>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Use the buyer's template
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com

Other urls found in this thread:

mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1427
banggood.com/pt/APP-Control-Anne-PRO-Blue-Red-Switch-RGB-Bluetooth-Mechanical-Gaming-Keyboard-p-1064055.html
youtube.com/watch?v=mJ1fsALtGXo
pimpmykeyboard.com/g20-sublimated-sets/)
amazon.com/gp/product/B01IHVN4GA/
aliexpress.com/item/Gateron-Shaft-Noppoo-Choc-Mini-84-POM-Black-Keycaps-Wired-Gaming-Keyboard-Red-Black-Blue-Brown/32447217479.html
aliexpress.com/store/product/kailhshit/818123_32282364912.html
originativeco.com/products/tada68
mechanicalkeyboards.com/search.php
ebay.com/itm/NEW-RJ45-to-USB-Soarers-Converter-Model-M-Terminal-Keyboard-Remapping-Macros-/281476431381?hash=item41894d7e15:g:wwYAAOSwF1dUSZVm
ldlc.com/
ldlc.com/fiche/PB00208628.html
mechanicalkeyboards.com/
amzn.com/B00W02J7Y6
pimpmykeyboard.com/dsa-granite-keyset/
instagram.com/vortexgear/
ebay.com/itm/HHKB-Mechanical-Keyboard-DIY-Kit-Customized-Set-SANTA-GH60-PCB-MX-Switch-For-60-/182280087498?var=&hash=item2a70bd67ca:m:mpSYHwBb8Fx_an2nzdo2fBQ
amazon.com/TOMOKO-Mechanical-Keyboard-Water-Resistant-Anti-ghosting/dp/B01DBJTZU2
amazon.com/TOMOKO-Mechanical-Keyboard-Resistant-Anti-ghosting/dp/B01IHVN4GA/ref=sr_1_2?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1474858775&sr=1-2&keywords=tomoko 87 key black switch
youtube.com/watch?v=VtyQ0M0yE2k
mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1945
wasdkeyboards.com/index.php/products/keycap-set/pbt-104-key-cherry-mx-keycap-set-gray-top-print.html
gaming.logitech.com/en-us/product/g213-rgb-gaming-keyboard
aliexpress.com/item/Hot-Sublimation-keycaps-Korean-characters-104-PBT-Keycap-OEM-Profile-For-Cherry-MX-Switches-Mechanical-Keyboard/32693084850.html?spm=2114.01010208.3.1.3n4bT1&ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_0,searchweb201602_5_10057_10056_10065_10068_10055_10067_10054_10069_10059_10058_418_10073_10017_10070_10060_10061_10052_10062_10053_10050_10051,searchweb201603_7&btsid=13104a42-a5d6-4bef-8e38-9568ada75fdb
pckeyboard.com/page/category/UltraClassic
pimpmykeyboard.com/dsa-sublimated-keycap-sets/
pimpmykeyboard.com/g20-sublimated-sets/
ncix.com/detail/ducky-one-tkl-brown-cherry-2a-133279.htm
massdrop.com/buy/v80-tkl-mechanical-keyboard
mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1365
mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=522
mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1241
aliexpress.com/item/Plum-plum-108-rgb-35-45-realforce-capacitor-keyboard/32737960095.html
mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=987
modelfkeyboards.com/product/f62-model-f-keyboard-kishsaver-ultra-compact/
youtube.com/watch?v=vEtR0Nuf3jM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Previous thread -

Mechanical meme boards need to gtfo because there is literally no benefit to using them over some cheap $12 rubberdome

Faggots

Why do you care enough to post in this thread. Even if mechanical keyboards get popular they will never displace cheap crap.

They will only bring down the price of the trash you buy and end up covering with cheeto dust and autistic tears.
>hurr keyboards only last me a month guys why would you spend so much on one?

you can get mechanical keyboards for 30 bucks now thanks to the chinks. Besides can your rubber dome deafen an entire classroom?
I though not

tfw my keyboard looks like this (not quite as bad though) but im too lazy to clean that shit out

You need to pick up some Head and Shoulders.

Anyone tried the Tomoko TKL chinkboard? It's on amazon for $35.

Would prefer a 60%, but for a first mech kb it might be ok.

can i get an ID on this keycap set

The MPOW one is actually the same exact keyboard but for $31

Also, if you prefer a 60% keyboard, get the Magicforce (pic related) on amazon for $40, it also has more switch options (Browns, Blacks, Blues, and iirc Reds).

Looks like an imsto cherry profile thick PBT set.

thanks my dude

How do the OUTEMU switches compare to something like Razer green? I went to a best buy to see what they had, but only Razer products as I expected. But the green felt nice.

What's the verdict these days on Topre clones?

Razer greens are just kailh clicky switches.
so any blue switch from any cherry clones would give a similar feel. Cherry's is nice and light, gateron is smoother then cherry, and Outemu is more of an intermediate switch between cherry greens and blues. Kailh is just a cheap switch that belong on bargain bin keyboards.

I can't tell you exactly because I've never used a razer keyboard, but iirc the razer green switches are a clicky switch, so if you liked the feel of the green switches, you would probably also like the outemu blue or brown switches

So you wouldn't recommend the royal kludge:
mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1427
Seems like a decent deal.

