Moto Cred Forums thread

Moto Cred Forums thread

>Are you satisfied with it in 2016?

>What ROM are you using?

>When and what will you be upgrading to?

Is moto e welcome here too? Currently running slim 1.3 and will be upgrading to an x compact once I get the money and once it gets custom ROMs too.

Moto G 2014 reporting in, its smashed up a little but i still fucking love it

Moto G3 here, got fed up with the stock + moto bloatware so I flashed the cyanogenmod ROM and its a lot better

I still use a Samsung Galaxy Note 1 N7000 on Android 6.0.1.

I flashed a customized 6.0.1 on my G3. It's much better. Even the touch issues disappeared. Motorola should be ashamed

Moto G 2014, rooted stock, with all bloat removed but still on Lollipop 5.0.2. Right now it does great. Screen protector and no case. Probably the best made phone ever as far as feeling, size, and design. I want to upgrade but nothing is catching my eye. So I'll probably just stick with it for another year or maybe longer.

Is this the official phone of Cred Forums now?

Android 7.0 gave my phone a big boost and I couldn't be any happier.
Just don't use gapps.

>tfw did the same with my moto g3 when i recieved it and it randomly reboots
I dont mind it that much as it happens when im not even using it but it really makes me wonder.

I bricked mine. RIP. Now i have a paperweight. At least it is only a no SD card Boots version.

OP here, using the 2013 Moto G for my daily driver since release on stock 5.1 rom. It still manages to do all of the basic tasks I use it for. But it has definitely started to show his age, because some apps got a lot bloatier in the last few years. I will continue using it because I dont see a real reason to upgrade. Battery lasts me through the day without a problem. The phone is built like a tank, I carry it in my pocket daily and I have dropped it several times and its still without any damage besides some scratches on the back and the buttons got a bit damaged. Its honestly the best bang for the buck tech purchase that i have bought!

Moto Cred Forums3 here
would you recommend it CM over StockROM?
How about battery with CM? Also nearly 2days?

Might as well post in this thread too.
My 2014 G (stock) bricked today.
I'm replacing it today, any suggestions?

have one i bought in 2014 still. its great aside from the 8gb storage with no expansion slot. kinda ruins what would be perfect

No, when the battery fully discharged it would take an increasing amount of time to turn back on. A year later and it just doesn't turn on at all, even after replacing the battery.

Must be engineered to fail over time.

Has been for a while

I still use my first gen 4G model. It even started getting unofficial cm14 builds a few days ago.

moto g 3rd gen here
i dont know if it was my browser or my phone just fucking up but it froze and crash the phone last night i thought it was fucked for a secound

the 2015 moro g or the g4 play

2013 Moto X here, battery life is meh and officials lack official updates are only problems.

mine got quite smashed then my digitiser fucked up ;__________;
rip my phone

Had an original moto g, but then the microphone crapped out in such a way that I had to have it on speaker for others to hear me.
Because of that, I've since nabbed a Moto E 2nd gen and I'm quite happy with it.

I don't play mobile games, only browse Cred Forums and make calls with it, so its plenty fine for me.
I don't see the fascination with having a "high power" phone when none of them are truly anything spectacular really.
If you want mobility, even a small laptop/notebook leaves a phone in the dirt. If you want power, a desktop will rape a phone a million times over.

>Are you satisfied with it in 2016?
Yes.

>What ROM are you using?
CM 13

>When and what will you be upgrading to?

When it dies, OP or Nexus.

Such a nice little piece of hardware.

Moto g3 reportan
pros
>Great for the price.
>good camera and meh screen.
>stock droid and just werks.
>2 gigs of ram.
>aux quality is cool.
cons
>snapdragon 410.
>shit at anything moderately demanding.
>locked bootloader and gotta actually work to unlock it.
>can't get viper4android to run on it.

I have a Moto G 2013 with OrionOS, based on 6.0
The battery life is nothing special. Neither incredible or lame. The phone is fast, used to reboot when updated Facebook, I uninstalled it anyway. It overheats when I use YouTube for a long time I think it would get better if I update or change from but I'm comfortable with this one so fuck it.
I'm not going to change my phone in the near future. It's not necessary.

Used to be a god tier phone back then but over the years it's gotten overtaken by other chinkphones

Moto G 4g here. Flashed a marshmallow port, runs pretty well.

2014 here, it just werks, almost no damage on it. However since updating to marshmallow (and before too) it takes forever to start and crashes constantly. I can't avoid google apps so will probably upgrade.

Moto G 4G

>No, it's a laggy piece of shit

>Stock ROM then CM12. Both are terrible

>Upgraded to Xiaomi Mi 5, I couldn't stand it anymore

You mean the lenovo one?
kek mine is not laggy at all, it's a nice piece of hardware if you can handle the 5.5 inches display

Samsung S5 with Resurrection Rom