The pixel 2

The pixel 2

Is there a laptop with a better design or build quality?

Other urls found in this thread:

asus.com/fr/Notebooks/ASUS-ZenBook-3-UX390UA/
pixel.google.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yeah, it's called the X200 ThinkPad.

I have an x200, I'd MUCH rather have a Pixel 2

if you can get one OP go ahead. Microsoft and Google are both ditching the god tier aspect ratio. Might be one of the last machines ever produced with one worth buying

>chromebook
>Is there a laptop with a better design or build quality?

Yes, plenty.

>meme: the opinion

that is not a laptop it's a fagtop

XPS 13, by a huge fucking mile and way better after-sales support.

> no Super key
> no F-keys

kek how is this thing even remotely useful?

> no winkey
How am I supposed to control my window manager?
> no menu key
What should I assign as lv3_switch to not write typographic characters in their surrogate plebeian form, e.g. — instead of --- and – instead of --?
> no pgup pgdn
I can understand no home/end but pgup/pgdn are often used with alt in many apps to switch tabs
> no sysrq key
Fuck this shit.

Search button is super key
Function keys are not marked, but exist
Paging keys are available via shortcuts (longcuts really)
But if you're using some other distro, you'll have to manually program them

X220 is heavy, has small keyboard, unnecessary media keys, ports and OS, but otherwise a capable device.

Yes and no but maybe.

The only ones that come close are the Surfacebook and Macbook, but no.

I love the Pixel 2. I don't currently own one because I'm paying off a pickup and student fees, but eventually I will probably look at one of these and at least see if I can put Arch or Debian on it or something.

That rugged design is great. You might also want to look into the ASUS ZenBook 3. It's basically a replica of the Macbook but with better specs, and maybe even a better price.

Time will tell.

>Thinkpad
>Lenovo
>Hardware botnet
Still falling for the meme? Grow up Cred Forums.

It's a dumb machine and google did not continue this line of product.

That said, if we talk of build quality only, it's pretty rad.
This aspect ratio man. It's the best for work.

Yes

The key where caps lock is functions as the super key, at least that's how it was on my Cr-48.

I have one, running Arch. Didn't know that they killed the brand, it's a nice laptop.

The SP4. But it isn't as competitively priced

not sure what you're talking about applies to the x200 or x220

There's talk of a Thinkpad retro with a 16:10 aspect ratio. Also there are macbook pros. I refuse to buy 16:9 laptops. 3:2 is amazing.

clever lol up high

I really hope they're in the process of designing a 3rd one.

>it's a "If it's a Chromebook, it's bad, no questions asked" post

Also isn't a laptop.

>thinkpad retro
smuganimegirl.png

>retro ThinkPad
>not 4:3
Come on Lelnovo

god-tier powerbook

Hi there! I'm an X1 Carbon! I come with all the great features a business laptop should have, including 256GB or 512GB of flash storage for all of your important pictures and documents. Did I mention that my hardware and BIOS are flexible and will easily allow you to install the GNU/Linux distribution of your choice unlike the Yoga? My 14 inch display is great for spreadsheets and reading news articles. I'm as thin as a MacBook Pro but I won't overheat like a little bitch if you decide to open more than 15 Firefox tabs. Please buy me Cred Forums!!!

I had Thinkpad x200 it was shit then it is shit now.
>dat shit screen
>no trackpad
>c2d

They're continuing it under another name, according to a self-identified google employee on here.

i have the x1 3rd gen (20bs) and love it. just make sure you get the ips screen

>Microsoft and Google are both ditching the god tier aspect ratio
No way. How come?

>screen content adaptive brightness cannot be disabled.

Nope and that's why I bought one.
>tfw life in the botnet

The pixel 2

Is there a laptop that is a bigger waste of money?

>buying google products
>ever

kek

>being an applel fag

How does not buying Google shit mean you use anything Apple?

Yo dawg, that looks like a PowerPC based MacBook Pro lol

How?

Is it too much to ask for more machines with this kind of minimalist industrial design? I hate that most ultrabooks have the tapered edges, even on the ultra slim Thinkpads.

can it play youtube videos?

What kind of retarded question is that? Of course it can.

in 4k?

I thought I was the only one that hated that. That's why I like the design of the MacBook pro so much, the uniform thickness. The air doesn't look nearly as good

Buy 51nb's Chinese ThinkPad X62 mod or just shut your dirty mouth.

It's not a dumb question.
Would YOU buy a laptop that couldn't play youtube videos?

Nah. I mean it's neat and all, but I'm just going to upgrade my PowerBook's screen from XGA to SXGA+, swap the HDD for an SSD, and recell the battery.

It's an extremely dumb question. Who the fuck assumes a laptop in 2016 can't play a YouTube video when fucking cell phones can?
>Would YOU buy a laptop that couldn't play youtube videos?
Yes.

>Who the fuck assumes a laptop in 2016 can't play a YouTube video when fucking cell phones can?

Just because phones have built in functionality and technology to play youtube videos, doesn't mean computers have the same technology.

user, quit being retarded.

MacBook Pro or the MiBook Air

Any suggestion of a notebook, Mac air size, Kali Linux compatible for educational purposes?

>ChromeOS
useless

Pixel has a ratio of 3:2, i.e 15:10, compared to the X200's 16:10. Pixel is a lot more comfy though the X200 is the sexier laptop. Black high quality plastic, fully replaceable parts. Who could say no to such a beast?

>Dell
And then there's this faggot. Enjoy your broken hinges.

1. If you can't get console applications running on chromeOS, you don't deserve to post on Cred Forums,
2. The pixel chromebooks are literally the easiest chromebook to install full linux on.

Do you still have to take the case off?

XDD

Afaik, the reason you need to disable the write-protection is if you want to set seabios to default, and the reason you would want to do that is to get rid of the chromeOS warning on boot. So it's optional to open your case.

>You might also want to look into the ASUS ZenBook 3
I just looked at their website, the product page look like some kind of joke, like they copypasted apple's website or something.

asus.com/fr/Notebooks/ASUS-ZenBook-3-UX390UA/

>Shit keyboard with no super key or function keys
>No clicky mouse buttons
>2002 called asking when they can get their bezel back
>Shitty os with the only simple option of running linux is with chrome running in the background

There never was a PPC MBP, they were PowerBooks before the Intel switch.
See .

Would be the perfect machine with more expandable storage. I want one because that aspect ratio is sexy as hell.

Oh well.

Yes it can.

Everyone copy pastes apples website.

pixel.google.com/

I fucking love this laptop. Even with the weird key layout, weird aspect ratio, and all the trouble I'd have to go through to get a proper os running due to chromeOS bullshit, I'd still smash. Its incredible.

Xiaomi Notebook Air

pure autism in this post

it's a portable x86 machine
sorry the keyboard can be detached I guess

welcome to neo-Cred Forums

I'm waiting for the next version to come out, hopefully this year or early 2017? With android apps I won't even need to install linux.

>Boring 1080p resolution
>No real warrenty

I love having to hit special keys to boot into something besides chrome OS.
GREAT USABILITY

>I'm too retarded to do a proper install so I'll just whine about the half ass install

not on the 1080p model which offers superior battery life, something that's more important than tiny icons and scale issues

I haven't heard anything about this since those surveys,and those were ages ago.

/thread