I may just buy the mpow and return it if I don't like it. I am not sure how much I care about LEDs. Theyd be nice for night use, but not a necessity.
Yeah, they were clicky. Thanks, this is comforting.

banggood.com/pt/APP-Control-Anne-PRO-Blue-Red-Switch-RGB-Bluetooth-Mechanical-Gaming-Keyboard-p-1064055.html
Who's going to take this bait?

$60 is at the top of bargain bin point and I would recommend it since %60 keyboards will always be more expensive then full size ones. There is nothing wrong with Kailh switches, its just that the don't have quality control as good as the other brands

whats wrong with it?

Lack of information about it (qc and shit), but seems pretty good for its price.

It's real some guy made a video on ityoutube.com/watch?v=mJ1fsALtGXo

youtube.com/watch?v=mJ1fsALtGXo

are there any spherical keycap sets available on chinksites (or any) for quite cheap? would like white or off white with grey function keys. im willing to guinea pig some from taobao/ali/etc if someone gives me a link and i'll make a review here

>are there any spherical keycap sets available on chinksites (or any) for quite cheap?
nope

ok, ill do without

if anyone finds any nice looking chink keycaps (similar to this style, I like these too: pimpmykeyboard.com/g20-sublimated-sets/) post them and I'll consider guinea pigging and making a review here

thanks

Fuck, now I don't now if I should buy it or a Noppoo Nano 75-s.

What switch would be "best" in games where you need to smash keys like osu?

you need to change those caps ASAP

a linear switch I guess

Linear maybe. Just get whatever switches you like best.

Ehhh I think I can live with them for the time being. Maybe in a few months.

Well that does conclude the answer

Does anybody here have a TOMOKO mechanical keyboard? Would you recommend it?

this:
amazon.com/gp/product/B01IHVN4GA/

This keyboard seems perfect to me, it's the kind of keyboard that I've wanted.

1.) It has that style you see in these threads a lot where I assume it's easy to clean since there's no trench for hair / dirt to gather and I can just shoot an air compressor at the sides under the keys

2.) Full-sized keyboard with numpad, a most for me since having a numpad is crucial for Blender 3D.

3.) only $58, not super expensive.

Is it a shit keyboard though? It's the perfect kind of keyboard that I want.

step up your game senpai

we get it
you're too poor to afford luxuries in life

We get it you vape

you can do better than that

Just pulled the trigger myself.

The only downside is that it's only available in MX blue knockoff switches.

We get it you boast about your material items on an anonymous imageboard about anime because you are lonely and have no friends

I guess that's better

>$12 rubberdome
there are a few old rubberdome keyboards that are descent, but a $12 one will fill like shit

If you go to pawnshops they have a lot of older dome keyboards that are good

So, I'm about to do the clipping mod for these shitty cherry stabilizers, hope I'm not being memed. Wish me luck Cred Forums

Spend that money on a better carpet.

I just ordered a $40 chink keyboard with allegedly blue switches
Did I blow it? I just wanted to not drop too much dime on my first keyboard purchase in 10 years just to see if I like it
I ordered it because I have no impulse control on amazon when I've been drinking fyi

thanks for inspiring me to clean my keyboard op

hasn't been cleaned since january 2011 btw

does anyone have protips for cleaning the keycaps?

>does anyone have protips for cleaning the keycaps?

Throw them in the trash and put new ones on

and stop masturbating on your keyboard you fucking self-control-less slob

take the keycaps in a barely warm bath soaking in soap, then vaccum the keyboard entierly. use q-tips or swabs to clean inbetween the switches, after the keycaps have soaked for a while you take them out and dry them for at least 12-24 hours.

If that's the lingbao it has Kailh blue switches so they'll be scratchier and less consistent than Cherries. Also the keycaps are ABS barely thicker than cling wrap.

>phone post
>battery not nearly empty

I didn't realize that was a thing that actually happens.

also if you have try to wash them with something like this, get something smooth so you wont scratch the keycaps

>masturbating on your keyboard you fucking self-control-less slob

people do this?

thanks for the suggestions peeps i'll post an update soon

Would you say it's decent enough to get a feel for a mechanical keyboard?
If I like it I'll end up buying a nicer one eventually

It'll do that at least.

Try to stop before getting into custom vintage switch ALPS boards though. Shit's expensive.

Just don't fuck it up, and they should feel much less mushy than stock.

W2C GOOD BRAIDED USB CABLES

yes or

aliexpress.com/item/Gateron-Shaft-Noppoo-Choc-Mini-84-POM-Black-Keycaps-Wired-Gaming-Keyboard-Red-Black-Blue-Brown/32447217479.html

Just finished, they feel great now. Why the fuck Cherry puts that shit there? it's completely useless and annoying.

that's nasty

The choc mini has dedicated arrow keys, but the space bar is impossible to replace. A better choice would be the keycool 84, but it has kailh switches.
aliexpress.com/store/product/kailhshit/818123_32282364912.html

If you don't really use the F keys, then I recommend the tada68. The barebones model is $79 with gaterons, or $109 with mod switches.
originativeco.com/products/tada68

tada68 > keycool > nano > choc mini

choc mini has nice and thicc stock caps tho and you can get the nano if you want replaceable keycaps

>not using the F keys
lol

What I meant was dedicated F keys. Smaller keyboards usually have F keys in the function layer.

it depends on your use case but if you don't need it to be as small as possible for portability or something then having dedicated keys isn't usually a bad thing

Is the cm storm rapid-i brown a good enough cherry mx starter board? I don't have alot of options because most involve 50$ shipping for me.

