/wt/ watch thread

This thread is about the appreciation of watches, as well as the micro-engineering and materials engineering that are required to make a fine watch.

Required viewing for newbies:
youtu.be/508-rmdY4jQ

Strap guide:
pastebin.com/SwRysprE

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

sinn.de/mobile/en/Modell/6060.htm
sinn.de/mobile/en/Modell/356_Sa_GR.htm
i.imgur.com/Uxa5wuQ.gifv
watchbase.com/eta/caliber/2892-a2
strawpoll.de/gbsyc14
shop.wornandwound.com/collections/cases
amazon.com/Leather-Organizer-Handmade-Hide-Drink/dp/B01K4Y1RIA/ref=sr_1_23?ie=UTF8&qid=1474836793&sr=8-23&keywords=watch roll
aliexpress.com/store/product/aaa-Asking-Formula-F1-Schumacher-Chronograph-movement-watch-men-a-commemorative-watch-1887-free-shipping/2300071_32732751923.html
aliexpress.com/store/product/The-2016-men-s-luxury-watches-yellow-high-quality-Watch-Strap-Watch/2300071_32727279019.html
dailymail.co.uk/travel/travel_news/article-3807529/First-class-upgrades-dinner-invites-amorous-women-One-traveler-reveals-far-wearing-expensive-WATCH-you.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

When will the 42mm meme die

I'm not sure if the trend of 'stupid big watches' is actually fully played out. I don't think people are ready to return to normal size watches fully.

Bought this gorgeous thing off eBay for $20. It doesn't run smoothly when it's worn, so I was thinking of returning it, instead of paying hundreds to fix it.

What is this type of dial and hands called? Can anyone recommend a watch with this kind of design? Trench watch?

What about this one?

sinn.de/mobile/en/Modell/6060.htm

$2,237

orient bambino v2

Any new poorfag watches? I have a komandirskie, amphibia, some casio, some chink shit. But I'm looking for something more, stuck between a rock and a hard place, don't care about quartz or mechanical I just want to have sapphire if I'm going 150-200. Can't justify anything near 500 for what I make.

consider rodina?

My Seiko 5 strap started to smell, since it's hot outside. Is there such a thing as
100M+ WR
Diver look
Decently mechanized and is quite accurate
Under $200

It was between SKX009 or Orient Ray II, but the Orient went out of stock out of the blue and Seiko is doing something with SKXs refresh, any help?

field watch I suppose, there's a hamilton khaki with tan dial

If it's a nylon strap, just wash it.

And this one?

sinn.de/mobile/en/Modell/356_Sa_GR.htm

So are you just going to piecemeal link us to every watch Sinn makes or what

I cant make up my mind.

I want that DIAPAL tech but i can't justify the nearly $4k for an ETA.

Would you get the regular 356 or the one with the power reserve indicator?

Is that a 219 I see?

Gold rolex

Don't post that thing.
/wg/ hates Citizen for no good reason.

if i cared about their shitty opinion i wouldn't have bought it

Yeah, you don't care about shitty opinions, you just want shitty watches

/wt/-for beginners:

1st. Ignore all Citizen, Invicta or Steinhart posters.

>you just want shitty watches

See this faggot? I told you
>for no good reason

Have there been invicta posters recently?

No, maybe because Invicta owners know their watch is shit...

>No good reason

It's seems somebody is too new to remember the photonguy.

so much ass pain

Reminder ninefag is an orient shill

Show us on the doll where the Orient watch touched you.

Damn, really is a rolex

Do those have the updated movements with hack/handwind?

Put a metal band on my daily watch. Yea, I know it's cheap but it does the job.

How does it feel paying $500 for something that will get mistaken as a fake rolex by normies and mark you as a retard by anyone who knows a thing or two about watches?

/wg/ is a board, stop trying to confuse the newfags

$300
pretty good

Guy owns like 50k worth of guns, he must have some good watches and maybe uses the Steinshit for everyday/operating/innawoods.

>he must have some good watches
oh man you know it

So I have a budget of around 3,000 AUD to get my first "high-end" watch. I can't seem to decide between the Black Bay Bronze or a second-hand GS Snowflake SBGA011.

Help a brother out /wt/?

Snowflake is the obvious choice.

I am not a fan of the black bay bronze, I like the stainless ones better. However it will get you more attention.

The GS will likely hold more value and or gain value imo, but might not get the attention from regular people.

