temp-cable is visible on the right corner of the mobo which is that silver nipple

The power cable itself is red-black so if it would stick out it would be like a sore thumb

The temp wire is under the GPU on the bottom right right? Is the gauge mostly there then for monitoring the temp closer around the GPU and not the system in general?

because of the cooler design of the gpu i sought it to be best placed there, because that's where the ambient temp is the most accurate

If it would be above, then the ambient would be much lower than below the gpu.

Plus i have a cpu monitor on the mobo itself displaying the degrees so it's no use for me to put it above that

Yea that's the best placement then. If I don't like the cables I could sleeve them or conceal somehow

What do you mean? HDD and SSD are behind the mobo tray if that's what you're referring to.

>gats

GUTSU

g00ts

----HELP----
i'm looking for a budget midtower case (around 50$) with at least 5x120mm fan slots and 2x5,25" ODD. Everywhere people suggest carbide 100r, aerocool aero500 or corsair spec01. Which one is better? Also, are 5$ fans worth? i'm talking about artic f12

I have the same case
I didnt even think to put the phantek sticker there god it

chernobyl checking in

What?

Its not a sticker, it comes on the case

Get out of here, Stalker.

GATs

Not for me, I got a little sticker that I put on the top
i.imgur.com/mIEzrl1.jpg

It's otherwise pretty neat but you got too many colours in there.

user, why haven't you removed those ugly "psu only" stickers?

unforntunately the yellow uv fluid is turning green, i think it's because every metal in the loop is copper.

Didn't think they were that much of a problem.

Comes stock for mine

pccasegear.com/products/36366/phanteks-enthoo-pro-m-tempered-glass-edition

B-but i do! Now i just need a 300$ pcb with 3 more cute fans on it