I've currently got a Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2016 (got it for free, otherwise it's a $200 AUD keyboard)
I want another keyboard, probably cherry brown-tier, I don't want a super noisy cherry blue (or in current case, razer green), so what are some other keyboards?

>non-silent, but still kinda clicky
>preferably green backlighting
>doesn't matter whether it has the numpad
>not super fancy

Starter boards are about as retarded an idea as starter mice or starter chairs. Your first mechanical keyboard is incidentally the one you started with, you shouldn't choose a keyboard because you think it would be good to start with, that's just wasting money.

That's true, I use a TKL myself, but I don't really like the look of the separated F keys on the nano, and I value the option to change out keycaps a lot. So a keycool 84 with gateron or cherry switches would be ideal, but they're only sold with kailh.

What Cherry style switches are and aren't worth using? I've heard good things on Zealios and Gaterons, bad on Kailh, and Cherry is, well, it's Cherry, so it's okay. What am I missing? I know there's at least another style that came out recently, and some other budget one that I'm forgetting.

I chuck em in a container with denture tablets. They end up smelling minty but at least they're clean

It's pretty nerve wrecking to remove the keys from a chiclet board.

But out of all this, I just managed to break 1 piece out of 8 in a keycap, out of every single keycap.

That's pretty amazing.

Keyboards with LED's are a meme right?

no

How is ricing your keyboard not a meme?

Serious question.

it's not any more rice than non-backlit keycap sets

it serves a functional purpose, makes it easier to see the keyboard layout, and this doesn't mean that it's only for people who can't touch type, it helps your hand-eye coordination when you're not looking at it directly as well or for example when your hands are off the keyboard and you throw a glance at it to place your hands on it as quickly as possible using your hand-eye coordination

like look at the F keys at the top, the color pattern helps you hit F5 or whatever, and the red color helps you hit delete (even if you don't look at it directly and it's just in your peripheral vision), it's not weirder than having a colored keycap set, but backlit keys are easier to see in the dark

I guess it makes sense to draw attention to some keys, but those keyboard with a single LED color for the entire board still seem pointless?

RGB is preferable imo but a single color can still useful especially with black/dark keys in a dark environment

Should I do it?

sure

Ordered. 40$ from Amazon.

Yeah, but sadly Keycool 84 with kailh is a huge downside.
I guess I'm going with a Noppoo Nano and an Anne Pro.

what advice does Cred Forums have on blue vs brown switches? (cherry mx)

This is pretty cute, user.
Sadly can't find one that ships to my country.

blue are clicky brown are not

I recommend blues over browns personally
I love how blues type over browns
Although people say browns have a bump I see it more are sandy linear

Have to agree, I made the mistake to go from blue to brown.
I didn't care for the click, but the overall feel of browns suck.

While what you're saying makes sense from one point of view, you could view it as testing the waters. Many people don't have the financial luxury to drop >$100 on a keyboard because they think they might like it. Rather, they would prefer to spend a smaller amount on a keyboard that gives the feel of mechs without the added cost that more customizeability or features would add. If they buy a $80 keyboard and don't like it, it's less money spent on a dead end hobby for them.

I bought a Ducky Shine 5 with Brown Switches, it's nice but my typing speed is about 30WPM slower out of the box. Will I get used to it?

Yes you will. Depending on how much you type and how you type. Ducky makes nice boards, I like them.
Enjoy your typing

>Dell AT101W for sale on ebay
>labled RARE VINTAGE
>charging $80 bucks
>not even unused
Burn ebay to the ground

It's not ebay's fault, it's the scumbags who pull this "RARE VINTAGE L@@K" type shit

Blame capitalism

ebay is fucking cancer with its extremely jewish policies which ensure that mostly only the plebbiest fucking halfwits sell on ebay, most sellers are fucking horrible to deal with

if you type around other people dont get blue

Let us know how it is.

kbd is good, the keycaps could be better, but at that price it is hard to resist. Build quality is "solid" according to many out there. As mentioned though, the keycaps are garbage. You'll want to get some new keycaps for that, something like Tai-Hao ones. Otherwise, a solid starter board.

>dell bigfoot
>rare

it was a black version

blues it is, thanks anons

Also made by the million.

are Dell AT101w with black alps worth is for 20 dollars? also does anyone have a Alps infographics?

Max or WASD?
Both offer ABS/UV print and about the same price.

Reminder that the balding Brit is to blame for this.

They're a few bucks at thrift stores but $20 could be worth just for the convenience to get it w/o searching. Alps black > cherry brown

The guy has good videos at least

Hes a nice guys dont blame him

he's not britsh he's danish

wtf he sounds really british

Heh, I just saw that on Amazon. I was thinking about it.

For anyone interested, it's the LINGBAO JIGUANSHI Gaming Keyboard

>Budget
$150
>Location
USA
>Preferred switch type
Cherry MX Clear
>Layout
ANSI
>Form factor
Anything under full-sized
>Backlight
Preferred but not necessary
>Previous/current keyboards
Poker3 with cherry mx blues, das 4c with browns. I want something in between the two, and I think clears are the best bet. Is it a waste to just get another poker3? Kinda wondering what else is out there.

do you like hhkb layout

Does anyone know anything about variable weighted Realforces? Can get one for US$160 new. I already have the 30g Realforce and HHKB Type-S.