Pick your poison

black bay

a GS is literally the olny nice thing ninefag owns

Snowflake is just a fancy quartz so go with the BBB. Tudor also has more history and horological cred if that's your thing.

For me it's not even an argument. The SBGA may be better engineered but it feels so sterile and lifeless compared to the Tudor.

And even then its not even close to a Snowfrake

The BBB is an attractive as fuck watch.

eh too dressy, and sketchy. Might just save 500 for this (only thing I don't like about it is the fact I can't use other bracelets/straps, the alpinist is what I considered for a mid range watch but this seems smarter for under a 1,000)

>I have never seen the pic he posted of his watches therefore he doesn't own any others

I really do love that Orient. I know people don't like the dial, but it's just so wearable. It's easily legible while wearing and one of the nicest feeling bracelets I've had on a watch under 1000.

I wore it all day today.

Pic related is being shipped from Hong Kong, I want to put a leather band on it. What does Cred Forums think will not look fucking tacky or tryhard?

It will look just fine on leather

Care to recommend a band?

Hirsh, Camille Fournet.

Depends how much you want to spend.

Hey guys, TGV here. AMA!

please leave

Seiko here.

>Yes please, I'll buy that Citizen
>No wait, the equally tacky Seiko will do just fine
>now Cred Forums will like me

Happened to have a decent design and fits the wrist. Cheap too.

No regrets.

What do you think of Crown&Buckle?

what are you in hospital for?

I have no personal experience thru them. I'd just read reviews and stuff if there was a particular strap of theirs I wanted to have.

Stay away from Hodinkee straps.

Gay AIDS obviously.

That he got from you, furfag

I think it's because they tend to focus on Eco-Drive quartz watches, but most of /wt/ are quite snobbish about quartz.

He wishes he was that lucky.

Snowfrake is beautiful, however most normals will see 'Seiko' on the dial and assume it cost about $200 tops.

At least you can tell them the Tudor is essentially a poor man's Rolex.

Really going to just let other people cuck you like that, bro?

>spending $500 on a watch that has the word anus on the dial.

The power reserve is in such an awkward place it ruins the entire aesthetics for me.

Orient shill. Told ya.

See

Mfw "levrette" means "doggystyle" in frogland...

I want to buy something that looks nicer than my current watch (Timex weekender, 38mm), and I was looking at mdv106. I really like the diver looks, but casio's case diameter is 44mm. Won't the 44 look just gaudy and awkward on my bitch-ass wrists? If yes, what should I get then?

Depends on your budget. Christopher Ward do a 38mm version of the C60 Trident 300.

The Trident looks great, but it's just too expensive. I was aiming for the price range of mentioned earlier mdv106, seiko 5, generally wouldn't want to spend more than $60.

What is the cheapest watch with a meteorite dial? I really dig the unique texture they have.

Sh...should I do it?
I know it's solar, but it just looks so good!

Then buy a Seiko 5 or an Amphibia.

Alpha Chrono or Reverso

Hadley Roma is also pretty good.

snowfrake, fuck what other people think

>Tudor
>More history

Seiko began as a company in 1881 and started making watches in 1924. Tudor was founded in 1946.

>More horological cred

Amongst ignorant marketing cucked plebs like you maybe.

For most of its history Tudor simply cased ETA movements, while Seiko developed full watchmaking capabilities from the ground to the showroom.

They also managed to develop a number of extremely well designed and made mechanicals movements including virtually tying the Swiss for developing the world's first automatic mechanical chronograph movement.

They also brought the first quartz watch to market, the first quartz chronograph, developed spring drive, and continue innovating.

With Credor, they have reached horological heights Tudor has never even dreamed of.

Please stop mistaking the apparent prestige accorded to brands by the horologically ignorant peasants whose knowledge of watches consists entirely of mountain Jew marketing with fact.

My seiko SKX007K and a Jacques Lemans chronograph (quartz) that I got as a gift.

>Jacques Lemans
Into the trash it goes.

I would feel bad throwing away or selling a gift. My mother doesn't know anything about watches anyways. It's the thought that counts.

nice timex

maybe consider a orient mako or raven?

snk80x

/fa/ is making fun of us again

Like I care what's happening on that containment board for compensating betas.

>being this butthurt for the swiss industry

You guys are going to love this:

i.imgur.com/Uxa5wuQ.gifv

I wonder if there are any women here who are interested in watches

pls respond

Yes they are. In fact, the most known and respected watch reporter in the world is a woman.

