Let's discuss webmail

Hey Cred Forums, what's an ethical, no bullshit webmail service provider that I can use?

I am fucking sick of gmail and outlook screwing me over and probably doing shady stuff with my info

Other urls found in this thread:

mail.vivaldi.net/webmail/)
reuters.com/article/us-russia-yandex-listing-idUSKBN0EE1NO20140603
startmail.com
bbc.com/news/world-europe-37465853
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

zoho.com

Add your own domain and you never have to switch email addresses again.

Your info is as worthless as you are.

is that expensive though?

It matters to me you fucking smartass cunt

you either pay with cash or information.
your choice, faggot.

Alright but how do I pay only cash and no information? If I knew how I wouldn't be asking

A domain is like 10 to 15 dollars a year.

Regular IMAP compatible or encrypted?

Requires your phone number, so no thanks.

I'd say encryption isn't a priority, what I'd like is an ethical service that won't scan my emails and try to tailor ads to me, and won't make it hard for me to access my mail every now and then like outlook does asking for confirmation via phone/ getting a sister outlook account linked, etc.

what do you use?

how good is fastmail?

yandex also allows free custom domains

i need a good mail provider that'll let me use my own domain and let me send out mail merges to 250-500 people a few times a week without shitting the bed

pls help

cock.li

Protonmail

vivaldi.net (mail.vivaldi.net/webmail/)
openmailbox.org
yandex.com

if you want encrypted: tutanota.com

Can Vivaldi browser beat ungoogled chromium with uBlock, uMatrix, Http everywhere, Tab cookies (self destructing cookies for chrome)?

>Bought/run by Mossad..

their double login system is really annoying

cock mail

>tutanota.com
I wouldn't trust a german company with privacy

Host your own. Honestly not that hard.

not hard to do but hard to keep it secure and spam free

You would trust Russian company, am I right?
reuters.com/article/us-russia-yandex-listing-idUSKBN0EE1NO20140603

Not specifically for being russian, but the germans have cuck laws with the USA due to postwar agreements. The nsa has carte blanche in germany

Thing with email is that it's almost impossible to get it actually secure. Especially if you intend to talk to anyone but your fellow tinfoliers. I have my own server with reasonable mail security but in the end I have to consider it "as good as unencrypted". SMTP servers that don't speak any encryption are one problem, the other that most people have mail accounts at the big companies where they instantly get accessible by the NSA. And it's not like my server is that safe, it's in a datacenter and might be under constant surveillance for all I know.

What you absolutely should do is get a domain, so you don't ever have problems with switching mail addresses.

Fucking Startmail
startmail.com

Has ever last feature you asked for OP

Holy fuck that video

I use runbox.com + my own domain + MUA (fetch and delete). It costs money (they accept bitcoin if you're extra paranoid) but you're the client, not the product. Plus, both the company and its servers are Norway-based so away from both US and EU mass-invigilating eyes (which doesn't mean they wouldn't share the fuck out of your data if you're specifically targetted by your government and it requests it through proper channels).

Hosting your own mail server is a pain in the ass. If it's a home server on a retail/consumer connection, pretty much everyone will treat your mail as spam. If it's a rented/colocated server, you still have to trust its provider.

Also, no matter where you host, you can't escape the botnet as long as almost everyone you email with uses Gmail and the likes and noone can into PGP.

I have been using mailbox.org for a month and I'm pretty happy. Their servers are slower than what gmail and Outlook will have made you used to. If you use Thunderbird, you will have to have your emails, calendar and contacts synced separately using IMAP, CalDAV and CardDAV (the latter which requires an add-on) and it supports Exchange to sync on your phone. Also has a Google Docs-like office simulator.

I notice most of the services other people have suggested don't even have a calendar. So uh, yeah. If you're used to having an online calendar synced across devices, then I would strongly recommend mailbox. It is not very expensive either.

One password to authenticate, one password to decrypt your emails. You can look at the source code and see due yourself that you're the only one with access to your unencrypted emails.

I personally use cock.li. It's not bad.

anyone use this?

>One password to authenticate, one password to decrypt your emails.

exactly, it's stupid. tutanota does that with a single password.

>using any service from Cuckmany or Netherstan

See .

bbc.com/news/world-europe-37465853

"Swiss voters have given a strong approval to a law on new surveillance powers for the intelligence agencies.

The new law would allow the authorities to tap phones, snoop on email and deploy hidden cameras and bugs.

It would help Switzerland catch up with other countries, supporters say."

In the Netherlands we have no decryption orders.

Get your own you fucking wimp.

This. There was a thread like this last month and I suggested mailbox.org as well. Pretty close to gmail-like without harvesting all your personal information.

netherlands is ok tho.

It's a wonder you're unemployed.

defunct.li

How about Teknik. They have a nice webmail as well.

protonmail is solid

None.

Protip: If they're free, you're the product.

like you can sniff encrypted email...