I think I would prefer having the control key where it normally is. On my poker, I change the caps lock to the function key and it works out nicely.

Just fill the filters at the top and pick one you like
mechanicalkeyboards.com/search.php

>like 60% keyboards
>buy switch tester
>like topre - buy hhkb
>like browns - buy ???

what do

Hmmm... Poker3 it is then. Maybe I'll get the other color.

this and I'm curious too. I've never used one. I don't know if they're worth the money. I'm waiting for them to lower prices : /

Go this recently. Wondering if you know what switches it has? Looks like Cherry whites to me, but they don't have the Cherry logo so is it just Chink copies?
They are both clicky and tactile.

aristotle switches
knockoff cherrys

>what do
buy something that isn't browns.

This board is a b i t c h to clean

is right

Funny. This model is known to have blues you should send this information to deskthority under Qtronix kt-30

So, Cred Forums, where the fuck do you get clears in europe?
What i want is a fullsize kb with iso layout and, if possible, one color of backlite (because i'm a blind fuck).
What website do my eurofriends use?

Thanks
Is it even the same model though, this just seems like a knockoff. I mean that one is called Qtronix KT-30, and mine is called Scorpius 35.

Are these compatible with PS/2 connections?

I mean, if I solder a PS/2 cable onto it, will it work or is the data incompatible?

It seems to be a terminal keyboard with a RJ47 plug.

>you should send this information to deskthority under Qtronix kt-30
this please, we need as much help as we can get documenting on vintage keyboards

nah, you need an active converter
ebay.com/itm/NEW-RJ45-to-USB-Soarers-Converter-Model-M-Terminal-Keyboard-Remapping-Macros-/281476431381?hash=item41894d7e15:g:wwYAAOSwF1dUSZVm

Provide the information to deskthority let someone maybe on the forum help you. someone knows what to do

The keyboard is produced by ione the only thing different is branding on it. They also made razer boards and such, brandnames sell items they dont make them.

Seems like a lot of work, but if I do it how do I provide them with the info? Just make a forum post about it?

Hi /mkg/ I need a new keyboard

>Budget
Up to 200€ but can stretch a little more if needed
>Location
France
>Preferred switch type
Had brown until now, want to try something new. Not really decided between red or black any advice would be nice.
>Layout
Need an AZERTY keyboard
>Form factor
Full or tenkeyless, don't really care for numpad but want arrows.
>Backlight
Yes as I'm likely to use it while it's dark
After 3 years of service, I just spilled some tea on my tesoro durandal ultimate (first and only time I bring any fluid near my computer). I'm letting it dry right now but it's more than likely dead so I need a new keyboard asap.
I liked it a lot but would like to change. Also would like to have anti ghosting on the new one.
I'm ordering it tomorrow if mine don't work until the.

Is there anybody that makes custom Model M keys? I mean for like an entire keyboard (black with white lettering).

I could help you, as in I can do it for you if you cant be bothered with it. But you own the board so you seem like the better person to provide information.

What I think is the country you are from has another layout. So a company in your country ordered those board from ione specially with that layout and to lower the cost (as they are not so big) they used knockoff mx instead of cherry mx. Or ione had to lower the cost from specially making that layout with cost more to make so they put those switches in that model.

Cant be sure but that are my thought.
Anyway lovely board how do the switches type?

I can probably fix it, but I wonder where I would start that thread so that the people that care would find it?

>Anyway lovely board how do the switches type?
Feels good, but it's my first mechanical so I don't real have anything to compare it to.
Don't use it at the moment though since it makes pretty much noise and I don't live alone. Can you get some o-rings or something to reduce the noise?

Also I got it for free from a basket with old technology at my university, so that was nice.

Blue or brown?

user if you are still there ldlc.com/ sells azerty keyboards

I'm monitoring the thread, thank you.
Had my last keyboard from there, I may go for a ducky this time.

While it doesn't have a backlight the PBT dye-sub keycaps are a nice alternative
ldlc.com/fiche/PB00208628.html

Just got a white pok3r with clear switches, pretty nice upgrade from the rosewill rk-9000 with blues that I had before

I see Granite keycaps are hard to come by, is there anything similar out right now?

>I see Granite keycaps are hard to come by, is there anything similar out right now

Do you mean the color scheme or the profile of the keycaps?

Where'd you order it from user? Looking to upgrade myself.

mechanicalkeyboards.com/
They carry some pok3rs

the colorscheme would be nice but mainly the profile

amzn.com/B00W02J7Y6

the color scheme is pretty generic. Its just the classical White with grey modifiers. Ducky sells some thick PBT keycaps in that color scheme, but the granite profile is only available from SP

Free shipping too, from the looks of it. Thanks user.

>I see Granite keycaps are hard to come by
no, if you're ready to drop over $100 it looks like you can get them right now from pmk
pimpmykeyboard.com/dsa-granite-keyset/

Sculpted SA > DSA. Just saiyan.

unicomp buckling spring here

SA isn't fully in PBT just row 3, but they are working on it. Hopefully by the end of next year they can get their tooling down

Rows 2 and 4 on SA are essentially identical, so that should help at least. Wake me up when there's a fully sculpted PBT SA granite set.

thanks user, I'll check out ducky out

heh, well thanks for the link user, but that may be a bit much for a keyset

Is the teensy loader free software?