Hey guys, TGV here send in your questions. The last edition of ask the governor was very disappointing.

You have such smooth skin. I want to skin you and make products out of it.

What should I purchase for my first ETA?

This would be for a daily beater. Budget is approx $2000

A Steinhart and a bunch of spare barrel bridges.

question
is the pebble steel the best budget smartwatch

I own it.

The battery life is great but that shitty screen takes a toll on how much you can do with it

gen 1 metawatch

Are steinharts known for bad barrel bridges? If so, how long do they take to wear and how hard are they to replace?

Not Steinhart, but most automatic ETA outside the 289x series. Failure time with regular handwinding is a few years after skipping service. Also probably around 20-30 years with regular servicing. ETA themselves don't recommend handwinding their movements.

Dear /wt/, I'm a complete pleb at watches and my family insists on buying me one as a gift. Their suggestions all aimed for the ridiculous cluttered models with compasses, time for like a dozen time zones and other shit, which I found ugly and inappropriate.

What's a decent budget option for a classic looking, clear, minimalist white faced watch? Would Citizen be a reliable brand for those or am I mistaken?

I don't know much about watches but have some extra money I want to spend on a quality watch and have been considering the Omega Speedmaster. I keep reading that the quality of Speedmasters have become shit recently and are now primarily marketed to the same demographic as Beats headphones. Does anyone know exactly when this happened? What is the best used model to get if I want to own this iconic timepiece that I can wear everyday while avoiding the shit ones? What amount of money should I expect to spend?

>spending over a grand on generic Jap watches

Don't do that.

Here we go again with this shit

Only /wt/ is capable of shilling Seiko this hard.

Orient Bambino.

You should consider the Seiko SARB035.

You don't understand what "shilling" means

>my family insists on buying me one as a gift
what is wrong with your family?

Not digging the Seiko too much, but the Orient seems quite swell, though nearing the top end of my budget. Are there a couple similar models to the Bambino that I could look at?

Well it's not out of the ordinary for them in any way.

Prove me wrong, fag!

why was TGV hospitalized? why is he begging for money if he is the son of an aristocrat as he claims?

>Posting information well known to people actually interested in horology is butthurt now

Maybe Ninefag was right about spoonfeeding horology to peasants...

>Snowfrake
>generic

I'm not sure that the most iconic spring drive model qualifies as generic...

>Posting horological history is shilling now

Anime_girl_with_quizzical_expression.jpg

He got cancer of the cannolis, thoughts and prayers.

Also consider the Orient Union

The Seiko shill has arrived.

More like
>random user who knows something about watches responds to the anti-Japanese trolling and faggotry

Fedrico gave him terminal Thai ladyboy AIDS.

Also pretty nice, but I liked the bigger face/smaller bezel design on the Bambino more. Also saw Orient Capital in pic related which I like the most so far.

Wish I knew more about watches so I could choose between them by more than looks though. Why does quartz get shat on so much when it's supposed to be more accurate than mechanical?

They probably love him or something.

Fucking normie shits.

Modern mechanical watches in the price range you're looking at run +/- 15s per day. Modern quartz watches in the price range you're looking at run +/- 30s per month.

Modern mechanical watches require routine servicing every 3-5 years at $200+ per service. Modern quartz watches require a battery change every 2 years at $5 per change.

Mechanical watches are marvels of precise manufacturing and some people feel a strong draw towards them. Quartz watches are marvels of electrical/material engineering. Most mechanical watches have a smoothly sweeping second hand; most quartz watches don't.

Mechanical watches are marketed as a luxury good; most quartz watches are not.

In the price range you're looking at, mechanical movements will be Seiko, Orient, Citizen, Seagull, or "other chinese" (or vintage, but that's a whole other world). The first four are all comparably fine; avoid the fifth.

For mechanicals in your price range, judge based on looks, materials (crystal/metal), features (day/date/WR/handwind/hacking/automatic/lume/etc).

So should I understand it that the main draw of mechanicals is the "vintage feel" kind of like in the vinyl vs CD debate?

>Modern quartz watches in the price range you're looking at run +/- 30s per month.
F91W might run that inaccurately, but that's not typical of watches over 20 dollars.

>Modern quartz watches require a battery change every 2 years at $5 per change.
They also require service, just like mechanicals, if you plan on keeping them running long term.

