Apple is done

> Apple dropped 1.67% after a research firm says iPhone 7 sales were down 25%
businessinsider.com/apple-aapl-stock-sharply-down-after-gsk-report-2016-9

Apple lost 1.67% of its value on Friday after a surprising drop in the early afternoon which plunged the stock down over 2% at one point.

The stock dropped sharply at about 1:30 PM ET before making a slight comeback.

Apparently, a German research firm, GfK, issued a report based on "channel checks" suggesting that iPhone 7 sales would be down from last year based on data from Europe and Asia.

People who have seen a copy of the report are saying that it claims that iPhone 7 unit sales are down 25% on an annual basis against last year's iPhone 6S model, although it does not measure sales in the United States.

> GfK claims iPhone 7 unit sales are down 25% YoY Vs 6S. $AAPL
twitter.com/JustinPulitzer/status/779380370290728960

An article in Asian electronics trade Digitimes earlier on Friday also suggests that Apple has told its chip partners that its iPhone 7 chip orders will fall about 20% sequentially in the first quarter of 2017.
digitimes.com/news/a20160923PD205.html

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_public_corporations_by_market_capitalization?wprov=sfla1
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Tech market guy here.

Very skeptical on this report for a few reasons, been following it since it came out.

>Was only based on 12 European countries + Japan. When the new phone launched in 28 countries, and these sales are not fully accounted for in the report.

>Did not include USA market, which other reports from wireless companies suggested close to 4x the sales on launch weekend.

>No Plus model retail availability, possibly dampening initial sales numbers, as some reports suggest the 7 Plus model has increased demand over the 6s Plus.

Take it with a grain of salt. Not trying to defend Apple, but rather suggesting a celebration of their death may be a bit premature.

Not death, but their latest iPhone is inferior if you compare it to most other high-end smartphones.

Maybe if you were smart and bought when icaan tanked their stock, you wouldn't be so worried over 1%. I got in at 92 and am still printing money

A 2% drop does not mean a company is done.

Apple has been steadily declining for slightly over a year now. They are definitely struggling to keep the #1 spot, and I suspect they will be overtaken by alphabet in Q2 2017. To say they are done is a gross exaggeration because they are still the most valuable company in the world at this time. Also, it would be foolish to write them off before you've seen the outcome of project titan.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_public_corporations_by_market_capitalization?wprov=sfla1

if they play their cards right and get in the AR/MR space at the right time (~2-3 years from now), they'll make more money than the phones ever made them in a market that won't stagnate for more than a decade.

Good, I hope their stock continues to drop.

Companies make the best products when they're afraid of falling, hopefully this will give Apple the incentive to make the next iPhone a real substantial upgrade instead of minute incremental updates.

Apple is already preparing their next innovative product

>hopefully this will give Apple the incentive to make the next iPhone a real substantial upgrade instead of minute incremental updates

The company died when Jobs died.

AR/MR?

My guess is augmented reality/mediated reality.
I doubt it will take off within 100 years though.

This proves that apple buyers are really the biggest fucking sheep out there. The only reason the phones get bought is because other people do it as well. Man I can't wait for this company to end

UPS driver here
I can't comment on how many boxes Apple stores themselves get, but as for Residential deliveries in a densely populated area (Minneapolis Uptown) there have been far fewer phone deliveries from Apple this year compared to last.

That's not what the post is about. The post is about Apple as a company being done, nowhere does this graph say or suggest "apple has superior hardware".

Don't know why you felt the need to get the Android plug in here when we are talking about sales/profits.

Why do you keep skipping my fucking house?

Nope. Well maybe you're right. I buy them because I like them. If no one else liked them, I would still like them. But what about Android? They've got more market share than apple by far but we aren't saying "people buy Android just because other people have them". It sounds ridiculous.

Because our preloaders are shit and can't get put the boxes in the right trucks.

>we
I'm OP and that's my post. Applel's stocks are plummeting since iPhones are their only shit that actually sells and now 7 is failing to deliver; people realised what a pos it is and the headphones jack issue helped in aggravating the situation by both making it inferior and helping the news propagate..

iPhones are the most popular phones in the US. There are a million different Android brands.

>tech market guy here

woah 2% drop dude lmao

That's a lot when it comes to stocks.

We reddit bois

BUY HIGH SELL LOW BOYS

I don't mind the headphone jack massive fuckup and think they are great for not letting me do fucking anything with the phone I will buy for hundreds of dollars more than I can even afford. /sarcasm

Yes, but do you have any sources saying so? The source you cited in OP does not include information on the biggest market in the world - even if the information applies to the US, there's no reason to believe it until a source explicitly states so. Your post isn't really an argument - it's just restating a bunch of stuff from that article and memes from Cred Forums

>Apple is done
>EOD stock drop 1.67% ($1.91)
>Market cap $613.05 Billion
>P/E ratio of 13.16
Fucking retard.

>look the numbers are still big!1

>inferior
>Faster CPU then any android
>Faster storage speed
>Faster GPU
>Inferior

apple's been assembling a VR/AR/MR team for awhile now. they poached some people from oculus and magic leap recently. they also acquired flyby media, an AR company, plus a few more general image recognition companies. cook's made comments about AR's potential recently as well.
the depth mapping work that enables the new portrait mode on ip7+ is likely a direct result of their work on inside-out tracking.

there should be a lot more to talk about next year.

No, 2% is 2% because math

Does not surprise me for several reasons:

>iPhone 7 did not offer too much outside OK water proofing, but the 3.5mm headphone jack being removed was a big negative change.

>The used market is flooded with stuff identical to the 7 that runs just as well.

>The price for these phones is way too high considering you can get a 6S for much lower.

Hell, I bought a iPhone 6S Plus with 64GB over the 7 Plus due to the lower price point (got it on sale for $150. Was originally going to get the Note 7 but Samsung screwing up that badly pissed me off). That, and I wanted something with the headphone jack.

Oh boy, the annual 'APPLE IS FINISHED' thread!
I can't wait for a $600bn company to collapse because of a headphone jack.

>push niggers the entire iphone 7 keynote
>people stop buying iphone 7
lmao

HFT makes milions of dollars on a single 0.1% increase. Now calculate how much you just lost from 2% decrease.

>be first generation American born Peruvian
>iPhone 7 hasn't been released there yet
>asked to help them aqcuire 3 rose gold and will pay me $80 on top of what I have to pay to acquire iPhones
gonna get 2 more next week for people for $100 extra just for not being in my immediate family
I'm perfectly happy with my 6 plus tbqh but I hope other first generation norms are taking advantage also