Easiest way to clean that out is just to get canned air, blow all that shit out preferably with a vacuum to suck it up as you go, got 99.9% of it out for me apart from a couple of stuck hairs.

Far better than trying to be delicate and wipe/pick it out.

the cli version looks like it is
i can't find anything on the graphic one though

i'd be careful with getting those. the last granite group buy on massdrop (before they started selling on PMK) had an issue where pretty much all 1.25u caps were twisted so they were misaligned when actually placed on the keyboard.

it's looking like the replacements still have that issue.

Vortex has sculpted SA PBT ready, just not sure if they are dyesubing the sets yet.

MOQ for custom orders is ridiculously hight tho, 1k sets minimum.

How good is the POK3R with MX Clears?

Got a link m8?

Not him but I found SA double shot ABS keycaps around $70 for a full set, but they look ugly

It was posted on their instagram: instagram.com/vortexgear/

Sets are not for sale yet.

Not from signature plastics? Highly unlikely.

Neat. Now if only they'd eventually sell ergodox addon kits.

Its not from SA, but they do look pretty close

Oh, the spherical Filco sets. Yeah, they are made by signature plastics.

iirc motospeed is cheaper, but that one looks much better, and the keycaps dont induce eye cancer.

Sa looks really good why isn't it the standard

There's a good number of SA profile groupbuys lately. Too bad they're either all row 3 or lacking the ergodox keys I'd use, or I'd get more sets.

>want 60%
>hhkb keys not meaty enough

KBP V60 w/Matias switches? Y/N

I just which they would get cheaper. I'd happily pay $60 for a full set. I wonder why some Chinese manufactures don't copy them. They are clearly popular just look at the one on Massdrop; 1200+ purchases in the first 2 days with 14 more to go. Its clear that there is a demand for these keycaps so why won't rip offs start showing up.

What do you all have against numpads?

Sure

Or you could try this
ebay.com/itm/HHKB-Mechanical-Keyboard-DIY-Kit-Customized-Set-SANTA-GH60-PCB-MX-Switch-For-60-/182280087498?var=&hash=item2a70bd67ca:m:mpSYHwBb8Fx_an2nzdo2fBQ

>MX switches

Gross.

You'd probably need a huge run (tens of thousands I'm guessing) in order to bring the price for a full set down to that level. Of course depending on how complicated the set is.

it's a pcb you can put any switch you want they also have a gateron option

there's a thing called a return policy, we have it literally everywhere in the first world, you should check it out.

Alps and MX have different leg positions. They are not interchangeable unless the PCB was very specifically made to be so.

manlets like them because they can comfortably move their mouse around.

I didn't know you wanted alps I thought you just didn't like cherry

I don't use the numpad enough to make it worth taking up space on my desk

then get an alps compatible PCB

So that's a yes to the V60, then?

I though you wanted it in the HHKB layout, but if not then go with the V60

I'ma look for a convenient source for one, thanks.

Hell it has more dip switch layout options than the HHKB, and not wasting space in the bottom corners is a definite improvement.

What is the cheapest chinkiest crappiest mechakeyboard around?

Tomoko sells for $35 on amazon and has better build quality then the average chinkshit. I would go for that.

If I cut the stem on a keycap and glued on a stem compatible with the slider I wanted would the keycap work?

Assuming you didn't fuck up and lined it up perfectly, sure.

People have done it before and there are guides on how to do so

where

what topre weight will feel similar to my t420 keyboard?

It's not for me lol, I have a small budget for some internet cafe and someone wants me to get them 10 mechanical keyboards

The Tomoko is water resistant so that might help if someone spills something on it

55g

Hey guys. I feel like a war criminal because a few hours ago I spilled coffee on my Corsair K95, and even after an immediate unplug, key removal, thorough cleaner with alcohol swabs, drying and everything - I plugged it in and it doesn't work. Some of the LED's light up, but it's completely unresponsive.

Is there any way I could salvage its functionality? I don't care about the LED's, I just want to type. Not even the buttons above or media buttons work, so I can't even turn off the LED's. And the volume slider doesn't work, it slides down to 98 and back up to 100 volume.

Should I start saving up for a new mechanical keyboard or is there any hope?

On that vein, if the answer is "buy a new one", any recommendations for a similar one in the same price range (150 USDish) or below? This one had Cherry MX Reds. I'm gonna browse the OP pastebins anyway but I wanted to ask as well.

I learned my lesson, I'm never fucking leaving drinks or food around my desk again. Fuck me.

*thorough cleanup

but i dont give 2 fucks what happens once i sell them?

well if you are clumsy and have no money then get a cheap water resistant keyboard amazon.com/TOMOKO-Mechanical-Keyboard-Water-Resistant-Anti-ghosting/dp/B01DBJTZU2
This one has blacks, but if you want a different switch type there is also one in blues

oops I linked the wrong one lol, that blue switches

Is there any catch with Tomokos? They seem too cheap to be good
But maybe I've been too suckered in by the whole "gotta buy a top brand like Corsair" memes?

there is also a full size model but its more expensive amazon.com/TOMOKO-Mechanical-Keyboard-Resistant-Anti-ghosting/dp/B01IHVN4GA/ref=sr_1_2?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1474858775&sr=1-2&keywords=tomoko 87 key black switch

corsair charges more for the brand name. Also LEDs, macros and dedicated media keys cost more. The tomoko has none of those, but if you want something similar then get a ducky one backlit version. It costs around $100

It's a barebones TKL with Outemu MX clone switches, thin ABS keycaps and no extra features. It's about as cheap as a cut-down mech could realistically be.