At this price range, probably. It's an aesthetic/hobby thing.

At higher price ranges, it's much more difficult to find well-finished quartz watches - with some exceptions (Seiko/Journe/???), the most attractive, well-designed, and well-finished watches tend to be mechanical, since that's what marketing says is luxury goods.

I need a sturdy watch that will not break when I ride my bike on rough terrain. Don't wanna break my Seiko 5 meme. Should I go for a G-Shock? Any recommended poorfag models?

orient mako wears pretty small

So I'm not setting myself up for bullshit by picking up the Capital over the Bambino? I want the lower maintenance watch between the two and if the Bambino's accuracy is like says then I'd rather pass.

In reality +/-15s would be a poor but not shocking performance and as it happens my only Orient watch (a Disk) is my most accurate mechanical at +0.4s/d on the winder. But if accuracy is a priority to you, or if you just like the looks better, sure, go for it.

Per , you will need to get a quartz watch serviced if you actually want it to keep running well for 10+ years, though my guess is that the service costs will be lower than they would've been with the Bambino.

>200 dollars for servicing mechanical watch
What brands are we talking here? I got my russian raketa mechanism fixed (new parts and all) for like 30 bucks. I just can't wrap my head around paying 200 bucks just for servicing.

I suppose it depends on your watchmaker and certainly whether you're getting it serviced at an AD. But I've got to admit $30 for fixing a watch that wasn't working (including new parts) sounds like a bargain to me.

Just the amount of time to take down a watch, clean and reassemble, at 30 bucks your watchmaker is earning very little an hour.

What country are you in?

Is this his job or hobby?

my snda65 has been on the same battery since i bought it 6 years ago.
i've wore this thing almost every day since getting it and i constantly accidently leave the chronograph running, sometimes all day.
And it is like only +1/sec a week, if even.

what sort of fucking battery did seiko put in this thing?

>43mm

Urgh, why is it so fucking gigantic?

It wasn't that big of a fix i guess. It has no water resistance, so the humidity during washing hands got the better of it. I went to small watchmaker place in Poland, where the guy was really into watches and wanted to fix that model. He said that it is quite unique piece (at least from what he usually gets to fix) and he did not want to see it just laying in my drawer. I guess I just got really lucky.

oh, are you sure he actually serviced the movement, and not just put a new gasket in to restore water resistance?

Shouldn't you weebs stay in Cred Forums?

Well I'm not really an expert into this sort of thing, but the new gasket alone wouldn't really help since the crown (the thingy to wind up the watch, im not sure if its proper nomenclature, sorry) got totally stuck.

Hope you don't use any machinery manufactured in Asia to post your battlestation.

Well, after a couple of days of fiddling with the micro adjuster I've got the 52KS Special back under +2 s/d. It's actually showing less amplitude gain on wrist vs off then it did when it was freshly serviced.

Also, still loving the thicker Milanese mesh after I figured out why it used to bug me before (it needed a flatter clasp).

Yeah but even if the crown was seized up you wouldn't need to do a full service to fix that.

Does perlon strap work with a diver?

This anti ETA fag now has me all paranoid

I don't think that the watchmaker would lie about needing some parts replaced. Like i said, it probably wasn't that big of a fix. Either way 30bucks for possibility of wearing this watch is a bargain to me. The point i wanted to make is that 200 bucks for servicing a watch is just a lot of money, and unless the watch has high sentimental value or it's some expensive swiss piece it kinda defeats the purpose since you can get a new orient or seiko for that kind of money.

I'm not saying he didn't replace parts.

Yes, cheap watches are generally considered more disposable because service isn't cheap. That being said I have a co-worker who is still wearing his dead father's Seiko 5. And I know that thing hasn't been serviced ever, and it's like 30 years old. Fact is you can wear a watch without service for a long time, but once it breaks it's mostly just ground itself away into dust inside the case and it's time for a new watch. If you want something to keep forever or pass down to your grandkids then you'll need to get it serviced.

Yeah my grandmother just passed down to me my greatgrandmother's Election from the 40s and a quick look inside doesn't look like it's in very good condition - not looking forward to trying to get it fixed up.

China's global watch trade exists in a paradox. Their total production defines China as the global watch industry's main parts vendor. At the same time, the Chinese have become the largest consumers of completed watches, but not necessarily their own. The people buy back the goods they produce at a higher price than the components they sold.

