MICROPOO RELEASES AN OFFICIAL BUGGY UPDATE

With the big Anniversary Update coming to Windows 10 in July, Windows Insiders have been receiving regular new builds packed with new features and improvements. KB3156421 is the latest cumulative update released by Microsoft for Windows 10 PCs and phones bringing a wide range of fixes and improvements, and bumping the build number up to 10586.318. Unfortunately, some people are reporting it’s causing serious slowdowns.

"""However, Microsoft itself has announced yesterday that the latest cumulative update comes with a known bug that makes several PCs very slow once it is installed on Windows 10. Fortunately, there’s a possible fix if your PC is affected.""

"""Microsoft’s John Wink, Senior Program Manager Lead working on Windows 10 updates, said on Reddit that “if you find that your PC is abnormally slow after installing the update, you may be seeing a problem that I’ve been trying to track down for a couple of weeks. Here’s something you can try to see if it alleviates the symptom. I’d love to hear the results of this test, and could really use your help in gathering additional information if indeed it rectifies the symptom for you. Please give this a shot and post your results to this thread. Thanks!”"""

techworm.net/2016/05/buggy-update-kb3156421-slows-windows-10-pcs-laptops.html

TLDR: REJESH FUCKED UP IN THE LATEST UPDATE AND MICRO KUCKS ARE SAYING SORRY

They could just pull the update until they fix the problem.

>updating your windows

Cant they use all that meta data they collect to find put the cause? If not and they need to seek the users help outside of that, then whats the fucking point?

Glad i still have my win7 partition, I only ever boot into win10 if win7 is explicity not supported for the task at hand.

>use all that meta data
They sell it straight away and the information are kept secret as per the deal goes with the NSA

That's why i always said w10 update program was awful.
Meanwhile i'm damn comfy in w8.1

I just upgraded to Windows10.

I'm so disappointed. I want to go back to 8.1. Is this possible? Or, at the very least, is there some way to get a better (working) version of this horrible "upgrade?"

So, the app screen I was getting used to that came when I pressed the Windows button in between the ctrl and alt ones is no longer a thing?

The box at the bottom that claims to be a "search web and windows" just highlights when I click on it and won't accept any characters. This kills me, because I live / die with HD search capability, and was in love with Win8 search function.

I get some helper popup that when I say "no thanks" to it, gives me an are you sure prompt with a "go back" or "close" option. I click close, and it bolds, but just sticks. Then, when I ctrl-alt-del to task manager to give it some help effing off, task manager hangs.

I am sure there are more, but I can't get past these. I got a blue screen with an un-smiley that told me there was a problem needing restart. It re-started, and was back to the normal disappointing.

My computer is only a year old and was functioning cherry with Win8.1 up until I got greedy with the free Win10 "upgrade." I can't find anything I like about Win10. Will it get better, and If it ruins another working day for me, can I go back to Win8.1?

Thank you so much.

>Hey we know about this bug but we dunno what's causing it here could you try a couple of things and fix our problem for us because we have no idea what we're doing thanks bae love ya

For those that stuck with windows 7 they also broke the update system so it hogs all of your CPU time and a good portion of your memory for no reason. Searching also seems to last for an eternity

>windows insiders
signing up for a beta means you should know you might be getting buggy & unfinished software

I thiiink you can revert back to your previous windows. If that's not the case, then just fresh install 8.1

To be honest, used w10 ever since the first insider release and never saw the benefit of using it over 8.1. So i decided to stay in 8.1, install classic shell for start menu and done

>I want to go back to 8.1. Is this possible?
You can go back in the sense that you can flatten/reinstall Windows 8.1 again.

I've done the same with my Win 7 Pro key, works for installing either 7 or 10.

>Microcuck can't fix their own OS so they're hiring their users to do it for them
Wew lad

But feature and security updates are the same thing now.

How do I turn off updates for this POS? Every time I do it I get an auto update a few weeks later..

>signing up for a beta means you should know you might be getting buggy & unfinished software
Too bad the actual windows 10 is no different than the insider version. Buggy as fuck.

>I'm so disappointed. I want to go back to 8.1.
you have 30 days to revert

settings -> update & security -> recovery

(I think)

>packed with new features and improvements
like fucking what? I've had it for a year now and it's still the exact same shit it has always been, it never gets any better and none of the flaws ever get fixed

ms and windows can burn in hell for this bullshit

>may 11th
All these people falling for the bait.

Insider builds were far more destructive than a slowdown.

fucking this

Microsoft has a history of always having to fix things. Once they get it working pretty good, they come out with a new OS because previous OS is outdated. Windows 10 should be fine around 2026. Be patient.

>pc slow
>Unfortunately, some people are reporting it’s causing serious slowdowns.

like harddrive being clogged? and active 100% always? we have this thread like 2 days ago ?

My Sides

Microcuckolds WILL defend this hahahahaha

I still use w7 and I can confirm this. The windows update service permanently uses about 30% of the cpu. I managed to stop this by disabling the update service altogether but I do feel like they are also gimping the speed of w7 in other ways.

I'm on the fast ring

Last update the power button in the start menu just crashed explorer.exe

Now, calc.exe and the image viewer are broken and crash on startup

Also I can only open the start menu on one screen, but if I try to open it on my second screen it just crashes explorer.exe

>May 11, 2016

$.05 have been donated to the FSF in your honor, keep up the good work Mike!

>I'm on the fast ring

Post discarded.

Yeah, more or less

>sign up to beta test updates
>surprised when there are issues

Seriously kill yourself

using windows means you know you will get buggy software

t. Leah rowe

I disabled windows update and enable it when I want to check for patches

>Searching also seems to last for an eternity
I also disabled that and use a program called Everything (voidtools). Instant search results with no CPU usage and light on memory

It literally says "July" in the OP, too.
Does Linux not even come with a calendar?

Well windows search is also pretty shit but I was specifically referring to the windows update searching.

For some reason even despite having 100% of a core all for itself windows update still fails to find updates in a timely manner.

>makes several PCs very slow once it is installed on Windows 10
>I’ve been trying to track down for a couple of weeks
what the hell. this shit doesn't happen in linux.