The consistency of the switches will be questionable and the feel from the cheap keycaps won't help.

ty

Outemu is one of the better cherry clones out there, well they're better then kailh switches anyway

Thank you for your answers. I will look into these then

One extra question about my current keyboard: I'm looking at the board because I guess in the panic I forgot to open it up that far to clean it (I just took off the keys and cleaned the switches like a dumbass). If I don't see any black/burned out spots or anything busted, does it mean it is still salvageable? Would there be clear cut visual evidence that it's not coming back if it wasn't? Because I just see a few parts that are sticky that I've swabbed clean, but I don't know if that's magically going to fix it by leaving it to dry.

Does anybody know which part of the circuit board is in charge for managing the global inputs? Since the symptom was that absolutely no keys were working, but a few LEDs were, I suspect that could be the culprit

Picture related

What should I do when my keys start sticking? My tab key is started to feel really fucked, and other keys will randomly stick a little bit as well. I'd rather not replace them unless that'd actually be faster than disassembly.

They're just cheap-ass Kalih Brown switches.

>Budget
Any
>Location (continent at least)
US
>Preferred switch type
Cherry MX White (Milky) or Tactile Grey
>Layout
ANSI
>Form factor
104-key
>Backlight
Preferred
Logitech G710 (MX Blues)
Ducky Shine 5 (MX Blues)

you probably just have dirt in them. take the switch apart and lube it.
youtube.com/watch?v=VtyQ0M0yE2k

here is one in white (Milky)
mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1945
I can't find any tactile greys in stock, but I'm sure if you search around for Ducky keyboards you will find one

Those LEDs look awful. But if if it's the only one... (I found that one too in my search)

well those LEDs will be off most of the time, also I have one and they aren't that bad. I hardly notice them

Here is a picture of them. My guess is that they used a bad camera

I keep my numlock on though. Have you changed out the keycaps or do you use the stock ones? I'm eyeing some PBT ones from WASD.

Ah ok, answers my other question too lol

I got THICC dye-sub PBT keycaps (also from Ducky) for 45 bucks but they aren't in stock anymore except for the blue and grey version.

Damn. They sure do look sharp.

These are the ones I'm looking at:
wasdkeyboards.com/index.php/products/keycap-set/pbt-104-key-cherry-mx-keycap-set-gray-top-print.html

I'm not a fan of UV printing since it wears off after a while.
Double shot (pic related) and Dye-sub (that's when they burn the lettering into the keycap so it becomes a permanent part of it) will never wear out. Dye-sub is my favorite since you can't feel the letters because they have become part of the keycap unlike the others

Thinking of selling my NT TKL, was only my second mech board after a shitty corsair reds board.

Will I be disappointed with pleb switches? I tried out Romer-G/Razer Kalilh/Browns at best buy and they seemed all a bit too easy to hit the wrong key when typing compared to my 45g Topre.

Maybe a Clears will be decent? I am even considering going with gaming.logitech.com/en-us/product/g213-rgb-gaming-keyboard
because it should give me decent rubber domes without having to go all the way with topre rubber domes.

I think they are laser etched. I would go with dye-sub but I can find a set that I like. I'd love a PBT Dye-Sub Dolch one..

well if you want really heavy switches then get a buckling spring keyboard. It requires almost double the force of a cherry MX blue to press, also the tactile click occurs at exactly the same time as the actuation unlike clicky cherry switches

his english is really good but i don't think he sounds quite like a native brit

Clears might be better for you. IMO Kailhs are awful..

I have had the chance of trying out a buckling spring and it was quite nice.

The point here though is I am trying to get rid of my overpriced Topre meme for cheap alternative. There is no way buckling could be cheaper.

BS

I missed every other key with kalilh in the quick brown fox it seemed at best buy though not as bad as Romer-G at least, the stand only allowed for typing from this awkward standing angle.

How cheap we talking about? I got a grey badge IBM model M on ebay for $75, I've seen blue badges sell for as low as 60

Didn't realize these were cheap, fug.

Seemed like the holy grail of this meme and all along it is this cheap. I still would like to try clears, and perhaps browns aren't THAT bad if I could spend time with them.

I haven't tried Romers yet. But side by side I found MX Browns to be vastly superior to Kailh Browns.

WASD is laser etched but if you want dye-sub pbt then here is a set, but its bilingual with Korean sub legends
aliexpress.com/item/Hot-Sublimation-keycaps-Korean-characters-104-PBT-Keycap-OEM-Profile-For-Cherry-MX-Switches-Mechanical-Keyboard/32693084850.html?spm=2114.01010208.3.1.3n4bT1&ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_0,searchweb201602_5_10057_10056_10065_10068_10055_10067_10054_10069_10059_10058_418_10073_10017_10070_10060_10061_10052_10062_10053_10050_10051,searchweb201603_7&btsid=13104a42-a5d6-4bef-8e38-9568ada75fdb

I'll pass on those, I don't like white caps.
Like I said Dolch is my dream =P

well if you want new production then unicomp sells then for $84.
pckeyboard.com/page/category/UltraClassic

Opinions on O-Rings?