The Chinese make and sell 98% of the world's watches and watch parts. That includes watchcases, dials, wristbands, movements, crowns and crystals. The Swiss buy and sell a significant amount of China's production.

While the Chinese business accounts for 98% of all watches and parts sold in the world, they only reap 50% of the international income for their efforts.

The Swiss sell 2% of the world's finished watches while remaining the largest customers of the Chinese.

The Swiss reap 50% of the global watch income for their efforts.

China is the largest market for Swiss watches. The Chinese purchase 51% of Switzerland's output.

They were extremely common on divers in the 60s and 70s.

How can I find watches by movement ?

Just typing the movement name into Google doesn't help

This site has a few
watchbase.com/eta/caliber/2892-a2

I have a Speedmaster on brown leather but I'm a bit bored of the look. What looks better with a Speedmaster? Perlon, NATO or racing style drilled brown leather?

Black leather? Croc?

Post the most embarrassing watch you own, by /wt/ standards!

I have one of these.

Holy fuck that's sweet. The case kinda ruins it for me though

How new?

mah nigga, unmatched accuracy and aesthetics

Too late. Just ordered a purple perlon strap. Only ÂŁ6

Then why did even ask you unpatient fuck?

This an ok starter watch? Page says it uses quartz. Is that all I need to know on the technical side?

>Hey guys, TGV here send in your questions.
>TGV
>Train Ă  Grande Vitesse
Huh

More people should shave their arms before modeling their watches.

Reminder:
>strawpoll.de/gbsyc14

Well the perlon is a cheap, temporary brightener. I do intend on spending a bit more on a nice leather strap down the line. That croc strap is nice but a bit dated. I'm not sure I like the ribbing.

Any good recommendations for manufacturers of nice leather straps with nice stitching?

>starter watch
You're thinking into this too much user

Movement design looks okay. Certainly better than the cheapshit SII movements Seiko makes for the chinks.

Just found this, pretty neat imo. Anyone here brushed or blasted their Amphibia?

>same demographic as Beats headphones
That's brutal!

However many old Speedmasters are available used.

Just wanted some tacit way to say I'm a n00b

Thanks. Googled 7N39 but it didn't return anything I understand.

It's.... ..... it's a worldtimer where you have to turn the city wheel by hand because the watch doesn't turn it?

W-what? What is even going on?

You're very confused, user.

This is what's known as a watch. Those two stick things tell the time.

(Swatch Skin SFK398, "Fond de Teint")

It's terrible. You're in the lead so far.

a christmas present from my mother
i had to pretend to like it. now i need to keep hold of it forever incase she ever asks about it.
it probably wasn't cheap, and she isn't exactly rich, so i felt really bad.

Th-thanks, user!

>The people buy back the goods they produce at a higher price than the components they sold.
This is now a general concern at the topmost layers of Chinese government. So they are putting a lot of pressure on kickstarting homegrown industries. At the same time they need foreign knowhow but have limited success in acquiring this in legal manners.

At the same time piracy and IPR theft is at an all time high. Foreign companies have responded by moving high tech related productions out of China and into Vietnam. At the same time insourcing is becoming a thing. This is not helping PRC much in the long run.

next step will likely be massive import tariffs in China while Vietnam is on the up and coming.

Better pic? At least from here, you could have done much, much worse

Looks like DKNY. Those are /fa/ garbage, but normies probably even complliment it.

Does it have a curved caseback? If it does whoever is going to change the battery in it is going to hate your guts and your mothers too.

t. batterymonkey user

Does the city ring serve any purpose at all? Does the watch have a hidden 24 hour hand or something?

I wanna get myself a basic digital Casio, and my first choice is the classic terrorist watch, but I've heard it can be difficult to fit a NATO strap on one. Can any user share their experience with fitting a NATO strap on the F-91W?

it's a dkny fashion watch and really not my style
i don't know what she was thinking god bless her

I think there's a trick of doing it fast in your head. There were many watches like that, especially in the 60's that had a world time bezel, but a standard three-hand movement.

You have to pull out the pins, put the strap in place and insert the pins back above the strap. the gap between the case and the pin is too narrow to just slide a nato strap through.

It's on the bezel, turn it so your time zone is on the hour hand and it tells you what time it is anywhere else.

Where can I buy an Orient Bambino in UK? I can't seem to find any of the silver/white ones.

Sounds like you're describing something like mentioned... can you explain?

