Windows 10 is a fucking piece of shit

To put it succinctly, Windows 10 is bullshit and I'm getting really sick of it.
I was a huge Microsoft booster for a very long time. I had Windows Phone 7 at launch and stuck with it through the Lumia 920, until I couldn't stand the (very real) app gap any longer. I liked and defended Windows 8, even before they fixed it with the 8.1 update. I got a Dell Venue 8 Pro Windows tablet when they were still novel. I used Windows Media Center as my primary DVR for years. I used Windows Home Server when that was a thing. I ripped my CDs to WMA format.
I was very much a Microsoft fanboy.
And Windows 10 has broken me.

I like your blog
where can I subscribe

Nice. Sucks to be you.

I'm enjoying it though.

>The aggressive push to get everyone to upgrade to Windows 10.
It's kind of obscene. You have to jump through hoops to make the upgrade icon disappear, and there's no guarantee that it won't come back. And it's difficult for power users. For average users, your moms and your typical cubicle-dwellers, it's essentially impossible. There's a little window icon permanently stuck in the corner of your screen that will regularly bug you to upgrade your operating system, and there's nothing you can do to get rid of it.

I'm going back to Windows 7 someday, user

>More than one year on, and Windows 10 still feels half-baked.
There are 'regular' updates, but not even a cursory release log to let users know what's fixed and what's changed. I understand that Microsoft doesn't want to throw resources at making changelogs for every single little bug fix, but maybe, just maybe, they should let people know when something important changes.

I think it's a great upgrade as a desktop OS.
Faster than any previous release, I'm enjoying the speed boost it gives with games.

>The flagship features of the operating system are useless.
Notifications are cluttered when an app supports them, and most apps still don't, and they aren't actionable either. Cortana is next to useless. Windows 8.1 would search for files in network shares, and Cortana refuses to. Even if the shares are indexed -- even if the folder is your primary documents folder (one of the few good things Windows 10 will let you do). Cortana won't search it. Windows Explorer search will still search properly, but Cortana won't. Cortana also constantly notifies me that I have a flood warning...even when it hasn't rained for weeks. But I get a flood warning. Every time I sign into my computer.

Salutations, Microsoft!

>Implying win 10 is not superior to all the freetard shit and any other previous version of windows.

Enjoy being poor or a pedo trying to hide your cp.

Running one of the first builds, works great.

Upgrading or updating Windows is a way to get a fucked up system or brake it.

>The Windows parental controls have been dumbed-down and made incredibly more frustrating.
What was a useful and powerful feature that I would recommend to everyone keeps getting worse and worse. Want to let your kid watch PG-13 rated movies but not play T rated games? You're out of luck, because the ability to adjust ratings based on content or media type has been replaced with a ridiculous age slider, that covers all media. Much more granular web filtering options were replaced with "On" or "Off" options. Want to buy apps for your kid? App sharing was easy in Windows 8.1 -- you just had to sign into your own account in the store and sign back out when you were done. Now, if you want apps on your kid's account, your kid has to buy them. Of course you can fill up their account with Microsoft money -- in ten dollar increments.

What?

>Why are UWP apps so slow?
My work computer is an Intel Core Duo. On Windows 7, I could hit the calculator button on my keyboard, and calc.exe would start immediately and in focus. Now when I hit it, the UWP calculator app starts, takes up to 5 seconds, and is backgrounded for some reason.

Why did so much break from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10? My WSE2012e connector still doesn't work properly with Windows 10.

I can't turn Cortana's web search feature off. Every time I undo the little switch in the menu for it, I click away and it's back on. Everything up to date, restarted Windows several times. Still the switch won't stay off. WTF is this shit? Am I gonna have to do a clean install?

Did you upgrade or do a fresh install?

You can no longer disable or turn off Cortana. The botnet is critical to the OS's stability and performance.

Upgraded.

Also the startmenu did not work and cortana froze

Windows 10 has a rebuilt kernel and driver architecture, probably that's why.

>Windows 10 has a rebuilt kernel and driver architecture, probably that's why.
Where did you get the source?

See

>Upgrading or updating Windows is a way to get a fucked up system or brake it.
Literally Arch

Install Linux

Windows phone was always a mess

fucking do not disturb mode was tied into Cortana

so if you wanted your phone to go quiet at night you had to set your region to a country that supported cortana

fucking retarded

>being too stupid for windows
go back to your toybox OS

>toybox OS
But windows is the toybox OS, Cred Forumsirgin

How can I uninstall windows 10?
I am unbelievably dissatisfied with Windows 10. It has caused my PC nothing but problems since I upgraded. Soon as I get one problem fixed another one arises, and in some instances, the same problem arises again. Mind you I had not a SINGLE one of these when I was running windows 7. I want windows 10 gone. It is a piece of crap that windows should have actually worked on before they released. Pathetic. Anyways! I missed the 30 day rollback period and I want to know how do I get this junk off my system? I get an error when I try to format my C: Drive saying I can't format it, I can't install windows XP (the option on the installer is grayed out), I can't reinstall my copy of Windows 7 as it I get the 0x6 error saying that the installation files could not be updated. HOW DO I GET WINDOWS 10 OFF MY COMPUTER? And a new hard drive isn't in the equation for me right now. Can't afford that. Microsoft if you really made it so I can't remove this piece of $@#! off my computer, then that is probably the stupidest thing you people have ever done. Sorry if I sound offensive. I'm EXTREMELY pissed off with Microsoft and their pathetic excuse for an Operating System.

>I missed the 30 day rollback period
if you had so many issues why did you wait a whole month

also try using a Linux live USB to completely wipe the hard drive

>I used Windows Media Center as my primary DVR for years. I used Windows Home Server when that was a thing. I ripped my CDs to WMA format.

my sides have left the solar system

make a lawsuit against M$ and roll in the sweet $

Spread your ass for Microsoft fuck boi

Maybe they don't want to release changelogs because all the changes are additional spyware.

Not a surprise, considering when microsoft officially releases a buggy update.

i see you are bipolar, you go from euphoric highs to depressing lows, i am sure microsoft will put out something you like again soon and you will be sucking windows dicks and be happy again

>Windows 10 has a rebuilt kernel and driver architecture
No, it doesn't.

dell venue is best tablet i have ever had

no that's linux
you need repos to be in safe space lmao
what a tech illiterate

I agree windows is shit.

I use windows and even I think Ubuntu is better.

>you need repos to be in safe space
That's exactly what makes your software downloads free from malware

So how is your fruity toddler gaymer OS going? rocking that minecraft hard with your fellow 14 year olds?

enjoy nogaems loser lol

>silent cry of a gamer manbaby

Not even Arch is this bad, user. Windows is now like a shitty phone OS. Stay with the older versions or suffer.

>I liked and defended Windows 8
you got what you deserved