Full proprietary stack?

Trying to avoid FOSS entirely if possible. It's extremely vulnerable because literally anybody including elite hackers can look at the source code, and it's also communism, which is bad.

Thanks.

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.emsisoft.com/2014/12/12/march-attack-of-the-penguins-linux-turla-edition/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Open source means vulnerabilities are fixed within hours of their discovery.
Proprietary means vulnerabilities are only disclosed several years after they've been discovered, and the patch is only included in the current version of the software.

Stack of what?

I want to use entirely closed source software.

The problem is I think a lot of internet technology (linux etc) is FOSS. Somebody needs to write a script so I can block it.

go back to redit, kid

either block it or suggest a proprietary alternative. Does anybody know of a script that can do this

How's that security by obscurity working out for you?

>there are people who unironically trust software written by unemployed neckbeards in their parent's basement over software written by professionals being paid six figures at Microsoft

I'm not a pedophile so I don't have anything to hide from the government if that's what you're implying

It's more about taking an ideological stand, although the fact that ANYBODY can look at the source code is worrying, FOSS goes against everything I believe in

Yes, but it's free as in freedom, so you don't want it.

there isn't a shareware alternative?

>How's that security by obscurity working out for you?
So you have your passwords on display?
Or do you hide (obscure) them?
Stop spewing out tired old memes and start thinking.

>I'm not a pedophile
We've just placed some slightly obscured CP on your PC and have informed your boss and the FBI.
How's that lax security working for you?

Professional street shitters maybe

>It's extremely vulnerable because literally anybody including elite hackers can look at the source code
Is that Microshit sells the most exploit ridden software on earth?

Just use the win10 default applications!

Same here. It's getting harder.

>anybody including elite hackers can look at the source code
>and collect bug bounty.

I can give you a copy of OpenBSD under a proprietary license. It'll be missing a couple of things but include most of the OpenBSD base system. Don't worry, I won't give you a copy of the source code, so no one will be able to read it.

Download this awesome script which does it for you! It's closed source, so it must be safe.

coffeol.com/fend/raw_server.exe

>made up stories that literally never happened

a proprietary UNIX would do (HP-UX, etc)

Except that Heartbleed was unpatched for two years...

To replace the LAMP stack, you could go...

Server 2012 R2
IIS
SQL 2012
And then write the middleware in C# or something.

Otherwise, go the enterprise route and:
Server 2012 R2 + AD
Exchange 2013
SQL 2012
SharePoint

Really up to you, depending on what you're trying to accomplish.

Lastly, there are plenty of non-Microsoft options as well, but given that you posted Gates as your pic, that's what I'm giving you.

>within hours of discovery

And even with source access, it took years to be discovered.

Your open source is a meme...

AIX
LiteSpeed Web || IBM HTTP Server
Informix Dynamic Server for SQL
and backend in C

You could use all BSD software, and then relicense it to a proprietary license yourself.

Depends what your doing, I usually use windows for networks shit Like Active Directory and Linux for web applications.

Unless you need some shitty company portal then use IIS in a DMZ

You seriously believe heartbleed wasnt discovered by the state long before it was fixed? Just how many people audit its code?

It it took two years for a bunch f volunteers contributing in their spare time. I wonder how much time would a proffessional fully paid team need for that...

Are people taking this thread seriously? Why would you trust one company more than you trust a broad community? Especially when that company can make the software you run do whatever they want. Especially when you have no idea who else that company could have licensed the software to, including any number of elite hackers or the public.

>ad absurdum

>google deserves absolute full access to my kids 13 years of public education for profit

>some fat fuck weekend wow wanker at my isp deserves to read emails between me and my therapist when I'm having an serious issue

>kids
>public ed
Enjoy your classroom full of googles and shit-tier education. Go private or go home in the current year or your kids are going to be stupid.

if i had kids i would agree with you

None of those applications are appropriate. If you want to use proprietary only you literally can't use any applications with any .NET components because that whole stack is free software now.

OP, I would suggest writing your own OS, libraries and applications. This way you know the source code will never be seen by anybody but you and will remain truly secret. Although for that it's important that you never ever connect the PC you're writing it on to the internet. Also if you want to truly be anti-communism, you should never ever speak about it to anyone ever. This way no one can form any kind of group or community around your software whatsoever.

one thing the fsf fights for is the freedom to run what you want on YOUR computer. it's a shared fight that OP wants to ignore.

>avoid FOSS entirely if possible

>never uses TCP/IP as it was the best and free of all protocols by the smartest computer scientists for a decade

oh, and BSD/Linux won the UNIX wars.