Looking for a cheap beater. Is any of pic related good, or are there better options that look similar?

mechanical is a plus, but not essential

What si there to explain? If it's 12 in London and 6 in Chicago, that ratio doesn't change. So say it's 2:45 in Chicago, you line up the bezel appropriately and the London marking will be at 8:45.

Thank you for the fast reply, user.

creationwatches.com usually stock them at a decent price. Pretty fast shipping too.

>Timex Weekender

Yeah I bought one of those too in the hopes of using it as a daily driver. The thing they don't tell you is it's the FUCKING LOUDEST WATCH IN THE WORLD GOD DAMN.

I've been using an explorer now for 3 years and it's working great. The band is a piece of shit, I just ordered a metal link band to replace it though.

Thanks, but they currently don't have any of the silver with white face, they do seem quite rare from what I've seen :/

>Those little pudgy baby arms

>Fond de Teint

An adequate descriptor for the homosexuals that would wear this watch.

>timex are loud
that's common watch knowledge.
how could you not have heard that before?
it's probably what they are most famous for.

My explorer's pretty quiet.

I like it /wt/ bros

These cases are always sold out

shop.wornandwound.com/collections/cases

Any similar alternatives?

i own one too you dumb lying hairy shit
it has the same movement as the weekender
it's in the other room and i can hear it ticking now

Any one?

Are power reserve modules worth it? Are they usually desirable?

Or should I go for the regular acrylic 356?

Parnis watches, go or no go?

I really like the aesthetic of the watches and they are cheap, but how is the quality?

amazon.com/Leather-Organizer-Handmade-Hide-Drink/dp/B01K4Y1RIA/ref=sr_1_23?ie=UTF8&qid=1474836793&sr=8-23&keywords=watch roll

no go

Mine's literally on my arm right now in a quiet room and I can't hear it ticking.

Also
>not being hairy

Thanks

it's cheap chinese shit
it's not even a real brand
several chinese shitwatch factories use the name parnis as it has no IP

Thanks for the suggestion. Sligthly overpriced for what it is.

The 356 is nicer looking.
The step to a used IWC chrono (also 7750) is not extreme, so you may want to consider that

What watch is this a copy of? aliexpress.com/store/product/aaa-Asking-Formula-F1-Schumacher-Chronograph-movement-watch-men-a-commemorative-watch-1887-free-shipping/2300071_32732751923.html

and this aliexpress.com/store/product/The-2016-men-s-luxury-watches-yellow-high-quality-Watch-Strap-Watch/2300071_32727279019.html

what does /wt think of the datejust w/ the jubilee strap?

wrong picture but very similar watch

Look at the watch again, user.... if I put the Chicago at 2:45, the "London" will be at 5:45.

Thinking about buying a smart watch. Talk me out of it /wt/

it's a fad
no one will be wearing one in a year or so

If you regularly work out or do a lot of sports and stuff and you think you'd use it, go for it lad.

Merely thinking about it makes you a flaming retard

You're beyond redemption

People have been wearing them for a few years now.

That's one of the reasons. Changing songs with my phone while running is kind of a hassle. Plus I'm an android developer so it'd be nice to make some of my apps watch compatible.

I don't want to look retarded wearing one is all. Same reason I didn't buy a Google glass when that came out.

If you want one get one. Get the huawei; it kind of looks like a watch.

Ye, I get that. If I was you I'd get one, since you're a developer.

looks Tag-ish

As a confirmed faggot who wears a watch on one wrist and my Pebble on the other: doitdoitdoit. You can't go back. Having notifications on your wrist alone is worth it. You know that old argument about wearing a watch so you don't have to pull out your watch to check the time? It's that times 10000. Get the new Pebble, they have the best battery life (makes a huge difference to usability).

Model #?

>wears a watch on one wrist and my Pebble on the other

I got one a few months back.

+Looks great.
+Seagull movement. Surprisingly accurate.
+Cheap as hell.

-The applied markers are wonky. Some of them are different heights than the others.
-The strap is total shit.
-There is something slightly wrong with the watch. If I tilt it towards me, the seconds hand stops ticking, but the watch is still going and keeping time.

Overall, I wouldn't recommend them unless you really want a Panerai "homage". Hamilton makes a better Portuguese look-alike, which I'll be buying soon TM. Can't really complain for 100 bucks, though.

I have pebble time steel and thinking about getting a used Apple Watch. How does that make you feel?