You can make custom PBT dye-sub keycaps in DSA profile at pimpmykeyboard.com/dsa-sublimated-keycap-sets/
but they are more expensive then the keyboard themselves
g20 profile is a bit cheaper pimpmykeyboard.com/g20-sublimated-sets/

Thanks for the links mate.

Novatouches are going to be a hot item. Cooler Master discontinued them and the only replacement to be seen is that Topre RGB keyboard.

Why do you want to sell your NT by the way?

The switch is great but the fact that there are no modern board designs and the only manufacturer is antiquated means there are tradeoffs.

Unicomp only got the tooling for buckling spring over membrane and fullsize plates/cases, which means no TKL designs, no capacitive buckling springs and no NKRO (2KRO only).

Old TKL model Ms exist in the wild but they fetch a high premium since Unicomp can't manufacture any more.

Model Fs are capacitive and inherently have NKRO but they're also rare/expensive, require active converters to use on a modern PC and are not available in any sort of modern layout.

there's a guy who's making repoduction model f's tho

Obviously I'm not in america. Taxes are high here. I also pay a lot for shipping too : /

otherwise I'd be some reviewer on youtube already

Yes but those are also lavishly expensive, have odd/limited layout choices and a bezel the size of an aircraft carrier.

This. Return policies and warranties from the US are utterly worthless outside of the US. International return shipping for a private individual is prohibitively expensive and import taxes are already sunk and won't be refunded.

Looking for brown keys, ten less. Any recommendations?

Shopping in Canada

Where should I buy if I'm in Eastern Europe? Mainstream e-shops only have "starter" basicbitch mechs

ncix.com/detail/ducky-one-tkl-brown-cherry-2a-133279.htm

massdrop.com/buy/v80-tkl-mechanical-keyboard

>Budget
Under $200 USD

>Location (continent at least)
US

>Preferred switch type
I have not tried switches yet to be honest. I've read in to them but still not sure which one to pick. If it helps I usually play OW and some MMOs.

>Layout
ANSI

>Form factor
100% and with media keys preferably

>Backlight
yes programmable RGB preferably

old as fuck membrane GE keyboard from like 2006

mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1365

Browns are like a 'middle ground' switch.
I personally perfer whites (milky) or blues

does anyone know if that Razer Ornata hybrid switch is gonna be garbage or not? Like what is the point of that.

>Budget
Location (continent at least)
US

>Preferred switch type
Topre, I know I'm not getting that at $150 so MX Clears I guess.

>Layout
ANSI

>Form factor
60%

>Backlight
Don't care either way.

Das Keyboard 3 Model S (MX Brown)
Cooler Master Novatouch with PBTs
Lamebutt XPS 13 Keyboard

Looking for a portable. You could probably guess what it's going to be used with. I'm thinking that I should get the WASD VP3 barebones and fit some PBT caps on it. Any good PBT caps in the $40 price range? How easy is it to get the coating off the Tai Hao keycaps?

Actually you can get a Topre for $150

mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=522

it's like a clicky topre

mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1241

Well, you know what I meant.
How do the legends fare over time?

Not sure, you could always get dye-sub PBT caps if you're worried.

pimpmykeyboard.com/g20-sublimated-sets/

>like topre
>want small layout
>don't like arrow keys

is my only option the hhkb? I'll feel like a faggot for buying one. if only the fc660c didn't have that retarded layout

Shut up and open your wallet.

>I'll feel like a faggot
>>like topre
>>want small layout
>>don't like arrow keys
you're already a faggot

rip money

I bought a switch tester and they all feel like ass except for browns and topre. I don't need an xbox huge keyboard so 60% is perfect.

>browns
>not ass

this is cheaper but 75-80% and topre clones

aliexpress.com/item/Plum-plum-108-rgb-35-45-realforce-capacitor-keyboard/32737960095.html

This. MX White supremacy.

Did your switch tester not include alps/matias switches?

I can't think of a single factor that would make MX browns preferable to dampened matias.

mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=987

Are there even testers with Alps/Matias on them? Links?

My TADA68 order is dated for January. RIP.

Sexy indeed, but I'm really more interested in backlight.

I think I'm going with a ducky shine 5 with cherry mx black. I won't need all those led effects but they sure are fancy. Thought the duckys were more expensive and pretty happy that I can get this without going over my budget.

Same as to the other guy
"I can probably fix it, but I wonder where I would start that thread so that the people that care would find it?"

Want something a bit lighter and smoother than mx clears.

Are zealios still a thing? They looked like what I wanted but last time I checked they were only doing small and expensive production runs, and didn't come pre-installed on anything

what is the best, most compact wireless mechanical keyboard

are you looking for 60%? 40%? do you like topre?

something very compact like this

The dude is making versions with smaller cases, just saiyan.

modelfkeyboards.com/product/f62-model-f-keyboard-kishsaver-ultra-compact/

ᶰᵉᵛᵉʳ ᵇᵘʸ ᵃ ᵏᵉʸᵇᵒᵃʳᵈ ᶠʳᵒᵐ ᵃ ᶜʰᶤᶰᵉˢᵉ ʷᵉᵇˢᶤᵗᵉ

>delayed until 3rd week of Sept

Can someone help me? I have been looking for a latin american o spanish keyboard that contains the letter "ñ" with cherry MX brown. Full size. Anyone?

you mean this layout?

