I'd love newer versions of windows if it didnt give me weeb shit like this...

I'd love newer versions of windows if it didnt give me weeb shit like this. BSODs used to mean detailed readouts of errors, now its just

>oopies! xD something went wrong >.

Other urls found in this thread:

neowin.net/forum/topic/473004-how-to-change-bsod-error-messages/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_protection_fault
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I think there's a way to see the old code BSOD screen, user, but I could be mistaken. That's why I'm sticking with 7 over 8.1 and 10's meme shit.

detailed readouts are still there
just not on bsod screen
they're now tucked away in error report files

So what you're really saying is that you're too retarded to read the event log, or even the line of text at the bottom?

Got it.

yeah because waiting until my computer restarts and boots into windows so i can search for the error log and skim through it is WAY faster than just seeing the error up front

>I hate that a mainstream OS is catering to a mainstream audience

Shame on me for taking this retarded bait.

If you want detail then it is still better than a macOS kernel panic

does 'collecting some error info' include dumping all of your ram to disk?

usually there is more text in the background that tells you what went to shit. At least there is on my TiBook.

>mainstream

so what was microsoft doing during windows 7? XP?

you also cant hit f8 on startup to boot into safemood

instead you have to let it boot to the login screen, then hit shift when selecting the power/restart button, then select safemode

they claim this is because it boots too fast for the user to hit f8, which is a crock of shit

Failing at appealing to the average user. This is not complicated, user. The average user sees a bunch of fucking error codes and freaks out. A "wish sorry about that :(" message is much less frightening. Yes it is retarded, but so is the average computer user.

This is quite possibly the most pseudo intellectual bullshit I have ever read on this site.

You must be really fucking new then

As if you could make sense of a BSOD.

If you see one, all you need to know is that your hardware is faulty or a driver fucked up.

neowin.net/forum/topic/473004-how-to-change-bsod-error-messages/
This worked for Windows XP, so it may work for others.
There used to be some more detailed webpage on the topic but I'm having a hard time finding it. I'm pretty sure it went into detail about how you could do other things (like having buttons on the screen to launch your custom tools).

Be forewarned
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_protection_fault
"If the processor detects a protection violation, it stops executing the code and sends a GPF interrupt. In most cases the operating system removes the failing process from the execution queue, signals the user, and continues executing other processes. If, however, the operating system fails to catch the general protection fault, i.e. another protection violation occurs before the operating system returns from the previous GPF interrupt, the processor signals a double fault, stopping the operating system. If yet another failure (triple fault) occurs, the processor stops working and only responds to a reset"

Don't fuck up the OS's ability to catch GPF interrupts or you won't even be able to get memory dumps anymore.

>botnet dicks around in your pc for 20ish minutes to further inconvenience you
I use Debian. If something goes wrong I can just restart without starting at hipster bullshit like a tard.

windows is great

You need your pc anyways to google the error. shut up now.

>If you see one, all you need to know is that your hardware is faulty or a driver fucked up.
The ones you don't see are OS ones.

What is blue screen viewer?