Acrylic or Sapphire?

Which one do you people prefer?

Sapphire.

Whichever has a nice tall dome.

Acrylic then?

Doesn't it worry you about the scratches?

Not really, there's always polywatch if it gets scratched.

>Can't really complain for 100 bucks, though.
Except you could have gotten a seagull with a ST2130 for $118.

I have this, got it as a gift from papi, dont know price though.

You can get a used Snowflake for $3,000? Isn't that like 50% drop from the MSRP?

He wont be able to get one for 3K AUD unless he's found some amazing deals, because that's like 2.2k USD.

I think they can be gotten for $3750-4k USD pre-owned. MSRP is $5500 but I would guess many pay closer to 4,900 - 5k unless they're buying at the boutique.

It's well known that Jap brands don't hold their value well. Besides, GS doesn't have the longevity of Tudor/Rolex since Seiko doesn't support their older GS models.

>$3750-4k

Fuck that deßü.

Those are great watches but it's just way too much for a used watch.

Wanting to get a formal watch. Looking at Casio's stainless steel series digital watches, otherwise I have heard great things about Seiko watches. Does anyone have any recommendations? My budget would be less than $500 preferably but I'd spend more if there was a watch I really couldn't resist.

Also, are "smartwatches" memes that I should stay away from? Some of the technology like heart rates and steps taken could be nice? I guess my phone does that though...

Ill buy it from you if you want.
No jokes

What would /wt/ recommend for me to buy. Currently have a smartwatch but I'd love a traditional watch too.

Hey /wt/ any fellow ausfags know if Multiband 6 works in Australia?

How much?

No. The 3 of the 6 bands are in Asia (Japan, Japan, China) 2 in Europe (UK, Germany) 1 in USA (Colorado)

who here fell for the bronze meme?
thinking of getting this

breitling superocean heritage

Waiting for the bronze version of this($425), because I can't afford the read one. I don't think I needed to explain what this watch is supposed to look like.

My mum and dad wear datejusts Almost daily for most than a de ade and they are pretty nice. It's amazing how these watches don't age at all, pretty solid and classic.

*decade

Here my dad's datejust compared to my SARB, which is not of a much worse quality and it's just a fraction of the price.

Black Bay is a living meme legend, pure class meme my friends
[Tipping Fedore Intensifies]

No honestly stay the fuck away from tudor and get a speedmaster.

Also that seiko will be fucked when it needs repairs, might as well throw it in the trash since repair cost will be more than a Rollies!

This post is accurate if you know anything about the watchworld

Also where my Orient bros at?

I sold my graduation gift, not a single fuck was given but ofc I had it for a few years before.

You must be adopted, since your parents must be sandniggers with those watches.

this

Definitely the clown watch.

>implying

We are Spanish, so it's ok. Stay mad, "white" Anglo boy :^)

Why would I be mad?
And what does Anglo mean?

Tasteless fucking shitters, what do you cunts do for a living? Drive a garbage truck?

good

Sup guys, my trusty Amphibia's main spring seems to have given up(doesn't wind up anymore, if I shake it the watch the hands move for a while). I figure it might take too much money to get it fixed, so I'm thinking of getting new one(possibly SE model). I kinda figured that if I have a broken Amphibia at hand, I might as well give it a shot fixing it. Would this be somewhat feasible to do for someone wiith steady hands and willingness to learn?

End your life m8

Why isn't mechanical already obsolete when it's 100x the price for 1/100x the accuracy??

In short:
Because mechanical movements is where the beauty of watchmaking lies in.
If you Think you won't ever be able to understand this, keep buying Fossils and don't come back please.

Kys and take your shitposting with you.

rate this shitter carepackage i got today kek

0/10, wouldn't even accept as a gift. What are you gonna do with this pile of commie and poo2loo brass dogshit?
Spending the money on a couple of beers would have been a better decision imo.

He is right though. I have never seen so much dogshit on a /wt/ thread before and I've been around 3 years already.

Guys I a need a gold (plated) watch for them bitches (Scientifically Proven™).

Heres two of my choices but if you have anything to add please do but keep it cheap

The structure of a computer chip is far more complex and intricate than a mechanical watch. You are only ignorant to the former sublime beauty.

He didn't make a claim about complexity

are you denying that the complexity is part of the appeal??

to be fair if the watch is hand made that's where one can appreciate the beauty of its complexity.