Just bought a pack with ~120 for about $4. When it arrives I'm gonna make a review

why are the num 1 2 3 at a different angle? also num_enter

Exactly! Is cherry a good brand? Quality issues?

>$325-400
>bezel still huge

>hates rubber dome
>puts rubber o-rings on his muh clicky clacky to make them more like rubber dome

Are blue switches more accurate or sturdy or whatever? I mean, when I'm typing I'll sometimes hit the d or k when I don't want to and buttons go down really easily.

cherry profile ese

are you using reds now?

What will happen if I buy one? Anyway I have bought 2 keyboards from aliexpress and pack of gateron switches.

Browns.

I thought they were suppose to be tactile so I thought that meant they were firm and heavy.

If you have the time and patience, you can look around on ebay/ebay equivalents for model M's being sold by people that don't know what they have. Look especially for multiple keyboard sales where the picture isn't of a (recognizable) model M. Think box of keyboards. Millions of model M's where used in the 80's and 90's all over the world, so there's still plenty of people that have one lying around in the attic. This is also a good method to find cheap vintage mechanicals in general.

blues are light too but that's part of the charm, it's more ergonomic because you don't have to mash your fingers against your keyboard all the time, maybe you just have to get used to it and re-learn the way you type

I don't know I spent most of my time on a rubberdome so I had to hit the key all the way down, but these mechanically keyboards I hit the activation when I'm slightly touching a key.

you'll get used to it and start typing more gracefully like a pianist

Are the blues at least really tactile, because with browns I'm not feeling anything when I push down the keys?

they're more tactile than browns but you don't feel much if you hit them hard enough to bottom out

Any suggestions then because I like to really feel the tactile when bottoming out?

buckling spring or alps

If you want strongly tactile look for boards with alps switches or decent clones like Matias.

Get a dell at101w from ebay for around $40-50
Its more tactile then any cherry switch, but if you the ultimate in clicky for around $70 you can get an IBM buckling spring keyboard

That keyboard is rubber dome, but there is a mechnical version

>ruling out the comfy of a magicforce
youtube.com/watch?v=vEtR0Nuf3jM

Just found out about the tada68 keyboard, and right after I bought a V60 matias clicky no less...

I still am very interested in the tada68 but have a few questions about the MOD switches:

I have a keyswitch tester featuring all Cherry and Gateron switches and really want to try something similar to what I like so far:

Cherry MX Blue
Gateron Blue
ALPS SKCM White

Cherry MX Clear switches do feel pretty good, and it seems like the MODs emulate that feel. However, after reading the article describing the different actuation points not sure what would be the best decision for me. Any advice before I sign up?

Miamis are in but I mostly like the alphanumerics with my blanks.

The alps switches are probably still going to be better honestly

i don't doubt that. i can live with it since it will at least be compatible with most of my keycap collection. also i've got a v60 matias click on the way so that'll hold me over.

what among those MODs would feel closest to the alps whites though? deskthority says they actuate at 70g but it really doesn't feel that heavy (compared to cherry/gat blues)

when should the topre capacitive switch patent be expiring?

Last I checked it expired already.

Or the chinese just don't care. Either way, both royal kludge and noopoo have produced topre clones.

the idea behind topre isn't anything new. We've had rubber domes with sliders and springs for a long time. Its just that this implementation was slightly different

Is there any good 60% keyboards with cherry blues, a metal body and rgb? Also no branding would be nice.

Pok3r RGB

Not that I'd recommend it.

I recently acquired a corsair K70 with red backlights and MX reds. Thoughts Cred Forums?

I just hope you didn't overspend

looks gay

I payed £40 lower than retail price for it, brand new (LAN event in the UK, lots of companies selling discounted shit) I quiet like it desu. What exactly is wrong with it in Cred Forums's opinion?

Expensive and ugly

low quality abs plastics, nonstandard bottom row, tasteless gamer aesthetic, modern cherry linears

list goes on and on

I do prefer the beautiful custom keyboards that are posted here. But I think the aesthetic is quite understated and elegant. I'm not a fan of the backlight though. So I turn it off. Its nowhere near as gamer-ey as some others

See

Corsair jacks the price up because of the brand name. You can get keyboards with better build quality and more features for the same price as a crorsair keyboard. AlsoThey use some of the worst keycaps possible for a premium keyboard, but you can't get a full replacement set because of the nonstandard layout or else it will look like pic related.

>I do prefer the beautiful custom keyboards that are posted here
then why not buy them. Most of them sell for around $100

fuck

It's a completely new production run, and nowhere near the volumes they were originally run at decades ago. So of course a lower volume is going to be more expensive. That and the dude running it has said his goal is to be accurate to the original model F boards.

FYI the original IBM model F cost $350. His one also uses higher quality materials.

Honestly if I wasn't completely sold on the columnar layout of the ergodox I'd pick up an F62.

Yeah and that's in 1981 money. This is cheap for a full-metal custom made product, especially with no competitors on the market.