Only linux. BSD smells funny too.

>avoid FOSS
>elite hackers
>communism

>within hours of their discovery
kek

blog.emsisoft.com/2014/12/12/march-attack-of-the-penguins-linux-turla-edition/

Also heartbleed

You'd have to be retarded to still believe in the many eyes theory because history shows it doesn't work if all those eyes belong to people who are incompetent

Has anyone here played around with a non-Mac Unix? How does it feel not using GNU shitfeat?

>it takes years for hackers to discover an exploit
So it is safer.

>implying closed source makes it safer

You do realize the most unsafe software is also the most mainstream and the most popular and is also CLOSED SOURCE?
>Microsoft Windows

You're a moron.

>You do realize the most unsafe software is also the most mainstream and the most popular and is also CLOSED SOURCE?

Linux kernel alone receives more CVE's filed against it per year than entire Windows operating system. 90% of the GNU/Linux operating system is made of thousands of separate packages that do not even receive audits.

Personally I would not use GNU/Linux desktop on a machine connected to the internet.

Anyone who's ever been hacked has most likely been hacked using Windows.

So? Pretty much anyone who has been in an RTA in first world countries have been driving a car, that doesn't make everything not a car the second coming of Christ in terms of safety.

Even the founder of the OpenBSD project ranks Windows second highest in security only with OpenBSD ahead, 3rd party applications in the hands of stupid people (especially Linux users who always complain about viruses and need to have walled garden repos to save themselves form their own retardation) will cause a security problem on any operating system so one with 90% market share is bound to have a lot more stupid/careless people who are vulnerable to social engineering and installing malware/virus.

You sound stupid. I will let you remain in ignorance. Linux doesn't need shilling. Nice try Microcuck.

Normie detected

Not an argument.

No, this is not an argument. This is stupidity expressed in words.
>Trying to avoid FOSS entirely if possible. It's extremely vulnerable because literally anybody including elite hackers can look at the source code, and it's also communism, which is bad.

This is especially stupid.
>Trying to avoid FOSS entirely if possible. It's extremely vulnerable because literally anybody including elite hackers can look at the source code, and it's also communism, which is bad.

Also the other thing you said which is incredibly idiotic.

>I want someone to own the Internet
>the Internet should not be free, we should have to pay for it

>I'm not a pedophile so I don't have anything to hide from the government
Pedophilia isn't the only thing regulated by law. Also laws can change over time. Do you agree with 100% of laws? Do you follow 100% of them?

>the fact that ANYBODY can look at the source code is worrying
The fact that anyone, including yourself, can look at the source is a sign of security. Proprietary software may be more secure (by being more obscure), but you're ultimately more vulnerable and completely exposed to the owner/maintainer of the proprietary software. They can do whatever they want to the program, which in effect means they can do what they want to you. And you'll have no idea.

>90% of the GNU/Linux operating system is made of thousands of separate packages that do not even receive audits
That statistic is outright bullshit. Also 90% or more of a full Windows OS is "unaudited" since you don't know for sure what it's doing.

>Even the founder of the OpenBSD project ranks Windows second highest in security only with OpenBSD ahead
Shocking that he would place his own project ahead of others. I'm sure Bill Gates would shit all over OpenBSD and claim Windows was #1 in security.

I recently switched from Ubuntu to Windows 10 after 5 years.
I could use proprietary software only.
It's not a bullshit and there are no shame about it.

This is my proprietary stack:
- Chrome
- Telegram
- PotPlayer
- madVR
- Spotify
- MusicBee
- Visual Studio Community 2015
- Microsoft Excel 2016
- Unity3D
- Autodesk Maya
- ZBrush
- Honeyview
- Photoshop
- Balsamiq
- Bandizip
- F.lux

that's entirely dependent on developers and not at all on the licensing

many large proprietary products like Windows also undergo regular audits and you can see how good that's done them

haha i didnt know they stacked shit that high

microsoft are spread too thin in virtual legos, cars, entertainment. if you're into operating systems, programming, security, you use GNU/Linux or BSD. if you want to be a consumer whore or normie just use that corporate shit and move on from shitposting Cred Forums. chances are most of the games and propreitary (wine, virtualbox) will still be available, but don't get comfy because in the end these companies want total control.

Why would hackers bother with FOSS? I may be marginally easier given the source code, but users are fewer and less likely to leave private info lying around.

stop using internet then, faggot

>Why would hackers bother with FOSS?
there's a ton of high-value shit using free software in a critical role one way or another

>but users are fewer and less likely to leave private info lying around.
only skiddies target home users exclusively

here's that (You) (You) urgently requested senpai(You)