Is an panerai Cred Forums approved?

What you paid for it, plus shipping, you will have to pay shipping to return it so it should work out better for you.

SKX. who cares about the refresh. Long island watch has skx7 for under 200.

>2k16
>pulling your phone out of your pocket

Makes me feel like you'll get half a day's charge at best with a used battery while I'll be sliding away with my OG Pebble macking on hoes

That's definitely orange.

It depends on who you ask, I recall someone on here saying they don't post theirs anymore because of hate, but they aren't that bad

People problems with them aren't exactly caused that they are overpriced, it is that they are big, they literally used Rolex pocket watch cases in the past

People also have a problem with them because they use to be a mid tier brand, but a new took over and marketed them as luxury watches, with a price increase and not much (if any, I'm unsure) of a quality increase

But I personally like the look of them and have a big enough wrist to wear one. Would I buy one? No I wouldn't, if I had a substansial amount of money, I probably would

Don't let the opinion of anyone (especially me) influence you too much

Patina level: Antikythera Mechanism

Which square watch is the most iconic?
JLC Reverso or Cartier Tank?

>Is the literal ur-example of the totally marketing driven brand inflation of some mediocre maker of oversized, tasteless, bargain basement Unitas 6497 powered pleb catchers for several thousand dollars /wt/ approved?

Gee I wonder?

While I prefer the JLC Reverso, I'd say that the Tank is the most iconic.

Tank is more iconic

I'm getting one from Aliexpress

Tank is more recognizable among the general public, but there's certainly more watch cred from the reverso, as Cartier doesn't compare favorably to JLC, like, at all.

pic related is for you

>Is an panerai Cred Forums approved?
On about the same level as B&R

>totally marketing driven brand inflation
That is actually a well tried method in cosmetics for certain brands like Elizabeth Arden. Low sales? Just ramp up the price until sales take off! And it works. Every time.

Could it be then that the new management at Panerai comes from cosmetics?

Mah Orient Niggas

Orient Prime in black and white

Who is that guy??

One day...

What is the most accurate digital watch under $30?

If you have to ask you cant afford it, pal

>trusty Amphibia
>vostok
>trusty

when will this meme die
they are literally worse build quality than chinese watches

>he wants to buy another one

how many will you buy just for them to break after a few months before you realise they are complete garbage?

At least the winding mechanism is more reliable that ETA.

Too big for me, oh god its tearing me apart uguu~

I've had mine for 3 years now. Still works perfectly.

nice anecdote

Well, I spent two weeks manually regulating my 4R36 movement in my Seiko SARY055 and after this full week and 4 different positions, I got it running at -1.5 seconds per day. I would say this is a pleasant success. Anyone else care to share their story?

My god, is that a potted plant I see?

Beyond initial QC issues which are quickly apparent, and extreme abuse, there is no reason a Vostok would stop working within a decade or more. Build quality is fine when the robust design itself makes up for it. Vostok isn't as high volume as the Chinese, so at least some extra personal care is given for the movements of the same price tier.

several potted plants
mostly herbs for cooking
that's an almost dead mint plant in the immediate background.
don't worry, it's now in good health.

This looks fucking expensive
>it costs 70$ or so
Should I put in my order for ONE SINGLE DOSE OF JAPANESE GENTLEMANS WATCH?

the four with the stars are for a friend that wanted them. the other two i bought out of curiousity. i actually really like the tiny vostok alot. its nice and small and comfy.

this is for

I want both, is is plausible to own both? Which one should I get first?

Why don't people post their collections with shitty cameras anymore?

because now we have good cameras

NATO/10

>Steinshit owner
>Collection full of shitters

What a coincidence!

Laughing_whores.jpg

one is a zulu
do you even one piece strap m8

dailymail.co.uk/travel/travel_news/article-3807529/First-class-upgrades-dinner-invites-amorous-women-One-traveler-reveals-far-wearing-expensive-WATCH-you.html

That's sponsored content, right?

They say the company name every fucking sentence.

Second favorite watch ive owned (started wearing watches last summer)
Favorite was actually cheaper but i gave it to ex-gf when we were still together on a whim.
>only other watch now is an Orient Bambino
>tfw the Orient loses over a minute per week and isnt really hackable

>wearing a BP 50 faggots gets you bitches
yeah right

damn that's a sexy acutron.

how much did you cop it for?

around 200 eur iirc